Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama (3302 Views)

Picture Of Obama Holding Bill Clinton's Suit Jacket In 2005 / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Allgist: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-H0NSjnFknX8/UnEOOD7fF7I/AAAAAAACJqU/owYH7d8OmXw/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
Forbes just released its World's Most Powerful People list and put Russian president Vladamir Putin ahead of US president Barack Obama. That's wack! They also said Dangote is more powerful than President Goodluck Jonathan. Dangote was placed 64th most powerful person in the world, Jonathan didn't make the list. See the rest after the cut...
[img]http://2.bp..com/-HAAxCwB8Lj0/UnEQHOCWayI/AAAAAAACJqs/TCJ8MNI3lIE/s1600/Untitled8.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-YK9S7VSkC7Y/UnEQHlKl9GI/AAAAAAACJq0/pu5-DAieJmM/s1600/2.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-EECasZIdGOQ/UnEQIDPb9_I/AAAAAAACJq8/EtDEbx_t_SY/s1600/3.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TB61IrMlq4s/UnEQIs1mw0I/AAAAAAACJrE/ZlamQ9VJUxQ/s1600/4.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-W2oGrIFSB58/UnEQ7BMZRJI/AAAAAAACJrY/d_Oi4CJdsKQ/s1600/1.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/--xjuI3ulrtQ/UnEQJcjpCcI/AAAAAAACJrI/gYMF4N3K_c8/s1600/5.png[/img]

More Hot News/Gist @ http:///C2jqI
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by BigBelleControl(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Obama should be no 3 and Dangote is more influential than GEJ, agreed.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
I go with the list. Putin deserves the number 1 spot. He got balls not like d egoitic Obama. As for GEJ he might be powerful in Nigeria because he is the president but the world @large knows he isn't but Dangote is
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by WorldGreatest1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
space booked
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by snoopy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Am not surprised dangote is seen as more powerful than jonathan. Jonathan has not really asserted himself as the commander in chief. He's not as bullish as he should on critical decisions and that's why he sometimes appear clueless which may not necessarily be the case.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
What? No yorubaman?

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Rossikk(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
So Dangote is the most powerful black person in the world after Barack Obama, according to Forbes.

That sure is some compliment. wink
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Ditoya(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dangote didnt bcom a govt official b4 he bcam rich na.Its jux ryt.Congrats sir!
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Katsumoto: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
National

On what basis is Putin more powerful than Obama? Within Russia, Putin relies on crackdowns to suppress the voice of the people.

Obama on the other, despite opposition to his office by racists, is ploughing ahead.

International

Who actually consorts with Putin? He is derided by the EU and not trusted by the Asians.

What bloc does Putin actually control?
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Parisfran(f): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: What? No yorubaman?

Oga, I hope you are joking. Do you think it is Charlatans that prepared that list?
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Tolexander: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Reminds me of our primary school song;

Dangote power, super power!

Jonathan power, powerless power!
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Goddex: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dangote appears to be the only African in that list.
Or am not seeing well?
Even the South African President's name Jacob Zuma is missing.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by MiguelMi6(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Katsumoto: National

On what basis is Putin more powerful than Obama? Within Russia, Putin relies on crackdowns to suppress the voice of the people.

Obama on the other, despite opposition to his office by racists, is ploughing ahead.

International

Who actually consorts with Putin? He is derided by the EU and not trusted by the Asians.

What bloc does Putin actually control?

i couldn't agree any better.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by fr3do(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
I don't get it,powerful in what sense? military,financial or influence?
Forbes and their yeye lists
Putin is more autocratic than Obama
no p with that
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by lincolnj88: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Kai no yoruba intellectuals....aba no tinubu no soyinka

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by freakcin: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
I want to believe that Putin got top spot simply for the role he played in diffusing the Syrian crisis!

Another gung ho mission on Syria would've have caused more harm than good to world stability and economy. Heck, it could escalate to WW3, religious war (Syria's proximity to Israel) or at the very least a protracted war with lot of tension around the world. Forbes must have been thinking business when they made that list. grin
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by benkings(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tolexander: Reminds me of our primary school song;

ur primary school sonq like seriously ? So what class are u nw Primary 5 or 6

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by oduaboy1: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
lincolnj88: Kai no yoruba intellectuals....aba no tinubu no soyinka
why are you so daft,can you show us the almighty ibo intellectuals on the list.

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Tolexander: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
benkings: ur primary school sonq like seriously ? So what class are u nw Primary 5 or 6
5 and still your 10-year senior.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by ektbear: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Katsumoto: National

The US is a far more powerful nation than Russia. However, Obama has a much smaller fraction of his nation's power than Putin does (in part due to the constitutional limits on the power of the presidency, a somewhat strong opposition party).

So I think it is fair to say that Putin is more powerful than Obama.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Fkforyou(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice...I support Forbes list,Putin is one politician I respect very much,with all d bugging and spy of citizens by d NSA dey can't try it with Russia cos they know d kind of person they are dealing with...Putin opposses Obama without any form of biasness or fear he goes straight to d point.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by ektbear: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
musiwa112: tinubu is not liked by most yoruba people.

Is there a map to support this claim? wink
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by nameo: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
snoopy: Am not surprised dangote is seen as more powerful than jonathan. Jonathan has not really asserted himself as the commander in chief. He's not as bullish as he should on critical decisions and that's why he sometimes appear clueless which may not necessarily be the case.

President Jonathan was declared the most powerful man on more Prestigious TIMES Magazine last year- the first such for a Nigeria President, I think.

Stop reading too much meanings to not so important things, friend
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Abbey2sam(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
If GEJ had made the list, I wouldn't have taken it serious.............the guy Is clueless

Happy for dangote................

And does it really matter who stay on the no.1 spot?
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Brimmie(m): 12:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Tolexander: Reminds me of our primary school song;

Lol.. grin grin
Dangote is Jesus in this case.. ikr!??

benkings: ur primary school sonq like seriously ? So what class are u nw Primary 5 or 6
Ode.. undecided You dont get the Joke.. it's on you 'nyway!
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2013
Putin was named 'numero uno' primarily because of the role he played in resolving the Syrian impasse, and no african leader was on the list so tis not specific to GEJ
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Katsumoto: 1:21am On Oct 31, 2013
ekt_bear:

The US is a far more powerful nation than Russia. However, Obama has a much smaller fraction of his nation's power than Putin does (in part due to the constitutional limits on the power of the presidency, a somewhat strong opposition party).

So I think it is fair to say that Putin is more powerful than Obama.

US has influence in Latin America, EU, NATO, Asia, Australia. The US still controls Japanese and German defense.

where does Russia have international influence?

Within Russia, Putin's power is mostly based on coercion and suppression of dissent.

There is no way Putin is more powerful than Obama.

In economic, military, and political areas, Obama is more powerful.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by ektbear: 2:06am On Oct 31, 2013
I agree that USA >>> Russia.

Say USA = 1000, Russia = 100.

However, Obama's "power" within the US is say 1%.

While Putin is basically 20%+.

Putin can rule Russia for the rest of his life if he likes, that is how much he completely dominates the country.

Obama on the other hand shares his power with his Democratic party, the Republicans, the House, the Senate, the 50 states, the massive US private sector, etc.

If Obama slaps me one time or rapes some woman, he is a goner...he will be impeached (well OK, if he slaps a small pikin like me nothing will happen grin ).

However, if Putin decides to wipe out some Chechen village within his country, nobody will say a word.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by seunfly: 2:06am On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

US has influence in Latin America, EU, NATO, Asia, Australia. The US still controls Japanese and German defense.

where does Russia have international influence?

Within Russia, Putin's power is mostly based on coercion and suppression of dissent.

There is no way Putin is more powerful than Obama.

In economic, military, and political areas, Obama is more powerful.
I think forbes used the last UN resolution as a basis of their judgements. If u consider the power play, the politics, the under ground military confrontation and lobby that took place in the last UN resolution over Syria, u will understand that America backdown at last minutes against the wish of their friends most especially the Saudis, it's unusual because once America has gotten to that stage, no going back it normally Russia and china that used to be in that shoe(withdrawal). So putin is directly responsible for that, that is what they use to measure power.
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Katsumoto: 2:14am On Oct 31, 2013
ekt_bear: I agree that USA >>> Russia.

Say USA = 1000, Russia = 100.

However, Obama's "power" within the US is say 1%.

While Putin is basically 20%+.

Putin can rule Russia for the rest of his life if he likes, that is how much he completely dominates the country.

Obama on the other hand shares his power with his Democratic party, the Republicans, the House, the Senate, the 50 states, the massive US private sector, etc.

If Obama slaps me one time or rapes some woman, he is a goner...he will be impeached (well OK, if he slaps a small pikin like me nothing will happen grin ).

However, if Putin decides to wipe out some Chechen village within his country, nobody will say a word.

If we use that yardstick, then all dictators are more powerful than Obama. The Saudi king would also be ahead of Obama. Power goes beyond political power, you have to include economic and military.

All American Presidents have been the most powerful men in the world until the black man becomes president. tongue
Re: Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama by Katsumoto: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2013
seunfly:
I think forbes used the last UN resolution as a basis of their judgements. If u consider the power play, the politics, the under ground military confrontation and lobby that took place in the last UN resolution over Syria, u will understand that America backdown at last minutes against the wish of their friends most especially the Saudis, it's unusual because once America has gotten to that stage, no going back it normally Russia and china that used to be in that shoe(withdrawal). So putin is directly responsible for that, that is what they use to measure power.

Russia only begged to save Assad. The back down on using force against Syria wasn't because Putin was powerful; it was because Putin begged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Molade Okoya-thomas Dies At 79 / Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash / Cct Assets Declaration Saga: How Amaechi Sold Out Saraki - Radio Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.