Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 (2911 Views)

ASUU On The Verge Of Calling Off The Strike / Latest On ASUU Strike: FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike – Maku / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by teemama20(f): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Monday, November 4, meet with the leadership of ASUU at the Presidential Villa.

This was part of the resolutions of the meeting between the ASUU leadership, Vice President Namadi Sambo and the Supervising Minister of Education on Tuesday as was first reported by this medium.

An official of the Vice President's office who pleaded anonymity told Scan News that all hands are now on deck to ensure that the universities resume next week.

The official stated that the Vice President and the Supervising Minister of Education have made head-way in resolving the strike, but the final involvement of the President is to show ASUU that there is the commitment of the Federal Government at the highest level.

It was learnt that the President has been fully briefed on steps taken by Vice President Namadi Sambo and the Supervising Minister of Education to get to this point.

It was learnt that the President will at next Monday's meeting present to the ASUU leadership the administration's last concession for them to call off the prolonged strike.

A source at the Presidential Villa noted that if ASUU fails to call off, the Federal Government will then resort to plan B, which will be to compulsorily open the universities, using the instrumentality of the governing councils and the school managements.

Already, most of the governing councils of the universities have started meeting to work out modalities for the compulsory re-opening of the universities should ASUU fail to honour the personal request of President Jonathan.

Scan News gathered that the Supervising Minister of Education, Barr.

Nyesom Wike and the Vice Chancellors of Public Universities also discussed the re-opening of the schools last Monday. Most of the Vice Chancellors suggested the compulsory re-opening of the schools, should the last ditch efforts fail.

It was gathered that security report available to the Presidency may have necessitated this line of action to salvage the universities system from the direction it is facing at present.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/127859/1/president-jonathan-to-meet-ASUU-on-monday-november.html
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by dryakson(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
Story story,
Once upon a time,
There was a time ASUU and FG......
To be continued

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
na 2day dem jst dey MEAT? Make dem even BEEF xef.. E nr concern me.. Am enjoying d monthly salary i earn frm dz milk factory grin
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by abfan(m): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
another super story.....
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
make i book space, incase it reaches the front page!!!!!!! OSHE!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue haters embarassed tongue tongue tongue
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by survivor10(m): 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Finally ASUU strike wan end...anyway,ASUU fought lyk a man shaa!
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Bunker(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
A new Day, a new hope, a new story about ASUU...talking about re-opening schools, if they have lost the key let them break it.
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by drered(m): 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
Forcefully reopen the universities for students to do what exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Funpeter: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Light @ the end of the tunnel, prays this work
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by ogeoflyf(f): 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Until I see myslf for skul, recevin lectures. I no go believe angry

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Dannyxy(m): 11:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
I hv made up mind nt to hope too much, bt hope 4 the best... LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS, OLUWA IS INVOLVE
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by dondiggy: 12:50am On Oct 31, 2013
same old story,
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by taiwoliu(m): 12:57am On Oct 31, 2013
make una never resolve am, kuku wait til january abi whts d difference?
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by BCELLS(m): 1:10am On Oct 31, 2013
This is really so impressive I feel so excited already!...no skepticism about this it would eventually end in praise...&I quote''should ASUU fails to call off the strike federal government will improvise plan B''Tongue out 2ASUU.GEJ,till 2019 !you'l surely have the votes of my household&I
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by emmanugo: 3:10am On Oct 31, 2013
Same old story...anoda version..predictable scenes..seems dis guyz are learnin frm nollywood...anyway i don grab ma popcorn**Light On:........Action**.... Wait 1st...**Cut** We avnt even Given a name to dis Movie...mtcheew shakin ma head n disapointmnt wishin i was neva here.... am out

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Ollybarbie219(f): 3:27am On Oct 31, 2013
emmanugo: Same old story...anoda version..predictable scenes..seems dis guyz are learnin frm nollywood...anyway i don grab ma popcorn**Light On:........Action**.... Wait 1st...**Cut** We avnt even Given a name to dis Movie...mtcheew shakin ma head n disapointmnt wishin i was neva here.... am out
*The chronicles of ASUU/fg* season 24
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by kcy(m): 4:53am On Oct 31, 2013
dis week episode might finally be real,if nt season film continue
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Gboyee4fun(m): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2013
If so, praise God. If not, praise .........
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2013
Yawning* same old bullsHeet
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Damlesky(m): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2013
and so? undecided undecided undecided
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by amlos007(m): 6:49am On Oct 31, 2013
And I just started enjoying my supplying bizness.
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by striker9(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2013
Watching Fg and ASUU in HD.November 4 it is.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by olalekan1(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2013
I think this will yeild the desired result.
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2013
I just hope the Monday meeting solve this issue because the option does not sound too Good to me, it will brew further crises.
B_CELLS: This is really so impressive I feel so excited already!...no skepticism about this it would eventually end in praise...&I quote''should ASUU fails to call off the strike federal government will improvise plan B''Tongue out 2ASUU.GEJ,till 2019 !you'l surely have the votes of my household&I
Don't you people have anything in your brain apart from 2015 election? So what happens afterwards? Let us hope and pray that the meeting on Monday resolve this issue if not forcing the Universities to open will ferment more trouble. Will the students resume to teach themselves?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by tsleazy(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2013
Pls....ASUU i smell rat oh !!...and pls if u meet madame patience on the way to baba Goodluck, pls greet her for me...
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by iamteaser: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2013
GEJ please call these people that call themselves ASUU back to order, they really mean no good for the education sector, they only want their share of the 'oyel' money. Then we hear the same misappropiation abi na maladministration stories
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by BCELLS(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: I just hope the Monday meeting solve this issue because the option does not sound too Good to me, it will brew further crises.
Don't you people have anything in your brain apart from 2015 election? So what happens afterwards? Let us hope and pray that the meeting on Monday resolve this issue if not forcing the Universities to open will ferment more trouble. Will the students resume to teach themselves?
What do you possess in your own fish brainIt will resolve it we should all be optimistic and prayerful,huh?!..from an impeccable source,most lecturers are tired sick of the strike and can't wait to resume back to work.consequently,if ASUU declines to call off the strike the plan B will certainly work out#rest assured#
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by peter1994(m): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2013
.dat means i gats resume jarcking

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Wislet(f): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2013
ALL THESE PROMISES UPON PROMISES.

Promises to ASUP, they called off their strike with one month ultimatum that they allowed to extend to almost 3 months.... Yet no fruition. THIS YEAR.

Is it now a 4 YEAR agreement that you have already said you CANNOT fulfil that you will just lay up promises upon promises AGAIn and it will be called off?

The day Nigerians realize that the educational sector in this country needs SERIOUS HELP, that is the day the much needed change will begin to happen.

Every year 'uneducated graduates' keep on emerging from our so-called Universities....doctors that are unqualified to treat a living being, nurses that lack the etiquette required of their profession, electrical engineers that cannot wire a building...the list is endless.

YET, we cannot open our eyes to see all these decay.
It is not a matter of rushing in to answer 'student', after school(and even while you are still in there) WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

Can you defend what you are studying/studied? Do you know the core of what your area of study is all about? Or is your life's ambition to acquire and carry around a certificate.....that paper that you have decided is your LIFE?

In Nigeria, paper certificate is life. No one cares to have a deeper knowledge of anything. That is why we continually see the Western world as superior, they have taken the time to really learn and practice(hands on)with what nature has bestowed upon the earth....ours is to spew theories of what we haven't confirmed ourselves(we only heard them say so, therefore it is so).

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by obinoral(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2013
Hoping for the best.
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Kaydem(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2013
This is another SUPER STORY!!!!#silently singing in Adenuga's Voice....
E be like say dey wan tell us another story again ooo#singing in 2face voice with 2 bottles of chilled vodka in my hand.... Anyway the proposed Monday is just around the corner...lez hope its work out well...
Re: President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4 by Sermwell(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2013
I won't say anything now untill this gets to front page!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: 15-year-old Scores Highest In 2019 UTME / I Applied For Nursing Science But I Was Given Electrical Electronics Engineering / Two Beautiful Nigerian Sisters Bag PhD On The Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.