Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,510 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu (20877 Views)

Youths Protest Against Wike's "Hate Speech" In Ogoni - Photos / ''A Dwarf Cannot Rule Akure” – Youths Protest Against Deji-elect / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Mekanus(m): 7:37am On Oct 27, 2013
Hundreds of Igbo Youths in Enugu, under the aegis of Igbo Progressives Union, on Saturday protested against calls for the sacking of the Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah.
Also, Oduah’s kinsmen, led by High Chief George Nwabueze, stood in defence of their daughter, exonerating her from any wrongdoing in the purchase of the cars.
The protesting young men and women, who carried placards with different inscriptions, accused an unnamed ‘cabal’ of being behind the calls for the removal of the minister.
The youths insisted that the intention of the cabal was to stop the minister from going ahead with her transformation agenda in the aviation sector.
The group, who spoke through their leader, Emeka Agbo, said Igbo youths were prepared to go the whole hog to ensure that their daughter was protected.
Agbo, who is a student at the Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu said some highly-placed individuals were determined to rubbish the towering pedigree and achievements of the minister.
He said, “This is a woman that has given the aviation sector a new face since she came into office. Today, our airports can compete with airports in foreign countries.
“Before she came to office, we were hearing about international airport but today, it has become a reality in Igboland. We are ready to swim and sink with her.”
On their part, the people of Ogbaru, led by Nwabueze, said the battle was not about the minister but the 2015 presidential elections.
Nwabueze said some people who are not comfortable with the transformation agenda of the president had ganged up to tarnish the image of members of the federal cabinet.
“They also want to rubbish the President ahead of the next election,” he said.
Nwabueze said the criticisms against the minister of aviation were not based on genuine grounds, but were politically motivated.

http://www.punchng.com/news/igbo-youths-stage-pro-oduah-protest-in-enugu/#comments

These guys must have been given some chicken change or are looking up for one

46 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by xrisdon(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2013
ops, by your last statement you have rubbish yourself and your thread

29 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by EzePromoe: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2013
Who told you they were bribed?
Her good works is showing for her. She is loved by all Nigerians except for bigoted Hausas and Yorubas.

50 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by BabaEleko(m): 8:44am On Oct 27, 2013
Confused gullible hungry, attaching tribal sentiment to common sense mumu people!!!

36 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Tolexander: 8:58am On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: Who told you they were bribed?
Her good works is showing for her. She is loved by all Nigerians except for Hausas and Yorubas.
what does this mean?

Loved by all nigerians expect the hausa and yorubas?

Man, you've fallen prey of these;

Fallacy of hasty generalization!

fallacy of unwarranted assumption!

Irrelevant conclusion!

Argumentum ad misericordiam

fallacy of false presumption.

Argumentum ad podium.

78 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by IleIfe2(m): 9:00am On Oct 27, 2013
This shows the disparity in moral uprightness and civil aspiration between Stella Oduah's Supporters and the rest of humanity. Success and hard work also has a very different definition with them. Its a shame. It feels like watching cave men on National Geographic channel, its difficult to comprehend how far from reality, these people are. grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Polio: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Bunch of idle idiots .... I dont understand what they are protesting against

10 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by nnocurruption: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes ohhhhh she must stay if it was a Yoruba/Hausa person Fg won't be talking of sacking her.

There are people who have done worse things than her E.g David Mark, Obj, all house of rep/ Senate members, Good luck jona, Babangida, Buhari, 99% of ex and present governors e.t.c those are the major thugs/tyrants in Nigeria not Madam Stella.

The only exception is Fashola.
Good luck jona when de use 1billion de eat unkor that is 1000million naira compare that to the 225million naira cars Stella bought beside she has defended herself.

Just for the record i am not an Igbo person.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Lord ANyanwu Guide us.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Phitz12(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Dey're doin dem good nd dey r dere protesting

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Stella Oduah won't be sacked! i heard that from a reliable source close to the state house on friday. APC and their cohorts are only wasting their time

4 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by ganase2: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Mekanus:

http://www.punchng.com/news/igbo-youths-stage-pro-oduah-protest-in-enugu/#comments

These guys must have been given some chicken change or are looking up for one

That's ur stupid opinion...of course amount outrageous...but most are just brainwashed by sensationalism of media attack! Am not igbo, omo yoruba ni mi to the bone marrow, this administrative lapse on her path can't be compared to many atrocities Hausa politicians do right her in Abuja. How many hausa ministers or politicians have been given same media wash that seem to always affect most southern counterparts all the time! Let's use our brains abeg

27 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
The youths insisted that the intention of the
cabal was to stop the minister from going
ahead with her transformation agenda in
the aviation sector.

This statement just doesn't add up.

Obviously, they re paid protesters who knows nothing apart from making money at all cost.

Tribalism is really eating this country to death. Plainly, this woman has erred and any move to reprimand her is justifiable.

So, because she's an ibo woman, she should do whatever she likes with people's money?

Haba! What were they thinking?

To all those supporting her evil deeds, may God do to your life spans the way she did, is doing and will do to the public funds in her care.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Big4wig(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Buh why are does guys protesting naa,i think she deserves her sack sha #BIGWIG'S thought

Btw Please and please, ladies should not just go to any beautiful car parked, borrow thier friend's phone, snap themselves, upload and write..."Me beside daddy's car" because it happened to a lady who always changed her pix with different cars she snapped with. This time, she was unlucky as the beautiful jeep she snapped with and uploaded with comment..."Me infront of shoprite with daddy's car" had a small cartoon ontop boldly written...."CAR FOR SALE ".
Oooooppps.

#BIGWIG passed here
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Zer0(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
We love and support princess Stella Oduah and our father president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

No campaign of calumny will deter the performing personnels in GEJ's administration.

Bullet proof cars and APC won't deviate our attention from the fantastic performance of our dear Princess Oduah.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by drnoel: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: Who told you they were bribed?
Her good works is showing for her. She is loved by all Nigerians except for Hausas and Yorubas.
What ever, still she has made a mistake and someone has to pay 4 it
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Some pple ar jus 2 mumu..sm1 stealin ur collective wealth,nd u ar shoutin against her sack..naija pple nd hypocrisy!!!

16 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Promoe(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: what does this mean?

Loved by all nigerians expect the hausa and yorubas?

Man, you've fallen prey of these;

Fallacy of hasty generalization!

fallacy of unwarranted assumption!

Irrelevant conclusion!

Argumentum ad misericordiam

fallacy of false presumption.

Argumentum ad podium.
First you are guilty for the wrong use of Latin, and guilty of visceral Stella-phobia undecided

Argumentum ad odium (appeal to spite) - What I said was not an attempt to tonguelash the opposing party, but the plain truth. After the OP had posted, he went ahead to say the youths were bribed. How did he came to such conclusion, if not for the same visceral hatred. NOT GUILTY!

Argumentum ad misericordiam (appeal to pity) - Only the pitiable deserves pity, and Stella is not one of them. She is not even under pressure to perform. So this charge is out of place. NOT GUILTY!

Put away your cloth of hatred and embrace the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Emytexboy(m): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2013
nor mater what they do, they can't stop the igbos shining in their afairs

10 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Smartjeezy(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Nigeria i dey hail una oo...!
Corruption cant be stopped with all this mess.
Students on there way to abuja on friday.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Yeske2(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2013
The protest is uncalled for. Yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by speeder(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2013
'Do not steal, the government hates competition'

4 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2013
And we keep wonderin y dis country z backward,pple shud stand up 4 justice and wat is right!not because sumbdy is ur tribe means wat e/she does is automatically right.. Am an ijaw dude,but voted against jonathan cos I never liked him!e looked very vague,dull n fake wen he was contestin.. I guess my instincts were right cos es worse dan wat I thot!! We shud stop dis tribe/ethnic thing n move forward! I will rather hav an efik man dat can change dis country dan my tribe person dat will steal n endanger my kids future!!

34 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2013
The other day I was discussing with my wife and her mum and trying to convince them that the problem of Nigeria wasn't the leadership.

The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians themselves.

Imagine these Igbo youths protesting that a thief who has been shortchanging them should be reinstated. Choi! cry cry cry

I am ashamed to be Igbo at this point. Nigerians are content with their suffering so who am I to plead their case?

Me i waka commot from that sad place called Naija and glory be to God, my daughter's passport is not green like mine. grin grin grin

36 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Herdsmen Chase Ogun Residents To Benin Republic / Buhari Wants Osinbajo, Others To Tackle Crude Oil Theft In The Niger Delta / Aliyu Ahmed El-Rufai Is Dead: El-Rufai's Brother Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.