Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413591 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by haon: 2:42pm On May 29, 2020
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2020
emperorsversion:
[b][/b]

I really do not understand why they took off that topic of yours.... though I was told that Amazon never allows write-ups on Corona virus...

Okay. I guess my book was published shortly before they stopped allowing books on Corona virus
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KaBabs1: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hi everyone. I was trying to purchase a book off kindle for free and I got the message below but I'm not sure I understand it's mean. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks in advance.

Your current digital account setting does not allow you to subscribe for Kindle Unlimited on amazon.com. Please contact customer service to learn about Kindle Unlimited availability in your local Amazon website.

mcslize
mk82
immanuelar
silvoice
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bjstardom(m): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
KaBabs1:
Hi everyone. I was trying to purchase a book off kindle for free and I got the message below but I'm not sure I understand it's mean. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks in advance.

Your current digital account setting does not allow you to subscribe for Kindle Unlimited on amazon.com. Please contact customer service to learn about Kindle Unlimited availability in your local Amazon website.

mcslize
mk82
immanuelar
silvoice

Kindle is not available for Nigerians to purchase or read. Only paperback is available
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KaBabs1: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
bjstardom:

Kindle is not available for Nigerians to purchase or read. Only paperback is available

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by silvoice(m): 6:46am On Jun 04, 2020
KaBabs1:

mcslize
mk82
immanuelar
silvoice
I don't think Is the Kindle not being available for Nigerians rather the Kindle free books
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2020
Do you need Publisher Rocket? I can give to you for a token. Reach me on 08027395990 let's talk.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by micholo123(m): 7:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Godmother:
Do you need Publisher Rocket? I can give to you for a token. Reach me on 0802739590 let's talk.
The phone no is incomplete
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2020
micholo123:

The phone no is incomplete

Sorry for that. The complete one is there now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by silvoice(m): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2020
silvoice:

Are you an Author: Novelist, Playwright or a Conventional Blog Writer? Have you been published? Then congratulation, otherwise F.Rankconsults offers you an opportunity to Edit, Format and convert your Books to an e-book that would be sold in almost all major online e-book marketing stores worldwide. Including the Amazon Kindle store, Barnes & Noble, Nook, Kobo, etc.
Allow us to convert and Publish that your Novel, Short story, Motivational books, Religious Booklet, play, etc., as an e-book; and join others who are now successful independent authors, through this online platform; with just a token.
If what you want is creative, out-of-the-box writing and innovative campaign concepts, then our team has great communication skills and excellent analytical abilities that together with our strong desire to fulfill the objective will definitely help you get the job done.
For details contact Franklin: frankforlife2013@gmail.com or call 0.9.0.8.3.9.1.8.2.4.7

you can talk to us

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Davidoff2000: 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
kay29000:

I guess we are alike. I totally understand you. I'm also a fiction writer...I have 30 stories on Nairaland literature section, and 11 novellas published across Amazon/Apple/Barnes and Noble...but yet nothing. I wasted 3-4 years writing Nigerian style novels and trying to sell on Amazon and Apple. All the while, mk82 kept telling me to stick to non-fiction, but I wouldn't listen. It was just hard for me to stick to non-fiction when everyday I wake up to a new fiction story idea.

After a while, I started out writing erotica with a female American pen name. It was much better when it came to earnings compared to my Nigerian stories, where I made just a few dollars monthly at my peak. embarassed But even at that, after about 25 short erotica stories written, I still make very little. An embarrassing $10 a month at my best month. My books are on Kindle Unlimited and they are mostly read by people on the unlimited program...so about 200 page reads of my stories only amounts to $1. Pitiful. cry

I went ahead to write one gay short story when I read how profitable the market for gay books was, but although that did better than all my other erotic books (3-4 sales monthly with no promo), I just couldn't write another. Writing that story took a toll on me.

With all that said, I will advise any newbie to stick to non-fiction. Please don't make the same mistake I made. I wrote a total of 60 stories in 5 years and made very little from it. Imagine if I had invested that time into writing non-fiction. I remember a time in 2015 when I dedicated some time to writing short 'How To' books and I was making an average of $100 monthly. I wish I had stuck with non-fiction, but the writer in me wouldn't let me. I was slipping slowly into depression cos I had this uncontrollable urge to write fiction. I guess the ability to write fiction is both a gift and curse for me.

Long story short, please stick to non-fiction.

By the way, my stories on nairaland were posted with my other account. I have noticed some people going through my posts because of this comment. I have a split personality...this is my more flexible account...not my serious account.

When pride goes before a fall.

You posted blurbs of your book here around 2015. Somebody gave you quality advice. You were very aggressive in shutting him down, told him he knew nothing and you were going to blow. He even told you to change this your funny sounding name, but you refused.

You said it was for mindshare and recall. You wanted your name to be popular, bestselling author, valid aspiration. You forgot that once your book blows, that pen name gets blown, the real writer becomes known.

But you wanted your name out there, befoe the book. Now, four years later, you have come around.

When children dont listen.meanwhile, your books still carry your real name on kindle.

To your books- you write okay. But you dont paint vivid scenarios, your stories lack synopsis, and they dont kick quick enough.

Without a good synopsis, without a quick hook on page one or two, why would anyone keep reading your book?

One was about an Abdul coming into a house, one about some kindergarten school kids playing love. One story just 13pages long. Your longest story was 79kindle pages, meaning the source file in word was only like 25 or 30pages.

The guy who adviced you told you to write more quality and longer fiction, you said you will do low content novellas and series.

Why would anyone pay you a dollar to read a 30page novella set in nigeria. If i saw a 300page kindle book, well written and set in Nigeria or siberia at 4.99 or even 9.99, i will buy.

People buy a good story, not location. Things fall apart was written in an african village, set in pre colonial times but white people,even loved it more than blacks.

The problem with most people on this thread and i have read more than 100pages so far, is that they mercenaries who are looking for a quick buck.

You are even a decent (just decent) writer, so you even stand a chance. Most of these other people will not get a dime from kindle as this thread has proved. They are just desperate to make quick money, without a story.

Thats why the nonfiction yarn as promoted by MK82 kicked in. If its non fiction, all you need to do is copy and paste, rejig, change words, pass the plagiarism test and you are on kindle. You have your How-To book or recipe, getting you $30 a month.

If its fiction? How do you do this with someone's story? Rejig? You'l be found out

There are no genuine, natural born writers here, just business men.. Even MK82 himself is just a business man who hires ghost writers for his kindle books. But atleast he has a strategy.

Many of the books written by writers here should be flushed out of amazon. They are making the whol place a mess with their low quality poorly written books- 20page recipe books, plagiarised stories sold as self help and motivational.books.

You will see the occassional $100, $300 or even buy a car, as MK82 always says of his mentees, but long term, you wont make anything out of this.

I have been a writer since i was 8years and i can tell you confidently that you cant write a well researched 200page, MS Word manuscript in under a month. No matter how fast and inspired you are. That is almost 300pages or more on kindle.

Just writing o- you havent editted, you havent proofread, you havent published and (now marketted on kindle), yet people are here saying they write 5books a week. How? Ghostwriters. If they were that good, they will be challenging for a spot on the kindle bestseller list.

With all these 10,000word efforts, you havent written a book, you have written a pamphlet. You think its without reason that the likes of Clancy, Ludlum etc wrote barely a dozen or two dozen books over a lifetime and writing career spanning 65years?

Someone even came here, saying he wrote a 198,000 word book in two days. Almost 200k word book fa. In kindle that is almost 1,000pages in two days. Atleast MK82 shut him up.

What manner of fuckery?

Thats why the enthusiasm on this thread is dying down, because they all thought, writing a book and being a bestseller is mashing up material on the internet and publishing a pamphlet as a book on kindle, littering the whole place with junk and bragging i have 100books, i have 200books.

Rubbish.

Research your niche, write a quality story that should be atleast 50,000 words long or 250pages on kindle and do your marketting.

If you get 5,000downloads of that book every month you are good- fiction or non fiction, location Nigeria or American(but pen name shd be foreign). Frederick Forsyth wrote Nigeria themed stories.

If you want, write junk 20word recipes or nooks on weight loss or how to books, you will just be wasting your time on Amazon.

There's a difference between a writer and a publisher/businessman. MK82 is a publisher cum business man who curates other peoples writing and publishes it as his, making his cool money.

You are writer who writes, but can now throughAmazon, publish your work too, and make money. But you must have talent, do this or just bring out money and get ghost writers , to atleast write you high quality content, so you can be publisher business man too.

Choose your hustle, properly.
White people are very smart, they now know better.

OP, thanks for this thread by the way. God will bless you

15 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Lolo24: 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Davidoff2000:

You posted blurbs of your book here around 2015. Somebody gave you quality advice. You were very aggressive in shutting him down, told him he knew nothing and you were going to blow. He even told you to change this your funny sounding name, but you refused.

You said it was for mindshare and recall. You wanted your name to be popular, bestselling author, valid aspiration. You forgot that once your book blows, that pen name gets blown, the real writer becomes known.

But you wanted your name out there, befoe the book. Now, four years later, you have come around.

When children dont listen.meanwhile, your books still carry your real name on kindle.

To your books- you write okay. But you dont paint vivid scenarios, your stories lack synopsis, and they dont kick quick enough.

Without a good synopsis, without a quick hook on page one or two, why would anyone keep reading your book?

One was about an Abdul coming into a house, one about some kindergarten school kids playing love. One story just 13pages long. Your longest story was 79kindle pages, meaning the source file in word was only like 25 or 30pages.

The guy who adviced you told you to write more quality and longer fiction, you said you will do low content novellas and series.

Why would anyone pay you a dollar to read a 30page novella set in nigeria. If i saw a 300page kindle book, well written and set in Nigeria or siberia at 4.99 or even 9.99, i will buy.

People buy a good story, not location. Things fall apart was written in an african village, set in pre colonial times but white people,even loved it more than blacks.

The problem with most people on this thread and i have read more than 100pages so far, is that they mercenaries who are looking for a quick buck.

You are even a decent (just decent) writer, so you even stand a chance. Most of these other people will not get a dime from kindle as this thread has proved. They are just desperate to make quick money, without a story.

Thats why the nonfiction yarn as promoted by MK82 kicked in. If its non fiction, all you need to do is copy and paste, rejig, change words, pass the plagiarism test and you are on kindle. You have your How-To book or recipe, getting you $30 a month.

If its fiction? How do you do this with someone's story? Rejig? You'l be found out

There are no genuine, natural born writers here, just business men.. Even MK82 himself is just a business man who hires ghost writers for his kindle books. But atleast he has a strategy.

Many of the books written by writers here should be flushed out of amazon. They are making the whol place a mess with their low quality poorly written books- 20page recipe books, plagiarised stories sold as self help and motivational.books.

You will see the occassional $100, $300 or even buy a car, as MK82 always says of his mentees, but long term, you wont make anything out of this.

I have been a writer since i was 8years and i can tell you confidently that you cant write a well researched 200page, MS Word manuscript in under a month. No matter how fast and inspired you are. That is almost 300pages or more on kindle.

Just writing o- you havent editted, you havent proofread, you havent published and (now marketted on kindle), yet people are here saying they write 5books a week. How? Ghostwriters. If they were that good, they will be challenging for a spot on the kindle bestseller list.

With all these 10,000word efforts, you havent written a book, you have written a pamphlet. You think its without reason that the likes of Clancy, Ludlum etc wrote barely a dozen or two dozen books over a lifetime and writing career spanning 65years?

Someone even came here, saying he wrote a 198,000 word book in two days. Almost 200k word book fa. In kindle that is almost 1,000pages in two days. Atleast MK82 shut him up.

What manner of fuckery?

Thats why the enthusiasm on this thread is dying down, because they all thought, writing a book and being a bestseller is mashing up material on the internet and publishing a pamphlet as a book on kindle, littering the whole place with junk and bragging i have 100books, i have 200books.

Rubbish.

Research your niche, write a quality story that should be atleast 50,000 words long or 250pages on kindle and do your marketting.

If you get 5,000downloads of that book every month you are good- fiction or non fiction, location Nigeria or American(but pen name shd be foreign). Frederick Forsyth wrote Nigeria themed stories.

If you want, write junk 20word recipes or nooks on weight loss or how to books, you will just be wasting your time on Amazon.

There's a difference between a writer and a publisher/businessman. MK82 is a publisher cum business man who curates other peoples writing and publishes it as his, making his cool money.

You are writer who writes, but can now throughAmazon, publish your work too, and make money. But you must have talent, do this or just bring out money and get ghost writers , to atleast write you high quality content, so you can be publisher business man too.

Your comment was long but I just couldn't stop reading. Thank you for the tips.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Galacious1: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
@Davidoff2000

Enlightening
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Meedon: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Old school Goalnaldo

Davidoff2000:

What manner of fuckery?

Rubbish.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Davidoff2000:

What manner of fuckery?

Rubbish.

Thanks so much for this, brother. God bless you enormously and endlessly.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by emperorsversion(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Davidoff2000:

What manner of fuckery?

Rubbish.

You have said it all and again you have resuscitated our passion... Thanks alot bro...

Lots of lies are canvassed here... imagine someone saying he wrote 198,000 words in just 2 days... Na was ooo....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Meedon: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
emperorsversion:

You have said it all and again you have resuscitated our passion... Thanks alot bro...

Lots of lies are canvassed here... imagine someone saying he wrote 198,000 words in just 2 days... Na was ooo....

Continue

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ineaghe(m): 10:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Davidoff2000:

Sound advice sir. I was beginning to wonder if I was the odd one out.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Davidoff2000:

What manner of fuckery?

Rubbish.

Hahaha boss you are funny, i discovered amazon kdp here on nairaland and quickly opened a payoneer and Amazon account, wrote a book or trash that not up to 2000 words with my phone and got disappointed, did same with my other two books but at least they are up to 2k words but still got nothing, but I noticed all may ku reads were not more than one page so I did some research and realized it took more than a month to write a decent book, so I have decided to take my time and also invite my sister and two of my friends to write short books of 5k words together with my pc, I know it sounds small but it's part a new strategy iIcan't tell, i will upload all the books on KU this time.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Prinss: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Get in touch for your E-book cover designs at affordable prices
Whatsapp: 07010412977

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KaBabs1: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
silvoice:
I don't think Is the Kindle not being available for Nigerians rather the Kindle free books

Thanks a lot!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by awoofawoo: 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Getting quality ebook cover isn't easy, but we you work with us be rest assured of the best cover done for you the way you want it!

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by justi4jesu(f): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Please contact me for all your Fiverr Paypal Withdrawals, Upwork Paypal Withdrawals, Freelancer Paypal Withdrawal, domain sales from Godaddy, afternic, Fivesquid, skrill, payoneer, BITCOIN to us at sweet rates........

We buy everyday

Contact me on whatsapp for swift deal

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by silvoice(m): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Are you an Author: Novelist, Playwright or a Conventional Blog Writer? Have you been published? Then congratulation, otherwise F.Rankconsults offers you an opportunity to Edit, Format and convert your Books to an e-book that would be sold in almost all major online e-book marketing stores worldwide. Including the Amazon Kindle store, Barnes & Noble, Nook, Kobo, etc.
Allow us to convert and Publish that your Novel, Short story, Motivational books, Religious Booklet, play, etc., as an e-book; and join others who are now successful independent authors, through this online platform; with just a token.
If what you want is creative, out-of-the-box writing and innovative campaign concepts, then our team has great communication skills and excellent analytical abilities that together with our strong desire to fulfill the objective will definitely help you get the job done.
For details contact Franklin: frankforlife2013@gmail.com or call 0.9.0.8.3.9.1.8.2.4.7
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hello gurus in the house I greet u all

Please I have a question..... I just started publishing and I took some content from some sources as I don't know it all but I rewrote them and then checked it using free plagarism checker some came out 100percent while some 90 and above.... please does it mean am good to go.

Note the percentage was authentic content with few percentage plagarism

Is it safe to publish?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by emperorsversion(m): 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunna25:

Please I have a question..... I just started publishing and I took some content from some sources as I don't know it all but I rewrote them and then checked it using free plagarism checker some came out 100percent while some 90 and above.... please does it mean am good to go.

Is it safe to publish?

did it say plagiarism free when it brought out the percentage.... also, what plagiarism app did you use ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ufotty2001: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Akunna25:

Is it safe to publish?
Stop using free plagiarism tools. They will put you in trouble.. my subscription will soon expire ... DM me let put resources together and pay for monthly subscription.. quetext.com is the best paid tools I have ever seen. I need only 2 persons.. unanghope@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.