Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards (808 Views)

The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by elujah1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
I have noticed many vehicles with bibles on their dashboards. Buses and taxi's especially, a trend I guess. Do they ever read it, as most I see are traffic offenders nd rude. Experienced such? share ur experience
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by plaetton: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
elujah1: I have noticed many vehicles with bibles on their dashboards. Buses and taxi's especially, a trend I guess. Do they ever read it, as most I see are traffic offenders nd rude. Experienced such? share ur experience

With a failed and lawless system where bad roads, bad drivers, unsafe vehicles etc, is the order of the day
,Bible na juju.
We are juju addicts.
It is just a matter of which type of juju do you believe.

More advanced humans have good roads rules that govern the safe use of such roads.
For us, we rely on the written words of stone-age middle east cavemen to keep us safe from what are the inevitable consequences of a failed system.

My poor Nigerians. undecided
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by mazaje(m): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
plaetton:

With a failed and lawless system where bad roads, bad drivers, unsafe vehicles etc, is the order of the day
,Bible na juju.
We are juju addicts.

More advanced humans have good roads rules that govern the safe use of such roads.
For us, we rely on the written words of stone-age middle east cavemen to keep us safe from what are the inevitable consequences of a failed system.

I tire ohh. . .No one puts it better than you. . .
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by specco(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
plaetton:

,Bible na juju.
We are juju addicts.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Do not regard the Word of God as the writings of some stone-age cavemen. You may be right to say that some motorists misplace their faith by trusting in the physical book(logos) rather than the written word(rhema).
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by popsy007(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
They av got dis belief dat d bible cn save 'em from accident attacks even wen 'emselves r d culprit
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by elujah1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
You have a point. Some of the bibles are even thorn or the new testament, but the way they act when driving is what amazes me. Its all religion I guess.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by RINE1: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
Because they believes that protection comes from God.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by elujah1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
RINE.:
Because they believes that protection comes from God.

And driving recklessly?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by vanhelsing(m): 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
Some even go ahead to place that dubious ancient document underneath their pillows... It is one of the ingredients of stupidity...!
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by RINE1: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2013
vanhelsing: Some even go ahead to place that dubious ancient document underneath their pillows... It is one of the ingredients of stupidity...!
vanhelsing: Some even go ahead to place that dubious ancient document underneath their pillows... It is one of the ingredients of stupidity...!
easy bro don't take it too personal please
easy bro...please don't take it too personal.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Drivers Place Bibles On Their Dashboards by vanhelsing(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
RINE.:

easy bro don't take it too personal please

easy bro...please don't take it too personal.

Nothing personal sir.

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of The Hijrah Calendar / How To Determine If Any Revelation Is True Or False / We Are In Heaven Already,please Enjoy Your Life Without Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.