Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country (25084 Views)

Paying In And Withdraw Money In Foreign Country From Nigerian Bank Account? / Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? / Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Tonykings: 3:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Constant power, free wifi and free sex.... south Africa sha!
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by 19naia(m): 3:58am On Aug 05, 2014
I was born in USA and was a young primary school boy before i moved to Nigeria.. My days were simple and i remember clearly the big yellow school bus that would take us to school every morning.. Then when i was told we were moving to Africa, i was happy and excited.. I was 8 years old and knew nothing about Africa other than the wild animal jungle place.. I liked it and assumed i would no longer have to go to school and my friends would be chimpanzees playing in the jungle like Tarzan had.. Then the wake up call came as the B747 approached lagos MMA..

I saw the jungle canopy give way to highways and cars and then the roads and houses became more dense until i saw endless fleets of yellow buses.. I was so young and did not know Molue was the public transport, i assumed they were school buses like in USA.. Every where i looked i saw yellow buses non stop as if the only business was taking children to school and no other life but school.. I entered depression but my young mind recovered and learned much and enjoyed much before things quickly fell apart over the years into suffering and finally an exit of Nigeria and no return since.

Then in more recent years i have been in places like philippines and Nicaragua and Peru and other simple countries.. Interesting but not easy or always comfortable, as my health so easily suffered under pollution and noise and dense traffic in chaos and danger. I had it easy there but not as nice as in USA where i can enjoy fresher air, safer environments other than crazy people with excess privilege in life and no appreciation for it..I don't mind hard work in USA because my health is better and food options are extensive for better health and thats what the body needs for endurance to enjoy hard work and also rest in comfort...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
As others dey talk their own, make me self talk my own...
Côte d Ivoire : On alighting from the plane, I was amazed at the level of orderliness, as the road was good, Abidjan streets were clean, and their women were also hot.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
@ugosample,when u go cote voire?As for me,when I go Ghana,the place make sense die,very clean and orderly 247 light but I no know of now o
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
cutieme:
@ugosample,when u go cote voire?As for me,when I go Ghana,the place make sense die,very clean and orderly 247 light but I no know of now o
I was in Ivory Coast in March, and the light was uninterrupted, and there was water without seeing those ugly overhead tanks we have in Lagos, their expressways were nice, plateau was also the bomb, but abobo (the ghetto) no be am at all. Overall, my Ivorian experience was cool.
BTW, how was your stay in Ghana? a little detailed.
My Cotonou experience would be shared later.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
@Ugosample,well my journey to gold coast country popularly known as Ghana was blissful.I boarded ABC transportation and off I went to Ghana.I got there around 9pm as the bus wasn't that fast throughout the trip.On getting there,I was greeted by well lighted environment I was so enchanted that the only thing that came out from my mouth was wow!There was light everywhere,the streets were as bright and beautiful as those those obodo Oyibo films we watch on television but I was more astonished when at dawn,I saw the real beauty of accra-a serene atmosphere, the streets as clean as crystals,very organised and no much traffic.The air was fresh and smelt nice and I couldn't hide my disappointment towards Nigerian leaders for the injustice done on Nigeria despite our status as the giant of Africa. Finally ,I began seeing their female homo sapience and I said MEN!see ikebe!Intact I enjoyed my stay there and fell in love with the country.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
cutieme:
@Ugosample,well my journey to gold coast country popularly known as Ghana was blissful.I boarded ABC transportation and off I went to Ghana.I got there around 9pm as the bus wasn't that fast throughout the trip.On getting there,I was greeted by well lighted environment I was so enchanted that the only thing that came out from my mouth was wow!There was light everywhere,the streets were as bright and beautiful as those those obodo Oyibo films we watch on television but I was more astonished when at dawn,I saw the real beauty of accra-a serene atmosphere, the streets as clean as crystals,very organised and no much traffic.The air was fresh and smelt nice and I couldn't hide my disappointment towards Nigerian leaders for the injustice done on Nigeria despite our status as the giant of Africa. Finally ,I began seeing their female homo sapience and I said MEN!see ikebe!Intact I enjoyed my stay there and fell in love with the country.
That's good. Am planning a Ghana trip myself before the end of this year. So tell me, did you stay in a hotel? And how much did it cost then? Just curious.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
@,ugosample,yea,I stayed in an hotel for the two days before I went in with a Ghanaian family I met here online.The hotel ranges from #1500 upwards depending on the type and your pocket too.Now tell us about your experience in cote voire and Cotonou, thanks.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
cutieme:
@,ugosample,yea,I stayed in an hotel for the two days before I went in with a Ghanaian family I met here online.The hotel ranges from #1500 upwards depending on the type and your pocket too.Now tell us about your experience in cote voire and Cotonou, thanks.
#1500? are you sure? This is unbelievable!!!! wow!!!!
I'll share my experience when I can type long posts because trust me, na long story, especially the recent one in Cotonou.
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by RedCapChief(m): 12:56am On Jul 19, 2015
Bananas. . .the bananas in Toronto looked so big and green, but they tasted funny; almost crispy. Infact, all the fruits tasted funny. They were not unripe or decayed, but I finally understood how blessed Nigeria is to have organic food in abundance.

The roads. .The roads were so wide . . .so so wide. Na to start Fast and Furious : Toronto Drift.

I made the mistake of thinking my 'local canvas' would protect me from the cold. Omo!, my toes almost fell off when the temperature started getting to -15

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Parolee: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
My first time out of SA was Ghana. The driving on the right hand side of the road in a left hand vehicle was a "wow"....oh yes and i dont know how the guys there manage to avoid collisions at road intersections, it is so disorderly, it's crazy...

2 Likes

Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
cutieme:
So, @ Cutieme, which fun spots and attractions did you see while in Accra?
Re: What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 6:05am On Jul 20, 2015
@ugosample,so many,very nice beaches,malls cinema e.t.c ,hey share your Cotonou experience man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bus Travelling To Bayelsa Tumbles On East-West Road, Ahoada (Photos) / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Amaechi Reduces Train Ticket To N500 After He Was Ambushed By Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.