Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,796 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country (25080 Views)

Paying In And Withdraw Money In Foreign Country From Nigerian Bank Account? / Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? / Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by assetstrap(m): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
ritux: The public bus system in Edinburgh. The bus time tracker. I know exactly the time the bus will pass through the closest bus stop to my house. 99% accurate and effective.

Lothian Bus Company too much. I can't wait to get into a public position and do that in my Senatorial District.

No forget o smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by everyday: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
In the UK its their pie.Its so salty
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Beennkumar(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think I remember one. The poor state of the Lagos airport.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by overdrive(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
tj-dj:
when i saw 'star lager beer" being sold at Obalende suya spot in Uk ....i knelt and thanked God for bringing good tiding

So na beer carry u go uk? grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
The weather was a great shock. I mean it rains a lot in Seattle! Like a lot!!!
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by grandstar(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Beennkumar: My first visit to Nigeria was in 2009 and honestly I don't know what really shocked me. India's almost like Nigeria.
ARE YOU A PROGRAMMER? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by bebe2(f): 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
for me it was the exposed ladies,
i came in june, went passed a park and there were ladies wearing bikini tops and shorts sun bathing.

but i was freezing grin grin grin

now i need a fan to sleep in november. cheesy
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by babiebearie: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Doha is very beautiful wt absolutely free internet at d airport and vietnam(Hô chi minh) the okada there is sometin else and I'm sure d num of their okada is much more Dan their citizen.......i wish fasola can visit Hô chi minh....lol

3 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Beennkumar(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
grandstar: ARE YOU A PROGRAMMER? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
I'm not a programmer. I've got a Nigerian and an indian heritage.

3 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by mkoabiola: 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
D day I enterd cotonou ,I saw.....
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by redcliff: 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
jaw jaw: For me I was amazed by the how organized things are.
Everything to the tiniest detail is planned and executed.
For example, if there is a scheduled maintenance for the train system, the public is informed weeks before it happens.
On the day the maintenance starts buses are stationed to move people around the point where the work is being done. And it is done seamlessly.
Not even the harsh weather during winter (can get to about -45C) can stop the organized movement of people by car, bus or train across the city.
It is just amazing when you consider that I moved from a chaotic city like lagos (love the place though).

Bros. -45C? Haba. That one go quench hell fire 1ce! Fear God o.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by mesh33(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
I was lyk WOw! DAMN! O BOI! Wen i saw d structures in NEW YORK
unfortunately PHCN showed dere prowes. Dat was wen it dawned on me dat it's jst anoda holywood movie. I shuld av bin out of dis frikin kuntry if nt 4 d news about diein migrants i hear evry mont cry
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by akereconfi: 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
What shocked me was that my first day of entering TURKEY, I misplaced my International passport. Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they treated me like SHIT

Only God saved me from the Hands of the TURKISH GROUND SERVICE

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Damojo: Right from the airport, the way they admire the Nigerian passoprt is surprising.

Then u hit d road after leaving the airport n u c clean roads or u see semi-unclad children (if u r visiting The Gambia)

Then the cuisine is awesome especially if u r visiting The Carnivores, Kenya.

I also love the weed and sexy bar tenders in Amsterdam and the hospitality of the pple in Cape Verde!

Cape Verde shocked please tell me more . I want visit sometime

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
I served in katsina state so I take leg waka enta niger republic,what really surprised me was dat I take leg enta abroad.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by ballabriggs: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
ritux: The public bus system in Edinburgh. The bus time tracker. I know exactly the time the bus will pass through the closest bus stop to my house. 99% accurate and effective.

Lothian Bus Company too much. I can't wait to get into a public position and do that in my Senatorial District.

The most effecient bus service in the UK. I lived in Edinburgh for 3 years and I can attest to this.

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by emmabest2000(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: as i reach mumbai train station from airport i shock for the plenty ppl wey i see. The country dey smell but dem like am. and camel wey dey cary person for sit for back. dem tell me say make i pay make dem carr me like okada i think say na joke oboy na for real o!
India na die grin

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by vicoloni(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
The moment I landed at Schipol Airport, I felt like crying because of the rubbish our leaders gives us back home. A one star hotel in Amsterdam is better than Tinubu's Oriental hotel mostly in terms of customer service delivery.
I almost cried in Italy when I couldn't get familiar and well cooked pep perish food after a long search. At a particular restaurant I gesticulated with hands for a bottle of water and the rude Italian bartender came back with a bottle of flavored oil!
Also in Paris I observed that most residents are not helpful to tourists especially if you cannot speak French.
Aside from these culture shock and other little inconveniences, life is good in many foreign countries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
It's funny but I was more shocked in Nigeria, than anywhere else I've been to. And I lived there most of my life. Coming to a foreign country was instead a shock absorber . grin

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by emmabest2000(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123: When I saw the big houses in nigeria. They looked like palaces. grin
which town did u visited in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by gemini35(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
my first time in dubai' i'tot i was in kano come see sun' but d country make sense sha

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Akshow: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
slap1: Please we have 'apian ways' and shortcuts in Naija; we don't have alleyways.
we call it lungu here in d north. Alleyway fire?

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Andyblaze: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
The fresh smell in Tahiti is second to none

1 Like

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by PECO4KING(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
If you go to a developed country, first thing you will say is " He no go beta for Nigerian government".

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by havilaLAGOS: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
deeptesting: Good road network and cars have to wait for pedestrians to cross the road where there is zebra crossing....i was like so motor dey wait for human beings to cross road and na so dem dey stroll dey cross...Chei i come remember Lasgidi sharply.

there are so many places in Nigeria esp Lagos that has zebra crossing too and the cars also wait for pedestrian to cross
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Waspy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lachynos2k2: I served in katsina state so I take leg waka enta niger republic,what really surprised me was dat I take leg enta abroad.
undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
the population of nigerians in southafrica is shocking. i went to a street everybody was speaking igbo, one guy wey dey pose say he dey america since 13yrs, na for johannesburg he dey serve food for restaurant.

7 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Wizpa(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
deeptesting: Good road network and cars have to wait for pedestrians to cross the road where there is zebra crossing....i was like so motor dey wait for human beings to cross road and na so dem dey stroll dey cross...Chei i come remember Lasgidi sharply.
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
As soon as I left Naija boundary, I just kneel down dey cry.

Then I tore my passport.

Omo Cameroon too fine, I aint going back... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
emma_best2000: which town did u visited in Nigeria

I've been to a lot. Why do you ask ?
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by olatade(m): 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
I was shocked to see too many white skin jawe,come see as dem cari eye dey luk me like say I be one ape

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Train Crash Recovery In Osogbo / Bus Travelling To Bayelsa Tumbles On East-West Road, Ahoada (Photos) / 5 Thought-provoking Facts About Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.