Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland (775 Views)

Can A Poster Be Ban For TRIBALISM On Nairaland? / #occupy Nairaland: A Protest,if U Are Against Tribalism On Nl! / Stop Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland by adoubleu(f): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
urch23: This is an open letter to Mr Seun,
Please i will advice that you do something serious to save this your site that we are so proud of as Nigerians
This place use to be where we get the best of advice ,comments and good education and good voice to national
issues but am afraid it has been turned into ethnic comedy between the jobless people with no grasp of any issue
relevant to the posts. take for example a very serious issue as corruption in NCAA and ODUAH am from the core Southern part of the country
A 24 carat Igbo man but am ashamed at the level of the ethnicity divide on the looters of our treasury, on the peolple making mockery of the
contributions of the real southerners like Oby Ezekwesili, The Dora Akunyeli, The emeka Anyaoku etc if Jonathan can sack Prof Barth Nnaji, ETC
why not ODUAH why are we reducing our tribe to mockery but ethnic comments SUEN PLEASE START BANNING ALL THIS ETHNIC SENTIMENTALISTS NLS TO BE ABLE TO SAVE THIS OUR SITE FROM BEING A JOKE.
THANKS
I culled this from one of the front page topics "Photos as Oduah faces house committee"

Mr Seun, I second this motion. This forum isn't for tribalists but for civil minds. We shouldn't support what is wrong because we are from the same tribe as a person of "questionable character". We are all one and the same before God, whether Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, middle belt and what have you.
If we give tribalism the slightest chance, it will eat up the whole society faster than a virus. The Apartheid, the Rwandan Genociden, Colonialism and so on are all examples. The Results were saddening and gory.
The truth is, in tribal segregation, both parties suffer, but one tends to suffer more than the other. And God help you if yours is on the receiving end...
If people choose not to be civil in their comments, please give them warnings and if they do not change, please block their accounts.

And please nairalanders, no insults.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland by demelza: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
They are tribalists, not racists.
Re: A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland by Danhumprey: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
@OP,just as Demelza said,it is Tribalism,not Racism. Or didn't they thought you the difference between the two words? undecided

Generally speaking,there is nothing Seun and his Moderators can really do,order than to ban such tribalists. But at the end of the day,such people end up registering with new accounts,thereby inflating the real statistic,and with that new accounts,continue their tribalistic behaviour,and harassing the Admin himself,his Mods and other users who dare challenge them. Seun's hand is tied.
Re: A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland by adoubleu(f): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
@ demeiza, thanks for correcting me. @Danhumprey, I don't think there would be any inflations if their account are completely blocked or deregistered. Even if they come up with new accounts, the new ones will take d place of d old and mods should keep blocking them. Trust me they'll be frustrated. In the end they'll have to comply becos if u ask them, they'ld take "membership with good character" over "banning/ blocking". Most of them are still seeking employment and will die of boredom if they are not on forums like this.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 29, 2014
tribalism is what makes the whole thing interesting

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Sexkillz Like This.PICS / Why Can't Members View The Moderator Section? / If I Were To Meet Santa.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.