Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (13115 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2013
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Genesis 3:1-7 & 22-24

In a fact, it is the devil that made us understand some certain truths in the bible, this happened in the bible times and it is still happening right today, when the devil comes to tempt us, as a result of his temptations our eyes are opened to some deep truth in the scriptures, this is why when we do not yield to the temptation we come out better and stronger with more understanding.

When the devil came to Eve to tempt her, it was obvious from the conversation that eve was limited in her understanding of the will of God. The devil said had God said you should not eat of every tree in the garden, wanting to know how much the woman understands about the trees, the tree of life inclusive because he is most interested in that. The woman shows she lacks understanding, when she talked about the trees in the middle (both the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil); she was only focusing on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and also adding to the word of God to further reveal her ignorance (addition to the word is pure ignorance of the word and power of God).
The devil smart enough avoided discussion on the tree of life knowing fully well if he tries and fail he might loose forever (which he eventually did anyways), went on to tell the woman what she does not know about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The devil pointed out that the tree is going to make them like God, which God later confirmed in the same chapter, saying man has now become like one of us knowing good and evil. God himself testified about the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil that it is able to make one wise and become like a god. It is worth taking note of for if God think so of the tree and it is actually true, and the devil now did everything possible for man to eat the fruit, then what actually was in this fruit and why does it seem God kept it from man?

To know exactly what the fruit is about and why there is so much surrounding it; we have to look closely at the scripture we are considering.
In truth, the fruit possess the ability to transform man just as the devil has said and God Himself had testified. Before I continue in this line, I will want you to always remember and not to forget that, it is God that planted the two trees at the middle of the garden and created all the settings surrounding the trees. It is important to note this so that we will not give the devil any undue credit and see it as maybe God was actually hiding something from man, for that is actually false.

Remember I said earlier on that man was created perfect but he was yet to be perfected, and to be perfected was the original will of God for him (read my write up on the tree of life). Although man was suppose to be enlightened, because of a truth he was not generally aware, so God wanted him to be perfected (in his final or complete state) but not the way it all happened with the devil. God knew exactly what He was doing when he planted two trees at the middle of the garden which was able to enlighten man, but He was watching him closely to see what he would do with his freewill. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was not evil in itself for it was God that created it, but because God had said man should not eat out of it, it became evil; for to deliberately go against God’ instruction is evil. The reason God told man not to eat of the tree is because though it will enlighten man, but God do not put in it what will make him to be perfected. He will only be enlightened and become more physically conscious, but not perfected or becoming spiritually conscious.

God created us spiritual beings (read my write up on man a three dimensional being), so we are supposed to be more spiritually conscious, but as a result of eating the forbidden fruit, man became more physically conscious. God created us spirit soul and body (man a three dimensional being), but as a result of Adam eating the forbidden fruit; it was reversed to soul body and then the spirit. The spiritual supersedes and control the physical, and God created us spiritual so that we can control and rule on earth, but when Adam ate the forbidden fruit, he lost control because he became more physically conscious. This is the reason he discovered he was naked, he was naked all the while but he did not know it and it did not bother him because he was more spiritually conscious and saw the glory of God covering his unclothedness. But as a result of him becoming more physically conscious, he discovered he was naked, though he was naked all along, he did not see his unclothedness. Being naked physically was not an issue then because he was more spiritually conscious and saw the glory of God covering him, but when he became more physically conscious, the glory was lifted.

Many are quick to condemn Adam but still fall into the same sin themselves; they yield more to the flesh and become more physically conscious, thereby being ruled by the senses. The effect of being more physically conscious, that is being ruled by the senses reversing the other to soul, body and spirit is that, the attention shifts from what is more important to that which is less important, you major on the minor and minor on the major, you focus more on the physical than the spiritual.

13 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 5:46am On Oct 30, 2013
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

Once the attention shifts from the spiritual to the physical, there is no way we can please God anymore, because we will no longer be concerned with the things of God; this is the sin of Adam, eating the forbidden fruit. Eating the fruit made Adam carnal and sense ruled, he fell from grace to trying to get things done himself. Really, it was not God that brought curse to the ground because of Adam, though God pronounced it for the manifestation, he brought the curse upon himself because the moment he ate the fruit he fell from grace and the consequences of falling from grace is to struggle. In effect even if God had said nothing, Adam would still have struggled right from then on.
Being sense ruled is very dangerous because you will try to reason everything out and the truth is when you are dealing with God, human reasoning becomes foolishness. Whatever God does becomes foolish in the eyes of the so called learned, little wonder the bible says the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. The bible also says that the foolishness of God is wiser than man, and that He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. The mind has its own place and it is very important to man (man a three dimensional being), which was why God made man a conscious being, but the mind is meant to be subject to the spirit.

The reason God created us spirit, soul and body and not the other way round is that we should rule spiritually and that the soul and body should be subject to the spirit. The soul has so much control on the body and can be greatly influenced, when the soul is so filled, the body moves in the direction of the soul. This is the very reason it is dangerous to let the soul alone to be driven by the things of the world, whereby it becomes corrupt. The mind can be used for good or bad depending on what it is subjected to, if the mind is ruled by the spirit (thus Holy Spirit), it can be used for good but if let alone it can be disastrous. In this case, the spirit of the Lord could rule a man or that of the devil, so even the mind under the influence of the spirit can still go either way.

The same temptation Adam fell for at the beginning, many are still tolling that path, the devil is still using the same old tricks. He gets us to be ruled by the mind, for he knows that while we are always sense ruled, we can never please God. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:8

When the bible talks of the flesh, it is talking about being carnal or sense ruled. The bible always contrasts walking in the spirit as against walking in the flesh because that is the simple difference of belonging to God or the devil. The bible says anyone that does not have the spirit of Christ in him is none of His.

The devil tempting Adam to eat the fruit knew exactly what he was doing, he knows that he is powerless against man and that man stands in a place he can never get him. He knows that man being spirit ruled, under the umbrella of God and still obedient; he needs only to bring him to a place where he can have power over him, this was exactly what happened in the eating of the forbidden fruit. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is not evil in itself but because God said man should not eat of it, it became evil. The tree does what it was said to do, enlighten and makes us like god, but God never intended it to be what will perfect us. First and foremost we are already like God, though we are not perfected and there is a need for that, but the way God prepared is quite different from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but the tree of life (read my write up on the tree of life). Adam did not only sin against God in eating the forbidden fruit, he sinned against humanity and was about to turn everything around and reverse the plans of God for all eternity, but thank God Jesus came and all things was restored and made better, and the original way God intended for us to be perfected was kicked back into effect.

In the actual fact if man had not eaten of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, man would have been eating or eat of the fruit of the tree of life, be perfected and live forever. This is contrary to the belief of many that God created man to fall, that man was bound to eat the forbidden fruit and fall. God created man perfect but was not perfected, so God planted two trees at the middle of the garden which has the ability to perfect man, but warned him not to eat one and told him of every tree in the garden he may freely eat (the tree of life inclusive). God never wanted him to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil but the tree of life, He wanted him to live forever and ever and be perfected eating the fruit of the tree of life. The whole thing was a test but unfortunately Adam failed the test which leads to the perishing of man.

The eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil leads us to another dispensation because after the fall Adam was driven out of the garden, we would have had just one dispensation or maybe two, which is the dispensation of innocence and probably the dispensation of perfection and forever and ever, but now we have eight dispensations (four had gone, we are presently in one, and three is yet to come, check out for my book on the eight dispensations of man).

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Joshthefirst(m): 8:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Wow! Really edifying. Strong stuff.
For the carnal mind is enmity with God, because it cannot be subject to Gods law.

I would like you to pou some things in better words sir.
I think I understand, but just to be safe, what do you mean by man was created perfect but was not yet perfected(do you nmean perfectly enlightened?)
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: Wow! Really edifying. Strong stuff.
For the carnal mind is enmity with God, because it cannot be subject to Gods law.

I would like you to pou some things in better words sir.
I think I understand, but just to be safe, what do you mean by man was created perfect but was not yet perfected(do you nmean perfectly enlightened?)

Thank God, the truth is that though man was created perfect but he was not in his perfected (complete state), and needed to be perfected that is in his final state. If u look through the scriptures u will understand that God chose to do things in process n not in their final state, man was not exempted. This is the reason he was created naked, Eve had to come into the picture and many more to show he was not in his final state.

If u would want to, u can send me ur email address so I can send u a book I wrote on salvation, for then u will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by alotofgrace(m): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2013
is this an ebook
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Ichel: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Long stuff? Sumone plz summerize it
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by AbuMikey(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2013

GaddemIt!! angry

Are You Apostle Paul, who likes writing epistles undecided

Please, kindly summarize this stuff for me please. sad

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2013
God hath said,
Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it,
lest ye die.

Technically, the first lie ever? I just can't say...
undecided

Wetin that tree dey even do for there in the 1st place?

Why that tree no remain for a realm where only angels and Jah can only get to?

Does it mean God was testing the humans as well by putting that tree within their reach?

Was it some kind of betting between God and the devil that humans won't eat of the tree no matter what the devil does or what?

As the only Alpha and Omega and the only Omni potent, he knew humans will eat of the tree, yet he allowed it. Why?

Why didn't he cause confusion to stop the creation of Nigeria as he did in the time the tower of Babel?

Abeg, me I have tired joor.

5 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by StevenJay01(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2013
Okay!.........are u done?too long to read.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by trolling(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Define the Tree and I'll break the rest down for you.... Like Solomon said knowledge is easy to him that understands... It's a piece of cake that is if you are in sync
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by sniperwolf(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Was that supposed to be the entire Book of Genesis?

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by scaler345: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Bollocks .....

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2013
alotofgrace: is this an ebook

Yes sort of, but actually called from the main book. If u want u can send me ur email add n I will send u the whole book.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Steven Jay01: Okay!.........are u done?too long to read.

That ain't too long, U guys should cultivate the habit of reading
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by benkings(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2013
[quote author]=Abu Mikey]

GaddemIt!! angry

Are You Apostle Paul, who likes writing epistles undecided

Please, kindly summarize this stuff for me please. sad

[/quote]the summary: d Lord told adam n eve to eat of every fruit in d qarden except dat which is in d middle of d qarden,d middle of d qarden here means d part dat is found in d middle of a womans body and u knw what dat means(pucccci) so d devil came to tempt eve 1st n told her to test d middle of her qarden and after she self service she realise d pleasure she had was maximum pleasure and so she called on adam to test of it also,so they had seks toqether n afta d act dey realise dey were naked
last bullet: d forbidden fruit to my own understand is seks
hope my post wont be hidden 8-)

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Nice twisting of scripture there. According to Christian myth, your God cursed Adam and the whole world for Eve's mistake. What a useless being...

Smile, a result of eating the tree of the knowledge of good n evil, falling to the realm of senses (logic, carnal n flesh)

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2013
Man was never completely unconscious, wud I say he was kind of physically blind.. But he was able to think along the devils line meaning he was reasonable.. What I find confusing is the fact that God put that tree in the garden for a being that was reasonable.. As that would mean he gave man the option of sinning against him.. Since man was not a complete empty vessel to be told don't do this and not ask? Why not... So why then did God give man an option and was angry when man took the option.. Did he make a mistake?? He did say he regretted ever making man.. Gen 6:6-7..This confuses me..

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by solhenawo: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2013
Kindly send me ur books. My email is solhenawo1@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by map96(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2013
So actualli God lied dat dey will die.... N satan is tellin d truth abt deir being lyk God... Wonder wen u pple will remuv dat one frm d bible as u did to oder verses n chapters.... Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2013
njokusboy: Man was never completely unconscious, wud I say he was kind of physically blind.. But he was able to think along the devils line meaning he was reasonable.. What I find confusing is the fact that God put that tree in the garden for a being that was reasonable.. As that would mean he gave man the option of sinning against him.. Since man was not a complete empty vessel to be told don't do this and not ask? Why not... So why then did God give man an option and was angry when man took the option.. Did he make a mistake?? He did say he regretted ever making man.. Gen 6:6-7..This confuses me..

I want answer to this question, every man of God I tackle runs away.. They can't convince me about the God they want me to serve...

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by shewantsme: 10:10am On Nov 03, 2013
Started from the forbidden-tree, now we are here.

Now my whole team is here. Started.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Smile, a result of eating the tree of the knowledge of good n evil, falling to the real of sense (logic, carnal n flesh)

So God wanted man to have nothing to do with logic? shocked

Now I understand. Go on with your silliness, sorry for bothering you.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Chiefigho: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2013
@Pastor Olu T, thanks for the eye opening message. It is great to the dat this is the genesis of the problem of mankind. please sir, I will like to hav the ebook for me to read how man can achieve the perfect being that God plan for us. My email is rickkybliss@yahoo.com
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2013
Chief igho: @Pastor Olu T, thanks for the eye opening message. It is great to the dat this is the genesis of the problem of mankind. please sir, I will like to hav the ebook for me to read how man can achieve the perfect being that God plan for us. My email is rickkybliss@yahoo.com
Thanks

Thank God, I will get to u later in the day
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
njokusboy: Man was never completely unconscious, wud I say he was kind of physically blind.. But he was able to think along the devils line meaning he was reasonable.. What I find confusing is the fact that God put that tree in the garden for a being that was reasonable.. As that would mean he gave man the option of sinning against him.. Since man was not a complete empty vessel to be told don't do this and not ask? Why not... So why then did God give man an option and was angry when man took the option.. Did he make a mistake?? He did say he regretted ever making man.. Gen 6:6-7..This confuses me..

I enjoin u to read my write up, "The tree of Life" for better understanding
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I enjoin u to read my write up, "The tree of Life" for better understanding

Since I am open minded to knowledge and insight.. Am gonna read it.. But I hope you wud be available for questioning and not try to evade my questions??

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by esere826: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2013
thumbs up
You started well, but soon began to run out of steam and quickly jumped into a typical xtian stimulating conclusion

but in general, its good to know that you've started applying yourself in wisdom and understanding rather than
avoiding any inclination to some minute form of rigorous thinking, and instead latching on to a self conceited belief of some special but yet uncritical and esoteric knowledge
...like i've seen you do in some of my 'religious' threads

....nice
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2013
njokusboy:

Since I am open minded to knowledge and insight.. Am gonna read it.. But I hope you wud be available for questioning and not try to evade my questions??
No problem
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by pelhurmy(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2013
itz too long jawe...I yhaff save it,will read it later
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2013
esere826: thumbs up
You started well, but soon began to run out of steam and quickly jumped into a typical xtian stimulating conclusion

but in general, its good to know that you've started applying yourself in wisdom and understanding rather than
avoiding any inclination to some minute form of rigorous thinking, and instead latching on to a self conceited belief of some special but yet uncritical and esoteric knowledge
...like i've seen you do in some of my 'religious' threads

....nice

Smile, obviously u haven't read my threads, and please quote me instead of genralizing!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.