Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,067 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? (2616 Views)

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
I know a friend of mine who wants to get married,but the problem is that the girl smoke s,apart from that she is a sweet girl and doesnt party.Smoking was something  she did to get over stress.
She only smokes cigs not ganja or any stuff.
Is Nigeria Changing and do guys marry smokers in Nigeria?
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by izeek(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
i dated a smoker once,
marrying one is a diff thing entirely.

but i odnt think there is something wrong with smokers.

except in the aspect of childbirth, then she has to have a re-think.
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by eldee(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2008
ehie:

I know a friend of mine who wants to get married,but the problem is that the girl smoke s,apart from that she is a sweet girl and doesnt party.Smoking was something she did to get over stress.
She only smokes cigs not ganja or any stuff.
Is Nigeria Changing and do guys marry smokers in Nigeria?

What's wrong with smoking?
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Busta(f): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2008
What if both partners are smokers?
they got something in common ain't it?
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by beauteous(f): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2008
I dnt see anytyn wrong in smoking. . .
tho its not too healthy bhut its got nu'n to do
wit d rela. . . .
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2008
@topic
nah, my health and childrens' health are important
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by beauteous(f): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2008
May i knw how dating a smoker can
affect yhur health miss? tongue
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by jkpretty(f): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2008
There are surely things wrongs with smoking, if not it wouldn't always be a subject of discussion.

I can't condone what i didn't grow up with, so @Topic can't marry a smoker
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Hannibal: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2008
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love me life. . . . I won't be a victim of 2nd hand smoke because of a stupid love.
Let smokers marry themselves.
Happy Cigarette Life!!!!
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2008
beauteous:

Secondhand Smoking my dear  wink

Second smoke is the smoke breathed out by smokers and the smoke from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar or pipe.  The smoke from the burning end of a cigarette has many harmful chemicals.

Secondhand Smoke causes about 3,000 deaths each year from lung cancer in people who don´t smoke.
Secondhand Smoke causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat.
Secondhand Smoke can also irritate the lungs, leading to coughing, excessive phlegm and chest discomfort.
Secondhand Smoke has been linked with the onset of chest pain may affect the heart, according to some studies.
Secondhand Smoke especially hurts Children!

Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke are more likely to suffer from pneumonia, bronchitis, and other lung diseases.
Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke have more inner infections
Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke are more likely to develop asthma
Children who have asthma and who breathe Secondhand Smoke have more asthma attacks
There are an estimated 150,000 to 300,000 case every year of infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia in infants and children under 18 months of  age who breathe Secondhand Smoke.  These result in 7,500 to 15,000 hospitalizations.

Source: http://www.smokehelp.org/html/second_hand_smoke.html

It will not only be my husband inhaling in the smoke tongue
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Moyola(f): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hannibal:

Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love me life. . . . I won't be a victim of 2nd hand smoke because of a stupid love.
Let smokers marry themselves.
Happy Cigarette Life!!!!

hahaha
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by kokoye(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2008
beauteous:

The answer is all over the media waves.

Even cigarette manufacturers condemn smoking. It is harmful to your health. As a woman, think about your unborn kids.
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
kokoye:

Even cigarette manufacturers condemn smoking. It is harmful to your health. As a woman, think about your unborn kids.
Very True
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by beauteous(f): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2008
kokoye:

Don't make it sound lyk i smoke or smtyn. . .
bhut,ma ques hasn't been answered.

"how can datin a smoker affected yhur health nd dat of yhur children?"
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by beauteous(f): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
ibkaye:

Secondhand Smoking my dear  wink

Second smoke is the smoke breathed out by smokers and the smoke from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar or pipe.  The smoke from the burning end of a cigarette has many harmful chemicals.

Secondhand Smoke causes about 3,000 deaths each year from lung cancer in people who don´t smoke.
Secondhand Smoke causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat.
Secondhand Smoke can also irritate the lungs, leading to coughing, excessive phlegm and chest discomfort.
Secondhand Smoke has been linked with the onset of chest pain may affect the heart, according to some studies.
Secondhand Smoke especially hurts Children!

Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke are more likely to suffer from pneumonia, bronchitis, and other lung diseases.
Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke have more inner infections
Children who breathe Secondhand Smoke are more likely to develop asthma
Children who have asthma and who breathe Secondhand Smoke have more asthma attacks
There are an estimated 150,000 to 300,000 case every year of infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia in infants and children under 18 months of  age who breathe Secondhand Smoke.  These result in 7,500 to 15,000 hospitalizations.

Source: http://www.smokehelp.org/html/second_hand_smoke.html

It will not only be my husband inhaling in the smoke tongue
ibk,ibk cheesy
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
beauteous:

ibk,ibk cheesy
hehehe, see how harmful it is o grin
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Moyola(f): 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2008
I wonder what they gain from smoking;

despite d manufacturers' warning, d warning in commercials and i quote "The Federal Ministry of Health warnz; Smokers are liable to die young"
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by beauteous(f): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2008
ibkaye:

hehehe, see how harmful it is o  grin
yhu're benefitin frm google,i swerragwad!! cheesy
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by nana(f): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2008
I cant date a smoker
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2008
beauteous:

yhu're benefitin frm google,i swerragwad!! cheesy
abi o, google is your friend grin
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by lucabrasi(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2008
smoking is totally wrong and dating a smoker will not only endenger your health but the health of any future kids as well, theres a reason for no smoking laws and signs everywhere
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by origina9ja(f): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2008
una don hear say luv is blind grin grin
we do silly thingz 4 luv ooo
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by rotimy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
@POSTERS
It is a pity that some of the posters in this section are jesters! Where talking of human life and life time marriage and someone people find it difficult to call a spade a spade.
If the guy truly loves the lady, he will help her to quit the deadly killer- habit! She MUST make a committment to stop smoking and this she must do during the courtship!         A smoker is a walking corpse and kissing a smoker is like licking a wet ash tray!
A lady that smokes cigarrate can also smoke marijuana and cocaine will soon look like an ice cream to her!
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
rotimy:

A lady that smokes cigarrate can also smoke marijuana and cocaine will soon look like an ice cream to her!
true
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by rotimy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
@POSTERS
It is a pity that some of the posters in this section are jesters! We are talking of human life and life time marriage and someone people find it difficult to call a spade a spade.
If the guy truly loves the lady, he will help her to quit the deadly killer- habit! She MUST make a committment to stop smoking and this she must do during the courtship!          
A smoker is a walking corpse and kissing a smoker is like licking a wet ash tray!
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
Rotimi u made sense in the first line but lost it all and the end by saying shed do mJ etc.
the girl is focused,intelligent and pretty decent.Nicotine is addictive and i believe its only will power that can make her break the habit.
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by ladybam(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ post

smoker should be with a smoker.
so if your friend is a smoker, he has nothing to worry about.
birds of thesame feather have to flock. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by origina9ja(f): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2008
nah allow it man
imagine when kissing undecided
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by JustGood(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2008
Even when I used to smoke rothmans (just to clarify), I never could have imagined marrying a girl who smokes. Dating them is allowed

Ewo orisa  grin
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by MrCrackles(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2008
Not for me
carry go madam chimney!
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2008
If she smokes cigarettes, NO Reason; Federal Government has a problem with cigarettes.

If she smokes  Cannabis sativa (a.k.a Marijuana, WeeWee, Goof, Gay, Egbo, Ganja, Kpoli, Shizzle, Skunk, e.t.c)
YES. Reason; It has no health hazards and the federal ministry of health has no problem with it
Re: Can you marry a Girl Who Smokes? by chika98: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hell to the no.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin / Things Every Woman Must Know About Men, Love And Relationships / Yoruba Guys Part 2!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.