Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today (18958 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / Terrorist Scare At The Lagos Airport Today / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by naptu2: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2013
There are so many other examples that I want to give, but time will not permit me.

There's the "Clinton haircut issue" when planes were prevented from landing, so that Clinton could cut his hair.

There are the many times when fighter jets were scrambled, because planes strayed into Air Force One's airspace.

I was going to post an example of what happens when there are road and airspace closures, to show you that the President has no idea what's happening and did not give the order for their closure.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by DWJOBScom(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2013
joseph1832:
Ask yourself this, Did the Chinese or Israeli shut down their Airports when GEJ visited them? African man with African mentality!!!.

Sometimes I think people need to declare their age before making comments......
Its appalling to hear someone say these about various security methods used by various countries. You can't say if they did or not!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Please, FYI, not all Nigerians are PDP and APC members!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Promhize: OP u have issues, go get yourself a private jet if its that painful as this is not peculiar to Nigeria.

NOW THIS IS THE PART I HATE
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by agabaI23(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2013
@aboki,
Are you annoyed because the airport was busy and your plane couldn't land or are you annoyed that the airport was busy due to dignitaries leaving the airport.

Portharcourt is not a large airport and on a day like the one you flied when there is a high profile ceremony involving the president, you would expect increased air traffic and it happens everywhere. Would you have been this annoyed if the airport was busy without the involvement of GEJ?

BTW you were never in Fresh air train otherwise yesterday alone wouldn't have affected so much that you will disparage his wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by eagleeye2: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

we should all start praying for another death in the Bayelsa axis of Jonathans Family and hope that will bring about the speedy completion of the Port-Harcourt - Bayelsa axis of this same road.

This a very intelligent suggestion. Instead of praying for looters to get well soon, we should all be Wishing the "An act of God", as Stella Oduah puts it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Akshow: 9:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire:

Do you see what I am talking about ? You mental midget, hardly can spell in English, yet, you and other cretins in your league of whimsical tomfoolery want to be allowed to land within a busy airstrip where VIPs are taking off against decisions of control tower. It is wise for you to get adequate education to function within the ambient of norm. The fact, that you call people names even without personal attacks directed at your person signals a larger dysfunction of your celebra. You need to be cultured in acceptable behaviorism in blogosphere.

You need to be checked in, examined, and declared "Unsafe" to live with the larger population. Regarding the 45 minutes delay "purportedly" experied by "Aboki" the Original Poster. He needs to understand that there is a reason the industry has Air Traffic Control. In one of my very many travels, we hovered over JFK for more than 45 minutes before we landed safely. We appreciated having a safe landing instead of bickering about delay. This is what sane people like my humble self do, but I cant say the same about the Mental Midgets and APC mosquitoes.
hehehehehehe couldn't just resist the opportunity to chip in jfk silly low life. Were u hovering cos some twats who called themselves dignitaries are busy using the airport. Fooooolish Mr know all, those jargons u wrote up there for ur left mind u don blow grammar be dat o. I say a big shame on u if with all d 'many travels' u claim to have embarked u don't see anything wrong with hovering in d air cos of some vips. Numbskull I said 'vips' and not any other unforeseen emergencies cos u are a thick skull that needs clarification to understand. if they are calling steeeewpid myopic reee..eetaaards ur hands should always be up to say present sir.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Oyiboman69: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2013
Aboki Man, Where The ''Suya"
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by sarutobie(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2013
If after reading the links posted by Naptu and people are still bickering with the Op and his percieved 'disappointment' then I don't know what to make of it..ignorance kills but self-imposed ignorance is even worse..
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Akshow: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire:

The Air Traffic Control and Airways Authorities work with set of codes, the have the powers by law to shut down the Airways for as long as they deem necessary for safety. The Pilots understand the rules of the business and communicates with control towers. The problem with most mental midgets is that they turn every issue to a political game. What has Air Control Instruction to an aircraft to stay airborne got to do with a road construction expedition and other nonsense brouhaha ?

and u were told the airport was shut down for safety reason? I give up on ur maggot infested reasoning. Have a happy hovering in jfk. Just pray u don't crash. Mumucious entity.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by smart134: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2013
richP:
so you mean he decided to risk his life in this unsafe Nigerian air travel system just so he could come here to rant? you GEJ buttlickers are so pathetic

ppl lyk u think lyk kids...! Am sure if de make u presido...na our moni u go steal! Cari go gave IBB 4 iraq
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by demelza: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2013
naptu2: There are so many other examples that I want to give, but time will not permit me.

There's the "Clinton haircut issue" when planes were prevented from landing, so that Clinton could cut his hair.

There are the many times when fighter jets were scrambled, because planes strayed into Air Force One's airspace.

I was going to post an example of what happens when there are road and airspace closures, to show you that the President has no idea what's happening and did not give the order for their closure.
Please post the little you can. They are very informative.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by ojubi(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Oops you are very silly. It is a standard practice for the air space to be sealed up when the president of any country is about flying, it is done all over the world. Even the oil companies in port harcourt suspend all their flying activities until the president is done.
The silly air line you used shd have delayed the flight until is it safe to land in PH before take off, and you are here blabbing.
There is no place that is sealed up in port harcourt cos I drove through presidential hotel and GRA yesterday. So stop the hocus pocus.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by smajatt(m): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2013
adino: @ op
you choose to use ph airport today because you knew G.E.J was in town and so you can come and rant here on nairaland (you may even have heard this story from other people). Even the skinny looking Obama (apology to Russian presido) commands a more dangerous road, air and sea closure. You also made a silly mention of Eleme axis of East West road which after 8 years was suddenly completed for this burial.
Hmm, G.E.j is really working then, G.E.J till 2019. Completing an 8 year project under record time. God Bless G.E.J.
God PUNISH U 4 dat,se jonahmumu na ur broda abi u ar jst blind 2 see d truth. If dat jonah try rubbish 4 2015 na THUNDER go strike am.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by eggheaders(m): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr aboki aka okija juju, we have been telling you the reckless and senseless of he-tami and shepopotamus. Thank god you witness it yourself, can't forget my 9 hours holdup ordeal when shepopo came to lagos the last time.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2013
airmark: @OP, how was the hovering for 45minutes in PH like? Were passengers upbeat? Feed us more now.

I was hoping to get a response from another Nairalander who may have been on board.

I was seated at the very last seat. The whole plane was filled with angry passengers with some even calling for the Plane to either go to Owerri or back to Lagos.

Me I just pin for one corner, dey pray say the Pilot buy full tank of fuel before we start movement.. grin
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by prettyboi1(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2013
These GEJ dogs sure know How to "bingo" up. They always attack at nothing. You say the truth, & they would start ranting pathetically.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2013
It is only in Nigeria this can happen. When I was in Sango-Ota, as far as this place is from MMIA, Ikeja, I was always seeing planes hovering in the airspace for hours because the President or his wife is in the airport.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Hakeem3(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2013
It hurts so much to see dem squandering monEy for irrelevant tins yet people are suffering, student are home doing nofin... And some1 keeps telling ♍‎‎ε̲̣̣̣̥ bout fresh Air... Bleep Nigeria Government... CoRRupt to d marrow.! undecidedIt hurts so much to see dem squandering monEy for irrelevant tins yet people are suffering, student are home doing nofin... And some1 keeps telling ♍‎‎ε̲̣̣̣̥ bout fresh Air... Bleep Nigeria Government... CoRRupt to d marrow.!
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Ohibenemma(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2013
But Naptu has provided us with some highly insightful links to show how conventional such practice is. I have read all the responses and have seen the anti GEJs blatantly refuse to comment on those. Mental indiscipline is really rife amongst Nigerians. Very rarely do we see objectivity. Honestly, when I start having misgivings about Jonathan, I come to nairaland and get instant cure from the highly biased and polarised arguments spewed forth here. How much was actually spent on the burial? What percentage of it was from the Fed Govt's purse? That's objectivity! Should Fash want to do something similar, he would be surprised at the rate donations would be pouring in. That's a fact! Back to topic, it would do the OP and his backers a whole lot of good to google the security arrangements made for Obama's visit to Israel and make comparisons. Maybe Obama is different, after all, he's the President of 'A whole USA',
The only argument that seemed to make sense-to me-was the suggestion for the Airforce base as a better alternative. But do we know how equipped for such it is [color=#006600]But Naptu has provided us with some highly insightful links to show how conventional such practice is. I have read all the responses and have seen the anti GEJs blatantly refuse to comment on those. Mental indiscipline is really rife amongst Nigerians. Very rarely do we see objectivity. Honestly, when I start having misgivings about Jonathan, I come to nairaland and get instant cure from the highly biased and polarised arguments spewed forth here. How much was actually spent on the burial? What percentage of it was from the Fed Govt's purse? That's objectivity! Should Fash want to do something similar, he would be surprised at the rate donations would be pouring in. That's a fact! Back to topic, it would do the OP and his backers a whole lot of good to google the security arrangements made for Obama's visit to Israel and make comparisons. Maybe Obama is different, after all, he's the President of 'A whole USA',
The only argument that seemed to make sense-to me-was the suggestion for the Airforce base as a better alternative. But do we know how equipped for such it is?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 9:53am On Nov 02, 2013
Arysexy: @ mr aboki a.k.a okija juju, bros u dissapoint me with this thread.

If PH airport was shut, u wudn't av landed. Control towers signals planes to take off and land. Would u av preferred to land as scheduled and collide with a plane on d tarmac? Or collide mid air with planes taking off?

There were 3 chattered flights taking off from lag and abuja respectively, morning and afternoon as was announced on NTA for d burial arrangements, definitely these chattered flights are supposed to affect d regular flight schedules. So u are not supposed to complain much bc they announced the take off time and landing time which wud av prompted u to either make an alternative plan if u don't want to be dissapointed with seeing VIPs delay ur movement. This kind of thing happens once in a blue moon, so y shud u use it to castigate d president? During festivities airport delays are also experienced, do u blame d president also? It was obvious many dignitaries wia in PH for d burial and as such, flight delays shud nt be a suprise to u.

Bros biko hapu Goodluck aka, odika berem onyego gi mmanya ndi APC?

Goodluck! Goodluck! Goodluck ka anyi ga eso! Ma ona eje eje ma ona ana ana, Goodluck ka anyi ga eso!

Ichie.. Mba o!! grin

Heres my complaint sir;

1. Port Harcourt has two Airfields. Omagwa (Commercial) and NAF Base Military. Since the President knew that his Mother-in-laws burial would attract the usual flies that follows him about, he should have commandeered the Airforce Base and allow the regular scheduled flights for Omagwa to continue undisturbed. Lets not forget that when you halt or disrupt air travel like they did, it costs the State and the COuntry money somewhere, somehow. Whilst in the Air, I counted atleast 3 small Jets that flew by underneath us. I don't think it is wise to risk the safety of Thousands for the comfort of tens. (I hope you can understand)

2. Why did it take the death of the Foster Mother in Law of the President for that ELeme road to be fixed?! Just incase you do not understand the importance of Eleme road, let me explain it to you. Eleme ROad houses the following high priority National interests;

- Eleme Petrochemical Refinery
- National Fertilizer company
- Access to Onne Free Trade Port
- Access to Onne Port
- A lot of Oil & Gas Fabrication Companies and yards
- Its one of the entry/exit points from port Harcourt.

This road is so important to Rivers State and Nigeria that it a surprise that it as left in such abject decay. The traffic on that road everyday can drive you mad. But what it took to fix that road was the death of the '1st mother-in-law'. I'm sorry but if nobody sees a problem with that, I do. Or shoud we wait for Jonathans Mother to die for the East-West rad that leads from Port-Harcourt to Bayelsa to be fully fixed?!

You know that I have been a die-hard Jonathan supporter (only shifting sides when it involves Amaechi).

I voted for Jonathan and was going to vote for him again. But beyond my tribal and ethnic sentiments, I don't think I would be doing Jonathan any good if I don't call his fuckups out.

Ifu ife di njo, lets say it.

If that Plane had dropped out of the sky as a result of this VIP priority access crap, Threads would be here on Nairaland floating around speculating what went wrong with Stella Oduah and NCAA taking the blame, ut we te passengers would be 6 feet underground (if we are lucky) and our stories would never be heard. I reminded you that DANA Air was kept in a holding Pattern that resulted in the death of over 150 people because we had 1 VIP passenger flying off.. grin

Mba nu, oburo otus ka anyi kwesili I na ebi na obodo a.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by LadyH(f): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2013
Idoma Likita: GEJ shudda used an Airforce Base na!
I'm his firm supporter oh, but his Anti-masses behaviour can be irritating sometimes!
D So-called VIPs following u up & down 2day didn't stand in d Hot Sun from 7am-5pm in 2011 to vote you in! We did!
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by joshuaidibia(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2013
berem: Its good you landed safely without any hitches. To God be the glory.

Now that you have finally left the fresh air crew, give yourself time to think about the future of our beloved country. You are always welcomed to the progressives if you're willing to join. smiley cool
u mean BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2013
agabaI23: @aboki,
Are you annoyed because the airport was busy and your plane couldn't land or are you annoyed that the airport was busy due to dignitaries leaving the airport.

Portharcourt is not a large airport and on a day like the one you flied when there is a high profile ceremony involving the president, you would expect increased air traffic and it happens everywhere. Would you have been this annoyed if the airport was busy without the involvement of GEJ?

BTW you were never in Fresh air train otherwise yesterday alone wouldn't have affected so much that you will disparage his wife.
What is busy in planes being selfishly declayed because the President and/or his wife is in the airport? Is any of our airports as busy as JFK airport, New York or Heathrow, London, where planes land almost every minute.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2013
ojubi: Oops you are very silly. It is a standard practice for the air space to be sealed up when the president of any country is about flying, it is done all over the world. Even the oil companies in port harcourt suspend all their flying activities until the president is done.
The silly air line you used shd have delayed the flight until is it safe to land in PH before take off, and you are here blabbing.
There is no place that is sealed up in port harcourt cos I drove through presidential hotel and GRA yesterday. So stop the hocus pocus.
Rubbish! Are you related to Dede aka Gull?
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by joshuaidibia(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2013
bloggernaija: That is what you get in an animal farm.
The burial of a nonentity is being used to waste public funds and infrastructure
Use d right word. Respect d dead ok. Her mother is not ruling u.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by sarutobie(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2013
joshua idibia: Use d right word. Respect d dead ok. Her mother is not ruling u.
Respect? Oga that word is alien to these set of people..they can't give what they don't have.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are confusing yourself, How can you say the Airspace was shut down, yet you were able to land after 45 minutes. Take it easy in calling people names when you are actually lower in IQ rating.

The Pilot called out 'Prepare for landing' at 4:50. We circled until he called out again twice apologizing.

Finally, he calls out to say; We have been bumped up and given 'priority' landing.

Lets not forget that flights had been delayed to Port-Harcourt all day because of this funeral o. The flight I flew on was actually scheduled for 1.30. It left by 4. I was on the 3pm Arik and my flight was already late by 1 hour. I had to beg to be put on the 1.30 flight.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by sarutobie(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2013
Ohibenemma: But Naptu has provided us with some highly insightful links to show how conventional such practice is. I have read all the responses and have seen the anti GEJs blatantly refuse to comment on those. Mental indiscipline is really rife amongst Nigerians. Very rarely do we see objectivity. Honestly, when I start having misgivings about Jonathan, I come to nairaland and get instant cure from the highly biased and polarised arguments spewed forth here. How much was actually spent on the burial? What percentage of it was from the Fed Govt's purse? That's objectivity! Should Fash want to do something similar, he would be surprised at the rate donations would be pouring in. That's a fact! Back to topic, it would do the OP and his backers a whole lot of good to google the security arrangements made for Obama's visit to Israel and make comparisons. Maybe Obama is different, after all, he's the President of 'A whole USA',
The only argument that seemed to make sense-to me-was the suggestion for the Airforce base as a better alternative. But do we know how equipped for such it is [color=#006600]But Naptu has provided us with some highly insightful links to show how conventional such practice is. I have read all the responses and have seen the anti GEJs blatantly refuse to comment on those. Mental indiscipline is really rife amongst Nigerians. Very rarely do we see objectivity. Honestly, when I start having misgivings about Jonathan, I come to nairaland and get instant cure from the highly biased and polarised arguments spewed forth here. How much was actually spent on the burial? What percentage of it was from the Fed Govt's purse? That's objectivity! Should Fash want to do something similar, he would be surprised at the rate donations would be pouring in. That's a fact! Back to topic, it would do the OP and his backers a whole lot of good to google the security arrangements made for Obama's visit to Israel and make comparisons. Maybe Obama is different, after all, he's the President of 'A whole USA',
The only argument that seemed to make sense-to me-was the suggestion for the Airforce base as a better alternative. But do we know how equipped for such it is?
Instead of them to read the link and get enlightened but no they will not but will prefere to revel in ignorance..I have said it self-imposed ignorance is worse because it is very contagious and this thread buttresses that fact.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Stella odua news is now stale news.thank God you have finally leave her alone.haters of Gej carry go but the bitter truth is that Gej will rule you till 2019
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by mrborntodoit: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2013
What do you guys expect from an aboki that lack fore sight? The problem with tribalistic citizens of my dear 9ja is simply confusion which is a fruit from the tree of ignorance. Power will never go to any stupid president that will put all our resources into Swiss banks . Gej has achieved more than the past presidents and he will move this country forward. Bigots beware, you can't stop divine coronation grin
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by taharqa2: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Ohibenemma: But Naptu has provided us with some highly insightful links to show how conventional such practice is. I have read all the responses and have seen the anti GEJs blatantly refuse to comment on those. Mental indiscipline is really rife amongst Nigerians. Very rarely do we see objectivity. Honestly, when I start having misgivings about Jonathan, I come to nairaland and get instant cure from the highly biased and polarised arguments spewed forth here. How much was actually spent on the burial? What percentage of it was from the Fed Govt's purse? That's objectivity! Should Fash want to do something similar, he would be surprised at the rate donations would be pouring in. That's a fact! Back to topic, it would do the OP and his backers a whole lot of good to google the security arrangements made for Obama's visit to Israel and make comparisons. Maybe Obama is different, after all, he's the President of 'A whole USA',
The only argument that seemed to make sense-to me-was the suggestion for the Airforce base as a better alternative. But do we know how equipped for such it is

Welcome to Nairaland, Bros.... You wud 'like' it here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) / First Time On A Plane Where Did You Travel To? / 18 Nigerians Stranded In India, Seek Help From The Public To Relocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.