Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari (15151 Views)

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers / Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit / Obasanjo In Closed-door Meeting With PDP G-7 governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Unblockable: 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Flag Missing On Nyako’s Official Car

THE speculated cross-carpeting by the seven discontented governors of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) is no longer rumour, as former military Head of State and APC chieftain, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, confirmed Friday that they have agreed to join the party with their supporters.

Buhari, who was received at the Yola International Airport by Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, alongside his APC entourage that included former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, party Interim Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, Gen. Mohammed Buba Marwa and other top party members, told reporters at the airport that their tour of the G-7 governors’ states has yielded positive result, as the governors had given positive responses to the invitation to join the APC.

Insisting that “we now have the G-7 governors in our fold, our tour is yielding positive result for the party,” Buhari, who claimed that APC was formed to salvage the country from PDP bondage, urged Nigerians not to rest in their fight against injustice and impunity meted against them by the PDP government.

He commended Nyako and his rebel group for their alleged fight for injustice, noting that their fight was for the good of the people of Nigeria and in defence of democracy.

Nyako, while welcoming his guests to the state, however, said he was still in PDP but would always identify with like minds for the progress of the country.

He explained: “What we are doing today is not politics but showing concern for our future. The fact that Buhari is here physically with other bigwigs portends hope, that leaders from various divides are meeting here gives Nigeria the hope that we are uniting for the good of the country.”

Nevertheless, he stated: “The PDP is very, very sick. If APC means making Nigeria a key player in Africa or saving Nigeria, securing Nigeria, I don’t mind being in any political party.

“The PDP is on the verge of death because the leaders in Abuja have given the party a terrifying uppercut. If the party is dead, nobody should expect me to follow a dead party into the grave.”

Meanwhile, Nyako had arrived the airport earlier without the PDP flag on his official car, but only the Nigeria flag flying by the passenger side. He eventually left the airport in a white 32-seater Toyota coaster with his guests to Government House, where they had a closed-door meeting.

The APC Interim National Vice Chairman, North-East Zone, Alhaji Umar Duhu noted that the tour was at the instance of the APC to “woo prospective members into its fold,” stressing that the presence of the G7 governors in their fold would strengthen the party and send PDP to its early grave with a bitter political lesson.

He added: “We are so glad with the coming of aggrieved PDP governors into our fold because it will boost the chances of our party in 2015 and facilitate the final burial of the PDP by sending the party to its early grave and teaching them a bitter political lesson.

“We are not expecting only seven but 11 of them. With this development, the opposition will now have 22 governors and probably take over the leadership of the National Assembly, so you can see even before the battle the 2015 election is already won.”

SOURCE: www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news/national-news/137378-apc-has-captured-g-7-governors-says-buhari

3 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 02, 2013
HMMMM
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2013
I'm in!

Team APC!

Let's overwhelm the killer party and run it out of town.

11 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by braine(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Whatever to destroy PDP in Nigeria• I'm in•

34 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by WHees(m): 1:18am On Nov 02, 2013
braine: Whatever to destroy PDP in Nigeria• we are in•

11 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by taharqa2: 3:55am On Nov 02, 2013
With all due Respect, and with every Sense of Responsibility, I just need to say this:

[size=14]Gen Buhari is a bladdi HYPOCRITE!!![/size]

dats alll...

29 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by danderson(f): 4:11am On Nov 02, 2013
Can u destroy the incumbent PDP. I dey laugh cos any deserter G7 has committed political suicide

13 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 4:20am On Nov 02, 2013
I dont believe in neither of the party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 4:24am On Nov 02, 2013
But why is APC always interested in getting the deserted PDP members, can't they perform without former PDP members. How are we sure they wouldn't copy PDP's agenda.

Well, it is well.

32 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by yashau(m): 4:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Apc vs Pdp live and exclusive to nairaland

Venue: nigeriia
Tag: battleof titansApc vs Pdp live and exclusive to nairaland

Tag: battleof titans
Apc vs Pdp live and exclusive to nairaland

Tag: battle of titans!!

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 02, 2013
taharqa2:
With all due Respect, and with every Sense of Responsibility, I just need to say this:

[size=14]Gen Buhari is a bladdi HYPOCRITE!!![/size]

dats alll...

You 40 Laptop guys are cheating Reno Omockery O. With all the money you guys earn you come online with lame one liners.Only Sincere9gerian deh try write well well.
Abeg wake up O.I hate cheating.

32 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2013
If they like let them capture the 36 state governors,we all are aware that GEJ must complete his tenure in 2019. I want to use this opportunity to state categorically that come 2015 APC I repeat APC will never or will not win more than 5 states in the election. Just bookmark this for reference purposes.

11 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2013
Nice one, I'm also in #team APC

4 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Unblockable: 6:31am On Nov 02, 2013
APC all the way

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Kingspin(m): 6:57am On Nov 02, 2013
Buhari go and sit down, you are a failure as far as this generation is concern. We know your voters and supporters lies with bokoharam centre and the likes. Islam dog.

7 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by shidof(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Kingspin: Buhari go and sit down, you are a failure as far as this generation is concern. We know your vote and supporters lies with bokoharam centre and the likes. Islam dog.
must u put religion into everytin. @ least try to reason for som degrees.

7 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by shidof(m): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2013
As much as i want pdp out of power, i dn't think running after d G-7 cn yield any good result cos they still ve pdp mindset wit dere way of ruling.

2 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2013
shidof: As much as i want pdp out of power, i dn't think running after d G-7 cn yield any good result cos they still ve pdp mindset wit dere way of ruling.
its not the people that matters but a new policy which APC is ready to give.

4 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by rozayx5(m): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2013
as long as APC is made up of former PDP members i just see them as old wine in new skin, still no hope in the horizon embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by juman(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2013
One nigeria is nigeria's problem.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by kokoA(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2013
shidof: As much as i want pdp out of power, i dn't think running after d G-7 cn yield any good result cos they still ve pdp mindset wit dere way of ruling.
politics is a game of numbers bro. You need the numbers to get to power, it is what you do with that power that will stand you out. A party comprising of 100percent good men will only be popular among people like you and me privileged to have some form of formal education but not among my relatives who live in the village.. These new guys have solid grassroot base in their respective states weather we agree or not, that's where the numbers are.

15 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by seunfly: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Pdp people are infected with pdp failure syndrome, so i'm not gonna welcome them into APC. May be Apc can just use them to spread their tentacles and drop them afterward otherwise, uuummmh!!!
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Olaolufred(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2013
braine: Whatever to destroy PDP in Nigeria• I'm in•

A child born in 1999, but can neither crawl or talk.
Something must be done.

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Olaolufred(m): 8:19am On Nov 02, 2013
TribalEAST: its not the people that matters but a new policy which APC is ready to give.

PROBABLY THE REASON WHY NIGERIANS BREAK ALL KNOWN LAWS AT HOME, BUT OBEY ALL LAWS ABROAD.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Hypocrisy unprecedented! They say PDP has failed Nigerians, yet they keep going after and recruiting key PDP members. How do we reconcile this show of shame?

Anyway, I'm sure president Jonathan knows what to do the gathering of angry, bitter ethnic bigots.

Meanwhile, Atiku in his recent interview revealed that he sponsored/financially supported the presidential election campaigns of Buhari in 2011 elections. Can you imagine that? A PDP member, who contested in the PDP primary for that same election and failed only to later fund the campaign of the CPC candidate all because of shameful ethnic politics?

26 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2013
seunfly: Pdp people are infected with pdp failure syndrome, so i'm not gonna welcome them into APC. May be Apc can just use them to spread their tentacles and drop them afterward otherwise, uuummmh!!!
that's the game plan.

Yoruba party WINNING and flying, haters are WHINNING and crying.

2 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by braine(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2013
greatgod2012: But why is APC always interested in getting the deserted PDP members, can't they perform without former PDP members. How are we sure they wouldn't copy PDP's agenda.

Well, it is well.

You need to study the art of war• Then you'll understand• No permanent friends or enemies in politics• Only permanent interests•

4 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by braine(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2013
chidindufrank: If they like let them capture the 36 state governors,we all are aware that GEJ must complete his tenure in 2019. I want to use this opportunity to state categorically that come 2015 APC I repeat APC will never or will not win more than 5 states in the election. Just bookmark this for reference purposes.

I've quoted you and bookmarked the page and even munched it• Get ready for some lashing in 2015•

5 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Lagosbabe1: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Keep recycling.

PDP governors moving to APC.

Nigeria! When is the change coming. All I see is same old people with thirst for power. Which way for the common man.

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2013
Bunch of northern Muslim carnivorous undecided animals [APC]

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by otokx(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2013
Birds of the same feathers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki And Ekweremadu Arrive Court For Continuation Of Their Forgery Trial(pics) / PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe / Senate Passes Business Reform Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.