Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. (1243 Views)

10 Reasons Why Long Courtship Should Be Avoided By Ladies. / Why Long Distance Relationships Fail... (must Read!!!) / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by waleadex(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
As we all know,long distance relationships are getting more common around the world. One of the reasons for this is because there are numerous ways for people to communicate with each other through social networking online. Two of my favorites are Twitter, and Facebook. Twitter and Facebook both allow messaging and private messaging to any one of their friends easily and quickly. Also, there are other more obvious ways that people communicate like cell phones, and e-mailing. Couples are away from each other for weeks, and months at a time yet they are still able to keep up on everything that is going on in the other persons life. Long distance relationships are basically dependent on these communication devices.

Although a couple is separated on the globe, the fact that they love each other, and they have a will to do anything for each other is enough reason to stay in the relationship. When the love is strong there is no end to what any one partner would do for the other. Although these relationships seem perfect and wonderful because of the love, physically staying away from your partner will take the passion away from the love in most cases.

Here are some reasons why long distance relationships usually do not work:

1. No kissing, no cuddling, no holding hands, and of course no sex.

Sure there are other reasons behind being in a relationship other than intimate ones but if someone is away from their partner for months at a time it is human nature to be looking at other people. But,few exceptions are the very religious lovers/couples.

2. One of you will meet someone else.

I know that you are thinking that would never happen to you and your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife but it is only natural for people to try to fill their needs.

3. No true trust.

Yeah,there may be trust but is it true trust?Even if both try so much to keep the trust,societal influence such as friends and families may play fast one on either of them as to affect the trust they share.Sure you know what I mean.

4. It is expensive to keep flying or driving to see someone in a long distance relationship.

Even though it is called a long distance relationship people in them still see each other. Just no where near as frequent as a couple who lives within a short driving distance because the price of gas to drive is a lot, and the cost of airplane tickets is usually even more.

5. Soon there is nothing more to talk about anymore in phone conversations other than saying I miss you to each other.

Sad but true. After a few months of being away from your partner in a long distance relationship there stops being new and exciting things to talk about. The things you used to talk about were previous experiences and feelings that you had for one another back months ago. Not seeing someone consistently in a relationship is going to put a damper on new memories to share.

Well,those reasons mentioned are based on what I see,hear and witness regularly. Is your love strong enough to be away from your lover for months or years without seeing each other? Hopefully you will never need to find out because if you are like me, when you say "I love you" to someone that means "I'll do anything for you and I'll do whatever it takes..."

3 Likes

Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by japhmanuel: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
1st to comment..
This is some cool shit....
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by waleadex(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
japhmanuel: 1st to comment..
This is some cool shit....
Thanks brother!
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by DeHero1: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
I now see why she left me... God dey!
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by sylvar02(m): 6:33am On Oct 28, 2013
Lemme book here until after breakfast
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by djeezy(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2013
Nice piece.
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by iamteaser: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
I've never been banned before and I really wanna know how it feels like. Any mod out there can you pls ban me for a couple of days. Thank you.
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
Not true
Re: 5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. by sakaguchi(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
So true, especially the banging, kissing and seeing someone else part.

(1) (Reply)

A Candid Advice For The Ladies / Am I Gay? seriuosly worried. Is This A Problem? / Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.