Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity (1087 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe / Buhari Paralyzes Maiduguri, See Mammoth Crowd At His Rally (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by jerusalem101: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
The largest markets in Lagos State, Nigeria’s most vibrant economy, were scandalously shut down today by the Asiwaju Bola Tinubu family, sources say the unusual event is in honour of Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, Bola Tinubu’s daughter, who was being installed as the new ‘Iyaloja General of Nigeria.’
The installation took place at the palace of the Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty Rilwan Akiolu 1, who was also celebrating his 70th birthday anniversary.The title is a joke, actually, a newspaper columnist told SaharaReporters, “because Nigeria does not offer Iyaloja tiles, whether Ordinary, Extraordinary or General. Nobody can paste a title on someone’s forehead in the name of Nigeria, and the Attorney-General ought to challenge it. Perhaps Lagos citizens now think their titles are meaningless if it simply says Lagos, Ikorodu or Isale Eko.”
In a report, PM News in Lagos said that markets throughout the Lagos metropolis, including Ayobo-Ipaja, Iyana-Ipaja, Abule-Egba, Dopemu, Ogba, Egbeda, Agege, Balogun, Oke Arin, Oyingbo, Oshodi, Mushin and Ikotun were all deserted. This meant that the Lagos economy lost millions, perhaps billions of Naira in trade transactions today alone.
This development reflects the abuse and arbitrary use of power that Bola Tinubu is routinely identified. The APC leader arbitrarily imposed his daughter as “Iyaloja of Lagos” after his mother Abibatu Mogaji died last June. SaharaReporters’ investigations today did not reveal that any of the big businesses of any of the Tinubus to be closed for the event.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bola-tinubu-family-paralyzes-lagos-economic-activity
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
And they say SaharaReporters is just anti-GEJ...thumbs up to them.... as to the Story;I think something should be done by the relevant Authorities to check all these Arbitrary Displays of Power and Influence,because I'm certain Traders at those Markets were coerced into locking up their Shops.

2 Likes

Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by 1wolex85: 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
koonbey: And they say SaharaReporters is just anti-GEJ...thumbs up to them.... as to the Story;I think something should be done by the relevant Authorities to check all these Arbitrary Displays of Power and Influence,because I'm certain Traders at those Markets were coerced into locking up their Shops.
Abeg don't mind those people, they are pure hypocrites especially that insincere guy who has been talking nonsense suggesting SR is pro tinubu, you won't see them here, let SR write smthng against their master, they will appear.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by gurnam: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
I want to see those anti-SR loud mouths reaction to this report.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mr Israel or wetting be ur name allow the to celebrate it now, no bi one show
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Willywilly7: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nonsense.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by PapaBrowne(m): 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
And rather than reply to the very critical subject at hand, you lot above are talking about unrelated issues.
Amazing how you will choose to ignore the gross nepotism of Tinubu and rather discuss whether or not saharareportes is bias.

A display of hypocrisy as usual by the willing slaves of Tinubu himself. I'm certain Fashola is totally disgusted by the man Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by oilykid(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
APC's Lai Mohammed wud not say anything in ds
case. But when the president sleeps with his wife,
he wunt allow Nigerians rest. I bet if APC occupy
Aso Rock, Nigeria wud be run like a family affair.sad sad

2 Likes

Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
PapaBrowne: And rather than reply to the very critical subject at hand, you lot above are talking about unrelated issues.
Amazing how you will choose to ignore the gross nepotism of Tinubu and rather discuss whether or not saharareportes is bias.

A display of hypocrisy as usual by the willing slaves of Tinubu himself. I'm certain Fashola is totally disgusted by the man Tinubu.

Isn't it their way?
Maradona style
Leave the issue begin call GEJ when Tinubu and his excesses are called to question
Ndi ara
A man and his thieving family shuts whole markets preventing traders from making a living and not a whimper from the Tinubu supporters.
She will soon commission her group of thugs and area boys that'll extort money from the traders
Na stella Oduah cause am

I didn't know they have female Obas in marketplaces in Lagos
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by freeR1: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Exactly what SR wants you to think (SR is not anti-gej but a progressive). This is very poor journalism. One will expect that SR will go further to contact leaders of each market to know exactly why the markets where closed and who gave the order. Ladipo market would have been a good place to start since they are at loggerheads with APC & Fashola. If SR really want us to believe this crap report, we need to know who ordered the closure of the markets? If it was Fashola's administration, Oba Akiolu or Tinubu. Oba Akiolu also celebrated his 70th birthday but only Tinubu's name was isolated for the reason of this condemnable act! (Pathetic).
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sahara Reporter of lies is unrepentantly, unassailably and unashamedly anti-GEJ. SR is anti-GEJ not because of GEJ as a person but because the organisation is designed to ALWAYS be anti-FG. That is how the owners designed it and that is how they make their MONEY. If APC wins the presidency tomorrow and maybe Fashola becomes president, Sahara Reporters will AUTOMATICALLY become anti-Fashola and anti-APC. Otherwise, it will lose its relevance.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by 1MCN: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Am only interested in knowing what Mr Lai Mohammed will say about the pain this closure of markets and roads caused the subservient people of Lagos state. Yes, I say subservient here.
For my friends up there clapping for SR, you just got used. SR has been under criticism about the way it reports only scandalous news about the ruling party at state and federal levels and they're trying to use this news as an opportunity to whip up sentiments that they're not bias. Why have they not cared to investigate how and why roads are construsted with mortifying sums of money in Lagos? Why the silence on allegations of one man's business conglomerates holding an entire region's economic spindles hostage? Why have we never heard of one investigation of the official contract scams in Lagos and other opposition states while these are reported elsewhere daily?
And you think SR means to criticise Tinubu or Fashola or APC here? Let's hear their whistle blowing in matters of politics and not market women festivals.

1 Like

Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by bloggernaija: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
The best teacher is your culture and tradition.
All market must close for such a coronation.
While doing so, bring back those other festival and curfews.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by seanet01: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Even Ladipo must be closed.
Now we can decipher who truly owns Lagos
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Ewarrior: 8:51am On Oct 30, 2013
bloggernaija: The best teacher is your culture and tradition.

All market must close for such a coronation.

While doing so, bring back those other festival and curfews.

I don't knw wats so hard for pple to understand....
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by Dpeacemaker101: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Now Nigerians should begin to imagine what would happen if APC is voted in Aso Rock, if this is happening in lagos maybe the whole nation will be ask to stand still for Tinubu and his family. Well, I know it will never happen, he can only do that in his south west. For Sahara Reporters we understand that you are trying to play the good and bad reporter.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by israel007: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2013
Frog-eyed family.

Never give birth to an ugly child
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by EzePromoe: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2013
No public holiday for Alaba! angry
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by duality(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Personally, I see a soft handling of this reportage by Sahara. I know the venom the organisation attacks issues with. This is so pedestal as far as I'm concerned. Should the president or his wife come to Lagos today, see the way Sahara will report it. As a non partisan commentator, I see the approach of SR on reportage.
Re: APC Chieftain And Family Paralyzes Lagos Economic Activity by seunmsg(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: And rather than reply to the very critical subject at hand, you lot above are talking about unrelated issues.

You guys are really very pathetic. Always trying to make an issue of what ordinarily is not a problem. When an Iyaloja is being installed in Yorubaland, it is customary for all market to close down in honour of the new market leader. It is simple tradition and u people should stop trying to politicise it. All the markets closed down voluntarily without coercion. If u have evidence that Tinubu forced the market to close down, pls bring it and let's see. Beside, aint u guys the ones shouting that Ngige disrespected the culture of igboland by campaigning on the day the Obi of Onitsha was having his annual celebration? If customarily u can't campaign in onitsha on the day the Obi is celebrating, aint it common sense as well that market should close down when the market leader is being installed? U people should stop making noise over a none issue jare.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike To Be Called Off Soon As Jonathan Offers To Give ASUU N1.1TRILLION / Audit Reveals Massive Fraud At OAUTH *auditor-general Office Report Indicts CMD / N255m Scam: Panel Report Leakage Tears Reps Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.