Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,457 members, 7,801,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign (32383 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / ACN Leader Pelted With Pure-Water Sachets In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Unblockable: 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
Traders in Onitsha Main Market today resisted the order by the state government to close the markets in order to welcome Mr. Willie Obiano, the embattled candidate of APGA now facing two court cases for double registration.

The confusion which followed the event marred the proposed visit at 9am today of the APGA candidate in company Chief Martins Joe-Martins Uzodike, his Campaign Manager who also doubles as the State Commissioner for Information, Tourism & Culture.

The traders showed visible anger as they marched through the environment carrying placards.

They were soon joined buy another contingent marching from Ose Okwodu with brooms and in no time bystanders a, youngsters and Okada riders joined them chanting songs in favor of the APC candidate in the election, Senator Chris Ngige.

The arrival of the Governor Obi and Obiano did not deter the protesting traders. Rather the governor’s entourage was pelted with sachet water bags, prompting a quick retreat to Whitehouse office of the Onitsha Amalgamated Traders Association (OMATA), where the donation of N1m announced by the governor was shouted down with many booing his entourage.

As at the time of filing this report, agents of the Governor Obi are wooing the traders individually through their leaders to come to Onitsha North stadium to be addressed, but the resistance appear.

One of the traders explained: ‘ We received an order by the government saying that we should not do business today, of which (sic) we feel that it is not okay’ Mr. Andrew Agbapu, Fancy Line said ‘ Every time they will close our business without considering our gain’.

Another trader in home appliance line, Mr. Fred Nebedum said;’ It is not by force to support a candidate. The worst is that he should come and say what he wants to do and other will also come. But it does not mean we will not do business for that?‘

Mr. Phil Onyia, of Abada line, Williams Street was blunter ‘The truth is that the government is forcing an unpopular candidate; someone we do not want to spoil our business and what is why we have this problem. We want Ngige, although we do not say anybody else should not campaign, but they should stop playing with our stomach for politics.’ Onyian fumed.

Governor Peter Obi was reported as saying that political parties will not be allowed to campaign in the markets, a policy sharply criticized by opposing political parties as unlawful.

The latest development has therefore caught the other political parties by surprise.

Luke Udeh, a chieftain of Labor party in Onitsha said ‘Obi can never excel on the path of keeping to his own rules. He is a bully‘.

Chief Amaechi Obidike, of APC did not pick his calls. But Jude Nkputa of PDP said, since Gov obi has decided to campaign in the market everyone will now do so.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by NwaTeacher1: 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
I know the source must be Osundefender.com

7 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nwa Teacher: I know the source must be Osundefender.com
is it a lie, whether the source is from hell fire atleast there is a pic.

8 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
hehehehehehehe, e don set. The chicken (pun intended) has come home to roost. grin grin grin FP!!

1 Like

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by NwaTeacher1: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
FreeGlobe: hehehehehehehe, e don set. The chicken (pun intended) has come home to roost. grin grin grin FP!!
who who chase the small chicken has the fall and the small chicken has the run. Wheda u like it or not Obiano is already the governor of Anambra come Nov 16

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by omiobo: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
is it a lie, whether the source is from hell fire atleast there is a pic.
Madam oliver twist,where u stand self?
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mankevo(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
^^^
Is Osundefender not registered for media purposes?
Well, I know this will be a shocker for those that have signed (on NL) Ngige's Political Obituary and Composed an epitaph for his Graveyard.
http://247ureports.com/traders-foil-obi-obianos-market-campaign-visit-pelted-with-sachet-water-bags/

With the Uba, Ukachukwu &Nwoye's PDP in ruins; APGA candidate's registration nemesis; etc I can see Labour Party and APC heading for the final contest.
I advise people with fragile heart to keep away from reading Ngige's increasing popularity, because despite the fact that there's no Light in Transformers for them to hug, there's still Burning Bush somewhere where they may like to do the needful.
##TEAM##BESTTHING##4ANAMBRAANYDAY##

8 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nwa Teacher: who who chase the small chicken has the fall and the small chicken has the run. Wheda u like it or not Obiano is already the governor of Anambra come Nov 16
ok, we dey watch
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
omiobo:
I stand with Ngige

9 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mankevo(m): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Unblockable: The traders showed visible anger as they marched through the environment carrying placards.

They were soon joined by another contingent marching from Ose Okwodu with brooms and in no time bystanders, youngsters and Okada riders joined them chanting songs in favor of the APC candidate in the election, Senator Chris Ngige.

Onwaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! These are the electorates not the Nairaland free MB wizards. hehehhe....yeye dey smell

8 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by donphilopus: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I stand with Ngige
Hope you know say we know dey fan corruption??

Why were you supporting Oduah??

APC is the right way, stop being an aficionado of Oduah..

Hope you will still support us (APC) for the presidency come 2015??

6 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Yeske2(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
Just sachets of pure water? F..k up. Where's that Chino to defend this? Vote Ngige November 16.

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
donphilopus: Hope you know say we know dey fan corruption??

Why were you supporting Oduah??

APC is the right way, stop being an aficionado of Oduah..

Hope you will still support us (APC) for the presidency come 2015??
I'm not supporting APC, I support Ngige. is APC not corrupt, please don't derail this thread

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
End Time Politics
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
mankevo: ^^^
Is Osundefender not registered for media purposes?
Well, I know this will be a shocker for those that have signed (on NL) Ngige's Political Obituary and Composed an epitaph for his Graveyard.
http://247ureports.com/traders-foil-obi-obianos-market-campaign-visit-pelted-with-sachet-water-bags/

With the Uba, Ukachukwu &Nwoye's PDP in ruins; APGA candidate's registration nemesis; etc I can see Labour Party and APC heading for the final contest.
I advise people with fragile heart to keep away from reading Ngige's increasing popularity, because despite the fact that there's no Light in Transformers for them to hug, there's still Burning Bush somewhere where they may like to do the needful.
##TEAM##BESTTHING##4ANAMBRAANYDAY##

Brother,it shall be well with you!

That was the way they lied and painted a larger than life image of Obiano when he was still in hiding( b4 the rains of debates started falling) not until we heard him speak and hence discovered that he is nothing but an averager

4 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mike404(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
omiobo:
GOD BLESS YOU OMIOBOgrin HELP ME ASK AM
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mike404(m): 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I'm not supporting APC, I support Ngige. is APC not corrupt, please don't derail this thread
YOU ARE JUST A CONFUSED UTU
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by sylve11: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
lol @ some comments grin cool
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by dridowu: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ds is jungle don mature
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by omiobo: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
mike404: GOD BLESS YOU OMIOBOgrin HELP ME ASK AM
I no just understand that madam o!
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by snika: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
Controversy: LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL
Just confirm from my bros in main market he says its a demonic lie
SMH to APC propaganda
This Osun Defender should never be taken serious.
The background of the picture looks like one ACN rally in one Ekiti village, we need to see where Peter Obi was pelted with water/stone/trees/dragons/cars in Main Market Onitsha, the largest market in Africa.

I am currently in Anambra State and I can verify from those present at the rally, everything was peaceful and just like every other APGA rally, people came out en-masse to support Willie Obiano in Ose Market today.

Please Nairalanders, does this picture look like where some mad people are supposedly throwing pure water bikonu??angry

6 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mike404(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
dridowu: Ds is jungle don mature
HOPE YA NOT GONNA CAST YOUR VOTE FROM LAGOS
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by alaoeri: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Adaobi was disgrace grin sai Ngige.
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by emmanuel4fire: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
I don't understand my people ( the Igbos) anymore.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
mike404: YOU ARE JUST A CONFUSED UTU
hahaha, why not leave me and address the topic or did they stone you the satchet water too? I know chino must be somewhere right now trying to dry his clothes grin grin grin cold world

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by mike404(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
omiobo:
I no just understand that madam o!
NO MIND THE SHEEEDIOT WEY DEY ALWAYS INSULT TINUBU COME DEY SUPPORT NGIGE

1 Like

Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by skyscraperTM(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Chai, dem no do well walahi. Shey nobody get gun among them.
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by donphilopus: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
ok i won't derail..
Do we have saints in Nigeria??
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by kennyonthrone(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dis news kum d do me lyk say na lie.....dia is sumtin fishy abt dis newz bt jst can't lay ma handz on it yet
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Proydata: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ok
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by CharliParker: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
NGIGE WE KNOW.APC Good people Best Govnors
Re: Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign by Nonybb: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Willie Obiano is a Product of Peter Obi's religious bigotry. We will resist those monsters. Ngige all the way

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot And Femi Gbajabiamila Visit Ben Onwuegbuzi (Photos) / Osita Chidoka Controlling Traffic On Obosi Road / INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.