Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation (20876 Views)

Bouncer Shot Dead At Orange Room Nite Club In Owerri (Graphic Photo) / Two UNILAG Students Wanted For Molestation / Husband Guilty Of Molestation For Not ''Pulling-Out'' At Wife's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
A nightclub bouncer who was twice spared from being deported from Britain back to Nigeria has been jailed for raping a woman in her own home - months after judges allowed him to stay in the country.
Idreez Popoola, 34, should have been deported in 2006 after his temporary UK visa expired but he was allowed to continue living and working in Britain.
In December 2011 he was arrested and was told he would have to return to his native Nigeria but he successfully appealed the ruling.
Judges granted the nightclub bouncer temporary leave to stay in January 2012 because he had a wife and child.
Then, 11 months later on December 29 last year, he attacked and raped a woman in her own home.
He was jailed for seven years at Northampton Crown Court on October 18 after he was found guilty of rape following a four day trial last month.
Sentencing Popoola, Judge Lynn Tayton told him: 'It was a serious aggravating factor that the rape took place in the victim’s own home as this was an abuse of the trust placed in you by the victim and has undermined her feelings of safety in her own space.'
He was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.
Judge Tayton also told him he would be automatically deported back to Nigeria on his release from prison.
The court heard Popoola met his victim while working as an agency-employed bouncer outside Bar So in Northampton town centre.
Gordon Aspden, prosecuting, said: 'Mr Popoola met his victim at a McDonald’s restaurant in Northampton before taking her to a pub.
'He then persuaded the woman to take him back to her home, she said she was reassured by the fact he was a bouncer and thought he would have been subject to background security checks.'
The court heard that almost as soon as he was inside the woman’s house in Northampton, Popoola made strong sexual advances towards her before raping her.
A victim impact statement revealed the woman had suffered depression since the attack and had also been forced to move address as she felt her home had been ‘violated’ by Popoola.
Rapist Idreez Popoola sold mobile phone top-up cards in Nigeria before coming to Britain on a 12-month visa in 2005.
He moved to Croydon, south London, where he trained to be bouncer and gained work with an agency which supplied a nightclub in Northampton.
He was arrested in 2011 on suspicion of providing officers with a false name but no charges were brought.
The court heard Popoola raped the woman before forcing her to drive him to a train station.
Judge Lynn Tayton told him: 'In order to get you away from home she drove you where you wanted to go.
'The victim was very distressed and made contact with Rape Crisis and Samaritans.
'She returned to work in January but was very distressed and, after a meeting with her boss, was persuaded to report the matter to the police.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478297/Nigerian-nightclub-bouncer-twice-dodged-deportation-jailed-raping-woman-home.html
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
he needs his dingaling chopped off and fed to my dogs
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
Someone may ask: What happened to him? London did. These are the people bringing shame to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by texanomaly(f): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
This guy is a scumbag for sure...

I feel more needs to be said here though. Girls, don't invite some guy you don't really know back to your home. Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say it is her fault. This man's actions were reprehensible.

Be smart ladies. Don't become a victim ladies.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
He should b sent back to Nigeria to serve his jail term. He doesn't deserve d "good life" of UK's prison

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
texanomaly: This guy is a scumbag for sure...

I feel more needs to be said here though. Girls, don't invite some guy you don't really know back to your home. Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say it is her fault. This man's actions were reprehensible.

Be smart ladies. Don't become a victim.

So true. Some people need to be more careful.

Britain need to deport this guy back to Nigeria so that he can serve his stint in prison well. Prisons in Britain are way too comfortable.

Also, why was he allowed to train and get work by an agency when he had no right to be here and work here ??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
Adaobi....follow me back undecided angry

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Joshthefirst(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
speedyboi: Adaobi....follow me back undecided angry
grin
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 29, 2013
and when he is deported,he will mole.st to his heart's desire undetected
I feel sorry for any females in his family and neighborhood
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by redsun(m): 12:59am On Oct 29, 2013
She could have drunkenly consented and later changed her mind when she sobered.Rape in oyinbo land is highly complex and complicated.Sometimes wayward guys that fancies anything in skirts like most nigerians are at the mercy of women they toy with.Guys that thinks they must fvck every woman that sound nice to them or that seem lonely.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 29, 2013
redsun: She could have drunkenly consented and later changed her mind when she sobered.Rape in oyinbo land is highly complex and complicated.Sometimes wayward guys that fancies anything in skirts like most nigerians are at the mercy of women they toy with.Guys that thinks they must fvck every woman that sound nice to them or that seem lonely.

this is the third time so the odds were not in his favor even if it happened that way
let him serve his time and return to his village
beats me how a wife will stay with a twice convicted rap'ist

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by redsun(m): 1:41am On Oct 29, 2013
babyosisi:

this is the third time so the odds were not in his favor even if it happened that way
let him serve his time and return to his village
beats me how a wife will stay with a twice convicted rap'ist

He was not arrested for rape on previous ocaasions,but for immigration charges and false identity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
come back home and restart ur life....
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Lilimax(f): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
***Watching this thread carefully***
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by israel007: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Brb
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by 9jahubcom(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
odun4love: come back home and restart ur life....
nor be small
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by wellmax(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Since December last year.... why is it News now?
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by bebe2(f): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
make nobody dare curse uk for this thread o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by iamdsam: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Justice should be served. That's all I can say. Many cases like this in Nigeria never come to the limelight.
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
See his oval-like head. Ashewo!!!
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by ajanaku2(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
Broda Idrisu d'obo d'aran!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by fruityjojo(f): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
See his big igboloko head! Empty calabash! Odoyo. angry! I hope he drops d soap in prison!grin
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by sagytariusTM1: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lilimax: ***Watching this thread carefully***
lipsrsealed
Tribal tinz grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by iamdsam: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
adaobi123:

So true. Some people need to be more careful.

Britain need to deport this guy back to Nigeria so that he can serve his stint in prison well. Prisons in Britain are way too comfortable.

Also, why was he allowed to train and get work by an agency when he had no right to be here and work here ??

How did you know that their prisons are comfortable Have you ever been a prisoner in Britain before They might be fed well but being in the prison is very different from normal life. This is regardless of any prison in the world. The prison isn't a comfort zone. Try to stay in your room for a week if you have any and know the kind of mental effects it would have on you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Swiftlee(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
speedyboi: Adaobi....follow me back undecided angry
Where una dey go?? Shebi you don read this tori finish?..shebi you see wetin happen inside..na still follow me dey guy talk for inside o..tor..me na just see i see i talk am..i no fear..make me for no see another tori like this next week..gracias obrigaado

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
Bia dis man, as u be bouncer so, u com forget say na for club...y bouncing on a woman in her house... mteeeeeew?!
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Gwekzy: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Maybe he tot dey were shooting a movie
Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
iamdsam: How did you know that their prisons are comfortable Have you ever been a prisoner in Britain before They might be fed well but being in the prison is very different from normal life. This is regardless of any prison in the world. The prison isn't a comfort zone. Try to stay in your room for a week if you have any and know the kind of mental effects it would have on you.

Its called reading and watching documentaries.

Prisons in the UK are comfortable. Inmates get to play playstation and even earn some decent qualifications too. Life in prison in the UK isn't as bad as the ones in North and South America.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
texanomaly: This guy is a scumbag for sure...

Be smart ladies. Don't become a victim.

Excuse my ignorance but did the woman invite home so that they could study applied sciences? I don't know this guy but we cannot rule out malice on the side of the woman as well

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by dasparrow: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
@Post

Nigerian perverts think the UK is Nigeria where they get away with gang r8pe, child sex.ual molestation and much worse. Here in Nigeria, no week goes by that we don't read of yet another Nigerian-bred male who is either sex.ually molesting a female child or r8ping a female teenager or a female university student. Many Nigerian women and men have failed to teach their sons how to keep their sex.ual urge in check. This is the genesis of this problem.

The UK should deport this Idreez papoola pervert back to Nigeria and he should not be allowed to get a visa to any country again. Nigerian parents, stop raising sons that tomorrow grow up to become perverts, paedophiles, and r8pists. This is becoming a worrisome trend especially within Nigeria thereby making Nigeria a scary place to raise female children.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Visiting or taking a woman to her house doesn't imply she wants sex. A woman coming to visit a man either doesn't imply that she is coming for sex.

Most men foolishly assume that if they go to a girl's house or she comes to visit them, then it means she definitely wants sex, hence why they force it...

Whether these men are immature, have poor social skills or are bad at reading the body language, I don't know. If she says no, take it as maybe next time or never. A woman saying NO should never make a man feel foolish.

I do understand his mindset that he took her to the pub and bought MacDonalds for her, so he is entitled to it... Foolish man indeed; taking actions without thinking of the consequences.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10-year-old Girl Brutally Beaten By Her Father Battles To Regain Her Sight-video / IRT Operative Killed By Kidnappers While Rescuing British Hostages In Delta. PIC / 14-Year-Old Girl Arrested For The Murder Of 71-Year-Old Woman In Edo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.