Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Describe This Car (hummer 7) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Describe This Car (hummer 7) (2517 Views)

Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) / Who Remember This Car? Who Can Guess Nickname? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Describe This Car (hummer 7) by Jazzgrin(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Can this care be able to run from Nigeria to another country in a day?
Below is the picture of the care, give your description?
Are you afraid? Say No! And describe it.
Can it be compare with mescedise Benz?.

Post comments.

Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2013
Jazzgrin: Can this care car be able to run from Nigeria to another country in a day?
Below is the picture of the care car, give your description?
Are you afraid? Say No! And describe it.
Can it be compared with mescedise mercedes Benz?.

Post comments.

Fixed! wink
Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Hummers are functional but ugly, and this one's no exception. I'd rather have a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon.

And just so you know OP, any car can drive from Nigeria to another country in a day. Old, banged-up buses run between Nigeria and Ghana, Nigeria and Cotonou daily, so what's your point?
Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by oseo1(m): 11:36am On Oct 27, 2013
@siena if it was an older G wagon I'd agree with you, the newer ones have the same issues I have with the ML and GL series, they are a bit too computerised, so if they go in deep water they go bonkers. A few weeks ago there was heavy rain in my area and we had quite a bit of water at my estate gate. There were 2 GLs 1 r class and one G63 stopped in the water. Now I know no cars are designed to swim however there is something that mercedes isn't doing that the Chinese/Americans are.

After saying all that I'd go with the G class to if it was for every day driving. This hummer looks a little tacky in my opinion.
Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2013
I have owners manuals of the 2013 GL class and 2013 G class. They are good offroad. If the GL class have the optional offroad package + airmatic suspension installed and the vehicle raised to the highest level, it can ford waters up to 60CM depth which is very respectable. Most probably, those GL's don't have offroad package installed and that Gelandewagen have electrical issues or other issues.

Besides, I dont advise anyone to just ford deep waters unless their ecu, other electrical components and harnesses and fluids are tucked in water proof compartments and they have installed a vehicular air intake snorkel which extends to the roof of their cars.

1 Like

Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by Originalsly: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
ose_o: @siena if it was an older G wagon I'd agree with you, the newer ones have the same issues I have with the ML and GL series, they are a bit too computerised, so if they go in deep water they go bonkers. A few weeks ago there was heavy rain in my area and we had quite a bit of water at my estate gate. There were 2 GLs 1 r class and one G63 stopped in the water. Now I know no cars are designed to swim however there is something that mercedes isn't doing that the Chinese/Americans are.

After saying all that I'd go with the G class to if it was for every day driving. This hummer looks a little tacky in my opinion.
If the vehicle wasn't eqjipped with extras to make it operate in deeper water then regardless whether it's MB of Ford the result should be the same. If a snorkel is added I think the best vehicle for floods would be Toyota FJ Cruiser which has its electronics at roof level.
Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by kingschild123(m): 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pros - Looks, Handling, Off-Road Capability, Turning Radius, Seems to be well built

Cons - Visibility, Gets dirty easily, Average MPG, No Aux on radio
Re: Describe This Car (hummer 7) by instinctg(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
only if i fit carry am go my village for xmas

(1) (Reply)

Engine Overhauling Center In Nigeria??? / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / P2716 Error Code On Toyota And Lexus Can Be Fixed With This Simple Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.