Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

Is There Any Ethnic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Ethnic (3346 Views)

KIRIJI : The World's Longest Civil War By Any Ethnic Group / Moderators Please Ban Any Ethnic Induced Thread / Inter-ethnic Marriages Or NYSC Which Can Promote National Integration Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nl please, I have been watching and listening to Stella oduah's supporters for the past few days and i've observed one of the reasons they give for supporting her is the the strong believe that someone, somewhere is after Enugu international airport. If anyone has a link or article that shows opposition parties, New PDP and other Nigerian ethnicities opposing the upgrade of Enugu airport, please share it with us.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by naijaking1: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
No need to play both sides 'innocently'. Go ask Capt. Dele Oreh and others.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by olabukola: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
No but some people thinks that some sections of the country are gnashing teeth.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Chamackh(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
naijaking1: No need to play both sides 'innocently'. Go ask Capt. Dele Oreh and others.
good reply. Shalom
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by EzePromoe: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
There may be no opposition voiced out, but it is really burning in their heart.
Some people who could no longer keep it in their mind have come out to voice out their feelings, e.g Captain Dele

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by DerideGull(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
@OP

If not for tribally biased instigation because of Enugu International airport, why would you talk about Stella Oduah in light of mere two BMW cars purchased by NCAA for ministry of aviation official usage?

It is only in a jungle such as Nigeria that political hay is raised because a ministry or agency procured vehicles for official usage not personal.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
naijaking1: No need to play both sides 'innocently'. Go ask Capt. Dele Oreh and others.

the dele ore who only exists on the internet, right? sort of like the unlamented "concerned professionals" supporting the then yet-to be-convicted bank chiefs in the face of from Hurricane sanusi

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2013

Who is Dele Oreh and and others, what did they say? Link or links to where we can find how they opposed the Enugu airport?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Midastouch1: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Who is Dele Oreh and and others, what did they say? Link or links to where we can find how they opposed the Enugu airport?

You are wasting your time debating with some particular posters. To these folks, any constructive criticism is automatically dismissed as opposition
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

If not for tribally biased instigation because of Enugu International airport, why would you talk about Stella Oduah in light of mere two BMW cars purchased by NCAA for ministry of aviation official usage?

It is only in a jungle such as Nigeria that political hay is raised because a ministry or agency procured vehicles for official usage not personal.

Wow. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by PapaBrowne(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Go and read the Kano state gov's threat to Stella oduah today.

Read through the posts of many nairalanders from a particular section of the country concerning Enugu international airport.

Go and read an article on how internationalization of Enugu airport would kill the aviation industry written by a purported aviation expert from a certain part of the country.

Ask yourself why the attacks on Stella even before the BMW scandal was extremely high and increased immensely after Ethiopian airlines touched ground in Enugu.

Ask yourself why the BMW scandal of is so loud despite the minute figure in comparison to say the pension fund scandal or even the fuel subsidy scandal that ran into trillions or sanusi's university donations running in billions that vanished. Funnily Amaechi bought a jet worth $50m. Fashola bought bullet proof vehicles worth 600 million naira. Noboby complains in all these crazy cases. Infact, if this happened b4 Enugu airport, nobody would have complained.

Lets not deceive ourselves. I previously used to assume South eastern complaints about hatred from the west was exaggerated. But after this incident, I have concluded that there is a real war against south east and south south progress by the previous blocs that held the ante of power and have now lost it to the previously marginalized who ae now lords of the manor.

And by the way, I'm not Igbo. I am from edo state.

35 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: There may be no opposition voiced out, but it is really burning in their heart.
Some people who could no longer keep it in their mind have come out to voice out their feelings, e.g Captain Dele

So, you people read minds now. Who is captain Dele? grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by JMOI: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Trail ii: for your dreams. Uno we are ur boss
There is no Yoruba man or woman holding the top positions in this country. Here is the top 10 in case u don't know:
President
VP
Senate President
Speaker
Chief Justice
Deputy Senate President
Deputy Speaker
Secretary to the government of the federation
Coordinating minister of the economy
Attorney-General
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by JMOI: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

you are the richest tribe in Nigeria, your region is the most civil and developed? Igbos wear high heels? grin grin grin grin grin Nobody is after your queen. An average politician might be corrupt but your godess was caught stealing, have some self respect.
You'll forever be slaves to us, just as you've always been in your own territory Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Napoleondegreat: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
Go and read this and stop pretending not to have read it. It was written by Capt. Dele Ore an ex pilot
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aviation-development-a-rehash-of-old-tunes-2/[/quote]
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Midastouch1: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Go and read this and stop pretending not to have read it. It was written by Capt. Dele Ore an ex pilot
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aviation-development-a-rehash-of-old-tunes-2/

So in the opinion of Ibos, Mr Dele Ore comments represents the views of all Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nebeuwa(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
PapaBrowne: Go and read the Kano state gov's threat to Stella oduah today.

Read through the posts of many nairalanders from a particular section of the country concerning Enugu international airport.

Go and read an article on how internationalization of Enugu airport would kill the aviation industry written by a purported aviation expert from a certain part of the country.

Ask yourself why the attacks on Stella even before the BMW scandal was extremely high and increased immensely after Ethiopian airlines touched ground in Enugu.

Ask yourself why the BMW scandal of is so loud despite the minute figure in comparison to say the pension fund scandal or even the fuel subsidy scandal that ran into trillions or sanusi's university donations running in billions that vanished. Funnily Amaechi bought a jet worth $50m. Fashola bought bullet proof vehicles worth 600 million naira. Noboby complains in all these crazy cases. Infact, if this happened b4 Enugu airport, nobody would have complained.

Lets not deceive ourselves. I previously used to assume South eastern complaints about hatred from the west was exaggerated. But after this incident, I have concluded that there is a real war against south east and south south progress by the previous blocs that held the ante of power and have now lost it to the previously marginalized who ae now lords of the manor.

Good post.

It is the zero sum mentality that most Nigerians have.

There must be one winner and one loser; for every gain there is a loss. That is the mindset of some regions in Nigeria.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by cjrane: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2013

You hit the nail at the head my brother. This is a country where billions of naira is spent to build roads, bridges, railways, international airport and other infrastructure in one part of the country and its all "good" for the country,but if one naira is spent to improve infrastructure in an unfavored part of the country, they cry blue murder and the head of whoever authorized that must roll.

For the international status of Enugu airport, They had fervently tried blaming the aviation minister for Agagu's crash, but that failed. All the hot air they are blowing about the bullet proof vehicles acquired by the NCAA for VIPs visiting Nigeria is just a smokescreen to attack the aviation minister. Even when she did not even sign the deal!

OK, they should provide evidence where the aviation minister personally benefited monetarily from the procurement of the cars done by the NCAA, they won't! All they know is that she is guilty of something and must be lynched!
Shameless very very tribalistic people!

8 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by mhizbanega(f): 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2013

thankss. Na only God go bless yuh. Truth they say is bitter.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Nl please, I have been watching and listening to Stella oduah's supporters for the past few days and i've observed one of the reasons they give for supporting her is the the strong believe that someone, somewhere is after Enugu international airport. If anyone has a link or article that shows opposition parties, New PDP and other Nigerian ethnicities opposing the upgrade of Enugu airport, please share it with us.

I've not read any report quoting people like Lai Muhammed, or any other government official that is not in the current ruling cabal's political circle, oppose the upgrade of Enugu airport.

Enugu airport is a relieve for international travellers resident in eastern Nigeria or Nigerians that prefer to exit and enter the country via Enugu. If its commercially viable, airlines will obviously beg to operate there. So, this fear that someone is after the Enugu airport is strange and i hope Nigerians share with us, who has threatened to downgrade the airport if power change hands or if the minister is replaced.
Only ethnic jingoists and truly evil people try to use the Enugu airport as a divisive method to protect the devilish manipulation of public funds by Stella Oduah for her personal use.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
South east deserves an airport and thank God they've been given but that this thieving minister should not go to jail?! MBA

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2013

You are not Edo, ur previous posts betray you severally! YOU R IGBO! Maybe, raised around the Edos, but it's clear that ure 100% igbo. What kind of Edo are u that all of a sudden there's a SS/SE coalition in your head? How many Edos you met that want to have a nation with people from Rivers or Bayelsa to talk less of one with the Igbos? The kind of bile you spit is only heard from one section of the country, guess which one? *hint--- it's not the Edos. Only people from one section of the country are known to try to mitigate current crimes based on past occurrences: "At least she didn't steal as much as so and so...". Keep deceiving urself and assuming nobody can see beyond your intended folly. Edo indeed. Edo Ko, edomization ni.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2013

What you're basically saying is that the supposed Enugu airport hate is a figment of your imagination.

You have compared the pension fund scandal to that of Stella Oduah. Didn't Maina and his cohorts lose their job? Didn't he flee or try to flee the country? Wasn't everyone involved taken to court until the judge involved basically freed them and the judge lost his job for the outrageous judgement. So, why will Nigerians scream blue murder when corrupt public officials are charged to court.

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable, have a little bit dignity and self respect. We all read and heard about fashola's bullet proof car, Amaechi's jet but we did not see invoice like we are seeing in Oduah's case, where up to five contradicting official statements, denial and confirmation were released out of confusion in 72 hours.

You and others like you ought to condemn evil when you see one. have a quiet time and have a sober reflection. its a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by scribble: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: There is no Yoruba man or woman holding the top positions in this country. Here is the top 10 in case u don't know:
President
VP
Senate President
Speaker
Chief Justice
Deputy Senate President
Deputy Speaker
Secretary to the government of the federation
Coordinating minister of the economy
Attorney-General

are they putting food on your table? are they not instead robbing nigeria blind? it should be a thing of pride that the Yorubas are no longer contributing to this crude GRAFT but are instead blazing other trails.

u think we're proud of dimeji bank-ole?

u guys pls think deep. life is deeper than tribe. Tribes were created out of FEAR. Go back to Babel...

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: The Yorubas are Igbo-haters and it's no longer a secret. Everybody knows that, but we'll always be head and shoulder above u guys.
They hate you so much that every other place on earth is unsafe for u, save their region. Everywhere else the Igbos go they're hated, killed, harrased, asked to leave....you name it, Kano, Zamfara, Adamawa, the whole of Northern Nigeria, Banjul, Nairobi, Durban, Bangkok,Johannesburgh, Capetown, Kuala Lumpur, New Delhi etc I do not see any Yoruba states on there, but it's a known fact that Igbos are not harrased by them yet they despise them even though they're allowed to live and raise families in that region, peacefully. I think the hate some have been fed from birth has made them looney. Either that or they were just born with evil in their soul from jump.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by IleIfe2(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: You are not Edo, ur previous posts betray you severally! YOU R IGBO! Maybe, raised around the Edos, but it's clear that ure 100% igbo. What kind of Edo are u that all of a sudden there's a SS/SE coalition in your head? How many Edos you met that want to have a nation with people from Rivers or Bayelsa to talk less of one with the Igbos? The kind of bile you spit is only heard from one section of the country, guess which one? *hint--- it's not the Edos. Only people from one section of the country are known to try to mitigate current crimes based on past occurrences: "At least she didn't steal as much as so and so...". Keep deceiving urself and assuming nobody can see beyond your intended folly. Edo indeed. Edo Ko, edomization ni.

My thief is better than your thief mentality. its really depressing. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

Why don't you ask Obama's govt to try such which u r espousing, or aren't you still hiding in ur Idaho basement apartment?
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by JMOI: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: They hate you so much that every other place on earth is unsafe for u, save their region. Everywhere else the Igbos go they're hated, killed, harrased, asked to leave....you name it, Kano, Zamfara, Adamawa, the whole of Northern Nigeria, Banjul, Nairobi, Durban, Bangkok,Johannesburgh, Capetown, Kuala Lumpur, New Delhi etc I do not see any Yoruba states on there, but it's a known fact that Igbos are not harrased by them yet they despise them even though they're allowed to live and raise families in that region, peacefully. I think the hate some have been fed from birth has made them looney. Either that or they were just born with evil in their soul from jump.
We, the Igbos, have dwelled harmoniously with our hosts wherever we go all over the world. That's why we are found everywhere and that's why they are always willing to throw their gates open for us to enter. We bring with us our God-given prosperity and wisdom everywhere we go.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by JMOI: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
But the best you could do was to decapitate an innocent soldier in broad daylight on the streets of Woolwich.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By 12 Midnight Today! / . / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari On Sick Bed In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.