Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows (2) (398 Views)

Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Boko-Haram Spies Sent To Oyedepo's Church Ran Mad? / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows (2) by SonofIssachar: 1:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; – Isaiah 53:4

Apart from coming to address the root of our pains and sorrows, Jesus also came to take away our actual sorrows and grief when we experience such. He does this by taking our place and bearing the weights of our failures, depression, sadness, mourning, grief, weaknesses, and other vicissitudes of life; whilst offering us His peace and comfort in return.

However, He does this only to those who consciously invite Him into their situation and consciously surrender their condition to Him. That is why you often hear or read about people saying that they experienced an indescribable peace as soon as they called upon Jesus concerning some nagging matter in their lives. But, remember the catch, He ministers solace only to those who call on Him. That is why He graciously threw an open invitation to everyone saying, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:28-29).

Therefore, even if you find yourself legitimately in mess on account of your mistake or an error in judgement, your case is not beyond His control, as He has declared in His word that, “Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, And the prey of the terrible be delivered” (Isaiah 49:25). No matter the situation, He is up to it.

Jesus has come to bear our grief and sorrows, and He has successfully accomplished all that He came to do on earth. We only short-change ourselves when we take on the beatings of life on our own and commit nothing to Him.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew app on your Blackberry device, click on http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29262893

God bless you as you share!

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Thursday Oct 31st 2013 / One Thing. / Why Was There A Tree Of Life In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.