Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Chaos: A Nigerian Thing? ( My Experience At The Venue Of Nigerian - Iraq Match) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chaos: A Nigerian Thing? ( My Experience At The Venue Of Nigerian - Iraq Match) (1456 Views)

MY EXPERIENCE AT A BURIAL CEREMONY IN IGBOLAND!!! / Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Is Omugwo Only A Nigerian Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chaos: A Nigerian Thing? ( My Experience At The Venue Of Nigerian - Iraq Match) by 27naira(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2013
It was already 4:25 pm, i said to myself "this is it"! I turned off the telly and flipped my computer close. I quickly slid into my white shorts and a blue t-shirt and headed for the door. The game starts by 5pm - "how do i beat the sheikh Zayed traffic"? i asked myself. Quickly i searched for "al rashid stadium" on the GPS navigator and hit the road making sure i was keeping to speed limit but not falling behind.
Heading towards al sharjah, i followed the voice prompt and alas! look at the stadium! The time was already 4:50 pm, i hurriedly parked off road in the sands, making sure there is no parking meter within the vicinity because i wasn't ready to part with anything, even a fil.

Around me, i saw two coaster buses with the Nigerian flag conspicuously mounted or rather wrapped around the front. All i see is my Naija brothers coming out from every direction: Some, so dressed up you'll think its a wedding occasion while others were flipping and flopping on their bathrooom slippers, immediately i felt like i was in Nigeria, i was grinning from ear to ear, i loved the feeling!

I headed to the entrance, grabbed my free ticket from the security post and navigated myself through the crowd towards CAT2 Zone 7 which i will say was the "Nigerian Domain".
On getting to entrance 7, i couldn't believe it! It was like Enyimba stadium! people pushing and shoving at themselves to get to the gate, i was dumbfounded. There was chaos! a typical Nigerian chaos that makes you quickly forget your manners. The barricade was aligned for a single queue but we have over 3 to 4 queues all pointing to the same little entrance. People were shouting, screaming and laughing. Calling out friends names and reserving slots for their pals.
The Police couldn't even handle it. I asked myself "Did God take away orderliness from Nigerians as a punishment to Eve for eating the apple"? It will be most unfair because Eve isn't a Nigerian. Suddenly, they started climbing stuffs. Anything that is elevated became a stepping spot. Every other nationality was let in but the gate to the "Nigerian domain" was still shut due to the chaos. To my amusement people started screaming "its not fair o". It was funny in the most shameful way.

To save you from my ranting, we were finally let in after some folks were subjected to thorough frisking "with their hands raised" lol.

Since then, i've wondered and concluded that the Nigerian psych has been riddled by the disease of chaos. orderliness has been lost in our society such that we can't even tolerate it. We have programmed ourselves to "standout" from the larger society by showing lack of comportment. It is easy to complain about every other people hating Nigerians but the absolute truth is we don't make ourselves likable either.

(1) (Reply)

Why do the igbos call the wall gecko -' agu ulo' / Reasons The Igbo's Love The Yorubas So Much / Why A Muslim Can Never Be President In USA (in Support Of Ben Carson)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.