Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today (18963 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / Terrorist Scare At The Lagos Airport Today / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by mrborntodoit: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

The Pilot called out 'Prepare for landing' at 4:50. We circled until he called out again twice apologizing.

Finally, he calls out to say; We have been bumped up and given 'priority' landing.

Lets not forget that flights had been delayed to Port-Harcourt all day because of this funeral o. The flight I flew on was actually scheduled for 1.30. It left by 4. I was on the 3pm Arik and my flight was already late by 1 hour. I had to beg to be put on the 1.30 flight.

We don hear, you enter plane, nobody doubt say you never enter plane before but no be gej been dey control towers . We no need u for the fresh air team . Try pac,opc, or whatever grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Ichie.. Mba o!! grin

Heres my complaint sir;

1. Port Harcourt has two Airfields. Omagwa (Commercial) and NAF Base Military. Since the President knew that his Mother-in-laws burial would attract the usual flies that follows him about, he should have commandeered the Airforce Base and allow the regular scheduled flights for Omagwa to continue undisturbed. Lets not forget that when you halt or disrupt air travel like they did, it costs the State and the COuntry money somewhere, somehow. Whilst in the Air, I counted atleast 3 small Jets that flew by underneath us. I don't think it is wise to risk the safety of Thousands for the comfort of tens. (I hope you can understand)

2. Why did it take the death of the Foster Mother in Law of the President for that ELeme road to be fixed?! Just incase you do not understand the importance of Eleme road, let me explain it to you. Eleme ROad houses the following high priority National interests;

- Eleme Petrochemical Refinery
- National Fertilizer company
- Access to Onne Free Trade Port
- Access to Onne Port
- A lot of Oil & Gas Fabrication Companies and yards
- Its one of the entry/exit points from port Harcourt.

This road is so important to Rivers State and Nigeria that it a surprise that it as left in such abject decay. The traffic on that road everyday can drive you mad. But what it took to fix that road was the death of the '1st mother-in-law'. I'm sorry but if nobody sees a problem with that, I do. Or shoud we wait for Jonathans Mother to die for the East-West rad that leads from Port-Harcourt to Bayelsa to be fully fixed?!

You know that I have been a die-hard Jonathan supporter (only shifting sides when it involves Amaechi).

I voted for Jonathan and was going to vote for him again. But beyond my tribal and ethnic sentiments, I don't think I would be doing Jonathan any good if I don't call his fuckups out.

Ifu ife di njo, lets say it.

If that Plane had dropped out of the sky as a result of this VIP priority access crap, Threads would be here on Nairaland floating around speculating what went wrong with Stella Oduah and NCAA taking the blame, ut we te passengers would be 6 feet underground (if we are lucky) and our stories would never be heard. I reminded you that DANA Air was kept in a holding Pattern that resulted in the death of over 150 people because we had 1 VIP passenger flying off.. grin

Mba nu, oburo otus ka anyi kwesili I na ebi na obodo a.
If I start to type about that onne road I would be in tears before I finish. For many many months people have toiled on that road in fact if it's Wednesday you work in onne and you dey office by 5 pm and you intend to take you and your vehicle home that day na midnight things.
The irony is that it is a federal road and I remember once it was so bad that a company near that akpajo junction on the road had to fill the gullies with Hardcore, Nna ehn they entered big yawa with ferma - their crime was that they were 'spoiling' a federal road.
If I no join politics ehn..........
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by mrborntodoit: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2013
smajatt:
God PUNISH U 4 dat,se jonahmumu na ur broda abi u ar jst blind 2 see d truth. If dat jonah try rubbish 4 2015 na THUNDER go strike am.

Take am easy bro, don't think and type with frustration. Gej will wipe away the sorrows caused by the past presidents grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by omenka(m): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2013
Came too late to the party. Will reserve my comments for another day.

@OP. Good morning!!!!
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by jeffizy(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo: You know what's worst than an airport being halted for GEJ arriving, every single northern state paying a 2000 dollar hajj airline ticket for 60 million muslims in states that have the highest polio rate and infant mortality rate in the known world after the Republic of Niger
Dead on arrival! Out of point!
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2013
Op i have 4 words for you. YOU HAVE FAILED WOEFULY

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by LadyH(f): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2013
smajatt:
God PUNISH U 4 dat,se jonahmumu na ur broda abi u ar jst blind 2 see d truth. If dat jonah try rubbish 4 2015 na THUNDER go strike am.
naaaa waaaa oooo
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by stebell(m): 11:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Idoma Likita: GEJ shudda used an Airforce Base na!
I'm his firm supporter oh, but his Anti-masses behaviour can be irritating sometimes!
D So-called VIPs following u up & down 2day didn't stand in d Hot Sun from 7am-5pm in 2011 to vote you in! We did!

My guy yu don't stay in PH so yu don't kno hw de traffic here wit us is.

There are about 3 roads to de PH airport and there is no traffic around de airport. So even wit de president entourage, peeps still use de roads.

Now talking of Airforce Base, that road wud hv been no go area for like hrs.
That road even wit out de president coming is always tite. Ask de road users.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Orikinla(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Moreover, the PH airport stinks.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by awodman: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mr aboki when exactly did work pick-up in this Eleme axis you are talking about and when was it finished?

Does that Eleme road lead to Okirika?..I want to understand how exactly it is connected to the PEJ's mum burial

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by calabaman(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
All I know be say

I MUST BE A VIP IJN..... AMEN!!!!

See levels
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by DWJOBScom(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Akshow: hehehehehehe couldn't just resist the opportunity to chip in jfk silly low life. Were u hovering cos some twats who called themselves dignitaries are busy using the airport. Fooooolish Mr know all, those jargons u wrote up there for ur left mind u don blow grammar be dat o. I say a big shame on u if with all d 'many travels' u claim to have embarked u don't see anything wrong with hovering in d air cos of some vips. Numbskull I said 'vips' and not any other unforeseen emergencies cos u are a thick skull that needs clarification to understand. if they are calling steeeewpid myopic reee..eetaaards ur hands should always be up to say present sir.

I think you lied over your "age" or seun\Admin wouldn't have let you in here.......
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
I agree with ohibenemma. GEJ should have used the Airforce base in Port Harcourt, instead of inconveniencing the commercial flights.
In the US, the President only lands at a civilian airport if that particular city doesn't have an airbase/Airforce base. Moreover, when the US Airforce one lands in a civilian airport, the airspace around that airport is closed for ONLY 15 mins. Once the plane lands, flight activities resume at the airport.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by quinesta: 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
''What we need is the second coming of Jesus to put an end to all this''

If i may asked, are you ready for that second coming?
The second coming won't only be for the President or what he does, but for all of us.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by richP: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
smart134:

ppl lyk u think lyk kids...! Am sure if de make u presido...na our moni u go steal! Cari go gave IBB 4 iraq
are you OKAY!
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
awodman: Mr aboki when exactly did work pick-up in this Eleme axis you are talking about and when was it finished?

Does that Eleme road lead to Okirika?..I want to understand how exactly it is connected to the PEJ's mum burial

In fairness, work had started generally on the East- west road a long time ago with significant progress achieved. But the Eleme part had not been touched. The road there was still bad. That entire road is being constructed by RCC and I know it like the back of my hand. But the work picked up 'extra-ordinary pace' around Petro chemical area which leads into Okrika just for this funeral. They even took it as far as Eleme junction.

Okrika can only be accessed by road from Eleme express road. The only other access is by water from the part of Okrika that sits on Port-Harcourt mainland (Abuloma).
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Rhino5dm: 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

In fairness, work had started generally on the East- west road a long time ago with significant progress achieved. But the Eleme part had not been touched. The road there was still bad. That entire road is being constructed by RCC and I know it like the back of my hand. But the work picked up 'extra-ordinary pace' around Petro chemical area which leads into Okrika just for this funeral. They even took it as far as Eleme junction.

Okrika can only be accessed by road from Eleme express road. The only other access is by water from the part of Okrika that sits on Port-Harcourt mainland (Abuloma).

Which East - West Road are you talking about? I stopped flying for some reasons known to all, so don't tell me about EAST - west road. Just less than 2% of the that road is completed.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by awodman: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Thanks for the explanation...we really need to stop this eye service thing,it can never help us to grow
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Which East - West Road are you talking about? I stopped flying for some reasons known to all, so don't tell me about EAST - west road. Just less than 2% of the that road is completed.

Rhino

I fit tear shirt fight you for that road matter.

The Port Harcourt - Akwa Ibom axis of East-West road na ehn I dey talk about o!! The Port-Harourt - Benin side na another matter. But I posted a picture of my Speedometer here on Nairaland showing 200km/hr. That speed was done on this axis of east west road. The road is about 80% complete on the Port - Harcourt Akwa Ibom side. Infact, immediately you cross Eleme Petrochemical junction, you hit super good road from Nonwa till you exit Port-Harcourt into Akwa Ibom. ANd even after crossing into Akwa Ibom, the road is good till one turn off that takes you to Uyo.

I so believe that road that I left Port-Hacourt for Uyo by 6:40p and arrived Uyo before 8.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by agabaI23(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
What is busy in planes being selfishly declayed because the President and/or his wife is in the airport? Is any of our airports as busy as JFK airport, New York or Heathrow, London, where planes land almost every minute.
Is any of your airport as big as JFK or Heathrow?

I think Naptu2's insight above takes care of the presidents part of your comment.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by chukel(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mr. Aboki until now was an ardent follower of "fresh air" because his life was put on d line by his oga. All along most nigerians lives have been put on d line by his oga, but he saw nothing wrong because he was not directly involved. Dat is hw it is pple. Wat goes around, comes around. Until insincere nigerians mother is killed by his paymaster, he wud not repent. Until foolish akpa ife's father is killed by dia paymaster, he will remain foolish. For sure wat goes around comes around
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by Rhino5dm: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Rhino

I fit tear shirt fight you for that road matter.

The Port Harcourt - Akwa Ibom axis of East-West road na ehn I dey talk about o!! The Port-Harourt - Benin side na another matter. But I posted a picture of my Speedometer here on Nairaland showing 200km/hr. That speed was done on this axis of east west road. The road is about 80% complete on the Port - Harcourt Akwa Ibom side. Infact, immediately you cross Eleme Petrochemical junction, you hit super good road from Nonwa till you exit Port-Harcourt into Akwa Ibom. ANd even after crossing into Akwa Ibom, the road is good till one turn off that takes you to Uyo.

I so believe that road that I left Port-Hacourt for Uyo by 6:40p and arrived Uyo before 8.

Ok. cool

My man!!! Me think say you talk about PH to Warri. I for bring like 30 pictures now now.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by MrAboki: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
chukel: Mr. Aboki until now was an ardent follower of "fresh air" because his life was put on d line by his oga. All along most nigerians lives have been put on d line by his oga, but he saw nothing wrong because he was not directly involved. Dat is hw it is pple. Wat goes around, comes around. Until insincere nigerians mother is killed by his paymaster, he wud not repent. Until foolish akpa ife's father is killed by dia paymaster, he will remain foolish. For sure wat goes around comes around

heheheheee

Well! It wasn't the fact that I was kept in the air circling for 45 mins despite the recent issues we have been experiencing in the Aviation sector in Nigeria that bothered me per se, it was the fact that it took the funeral of the Presidents Mother-in-law for Eleme/Onne road that is a very important road to not just only Rivers State but Nigeria as a whole to be finally fixed.

I have been kept in the Air before in Nigeria. I remember being kept in the air way back when Virgin Nigeria was still our National carrier in Lagos for about 30mins in bad weather. I didn't like the fact that an entire city would be taken hostage for the funeral of the Presidents mother in law, but hey its expected. But that Eleme road matter was really bad. You do not want to know what that road was like and that is a Federal road.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by kinguwem: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
bloggernaija: That is what you get in an animal farm.
The burial of a nonentity is being used to waste public funds and infrastructure
Mind your language.
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by taharqa2: 12:13am On Nov 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Less than 2% of the East-West Rd has been completed?? shocked shocked

Ahh!!! @Rhinoceros, fear God....
Re: My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today by bloggernaija: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
jairus ben: u must be very stupid look at d manner in wich u open ur mouth an insulted a deseased...if nt for sake of ursef bt for ur generation...okrika is not an ordinary land..

Mumu
Ode oshi
When did nonentity become an insult
A Typical Nigerian who reacts without knowing meaning of what he is reacting to.

nonentity
nɒˈnɛntɪti/
noun
plural noun: nonentities
a person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing.
"a political nonentity"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn / 18 Nigerians Stranded In India, Seek Help From The Public To Relocate / Katsina Begins Door-to-door Search For Lagos, Abuja Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.