Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413168 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ufotty2001: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lolo24:

3 books and $20 is good sha. Keep writing on researched keywords, one day you'll find your winner
Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ufotty2001: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lolo24:

3 books and $20 is good sha. Keep writing on researched keywords, one day you'll find your winner
Thanks very much..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Crayfish09: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
@Oga MK82. You publish through smashwords, please how do you withdraw? They only pay via PayPal which has banned Nigerians.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Crayfish09: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
kay29000:
Hello people...is there anyone here that writes Erotica for Amazon Kindle market? I was into it like 2-3 years ago, and although I didn't make so much, it had a promising market. I want to know how the market is right now.

Please if you are making your Amazon money from writing erotica, let me know. Thanks.

I stopped writing it last year. Its very profitable if you target the right niches. Whites have crazy fetishes and they hardly care about random sex. Take for example, you will make more money publishing a story about a woman sitting on the face of a man or about a man licking the foot of a woman than you will make when publish a normal sex story. Just think of crazy sexual fantasies and write about them. Vanilla sex is a no no!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by articlewriter: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Contact me for your withdrawals.

Crayfish09:
@Oga MK82. You publish through smashwords, please how do you withdraw? They only pay via PayPal which has banned Nigerians.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Grupo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lolo24:

R u into lcb?
no
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Crayfish09:
I no longer use them. Then they used to allow payment through Payoneer if you cross a particular threshold (can't remember the amount now).
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Grupo(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
mk82:

I no longer use them. Then they used to allow payment through Payoneer if you cross a particular threshold (can't remember the amount now).

Are you still into publishing as a whole? Or you have moved to something else?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
ufotty2001:
thanks bro
You are welcome. Let me also make you understand that kdp is a game of number if you don't have money to promote your books like me, just ensure to be ready to write your ass off. Not LCB or NCB o. Those are for lazy guys looking for a fast way out. Over the course of 4 years, i was able to get 110 well written non-fiction books and it resulted in btw $3000 to $3500 monthly organic sales.

Quick tip: Don't look at you dash board, write the first book, publish, go to the next one, publish. Just keep doing it. Its a lonely life, but you will come out strong on the other side.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Virgo01(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
obamartins:
You are welcome. Let me also make you understand that kdp is a game of number if you don't have money to promote your books like me, just ensure to be ready to write your ass off. Not LCB or NCB o. Those are for lazy guys looking for a fast way out. Over the course of 4 years, i was able to get 110 well written non-fiction books and it resulted in btw $3000 to $3500 monthly organic sales.

Quick tip: Don't look at you dash board, write the first book, publish, go to the next one, publish. Just keep doing it. Its a lonely life, but you will come out strong on the other side.
That's nice. But LCB/NCB is not for lazy people looking for a fast way out. It also has its rules and research process. If you go out there just dumping hundreds of notebooks you'd make nothing.

Someone like shashwat is making 10k or more from only LCB/NCB.
I too am grateful I got to know about it. So no, it's not for lazy people.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Lyydia(f): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Virgo01:

That's nice. But LCB/NCB is not for lazy people looking for a fast way out. It also has its rules and research process. If you go out there just dumping hundreds of notebooks you'd make nothing.

I just giggled here when I read that post grin
Lazy people.. Lol. Like u can just do any LCB nd start making money
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ufotty2001: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
obamartins:

thanks for ur encouragement.. I really appreciate...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Virgo01:

I see people churn out 1000 NCB and LCB (journals, notebooks, youtube planners, etc) in a week with nothing to show cry If it was so cool why is ingramSpark banning them on their site. Amazon may follow suit. Some people have over 10,000 NCB and could barely make $1000 a month.

Well, I have little reservation for LCB if you are doing some illustrations and adult coloring books, even at that, it is saturated. If i have 1000 well-written books i will conveniently cross $20,000 a month. Forget those guys on Youtube, they are after lazy people who don't want to write but want to cash out on kdp. They know those lazy folks give them more views and they cashout from Youtube.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lyydia:

I just giggled here when I read that post grin
Lazy people.. Lol. Like u can just do any LCB nd start making money

grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by pabon(m): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
obamartins:

I so much appreciate this. Keep coming around, sir. I don't even care if you'd keep saying the same thing. Just need more of your positivity around. Reading this, I felt a burst of adrenaline. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Virgo01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
obamartins:

I see people churn out 1000 NCB and LCB (journals, notebooks, youtube planners, etc) in a week with nothing to show cry If it was so cool why is ingramSpark banning them on their site. Amazon may follow suit. Some people have over 10,000 NCB and could barely make $1000 a month.

Well, I have little reservation for LCB if you are doing some illustrations and adult coloring books, even at that, it is saturated. If i have 1000 well-written books i will conveniently cross $20,000 a month. Forget those guys on Youtube, they are after lazy people who don't want to write but want to cash out on kdp. They know those lazy folks give them more views and they cashout from Youtube.
Even here too, you see people who have written books but have made barely nothing from them because they didn't do their due diligence. Nothing is guaranteed.

It's the same thing with NCB/LCB. If you do your niche research well and publish a journal that took you less than 30 mins to make, you can make as much as anyone writing full content books but if you just churn them out, you may make nothing.

Journals still sell and that's why Amazon won't ban them. It all depends on preference though. For me, I'd rather spend less time and publish LCB/NCB rather than spending a week to write a book that might not take off.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Virgo01:

Even here too, you see people who have written books but have made barely nothing from them because they didn't do their due diligence. Nothing is guaranteed.

It's the same thing with NCB/LCB. If you do your niche research well and publish a journal that took you less than 30 mins to make, you can make as much as anyone writing full content books but if you just churn them out, you may make nothing.

Journals still sell and that's why Amazon won't ban them. It all depends on preference though. For me, I'd rather spend less time and publish LCB/NCB rather than spending a week to write a book that might not take off.

okay
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AIT1(m): 12:58am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

Thanks for this words bro.

It means a lot!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AIT1(m): 1:02am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

Please,
What's the Average word count of your books?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Virgo01(m): 1:25am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

okay
Yeah.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AIT1(m): 2:53am On Jul 11, 2020
Virgo01:

Yeah.

Bro, will you mentor me on LCB and NCB abeg
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Grupo:

Are you still into publishing as a whole? Or you have moved to something else?
Publishing is still my day job.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ufotty2001: 3:22am On Jul 11, 2020
ambitiouschap17:
I have 82 books all total

13 written
51 low content book
18 public domain book

I have not make up to $20 in a month my highest is $18 on March, and August 28 will be a year I started publishing, I have see all my mistakes as keep on publishing, it can only get better.

It can only get better, don't quit.
thanks for ur advice

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2020
AIT1:

Please,
What's the Average word count of your books?
Minimum 10k, max 20k
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ambitiouschap17: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

Minimum 10k, max 20k

Is there a way to know the total page a book will be on Kindle, I have a 120 pages on word but it's showing 80 on Amazon?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AIT1(m): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

Minimum 10k, max 20k

Okay, thanks.

Please, I'm still hoping you will conduct another self-publishing tutorial as you did some months ago. I just started self-publishing about 2 months ago and hence I missed out on the opportunity.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ambitiouschap17: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2020
Virgo01:

Yeah.

Can you drop your contact on a dead thread. Lost most of my contact didn't back up my phone
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2020
AIT1:

Okay, thanks.

Please, I'm still hoping you will conduct another self-publishing tutorial as you did some months ago. I just started self-publishing about 2 months ago and hence I missed out on the opportunity.

Thanks

i am not sure i will do that anytime this year. Its very demanding and distracting too.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by LadySarah: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

i am not sure i will do that anytime this year. Its very demanding and distracting too.

I missed out on last yrs own cos of the remote place I was then. It's saddened me greatly cos I had looked forward to it.

We will patiently wait. Yes!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by obamartins(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2020
ambitiouschap17:

Is there a way to know the total page a book will be on Kindle, I have a 120 pages on word but it's showing 80 on Amazon?

120 pages work on A4 is huge. Yeah, publishing as a doc file, amazon will scale the pages down, but the good thing about uploading in docx file is that all buyers can access all your books irrespective of what device they use. Alternatively, some writers use either 5.5" x 8.5" or 6" x 9" which is smaller than A4 and then covert it to PDF and later .kpf(print replica) using amazon's textbook creator to get more pages. The drawback, however, of using print replica is that buyers with Kindle paperwhite and Kindle Oasis won't be able to purchase your books. When i was using print replica, i got some negative reviews because of that. So i still encourage you upload a well formated docx file even if your book page count is squeezed. You can always depend on paperback sales to make up for the difference.

Sorry for the typos.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ambitiouschap17: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2020
obamartins:

120 pages work on A4 is huge. Yeah, publishing as a doc file, amazon will scale the pages down, but the good thing about uploading in docx file is that all buyers can access all your books irrespective of what device they use. Alternatively, some writers use either 5.5" x 8.5" or 6" x 9" which is smaller than A4 and then covert it to PDF and later .kpf(print replica) using amazon's textbook creator to get more pages. The drawback, however, of using print replica is that buyers with Kindle paperwhite and Kindle Oasis won't be able to purchase your books. When i was using print replica, i got some negative reviews because of that. So i still encourage you upload a well formated docx file even if your book page count is squeezed. You can always depend on paperback sales to make up for the difference.

Sorry for the typos.

Thanks for the info
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Mcslize: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2020
ambitiouschap17:

You've not made above $20?

Pls try and do keywords research before writing. Don't just write. First hunt for profitable keywords.

If you write blindly, your books won't sell. Doing keywords research before writing helps you find profitable keywords that can bring in $15 to $20 daily at least for starters. Mutliply that by 30 days, that's something.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.