Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist (22561 Views)

Real Madrid Top Forbes List For The Third Straight Year / NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY NDA 2015 67TH REGULAR COURSE RESULT/SHORTLIST IS OUT / Nairaland's Nigeria Person Of The Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by LadyH(f): 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tolexander:

orisun
good to hear
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
If God can make techno ping...who said ur situation cannot change....we shall get there too grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
DAYLAY OLONADE: wait wats akiwunmi adesina doin on dis shortlist abeg replace am wit adeleke d baba olowo fun rara e d father of omo baba olowo
Go put am there na.
.were they talking about money?
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by anselm791(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
Yet I'm still seating at home because of poor infrastructures in the university? How do they sleep at night?
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Derealme(m): 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
God bless Naija. Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba setting d pace
#WaZoBia
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
#80million:
No matter how expensive your wrist watch is, if it cannot tell us the time ASUU will call off the strike, then it is as useless as the letter 'p' in pSYCHOLOGY!
come..i've been seeing you going from thread to thread with this same comment! Are you a programmed robot or you're just seeking for likes?? angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Lateef9961(m): 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Derealme: God bless Naija. Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba setting d pace
#WaZoBia
amin
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by ichommy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
jaryeh: Nigeria is moving forward. God bless Nigeria.

Ori mi wa gbe'mi naa debi ire o

Ase wa
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
ebamma: Replace that minister of agriculture with my grand mom, who through her cassava farm is producing garri for sale and feeding millions
no offence..but seriously you're starting to irritate with your garri comments lately. The stuff is sooo last year and stale. Gosh

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Dannylux: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
What if someone says "K" ? undecided
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by iamdsam: 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sermwell: Woooow!!! This is really great for the Nigerians! But what about femi otedola and mike adenuga?

#Just asking#
You can go ahead to conjure yours
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by smithjanetstore: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
haaaaaaaaaa AWON BOKO HARRAM NI ELEYI NOW I DEY RUN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by oladapolif: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sermwell: Woooow!!! This is really great for the Nigerians! But what about femi otedola and mike adenuga?

wat kinda of question are you asking? dont you know whenever they mention list like this and no igbo man is involved, igbos will feel bad, we know Jim ovia is not rich and that public money, not investment.. Femi is richer than all of them.. aint no need to ask stupid question

#Just asking#
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by iamdsam: 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
imsparkling: Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here? Lemme knw nw. Waiting
*stands up and raises two hands* Nah me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by iamdsam: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
This is a good one. But I don't agree with the minister of agriculture. Nigeria shouldn't be struggling with high prices of food stuffs if he's really doing something in the agricultural sector.
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by farem: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
DAYLAY OLONADE: wait wats akiwunmi adesina doin on dis shortlist abeg replace am wit adeleke d baba olowo fun rara e d father of omo baba olowo
[color=#990000]
How do teenagers get to comment on a topic as germaine as this?
Can somebody compare the current minister of agric under gej with one Adeleke? Certainly there is no comparison. THIS IS TOO SHALLOW!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
[size=50pt]so daft SMH[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
nairaland is filled with dumb people like dis guy, they are not saying African richest, they are saying African person of the year. so what have davidos father don for Nigerians dis year tell us please. [size=50pt]SMH[/size]dis is why you children fail waec and jamb

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
UP AREWA REPUBLIC!!! UP SIR ALHAJI ALIKO DANGOTE!!!!
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Amya(f): 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
This is really impressive! Na small small, we will surely get there.

One love nigeria!!!
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by seankay(m): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
Is Strive Masiyiwa Musiwa?

#just asking
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Willgates(m): 11:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
imsparkling: Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here? Lemme knw nw. Waiting

the only time I will crush u is when I run a trailer over ur head! angry

the only time I will crush u is when I run a trailer over ur head!
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Whitecoal711: 2:02am On Oct 30, 2013
Na Who remove my name? Who be that person
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 30, 2013
Many can agree with me that Dangote is the only person on that list that worths the award. He is the only man on the list whose business transverses beyond his home country and hardly you find a home without Dangote product. The products of his companies can be found in all West African markets, putting food on the tables of millions who sell in wholesale, retail or are involved in one way or the other in the business chain. He has companies not only in Nigeria but in some West African countries thereby, contributing to the GDP of such countries and adding value to lives. Just recently, he went with president Jonathan to Kenya for another business deal with that country.
Africa is blessed to have Alhaji Aliko Dangote and Nigeria should be proud of him.
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by einsteino(m): 5:51am On Oct 30, 2013
i can vouch for the man JIM OVIA. He really deserves that honour, he is one man i have always held in high esteem. He happens to hail from my hometown Agbor. Jim is unlike most agbor people who forget where they are from as soon as they hit gold and if they manage to return home its just so they could come and trample on the poor.

In 1999/2000 Jim ovia single handedly provided pipe borne water for 3 different agbor villages. am not talking about the rickety type politicians build when they want to campaign, am talking about real water board standard borehole with taps running across streets in 3 villages!

He renovated ime-obi secondary school, built extra blocks of class rooms, provided an ICT Laboratory and a standby generator. now the interesting part is that the standby generator got vandalised twice[obviously by the same agbor people that he is trying to aid], JIM OVIA replaced the standby generators on both occasions!

He single handedly built a school that provides free computer education, equipped it with over 300 computers, internet facilties and a standby generator. This school is wholly tution free!

of recent he launched a world standard secondary school at obi-olihe Agbor. the secondary school is tution free also. Inshort that school is so fine and equipped that no one would mind paying 300k per term as school fees. The only thing that pains me is that it wasn't in my time he launched it, i remember i had to go all the way to Asaba to get a secondary school education that my Dad would be satisfied with.

He constructed ime-obi road and provided drains, mind you that road is a state road that spans some kilometres.

The crazy part is the man loves anonymity so its hard to even trace all his contributions.

I know some people would say he owns a bank so all this should be chicken change to him but as far as am concerned, it is his hard earned money and he is spending it in a way that even politicians with their stolen money[that is meant for the people] wouldnt dare. Afterall there are people who are wealthier than him and haven't done a thing for anyone outside their family(some no dey even do for their family sef)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by rasroland: 6:17am On Oct 30, 2013
;DWat abt me,ive bn preachn in streets of lagos for past 4yrs, forbes is tribalistic ;DWat abt me,ive bn preachn in streets of lagos for past 4yrs, forbes is tribalistic
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by kommiejewel(f): 6:34am On Oct 30, 2013
[quote
author=imsparkling]Off point! Sometin smells like a cow's dung
here......feel like vomiting.........front page tins!!.......watching
Chelsea n Arsenal match.........ma teamz wining!!!!!! Am a Qyeen from d
east! Wana say everytin datz on ma mind nw! Who has a crush on me here?
Lemme knw nw. Waiting[/quote]
Pls kindly change ur brand of weed;itz either fake or expired. . From a concerned nairalander. .sad
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by Infomizer(m): 6:48am On Oct 30, 2013
Am I surprised by the inclusion of the Minister for Agric? No! That man's impact in the country's economy is gon be mega if he continues with his moves and is granted the leeway to do what needs to be done to revive agriculture.
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by torgbe(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2013
Promhize: One mofo's now comparing my country with Ghana.
Because a dog ate twice as much as a lion doesn't make it more powerful.

One luv to ghanians but the truth is always bitter cry
Ghana is much better cuz the money is evenly distributed among the populace.

we compare standards of living to the average Nigerian..Not some 10 billionaires out of the 170 million people..hope u see the difference.

The dog dat gives the best to its puppies is far better than the lion that starves the cub for personal glory

one love to nigerians but the truth still stands

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by darnley16(m): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Promhize: One mofo's now comparing my country with Ghana.
Because a dog ate twice as much as a lion doesn't make it more powerful.

One luv to ghanians but the truth is always bitter cry
,, help me tell them oh,
Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by darnley16(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2013
ah neva even see ur pic sef or how u look like ,, or na ur username or the fact say u write (f) , ah go get crush on?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Addicted To? / Shocking Revelations Show That “ibb Killed Abiola, Abacha, Idiagbon, Ige Etc / Animals And Their Various Yoruba Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.