Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival (39291 Views)

Nairalander Wedding In Zimbabwe (photo). / Oktoberfest, German Beer Festival / Bebe Concepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 1:34am On Oct 29, 2013
NIGERIAN musician D’Banj born, Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo, proved more of a studio than stage musician as he failed to perform to expectations for hundreds of Zimbabweans who thronged the Glamis Arena for the Lion Lager Summer Beer Festival on Saturday night.

The Fall in Love hitmaker’s performance approximated local dancer Beverly Sibanda’s style as he spent much of his time speaking about how Zimbabwean ladies were good at waist-twisting. D’Banj went on to invite 10 ladies, one at a time, including Amara Brown to join him on stage. [size=16pt]Regardless of some of his tracks such as Fall in love, Pop Something, Why Me, Mr Endowed, and Oliver Twist being popular in the country as they received massive airplay on local radio stations and rocked night clubs, the night belonged to his visiting counterpart, Ugandan ragga musician Bebe Cool, real name Moses Ssali[/size]. Bebe Cool put up a sterling performance that sent fans into frenzy matching local artistes who included King Shady, Guspy Warrior and Winky D, who also proved were serious contenders in the genre.

Dancehall star King Shaddy put up a scintillating performance as an opening act, showing energy as he belted some of his hits. With the top-notch opening performance by King Shaddy, man-of- the-moment Guspy Warrior was next to take to the stage. The Seunononga hit-maker did not disappoint as he belted out sing-along-hits like Seunononga, 31 October, among
others. After Guspy Warrior, it was Bebe Cool who took to the stage full of energy, he managed to keep the fans on their feet with
a top drawer performance. His well-choreographed act was well received by fans. He sang some of his songs that included Coccidiosis, Fitina and Mambo Mingi among others. Bebe Cool went on to salute Winky D, describing him as a talented dancehall chanter.
Winky D was next, determined to prove his credentials as the self-styled dancehall king.
As usual, the Mafirakureva hitmaker left fans begging for more. The atmosphere became even electric when Winky D introduced the popular Tendazvaitwa “Lipsy” Chitimbe on stage.

As a closing act, D’Banj found it difficult to match the previous performers who had set great standards. Popularly known as The Kokomaster, D’Banj failed to match what his countryman P Square, did last year at the same event.

http://xclusive.co.ug/bebe-cool-outstages-nigerias-dbanj-zimbabwe-music-battle/

5 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by hammedkola(m): 1:48am On Oct 29, 2013
And what's the noise and too-much formatting of text about?...Was he not paid for his performance?...Abeg park well and say something else, afterall you can't expect to win all the time

20 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 1:50am On Oct 29, 2013
The scales are starting to fall off the eyes of the other Africans as well, and D'Banj's musical vapidness is exposing him seriously.

This dude has proven he's completely powerless without Don Jazzy's beats, as even the songs he went to perform at that concert were all the ones he made when he was with Don Jazzy. What? No Oyato? No Bachelor? No Finally? Of course he realises those songs themselves are garbage no one would pay money to listen to, which is why he still goes back to his vomit from 2 years ago to dig up songs he made back then.

The truth now stares at everyone in the face that, without those beats, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, separates D'Banj from Vic O.

Your stage performance goes a long way in determining what kind of artiste you are; and when that day comes, no amount of fake, caked-up, phoned-in, paid reviews from New York Times will save you. No amount of Lagos hype (the same shhhitt that wants the world to believe clowns like Davido are talented) will save you from the inevitable shame.

And this is even the clown people were juxtaposing with P-Square.
P-Square sef, although they are lyrically vapid themselves, are super-talented stage performers. Filling out STADIA in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda etc. While this praying mantis dey here dey deceive himself grin

110 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 1:57am On Oct 29, 2013
hammedkola: And what's the noise and too-much formatting of text about?...Was he not paid for his performance?...Abeg park well and say something else, afterall you can't expect to win all the time

"Was he not paid for his performance?" Shows your embarrassingly shallow mentality.

Was 9ice also not paid for his performances even as his shows were flopping? And with each successive flop, were you not aware his appeal was falling as well?

After his last CD dive-bombed and left craters all over the place, do you still hear of 9ice?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Reincarnated(m): 2:05am On Oct 29, 2013
spade:
....The truth now stares at everyone in the face that, without those beats, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, separates D'Banj from Vic O.

LMFAOOOO @ the bolded. Damn. True story. That nigga is wack AF now, he needs Don Jazzy mehn.

17 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by hammedkola(m): 2:07am On Oct 29, 2013
spade:

"Was he not paid for his performance?" Shows your embarrassingly shallow mentality.

Was 9ice also not paid for his performances even as his shows were flopping? And with each successive flop, were you not aware his appeal was falling as well?

After his last CD dive-bombed and left craters all over the place, do you still hear of 9ice?

And who told you that is the end of his (9ice) career?....Even if they don't appreciate him (Dbanj) because of unexpected performance in Zimbabwe, will that be the end of his stage performance...This same Dbanj performed in front of the world in SA at the AFCON closing, so what's your own "claimed deep proud mentality" about?

12 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 2:08am On Oct 29, 2013
Reincarnated:

LMFAOOOO @ the bolded. Damn. True story. That nigga is wack AF now, he needs Don Jazzy mehn.

grin Even Don Jazzy needs him too as dat one don chillax for eternity.
Solar Cletus showed him up as well.

In short, those guys should just reunite already.

8 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Reincarnated(m): 2:16am On Oct 29, 2013
spade:

grin Even Don Jazzy needs him too as dat one don chillax for eternity.
Solar Cletus showed him up as well.

In short, those guys should just reunite already.

grin grin

I believe in no time, they will reunite again.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 2:24am On Oct 29, 2013
hammedkola:

And who told you that is the end of his (9ice) career?....Even if they don't appreciate him (Dbanj) because of unexpected performance in Zimbabwe, will that be the end of his stage performance...This same Dbanj performed in front of the world in SA at the AFCON closing, so what's your own "claimed deep proud mentality" about?

If you're talking about "Top of The World" here, that doesn't count, as D'Banj was merely contracted by the AFCON organizers to sing a song which he neither wrote, has rights to, nor can accept any awards under.

Also, need I inform you stage acts at events like AFCON, World Cup or Olympics are organized by the CREATIVE DIRECTORS themselves and not the artists?
Are you aware Stephen Spielberg was initially the Director of the Beijing Olympics before pulling out due to political reasons?
Are you aware Danny Boyle (director of Slumdog Millionaire) was the creative director for the London Olympics?

Artistes have no power over their stage acts at events like the aforementioned, as the entire thing is planned by the creative director! So, saying D'Banj performed what-what in South Africa is off the question cuz the act was simply staged by the creative director. And as I even remember, all D'Banj did there was sing while being carried around by a crowd.

Where artistes DO have power over, however, are their personal concerts, tours and random gigs like this one!

And please, take note, this isn't even the first time he's crashing and burning. His Koko Concert from Dec 2012 was also an epic failure, in addition to his Texas 'concert' as well.

Omo, the guy na bonzo abeg. Just tell yourself the truth grin

37 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 2:29am On Oct 29, 2013
By the way, HammedKola: I can't believe you just asked me about 9ice. Haven't you been following the news? Dude's music career is OVER. He went back to school after his last CD went nuclear!

Can't believe you even asked that.

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Okay, am I supposed to feel bad about it?

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by chinedumo(m): 6:05am On Oct 29, 2013
spade:

If you're talking about "Top of The World" here, that doesn't count, as D'Banj was merely contracted by the AFCON organizers to sing a song which he neither wrote, has rights to, nor can accept any awards under.

Also, need I inform you stage acts at events like AFCON, World Cup or Olympics are organized by the CREATIVE DIRECTORS themselves and not the artists?
Are you aware Stephen Spielberg was initially the Director of the Beijing Olympics before pulling out due to political reasons?
Are you aware Danny Boyle (director of Slumdog Millionaire) was the creative director for the London Olympics?

Artistes have no power over their stage acts at events like the aforementioned, as the entire thing is planned by the creative director! So, saying D'Banj performed what-what in South Africa is off the question cuz the act was simply staged by the creative director. And as I even remember, all D'Banj did there was sing while being carried around by a crowd.

Where artistes DO have power over, however, are their personal concerts, tours and random gigs like this one!

And please, take note, this isn't even the first time he's crashing and burning. His Koko Concert from Dec 2012 was also an epic failure, in addition to his Texas 'concert' as well.

Omo, the guy na bonzo abeg. Just tell yourself the truth grin

abeg who owns top of the world?
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by premlove(m): 6:40am On Oct 29, 2013
spade: The scales are starting to fall off from the eyes of the other Africans as well, and D'Banj's musical vapidness is exposing him seriously.

This dude has proven he's completely powerless without Don Jazzy's beats, as even the songs he went to perform at that concert were all the ones he made when he was with Don Jazzy. What? No Oyato? No Bachelor? No Finally? Of course he realises those songs themselves are garbage no one would pay money to listen to, which is why he still goes back to his vomit from 2 years ago to dig up songs he made back then.

The truth now stares at everyone in the face that, without those beats, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, separates D'Banj from Vic O.

Your stage performance goes a long way in determining what kind of artiste you are; and when that day comes, no amount of fake, caked-up, phoned-in, paid reviews from New York Times will save you. No amount of Lagos hype (the same shhhitt that wants the world to believe clowns like Davido are talented) will save you from the inevitable shame.

And this is even the clown people were juxtaposing with P-Square.
P-Square sef, although they are lyrically vapid themselves, are super-talented stage performers. Filling out STADIA in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda etc. While this praying mantis dey here dey deceive himself grin
if i were you i will go to the studio and produce my song and see how best i am than wake up at this time of the night to critise people hand work

13 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by waleadex(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2013
Regardless of the message you're trying to pass across,I sure know you intentionally want to start-up these Dbanj/Don Jazzy talks again. Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by TheCode(m): 7:04am On Oct 29, 2013
I dont even know what dbang was thinking when he decided to leave jazzy cos of kanye and his good music label. For a musician like dbang, jazzy is the salt, he (dbang) is the soup. kanye and his foreign teams are sugars. forget the temptation, sugar doesnt make soup sweet. jazzy dey feel am cos u cant lick salt alone. then dbang's music keeps sounding funny with these sugars cos they cant make his type of music sweet!! Even if dbang go feature Nas, Lil wayne, Andre 3000, Eminem, Jigga, Ross, etc., all in one track, he would still sound off! Jazzy is the producer that understands him and has been good at transforming his vapid lyrics and noisemaking into something in the semblance of enjoyable music. without them reuniting, jazzy may keep managing with wande while dbang keeps leaving craters all over the place with each successive crash that environmentalists would raise a red alert!! jazzy is his socket size and if they dont get back together he may keep having partial contact till he blows his fuse (and k-switch own too) :|

34 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by ebamma(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2013
You know what's funny op, d'banj got millions for singing all those wack songs there as u call it, but u Mr op bought an internet connection and posted this here for free

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Don't mind the jobless mofo! You just had to compare him wiv psquare wiv their tombo music. The kind of money dbanj has made, I doubt if u or ur family can make quarter!

5 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2013
This OP has a personal beef with Dbanj. How dare you compare Dbanj with VIc O, are you that senseless?

3 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2013
sandijey: Don't mind the jobless mofo! You just had to compare him wiv psquare wiv their tombo music. The kind of money dbanj has made, I doubt if u or ur family can make quarter!

GbaM!

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2013
chinedumo:

abeg who owns top of the world?

You dey mind the mumu?

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2013
I can't believe some people really believd d op's write up....tsk tsk.....

U people are slow
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by fr3do(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2013
This is one person's subjective view
Others might think he rocked

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by myola777(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2013
spade:

http://xclusive.co.ug/bebe-cool-outstages-nigerias-dbanj-zimbabwe-music-battle/
u are just looking for attention. thunder fire u there. ara la san pa e. enemy of progress[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by iamdsam: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2013
ebamma: You know what's funny op, d'banj got millions for singing all those wack songs there as u call it, but u Mr op bought an internet connection and posted this here for free
The guy fit die @op. I beg sorry for am small! Lwkmd!

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 8:43am On Oct 29, 2013
prem love: if i were you i will go to the studio and produce my song and see how best i am than wake up at this time of the night to critise people hand work

You most certainly have the brain of a child.

What's worth doing, is worth doing WELL.
I don't sing, so why the phuck would I want to torture the public with noise? Walahi, you dull no be small.
You believe anybody who critiques a bad song or bad stage performance plans to go into music?

I happen to be good at Math, Physics and Art, so for that reason, I WORK IN A FIELD I'M GOOD AT - Engineering!

D'Banj on the other hand, has no phucking musical talent, yet he continues to fool himself and his gullible followers, as well as torture the general public with his atrocious junk.

He should do humanity a favour and atleast focus on what he's good at. Whether na LASTMA agbero work or Molue driving, that's for him to say.

42 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2013
Now if it was someone successful that posted what the op said i will not be angry ,but the article coming from a chicken brain low life nigga that do not know how he will even eat today ,a nigga that is not able to feed himself not to now talk of his family,a nigga that even dbanj will feed all his family coming here to spit thrash about dbanj shows that not every humans on skin are truly humans,some are animals!!!!!!!ur mate dey make cash u dey for nairaland they create thread just to show ur hate,broke people always think they have an option!!!in yuzedo's'voice I GIVE UP.oga better go write to dbanj say u wan become him house-boy,u dey hear dey talk about don jazzy wey no know even say u exist,don jazzy self go dey look say who be this mumu wey wan dey defend me!!!rich men are fighting you this broke ass dey talk say u get opinion!if i hear.,u hating dbanj and trying to defend our own don baba sef na insult ooo,it makes it look like don jazzy moves with low life no future ambition set of people which is not so!!!spade abi wetin u call urself better go find work do and stop creating stupid thread with the free mb wey mtn give u!!oniranu.with rick ross voice"we talking money you talking nonsense".

5 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by spade: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Booty butt chic: I can't believe some people really believd d op's write up....tsk tsk.....

U people are slow

Dear, my story has a link which leads you to a website. And the story on the website was wired from a ZIMBABWEAN news source.

Would you like me to post the news directly from the Zimbabwean website where the people praised Bebe Cool and bashe D'Banj?
Note: They were all Zimbabweans for that matter.

You chaps need to learn there is a BIGGER world outside the phucking Lagos media hype.

D'Banj went to Zim; and obviously seeing he had no faith in the songs he made after his split with Don Jazzy, decided to play those old ones; and STILL disgraced himself grin

22 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by mj(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2013
Dbanj has always reiterated that he is not a musician but an Entertainer, live with it pls, they guy is making cool money and u are here complaining, smh.

5 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2013
mj: Dbanj has always reiterated that he is not a musician but an Entertainer.
gbam!!one of the songs in his first album he said it out loud and clear,he said "am an entertainer i entertain"so he has made it known right from start that he is not a talented musician but he is an entertainer and he is making his cash!!!for example look at lady gaga,she is not the best singer in america but because she is a good entertainer she makes so much money on tours that even some good american singers cannot make.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by larrysmith(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Op u hv problems, I swear, d guy u are talking dat outshine dbanj atalll, I no someone dat was at d venue n he was tellin wat was goin down live, d organiser shot demself at d foot, number 1 dey charge ppl 20dollars, a country dat dere poverty level is so high d show was dat was ment to b free to say thank you to dere fans n customer turn to b money makin event ppl at d venue are not more tha 5000 unlike last year wen psquare went, dey had alarger crowd nt bcus dey can jump bt d gate fee was so cheap dat even a begger can afford it so stop feedin ppl wit trash, dis dbanj u are talkin abt was voted for to come perform n dey are just used to wat dey no. If dbanj is dat bad y is he makin headline n having shows n I mean biggest show? Dnt forget he went wit live band n he was paid his full money, nau watch u will see ow many africa tour has open for him, me and u no ow dbanj entertained? D prob d ppl has was dat he took too much time to bring kokolet to d stage. I heard someone talkin abt donjazzy tell me wat has donjazzy himsef done since dbanj left him? Dbanj has songs dat has bn nominated n watch out for more, dontell me nonse, top of d world, finally, silver n gold n many odas. Pls allow d guy he has colllected his money, come n see wat e has for u come nov 1

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Couple Ride In A Horse Carriage. PICS / Julian Osula Celebrates His 50th Birthday With Ferrari Cake (Pictures) / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.