Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist (22562 Views)

Real Madrid Top Forbes List For The Third Straight Year / NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY NDA 2015 67TH REGULAR COURSE RESULT/SHORTLIST IS OUT / Nairaland's Nigeria Person Of The Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Tolexander: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nigerians have dominated Forbes Africa Person of the Year shortlist, the US base business website has announced.

In its Forbes Africa page, Forbes announced it had narrowed down its shortlist, dominated by Nigerians, for the 2013 Person of the Year Awards. The awards will take place in Nairobi, Kenya at the beginning of December this year.

An official voting is also open to the public who can make their selection of the individual they deem most worthy of the Person of the Year title.

The Person of the Year Awards celebrate ‘the individual who, for better or worse, has had the most influence on events of the year gone by’ and Forbes Africa has welcomed the participation of the public in what is fast becoming one of the most momentous and anticipated annual events in Africa.

“Every year, we are excited to decide the Forbes Africa Person of the Year. We want to honour the big hitters of the continent who are making a difference in people’s lives and we hope that in doing so, it will inspire others,” commented Chris Bishop, the managing editor of Forbes Africa magazine.

The shortlist, comprising three Nigerians, one South African and one Zimbabwean, is as follows:

*South African mining magnate, Patrice Motsepe, plans on giving away more than half his fortune over the next five years.

* Akinwunmi Adesina is Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and his vision is to make Nigeria a self-sustaining, food-producing nation and register 20 million farmers by 2015.

* Aliko Dangote is Africa’s richest man and his net worth has significantly increased on the back of his continued business success, allowing him to better the lives of millions.

* Strive Masiyiwa is the founder of global telecoms group, Econet Wireless, and through Capernaum Trust he educates tens of thousands of Zimbabwean orphans.

*Jim Ovia established Zenith Bank Group in 1990 – now West Africa’s second largest financial services provider. His focus has turned to helping grow Africa’s budding ‘techpreneurs’.

orisun

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by jaryeh(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nigeria is moving forward. God bless Nigeria.

Ori mi wa gbe'mi naa debi ire o

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by DAYLAYOLONADE(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
wait wats akiwunmi adesina doin on dis shortlist abeg replace am wit adeleke d baba olowo fun rara e d father of omo baba olowo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Sermwell(m): 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
Woooow!!! This is really great for the Nigerians! But what about femi otedola and mike adenuga?

#Just asking#
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by onila(f): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nigeria oni' Baje

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Boladearo(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
The list is not yet complete, WHY? Oga seun's name is not there.
Seun: owner of Nairaland.Com, His mission is.............................

grin too numerous to mention

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nigeria is growing, any power that is trying to restrict this country's progress, i consume it by fire in jesus name. amen. amen amen!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
One mofo's now comparing my country with Ghana.
Because a dog ate twice as much as a lion doesn't make it more powerful.

One luv to ghanians but the truth is always bitter cry

33 Likes

Coming back with ma comment
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by imsparkling(f): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here? Lemme knw nw. Waiting

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by victorazy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by pesty100(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Res
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by MaziOmenuko: 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
More...

*yuzedo: The nairaland billionaire who own a 'manshun' at Banana 'iceland'

*Billionaire: The ever present internet warrior who boasts of using N300k to remove a worrying tooth.

....Add yours...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by executinal(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Gradually i will get there. Just very soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Ipheyemmy01(m): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
No any political leader on the list... Is this how bad our leaders are.
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by 80million1: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
No matter how expensive your wrist watch is, if it cannot tell us the time ASUU will call off the strike, then it is as useless as the letter 'p' in pSYCHOLOGY!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by mosho2good: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Can anyone please tell me why my name is not on d list....

I'm a good samaritan in nairaland...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by victorazy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
imsparkling: Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here? Lemme knw nw. Waiting
A mad man has

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
ok
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Victosin09(f): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
I'm not surprised. Its only a matter of time. One day ... ... ...
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
imsparkling: Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here? Lemme knw nw. Waiting

And u are a lady, nna odikwa very risky o, eleyi gidigan mehn
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by ebamma(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Replace that minister of agriculture with my grand mom, who through her cassava farm is producing garri for sale and feeding millions

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Up naija
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by smajatt(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
9ja is blesd.
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Osinachi101(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
Good for dem!!!
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Sermwell(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
what's wrong with this one? Are u high on some new crack?

#Just asking o#
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by idrezee(m): 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
watching d match too and m loosing (de's hope cha)........ I tink d post rocks just Adesina d@ spoilt d fun. No crush on u cha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Anyi3(m): 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
please Akinwunmi Adesina the only minister that has intelligence...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by ndidibabe(f): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ipheyemmy01: No any political leader on the list... Is this how bad our leaders are.
Do you know how bad your English is?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by pharmow: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Don't know much about this man Akinwunmi Adeshina.............This has triggered my inquisitivity.

Nice one to have 3 Nigerians in the top 5.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by LadyH(f): 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
Aunty, hw many bottles??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by LadyH(f): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
#80million:
No matter how expensive your wrist watch is, if it cannot tell us the time ASUU will call off the strike, then it is as useless as the letter 'p' in pSYCHOLOGY!
we hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Addicted To? / Shocking Revelations Show That “ibb Killed Abiola, Abacha, Idiagbon, Ige Etc / Animals And Their Various Yoruba Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.