Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (21532 Views)

A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by snika: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mtcheeww

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by 3ace(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Amefrica: With just an SMS you get 7 free "Women's Beauty" alerts! To claim it, text 7 to 33555 for free NOW! Offer ends 11:59pm 30th of Oct'13

They send it atIeast thrice daily. I still received dis message today the 31st of Oct. MTN is a curse! They can be so annoying..
Imagine such a message; na wetin I wan take beauty news do? Like I said earlier, I just delete them.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by deeoneX(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Make intl calls to china, india us. And UKfixed N8.3/min. Also, get up to 60% discount on calls to 18 other countries. Dial *789*88# Now to buy N1000 bundle.

So anoooying..I get dat msg almost 10times in a day from airtel.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by jjwaterfalls(f): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
cryIt could be really annoying at times. I can't never 4get the day I had 2 stay glue to my fone expecting an alert msg on my fone so I could use the cash for smtin very urgent and important, as if MTN knew it was a very important time of my life, dat was when dey remebered dat they had 2 send me msgs. In calculated ways, these annoying msgs were coming in different batches, dat day I almost cried. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Danhumprey: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
I just recieved one from Airtel just now. It's annoying. angry
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Etisalat and their unwanted messages anytime you check your balanceundecided. I hate Glo and MTN too!

Those stupid messages asking you to subscribe for useless information too.

There was even a time my phone had a low battery and I was expecting an important call, MTN kept sending nonsense upon nonsense till my phone got tired of vibrating and went off.angry

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
With just an SMS you get an offer of 7 FREE "Essential Facts" alerts! To claim it, text fact to 30046 for free NOW! Offer ends 11:59pm 29th of Oct'13

To you my dear customer,we offer a free 7-day trial of the "GradJob" service. To receive it, text GradJob to 38261.SMS is free!Offer ends 11:59pm 24th of Oct'13

Now get creative dating tips, ideas, pick-ip lines and flirty text msgs thru SMS and impress your crush.? To Enjoy 5days FREE trial, send FLIRT to 38500

I am not angry that you wont come back, I am sad because I keep hoping you will.. I Miss you! For free Miss You alerts for 5 Days, send MISS to 38500

Hello, Feeling Lucky? Play the Dettol rewards quiz for a chance to win a Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Tab 3 this week. Text DETTOL to 5030. SMS/10

etc

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Owobobrown(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Imagine before i finish reading this tin Mtn and airtel have sent 5 sms, yesterday own was 50 total, today's own is getting to 20,e tire me ooo, And e
dey chop my battery

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by geeez: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Well I don't receive those messages though I know a friend who has been complaining bitterly

I was told by my account officer that my monthly usage is high and excludes me. Whatever that means

I think information is key and I crave for those messages

Your life could be better for it you know

Even when I see a flier tucked under my windshield, I pick it and read

You never know
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by talktrue1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
And sometimes, they send the sms late at night.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Emaprince: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mtn is d worst..they will even charge you money for something you did not subscribe for.they will ask you to answer a question for free to win something..oya go answer naa..100naira go comot ur credit sharp sharp.I delete all their msgs until last time where GOD opened my eyes as read something like "you are lucky to be among those who their subscription for the proverb whatever have been extended for another week.cost 100naira" shocked my head burst! I called 180 sharpily but the only gave me a code on how to opt out but the money don die..I did subscribe for it once and didn't find it interesting so I stoped and they don't have thw right to do the extension and still charge me
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by crusufixo(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
And here I wz thnking that I wz the only one. First it wz their stupid calls, till I blocked all their numbers with an app, then came their unsolicited messages.its just annoying.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Olugbenger(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Deen4me: I had to Chuck my Econet,Zain,Airtel sim because of this angry

i now use the line as in a tracker

It was very annoying , you get like 20 sms per day

Globacom is second in line to this also
You omitted celtel.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by kayswag100(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
untrue. So untrue. Don't you think these networks have legal departments? No network would activate you without your consent. If you didn't do it, someone in your house activated you.
agwo2july: @Op, many atime, mtn will activate u without knowing and collect ur money just like that and send msg to u. Last time I had to call them, they said is system error. They did it to me and my wife most of the time. I will soon sue them to prove a point that, nigerians are not fools
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by 3ace(m): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
prof800: It is so annoying...
2 years ago a friend of mine was about to take a legal action against one of these service providers...
...Not until i made him check their "terms and conditions" which he had already accepted just by cutting and inserting the sim card.
**(the number you call yours is not really yours...it still belongs to the network service providers. So what right have you to complain about what's not really yours?)**
This still doesn't mean you can't take legal action against them if you have a valid and strong case.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by kayswag100(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
For airtel customers, Kindly dial *363*2#. That should do the magic for a while. The only alerts you will receive is from 440. (bb reminders)
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Fresia01(f): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na dat mtn callertune msgs dey make me vex pax! I no wnt callertune oya mtn leave me, dm no gree. Shey dm say make send cancel abi stop yet dm no want stp.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Shimao(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
The situation is really terrible and drove me nuts. Searched for an app to block these messages but could not find one that was truly free and made for the Nigerian environment. So I decided to develop one. It's called Spam Trap and it's now available in BlackBerry app world and Google Play for FREE.

Just download and install. that's all. It blocks messages based on numbers and content. It determines your network and suggest spam numbers and content to you on your network. Just accept the suggestions. It also has the ability to sense potential spam messages from numbers not yet listed and keeps you updated on new spam sources based on your settings. More still, it gives you protection across all networks, switch your network and your spam database will be updated so that as long as you are within Nigeria's 923,768 sq km, you are protected.

It's already gone through beta testing and very stable. Download now and thank me later. It's free and incredibly simple to use.

Works on BlackBerry OS 5 and above and on Android 2.33 and above.

When you download, please do not forget to review. Thanks.

BlackBerry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/39814920/?lang=en&countrycode=US
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shimaotech.spamtrap&hl=en

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by 3ace(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
For the annoying auto calls, I simply save the useless number on my phone and have them automatically sent to voicemail. That way, I get less of this useless and irritating calls. I have about five of those numbers on my phone.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Cahmegga: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Imagine MTN sending me a "baby care tips" message...when I don't even have a steady girlfriend or a functional relationship...I wonder what they want me to do! Impregnate a random girl just so I can make use of their baby care tips? Smh!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Bolt2011(m): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
Owobo brown: Imagine before i finish reading this tin Mtn and airtel have sent 5 sms, yesterday own was 50 total, today's own is getting to 20,e tire me ooo, And e
dey chop my battery

grin grin grin grin
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by yungdamaz(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
recently ah unsubscribe from their stupid naija event...dy collect 50 naira every month...ah dnt even knw hw ah subscribed for such rubbish....Imagine man load card take call nd instantlY dem half d money sad......
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by jydux(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by ogoplus: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
So annoying especially when you are expecting a SALARY ALERT !

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
try checking your account balance on Etisalat and they will dash you a free SMS reminding you that you have got 104 free sms to same stupid network.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
the funnest of all was the one i received this morning, i have to pray (i was expecting a mssge from one company) b4 i open the message, what i saw was etisalat message asking me to subscribe for one useless joke
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Bolt2011(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Cahmegga: Imagine MTN sending me a "baby care tips" message...when I don't even have a steady girlfriend or a functional relationship...I wonder what they want me to do! Impregnate a random girl just so I can make use of their baby care tips? Smh!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by AroOkigbo(m): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Shimao: The situation is really terrible and drove me nuts. Searched for an app to block these messages but could not find one that was truly free and made for the Nigerian environment. So I decided to develop one. It's called Spam Trap and it's now available in BlackBerry app world and Google Play for FREE.

Just download and install. that's all. It blocks messages based on numbers and content. It determines your network and suggest spam numbers and content to you on your network. Just accept the suggestions. It also has the ability to sense potential spam messages from numbers not yet listed and keeps you updated on new spam sources based on your settings. More still, it gives you protection across all networks, switch your network and your spam database will be updated so that as long as you are within Nigeria's 923,768 sq km, you are protected.

It's already gone through beta testing and very stable. Download now and thank me later. It's free and incredibly simple to use.

Works on BlackBerry OS 5 and above and on Android 2.33 and above.

When you download, please do not forget to review. Thanks.
Thank you.
Thank God for the womb that carried you.
Thanks to the developer of SPAM TRAP. I've download/already testing the app.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by chacha3(f): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
I use three lines,mtn,glo and etisalat. I must say glo is the worse,I receive those annoying msgs most times at night. Mtn is is the same story, its so frustrating not to talk of the calls frm 4digits noba or at times 5 digits. I am tired of hissing and cursing whenever I receive such. Just SMH
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Ariyke: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
The rate at which airtel sends message nowadays is totally annoyingangry
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by everyday: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
How can i stop those annoying text messages i receive from these telecom operators most especially mtn and glo
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by honeeyplum(f): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
I use MTN n Airtel on the same phone so I receive an average of 13 extremely silly sms per day. I don't no precisely who I offended at that airtel office that sends msg by 2am............God save them the day my patience strech pass elastic limit, won a gba Jesu l'oga l'ojoyen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Celtel Gprs Settings! / How To Use More Than 100mb Using Droid Vpn Free Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.