Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest - Nairaland Ads (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest (177593 Views)

First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats to the winners
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
sad why are there so many grammatical errors on nairaland today
Just when I thought my pretty eyes were playing tricks on me,I decided to wear my reading glasses, alas,it remained the same.

I typed "hardworking" on a thread yesterday but I only saw "hard".

Is there a probleme?
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats to all the winners and participants

We should not relent on our quest for self improvement.

We should not allow others to believe in us, but rather we should believe in ourselves.

Thank you Seun for this opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Abu Mikey:
How on earth is Yusufu's work better than Egift's undecided

Seun,answer pls sad
The most unfortunate flaw with Egift's submission is the compression. When he was told that his initial submissions were too heavy, he carelessly compressed them down to about 10kb (vs 30kb). This introduced unnecessary compression artefacts that ruined the smooth gradients in all his designs. Anyone designing banner ads for the web should master the art of image compression.

The second flaw is in the area of consistency. His Wizkid Wedding ad is fantastic (well, before compression). His Fashola 2015 ad is quite unique and inspired (though also marred by the compression). But his Covenant University ad is subpar in my opinion. The name of the university he wants us to apply for is too tiny to read. Even the action button which says "Apply Now" is quite tiny. His BBM on Android Ad is also subpar because his phone images are not aesthetically arranged to me. It's as if someone threw a bunch of phones on the floor and took a picture. The lettering for "TECNO mobile" is also fuzzy, and the phrase "think globally, act locally" has no relevance as far as I can tell.

Those are the reasons why he was number 5 and not number 1. The ideal number one is someone that, if you asked him to design 10 ads, you would be sure that at least 9 of them would be fantastic with no serious flaws and the last one would be above average.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by ifyalways(f): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
iamswizz: You call these designs?? Seriously..

Smh.
clear comot for road. Your type are called "Oji onu" (all mouth/fart, no action) why didn't u participate if u had anything better?

2 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by otumfour(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats guys.......

1 thing I noticed tho'....Wizkid has bn bleaching
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by AbuMikey(m): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Seun: The main flaw with Egift's submission is the compression. When he was told that his initial submissions were too heavy, he carelessly compressed them down to about 10kb. This introduced unnecessary compression artefacts that ruined the smooth gradients in all his designs. Anyone designing banner ads for the web should master the art of image compression.

The second flaw is in the area of consistency. His Wizkid Wedding ad is fantastic (well, before compression). His Fashola 2015 ad is quite unique and inspired (though also marred by the compression). But his Covenant University ad is subpar. The name of the university he wants us to apply for is too tiny to read. Even the action button which says "Apply Now" is quite tiny. His BBM on Android Ad is also subpar because his phone images are not aesthetically arranged. It's as if someone threw a bunch of phones on the floor and took a picture. The lettering for "TECNO mobile" is also fuzzy, and the phrase "think globally, act locally" has no relevance as far as I can tell. That's why he's number 5 and not number 1.

The ideal number one is someone that, if you ask him to design 10 ads, you will be sure that at least 9 of them would be fantastic.

I just clicked the "unfollow" button when I saw your post.

Now back to your response smiley

1) His flaw based on compression,all I can say is,that shouldn't have been a major panacea for analyzing his work.
But since you take it as a major flaw,then so be it!!
You've taken a decision already.

2) I agree with your second spotted flaw grin
I didn't know you would notice how two of his works were sup Par, the third sub par and the fourth sub par. grin

Bottomline is »»» I quite agree with your result after the explanation you gave.

Job Well done Seun

2 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
nice 1
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by MEILYN(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
@oga seun, a job weldone, i really envy the judges. As if i knew Yusufu16 would win this again. The guy is one of the best designers on Nairaland, and he submitted his designs without errors, u didnt have to correct him the way you corrected others. The result is 100% fantastic. No partiality. @Yusufu16 keep wining jare, i dey your back.

1 Like

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by SalC: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
They did well. Congrats!
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by ludot(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
If I am to go for a designer, I will choose Lightheart that came 2nd. His 'call to action' is consistent.

No matter how beautiful your advert is, if it does not ask the viewer to do something, it is a waste of space.

Well done to all the designers.

@Seun you may want to let NairaLanders vote for the best adverts in subsequent competitions.

1 Like

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Acidosis(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nice one contestants...

smiley
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by iamswizz(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
ifyalways: clear comot for road. Your type are called "Oji onu" (all mouth/fart, no action) why didn't u participate if u had anything better?

oh! Its a woman.. No need to engage her on issues related to graphics..

She prolly doesnt know what a keyboard is.. undecided
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Zillight: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2013

Smh.
Do your own and lets see.... bad belle, i doubt if u can use the base of a bottle to write zero sef.... smh4u2
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by MEILYN(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
ludot: If I am to go for a designer, I will choose the guy that came 2nd. His 'call to action' is consistent.

No matter how beautiful your advert is, if it does not ask the viewer to do something, it is a waste of space.
lipsrsealed bro i respect your opinion but clients go for beautiful designs, if your designs aint beautiful then yous write up will be useless. The client tells you what to write on his/her designs, so that doesnt matter..... Yusufu16 made a design for Samsung and Nairabet, so he sure knows what his client want..... He is the winner anytime anyday.
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by tundebj(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nice, realy nice and i like the idea. Its good and encouraging
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by chivision: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have been monitoring this contest with keen interest. And I must commend seun and the participants.
Congratulations to you all.
Though I wouldn't want to doubt the impeccability of the judge in selecting the winners, the process of judgement is very unclear to me; and as such, I am highly compelled to highlight few of my reservations.

Yusuf's and lightheart's designs are questionable to me for some reasons:

1. Yusuf design was creative, but we are talking about 318x106 banner ad here, with a very limited space. As such his design would have made more impact as brochure or an offline handbill instead of 318x106 banner ad. His space management was completely subpar.

2. Looking closely at yusuf's Wizkid entry, you would have noticed the poor quality of the Wizkid pix, which is very unbecoming of a graphics champion.

3. A good graphics design must pay close attention to details and requirements. The requirement of Fashola's ad clearly stated "on the platform of ACN." So, how then should the 2nd position be the one without Fashiola's political affiliation, ACN? No name, no logo?

4. One of the criteria for disqualifying egift's entry as you rightly stated was that "the name of the university he wants us to apply for is too tiny to read." So, how then was this same rule was not extended to yusuf's and lightheart's when it's clear that they both omitted the name of the university they supposed to be advertising?

5. If granted, the only entry that should have been less questionable to be at the top was that of Me-n-you and Archmage, but I doubt if both are good politicians lipsrsealed Simple and clear communication is the key to ad best practice, and moreso when the net, where every second count, is involved.

In summary, I believe the judge considered the faceless praise of some of the entries, which is unbecoming.
@Seun: I appreciate your resolution to bring on another contest, but remember, whatsoever is what doing is what doing well. A little compromise, a little waiver, and the purpose is destroyed.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by chuqudy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
is wizkid getting married? I see different dates and venues.
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Infoay: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
These are good works. A big congratulation to you all.
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Dannylux: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
personally, I think the 5th person deserved the first prize undecided
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by MeAndYou(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congratulations to the winners. Looking forward to d next contest.
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by egift(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
1. I will like to use this opportunity to thank Seun, Nairaland, my fellow contestants and over 36 members who liked my entry.

2. I am also glad that my entry was the first submitted (even before many people articulate what the ad will look like). My entry also became the most liked submission.

3. While am the least on selection, all I want to say is thank you to everyone - It has been a very interesting competition.

4. Finally, I look forward to future events and expect those who did not make it to also do better.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1389102_thanks_jpgc3bcc5bed39c0bd95f9edabfc43c8c60

8 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Slyder(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Oga seun, please when is the next competition coming up? Any competition, not just ad design.
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by redcliff: 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Abu Mikey:

How on earth is Yusufu's work better than Egift's undecided

Seun,answer pls sad

Oga getout abeg. Ur egift's entry should have been in notable entries sef. Nonsense. Yusufus own isnt the best but its a million times btter than ur egift. I wonder why archimage did not make top 3 angry

1 Like

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by egift(m): 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
Dedicated to everyone that participated.

4 Likes

Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by redcliff: 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
yusufu16: Congrats to all the winners and participants

We should not relent on our quest for self improvement.

We should not allow others to believe in us, but rather we should believe in ourselves.

Thank you Seun for this opportunity.

As much as i wasnt expecting you to win this second contest too, i am glad you took it because it clearly shows the others arent up to par. Congrats...
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by tellwisdom: 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
30 thousand naira or dollars?? sad
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bukkyade: 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
@seun, why the Fashola AD? Am beginning to reason a lot of things oh, can anyone understand what I mean? Hmmm
Re: Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2013

Smh.
I personally do not like works with gradient but can you please show us the better job you can do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.