Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,516 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal (12460 Views)

Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) / LAGBUS Accident On 3rd Mainland This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Solutioncrib: 7:45am On Nov 02, 2013
COMMUTERS at the Ojodu/Berger terminal of LAGBUS, on Friday, took to their heels in panic after a bus which had just been driven into the station suddenly burst into flames.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos said that the commuters fled in different directions when flames erupted under the front wheels of the bus with registration no: XP 962 AKD.

The driver, simply identified as Amuda, and other officials of the LAGBUS Asset Management Company, operators of the buses, however, were able to promptly bring the fire under control.
A commuter, Mr Oyewole Kayode, told NAN that somce friction on the brake linings might have caused the fire.

Kayode, who claimed to be a technician, lauded the officials for being able to put out the fire without any causality.
He described the situation as unfortunate, but added that it could have happened to anyone.
Some other commuters, however, urged the company to increase the number of buses on its fleet to avoid long waits by passengers at the Berger – CMS/Lagos terminal.

A senior official of LAGBUS, who refused to identify himself, however, declined to comment on the issue.

“Madam, there is no problem,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/25368-panic-as-lagos-bus-bursts-into-flames.html
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by venorite(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2013
OK nobody died, that's good
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by AmenJoan(f): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2013
Thank God for their lives...

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by pstdre(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Good nobody died...
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Pretyangel25(f): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2013
Thank God nobody died. Fp tinz
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 02, 2013
mber disasters
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2013
Na wa oo,All dis fire accidents don dey too much.All is well
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2013
Maintenance in Nigeria is -20 (minus 20)
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Booked.
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Exjoker(m): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2013
na wa o...dis country de scare me o...fire here fire there frequent plane nd car crash, terrorism, piratin, bullet proof scandal(courption) here nd there...

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by slimmingcare(f): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2013
OH MY GOD....SO WAS LAST NITE WHEN A COMMERCIAL BUS HIT A STANDING STREET LIGHT AT AGEGE.GOD DO NOT LET YOUR SHIELD OF PROTECTION GO AWAY FROM ME.AMEN
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by IAMBREEZY: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2013
thank God nobody died.
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2013
Haba! Media sha! I was there. It didn't burst into flames. It was extinguished before any damage was done and it was just the side of the right tyres in the front.

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by unmask: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: E woo!
Chimo-obi!
Last Bullet:
Imagine this happened when the bus was on motion & was fully loaded with passengers.
2nd Bullet:
It's an end time sign.
3rd Bullet:
I don't support the closure of all markets in Lagos in honour of the birthday of Oba Akiolu.
It's an abuse to the rights of the traders & their customers.
Forget about age long traditions.
Some things just don't need to happen.
Last Bullet:
This is coming from a reasonable yoruba man.
I agree with you on this....just as we shouldn't stop work or school for xmas, salah, easter, childrens day etc.....it is wrong and should be stopped outright....keep d flag flying

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by iamswizz(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2013
unmask: I agree with you on this....just as we shouldn't stop work or school for xmas, salah, easter, childrens day etc.....it is wrong and should be stopped outright....keep d flag flying
your attempt at sarcasm, is extremely succour with gravitate and tremendous alacrity.
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by chucky234(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2013
tobiflink: Haba! Media sha! I was there. It didn't burst into flames. It was extinguished before any damage was done and it was just the side of the right tyres in the front.
You prolly got problem understanding written texts.
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by mildteddy(m): 11:54am On Nov 02, 2013
No life lost? That's good news, but what is not is our maintenance culture - it's too poor. Imagine, the fire came from the brake lining...
It's all good. KSLIB will say

"Aal izz well"

where the heck is that dude?
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by bastien: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ok
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
Orisirisi.
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
tongue ntoor
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by symbian03(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: E woo!
Chimo-obi!
Last Bullet:
Imagine this happened when the bus was on motion & was fully loaded with passengers.
2nd Bullet:
It's an end time sign.
3rd Bullet:
I don't support the closure of all markets in Lagos in honour of the birthday of Oba Akiolu.
It's an abuse to the rights of the traders & their customers.
Forget about age long traditions.
Some things just don't need to happen.
Last Bullet:
This is coming from a reasonable yoruba man.

Stop all These your last bullet crap, really annoying. How old are u btw
Re: LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
symbian03:

Stop all These your last bullet crap, really annoying. How old are u btw
I m an old man. Age has little to do with people's posts. You get that?
Last Bullet:I m free to express my conclusions with Last Bullet.
It's just a word in replace of lastly.
Don't be scared of bullets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos / How To Care For Your Car Windscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.