Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Driver Passes Test After 27 Years - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Driver Passes Test After 27 Years (974 Views)

Price List Of Cars As @ 27/11/2014 Www.largemanmotors..com - 08088848523 / Mercedes-Benz C230 Elegance Automatic 1998 GREEN: RF-JL-27 / Mercedes-benz: C220 Elegance Automatic 1998 Military Green: Lg-xx-27 Fabric Gray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Truequest(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2008
A 62-year-old woman has finally passed her driving test - 27 years after her first lesson.

Teresa Clarke, of Wroxham, Norfolk, went through 20 driving instructors, spent £15,000 in fees and had 450 hours of tuition.

She also failed 12 tests, cancelled a further 35 and had 50 mock exams.

Now, following her latest effort to ditch her L-plates, on June 26, she is free to get behind the wheel of a car.

"It took a long time for it to sink in when I was told I had passed .I kissed the woman examiner "said Mrs Clarke.

Mrs Clarke, who has yet to purchase a car of her own, puts her success down to an improved focus.

"My concentration is much better now - I don't drink coffee or tea anymore and have no additives," she said.

She said she tried not to think about how much time and money she spent on learning to drive.

"It was over so many years that I was able to spread out the money," she said.

"I've been through a lot of driving instructors because some of them kicked me out. But I was determined to pass and kept going."
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Mustay(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2008
she get time
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Truequest(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2008
Mustay:

she get time

But it pays to do it right no matter the cost.
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Mustay(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2008
ok sir

can u do that too - i mean something like that/
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Truequest(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
Doing it right yes but it may not be for that no of years as our levels of assimilation is different.
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Mustay(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
so

she's a dull woman abi? wink
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Truequest(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
Mustay:

so

she's a dull woman abi? wink

Oga no bi mi talk am ooo! na for ya mouth they hear am ooo!
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by protocol(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2008
FOR WHERE? NOW SHE HAS PASSED, AN AVERAGE NIGA WOMAN CAN STILL DO IT BETTER THAN HER. CAN SHE DRIVE IN LAGOS SAY OSHODI-APAPA WAY? grin grin grin
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2008
protocol:

FOR WHERE? NOW SHE HAS PASSED, AN AVERAGE NIGA WOMAN CAN STILL DO IT BETTER THAN HER. CAN SHE DRIVE IN LAGOS SAY OSHODI-APAPA WAY? grin grin grin

Being able to drive, and driving to acceptable standards for the UK test are two different things.

How many Molue / Danfo drivers have a high driving standard?
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by DisGuy: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2008
protocol:

some people are just nervous and some instructors can fail you for some very simple mistake.

some 'good' Nigerian don't know simple road signs!!
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2008
fail an exam twelve times they should not even allow you that many attempts undecided
Re: Driver Passes Test After 27 Years by benjay1(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2008
@Post To me, i will say the woman brain dey trek. WTF 27yrs. LOL grin

(1) (Reply)

Clean Full Option Nissan Maxima For Sale! / Used Honda Accord(baby Boy) For Sale / Viperman - Please I Need Dis Suv Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.