Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413008 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
For those of you that have started working on books, ensure your research is properly done. Don't just 'think up' a topic to write a book on. Make sure you research and find a keyword that is selling on Amazon kindle. Even if the niche is popular on Google or clickbank, Amazon is the ultimate test.
Another tip: Avoid niches where all d bestselling books are by celebrity authors.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by InfoWhiz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Thanks OP for this thread. The following questions are bothering me:
Do i need to have my payooner card on ground before publishing my book or wait till when i want to withdraw?

While signing up, i saw a section for my bank details. I'm i to fill my local bank details there or what?

Also, i saw a segment for tax details while signing up, is mandatory to fill this section?

Your prompt answer will b appreciatd. God bless
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
InfoWhiz: Thanks OP for this thread. The following questions are bothering me:
Do i need to have my payooner card on ground before publishing my book or wait till when i want to withdraw?

While signing up, i saw a section for my bank details. I'm i to fill my local bank details there or what?

Also, i saw a segment for tax details while signing up, is mandatory to fill this section?

Your prompt answer will b appreciatd. God bless
1. You can start without d payoneer card.
2. D bank details is for your American bank acct not local bank.
3. You have to fill the tax details as a formality. there is really no information to supply since u are a Nigerian. Just tick the necessary boxes and write ur name as the electronic signature.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Work on fiction books more.

If you will ever publish a non fiction, make sure its the best and
it has what other books in that niche does not have.

better still, research a fresh niche to publish a non fiction in.

Fiction books sells like hot cake, though for a limited time but the
money I do make from fiction books within the short period of high
sales is better off 3 months sales from non fiction - maybe i'm unlucky sha.

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by darmochy1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
mk82:
1. You can start without d payoneer card.
2. D bank details is for your American bank acct not local bank.
3. You have to fill the tax details as a formality. there is really no information to supply since u are a Nigerian. Just tick the necessary boxes and write ur name as the electronic signature.
Thank you and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
suxes2005: Work on fiction books more.

If you will ever publish a non fiction, make sure its the best and
it has what other books in that niche does not have.

better still, research a fresh niche to publish a non fiction in.

Fiction books sells like hot cake, though for a limited time but the
money I do make from fiction books within the short period of high
sales is better off 3 months sales from non fiction - maybe i'm unlucky sha.

SHALOM
Disregard The Above Advice By suxes2005.

PLEASE PUT MOST OF YOUR EFFORTS ON NONFICTION
My teaching on this thread is not based on luck or hearsay. I published my first book in June 2012 though I started gathering materials from November 2011. I've personally uploaded over 100 books (for myself n others).From personal experience, d experience of people around me, d books I've read n videos watched, nonfiction is d best category for anyone who wants regular kindle income.
I have said it previously. Fiction has a very high failure rate n d competition is high.
With nonfiction, you can find niches where you can publish books that will keep selling for years. Some of my last year's books have sold 300 to 500 copies so far this year n they will continue selling in d coming years becos they are in evergreen niches.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
Second book completed now... Now remains the ecover for the book...
As for the first one, am going to be rewriting it all over again and change the cover to something better

@mk82, u talked about using the kdp select to do the free promotion, is it kindle that will do the free promotion for the book or I have to do it myself to get that many downloads for the books...
And also, do you have a particular day of launching the 2 days kdp select to get the most downloads or you just do it anytime u feel like...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
onlineresource: Second book completed now... Now remains the ecover for the book...
As for the first one, am going to be rewriting it all over again and change the cover to something better

@mk82, u talked about using the kdp select to do the free promotion, is it kindle that will do the free promotion for the book or I have to do it myself to get that many downloads for the books...
And also, do you have a particular day of launching the 2 days kdp select to get the most downloads or you just do it anytime u feel like...
1.Amazon does the promotion,u only have to set it up.Enroll or book in kdp select when publishing or after.
Login to your bookshelf, scroll to the right end of the book n click on manage benefits.At d benefits page, select free promotion n choose the dates you want.

2.I used to believe dat weekdays were better for promotions but experience has proved me wrong.Now I don't care about the days.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
mk82:
1.Amazon does the promotion,u only have to set it up.Enroll or book in kdp select when publishing or after.
Login to your bookshelf, scroll to the right end of the book n click on manage benefits.At d benefits page, select free promotion n choose the dates you want.

2.I used to believe dat weekdays were better for promotions but experience has proved me wrong.Now I don't care about the days.

Okay... I would do exactly that...
Thanks for the information...
Should get my cover ready by 2mao and upload the book.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Edmomd(m): 4:40am On Nov 13, 2013
@suxes2005 what a simple E.cover you got down there. from your book i picked some things there. Thank you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 5:14am On Nov 13, 2013
mk82:

My teaching on this thread is not based on luck or hearsay. I published my first book in June 2012 though I started gathering materials from November 2011. I've personally uploaded over 100 books (for myself n others).From personal experience, d experience of people around me, d books I've read n videos watched, nonfiction is d best category for anyone who wants regular kindle income.
I have said it previously. Fiction has a very high failure rate n d competition is high.
With nonfiction, you can find niches where you can publish books that will keep selling for years. Some of my last year's books have sold 300 to 500 copies so far this year n they will continue selling in d coming years becos they are in evergreen niches.

Funny, I guess you have to go read what I wrote and you will surely see enough senses there
Fiction and non fiction sells and your old book will only sell if its one of the best in that
category provided you got real reviews.

My first book, was submitted 08/21/2012 and you should note this, I've got only 2 fiction books
on amazon. As for me, fiction books will bring the cash for you fast and forget about competition
no one if buying a fiction book to learn something, they only wanna get entertained !

Edmomd: @suxes2005 what a simple E.cover you got down there. from your book i picked some things there. Thank you.

I'm not good at choosing colors or book design in general. Thanks bro

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:24am On Nov 13, 2013
suxes2005:

Funny, I guess you have to go read what I wrote and you will surely see enough senses there
Fiction and non fiction sells and your old book will only sell if its one of the best in that
category provided you got real reviews.

My first book, was submitted 08/21/2012 and you should note this, I've got only 2 fiction books
on amazon. As for me, fiction books will bring the cash for you fast and forget about competition
no one if buying a fiction book to learn something, they only wanna get entertained !

SHALOM

@suxes2005, now you have told us that you have only 2 fiction books on Amazon and you want people to follow you because of just two books! By the way, the book you gave a link to in page four of this thread has not sold even one copy since being published on November 7 (a week ago). When a book sells it will have an Amazon Best Sellers Rank. This one does not. Since you claim kindle "pays the bills @ least", I'll like you to show us a screen shot of your current sales so we can believe you.

Thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2013
War

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
mk82:

@suxes2005, now you have told us that you have only 2 fiction books on Amazon and you want people to follow you because of just two books! By the way, the book you gave a link to in page four of this thread has not sold even one copy since being published on November 7 (a week ago). When a book sells it will have an Amazon Best Sellers Rank. This one does not. Since you claim kindle "pays the bills @ least", I'll like you to show us a screen shot of your current sales so we can believe you.

Thank you

So its a crime to tell people what's working for me?

OKAY YOU WIN, HAPPY?

SHALOM
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
I haven't read through the thread but I can confirm that kindle publishing (and e-publishing, in general) is the best passive income opportunity on the internet. But it is HARD WORK. The best niches are recipes, preppers, erotica, new adult and get-rich-quick. You can email me at einsteinesegbue at gmail dot com for more info.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bro, there is no one size fit all here. Personally, I've had more luck with fiction. 80 percent of SELLING kindle books are fiction. However, if you are not a particularly good writer, focus on NON FICTION. Also, stop doing kdp select. Smart publishers have abandoned it. I did well with the free promos early 2012 but right now, you won't get much juice out of it. I must also add, kindle is not a shortcut to riches. Be prepared to invest time or money(ideally both). If writing is something you love, then this could be something to make a few bucks from.
mk82:

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
@mk82, am through with the next book and i have uploaded it to amazon for review before it can be live.

will launch the kdp select for the book tomorrow and will see how its goes...

going back to the first book that was written and publish to redo it and relaunch it again.

will post the link once the book goes live on amazon kindle.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2013
onlineresource: @mk82, am through with the next book and i have uploaded it to amazon for review before it can be live.

will launch the kdp select for the book tomorrow and will see how its goes...

going back to the first book that was written and publish to redo it and relaunch it again.

will post the link once the book goes live on amazon kindle.
Glad you're making progress. If you have any issues, let me know.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Smyblueboy(m): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2013
Hmm.. Tnx alot for dis great teaching.am a new student here.. Av been following since reading and learning so interesting ...pls permit me 2 ask, like how many books can you upload on kdp at a time pls..God bless u
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Smyblueboy: Hmm.. Tnx alot for dis great teaching.am a new student here.. Av been following since reading and learning so interesting ...pls permit me 2 ask, like how many books can you upload on kdp at a time pls..God bless u

As many as possible provided you are not uploading PLR crap.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Smyblueboy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Tnx alot for the reply. Done wit a book i want test d system with...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM
One of the main problems you have to overcome when creating Kindle ebooks is that of copied content. This is a challenge whether you are outsourcing or writing your books by yourself. Amazon does not accept content that is freely available on the internet. If you submit copied content, you'll be warned and a repeat may lead to the account being blocked.
This is a real concern if you are writing nonfiction.
Because:
-You cannot creat facts
- You must get material from already existing sources.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Get your materials from multiple sources -eBooks, physical books & reputable websites.
2. Ensure that every sentence and paragraph is properly rewritten. Even if you are writing recipes, d order of the ingredients can be changed and the directions written in your own words.
3. If you are modelling a particular successful book, make sure you do not use the exact format and presentation.eg your chapters and subchapters should have different titles.
4. Finally, Check the finished work with copyscape and correct any duplicate content detected. I personally use the premium copyscape account.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
einstein_e: I haven't read through the thread but I can confirm that kindle publishing (and e-publishing, in general) is the best passive income opportunity on the internet. But it is HARD WORK. The best niches are recipes, preppers, erotica, new adult and get-rich-quick. You can email me at einsteinesegbue at gmail dot com for more info.

Of which someone else will tell you the best niche is relationship!
Different strokes for diff folks.

SHALOM
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
@mk82, the free promotion for the second book i wrote will start tomorrow and end on saturday...
let me now see how it goes within the next 2 days...
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2013
onlineresource: @mk82, the free promotion for the second book i wrote will start tomorrow and end on saturday...
let me now see how it goes within the next 2 days...
Congrats, but are you promoting it for just 2 days? I usually promote new books for 3 days. Anyhow let's see how it goes. it may work for you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2013
mk82:
Congrats, but are you promoting it for just 2 days? I usually promote new books for 3 days. Anyhow let's see how it goes. it may work for you.

yes, i chose 2 days for the promotion.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ghettodreamz(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
onlineresource:

yes, i chose 2 days for the promotion.

I'm glad your making a good and speedy progress with this, I pray the good Lord favours your newly published book with good sales and don't forget to update us as things unfold.

Still have interest in this but have got lots on the plate lately amidst other demanding schedules.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
My spirit just got lifted, and I am back to writing my next book. I already had 5 books up before I saw this thread, and stumbing upon d thread last week got me fired up. I completed and uploaded a book on Tuesday. Now I am working on d next. I ain't No expert yet, and haven't even made $100 yet, but I av to say this is d best passive income business out there. Google is your friend...do some research of your own.

I will keep posting here till I start earning my target of $6,000 a month. I know I will get there cos I won't stop writing. And it just takes that one golden book to sell 3,000 copies monthly for me to hit my target. There are about 7 billion people in the world...300 million people in my major market (America)...I am confident I can write a book that .0001% would love to read monthly.

12 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
hmnnn..... kay29000!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
kay29000: My spirit just got lifted, and I am back to writing my next book. I already had 5 books up before I saw this thread, and stumbing upon d thread last week got me fired up. I completed and uploaded a book on Tuesday. Now I am working on d next. I ain't No expert yet, and haven't even made $100 yet, but I av to say this is d best passive income business out there. Google is your friend...do some research of your own.

I will keep posting here till I start earning my target of $6,000 a month. I know I will get there cos I won't stop writing. And it just takes that one golden book to sell 3,000 copies monthly for me to hit my target. There are about 7 billion people in the world...300 million people in my major market (America)...I am confident I can write a book that .0001% would love to read monthly.
Kay29000 I love your spirit. If you follow me closely, your next five books will surely give you more than $100.
I am putting up 10 books btw November to December and I am expecting more than $1000 from their immediate sales and more from residual sales afterward.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2013
mk82:
Kay29000 I love your spirit. If you follow me closely, your next five books will surely give you more than $100.
I am putting up 10 books btw November to December and I am expecting more than $1000 from their immediate sales and more from residual sales afterward.
Master Mk82? I really thank you for your positive spirit to make people successful,please sir,my own question is that,what about people like me who does not have writting ability and want to be part of this wat ur advice sir?i really need ur help in advices thank u.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by einsteine(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Employ writers.
dombible: Master Mk82? I really thank you for your positive spirit to make people successful,please sir,my own question is that,what about people like me who does not have writting ability and want to be part of this wat ur advice sir?i really need ur help in advices thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.