Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. (8754 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / APC Refutes Alleged Relocation Of Boko-haram Detainees To Anambra - Vanguard / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by davidugotex(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2013
FELLOW ANAMBRARIANS
For how long should we continue to allow Mr Peter Obi put enmity between us in a bid to achieve his Selfish desires? In the last guber election, he employed religious politics- Catholics against Protestant. Now that it is obvious that that approach is becoming unpopular, he has introduced the bigotry of zoning. Must he always instigate Anambra people against one another in a bid to have his selfish way?

Is it not on record that Anambra North whom Peter Obi claims to be politically marginalized has produced the First and only President of Nigeria from the South-East zone in the person of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe? Is it not also on record that since the return of democracy in 1999, the only Senate President Anambra State has produced is from the zone in the person of Rt Hon. Chuba Okadigbo? Have we also forgotten that the late Ukpabi Asika who was the governor of the whole Eastern States was also from Anambra North? My people I ask, how is a zone that has produced these notable leaders marginalized?

In terms of infrastructure, the biggest market in West Africa- Main Market Onitsha, is it not cited in Anambra North?
The Refinery that is being built in Anambra State by Orient Petroleum Ltd, please is it not cited in Anambra North? I ask again, how is Anambra North marginalized?
Anambra State airport which was previously proposed to be built in Oba was later zoned to Anambra North by the government of Peter Obi; how are they marginalized? Let somebody explain to me how a zone that has the largest market in West Africa, the only refinery in the State, and the proposed cargo airport marginalized

Many of us followed the just concluded debates organized for all the governorship aspirants in the State, both the one organized by Silverbird Television and the one by AIT. We saw how Peter Obi's stooge- Willie Obiano was clueless as to how he plans to govern Anambra State; we also saw how he was reading out everything from a note handed over to him by Peter Obi even when the moderator of the debate made it clear at the beginning that no candidate should speak from a prepared note. We have also heard Obiano dwell so much on enlisting the support of Donor Agencies, in fact, there is never a project he planned to embark on without the mention of Donor Agencies, again I ask, When has Anambra State become beggars that we can no longer generate resources to tackle our own problems? What if those "Father Christmas" agencies disappoint him, so his government will achieve nothing?

My people, let us together sweep away those who want to enthrone mediocrity and bigotry in our State, and vote for those who have the vision, the road map, the courage, and the charisma to give us good governance that we desire.
-David Onyebuchi

32 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by drestoneokuta(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2013
True story
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Divinetouch(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2013
davidugotex: FELLOW ANAMBRARIANS
For how long should we continue to allow Mr Peter Obi put enmity between us in a bid to achieve his Selfish desires? In the last guber election, he employed religious politics- Catholics against Protestant. Now that it is obvious that that approach is becoming unpopular, he has introduced the bigotry of zoning. Must he always instigate Anambra people against one another in a bid to have his selfish way?

Is it not on record that Anambra North whom Peter Obi claims to be politically marginalized has produced the First and only President of Nigeria from the South-East zone in the person of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe? Is it not also on record that since the return of democracy in 1999, the only Senate President Anambra State has produced is from the zone in the person of Rt Hon. Chuba Okadigbo? Have we also forgotten that the late Ukpabi Asika who was the governor of the whole Eastern States was also from Anambra North? My people I ask, how is a zone that has produced these notable leaders marginalized?

In terms of infrastructure, the biggest market in West Africa- Main Market Onitsha, is it not cited in Anambra North?
The Refinery that is being built in Anambra State by Orient Petroleum Ltd, please is it not cited in Anambra North? I ask again, how is Anambra North marginalized?
Anambra State airport which was previously proposed to be built in Oba was later zoned to Anambra North by the government of Peter Obi; how are they marginalized? Let somebody explain to me how a zone that has the largest market in West Africa, the only refinery in the State, and the proposed cargo airport marginalized

Many of us followed the just concluded debates organized for all the governorship aspirants in the State, both the one organized by Silverbird Television and the one by AIT. We saw how Peter Obi's stooge- Willie Obiano was clueless as to how he plans to govern Anambra State; we also saw how he was reading out everything from a note handed over to him by Peter Obi even when the moderator of the debate made it clear at the beginning that no candidate should speak from a prepared note. We have also heard Obiano dwell so much on enlisting the support of Donor Agencies, in fact, there is never a project he planned to embark on without the mention of Donor Agencies, again I ask, When has Anambra State become beggars that we can no longer generate resources to tackle our own problems? What if those "Father Christmas" agencies disappoint him, so his government will achieve nothing?

My people, let us together sweep away those who want to enthrone mediocrity and bigotry in our State, and vote for those who have the vision, the road map, the courage, and the charisma to give us good governance that we desire.
-David Onyebuchi

well spoken.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by maximunimpact(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2013
@OP pls which party and candidate are u supporting?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by gen2briz(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2013

-David Onyebuchi

Noted
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by gen2briz(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2013

-David Onyebuchi

Noted
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 02, 2013
THE GUBER RACE FOR NOW IS BETMEEN IFEANYI UBAH AND NGIGE............ OBIANO IS TOO POLITICALLY NAIVE

7 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by manfred10(m): 10:37am On Nov 02, 2013
He who has ears..........
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Luckygurl(f): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2013
NGIGE all d way..

10 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by DonaldGenes(m): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Am from Akwa Ibom,will i be allowed to vote on the 16th for my man Dr.Chris Nqiqe?

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by dridowu: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Less than 400hours to elect Ngige as the New Gov of Anambra

13 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Valto(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2013
Nairaland have gone to the dogs. Imagine openly campaigning for ngige...

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by duke4ever: 10:42am On Nov 02, 2013
The opposition in Anambra is not sleeping at all. It's all for good. The OP is on point sha
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by davidugotex(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2013
maximunimpact: @OP pls which party and candidate are u supporting?

I'm not rooting for anybody in particular, though I think Ngige is more experienced than the rest of them, but my fear is that Nigerian politicians are pathological liars; they have a record of not keeping to their campaign promises. So I can't actually vouch for any candidate.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by matzoro(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2013
patiently waiting for nov 17...i hp nairaland dnt declare public holiday cos am going to get my revenge...
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Valto(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2013
more than 80% of the real anambra eligible voters are not on nairaland and moreover being a very good orator doesn't make one a very good administrator.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by iamswizz(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2013
dridowu: Less than 400hours to elect Ngige as the New Gov of Anambra
i envy ur empty dreams

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by hbrednic: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2013

-David Onyebuchi

Crapy and Trapish,good only for the garbage.
Anambra people are one,let the best canditate win.Anambra left my foot angry

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by DonaldGenes(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2013
But why will a grown up man be quoting the whole post nah? Are some people really well? Mtcheeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by venorite(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2013
OK op, iI hear you
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Valto(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2013
davidugotex:

I'm not rooting for anybody in particular, though I think Ngige is more experienced than the rest of them , but my fear is that Nigerian politicians are pathological liars; they have a record of not keeping to their campaign promises. So I can't actually vouch for any candidate.
an experience gathered from stealing people mandate back in 2003 or the crude selfishness of citing more than 80% of road contracts during his tenure in his local government Anambraians want a governor that will make good impact in all parts of the state, not some dormant senator that cares only for his town and local govt

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Moi,I'm not voting,I care less about who emerges as d winner,Those voting anyway,vote for whomever u think is d right candidate
Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Valto(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2013
dridowu: Less than 400hours to elect Ngige as the New Gov of Anambra
sorry dreamer. the actual voting will be done in anambra, not on nairaland or lasgidi grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Clerverly: 11:04am On Nov 02, 2013
Peter ADaObi Fidelity is a Scam Artist tongue

11 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by moodswing(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2013
You wrote all these to discredit a credible Obiano or to test your abject ignorance?.

FYI, Obiano happens to be the only candidate armed with facts and figures about Anambra economy and it's economic state.

Other candidates were just engaged in general rhetorics. None of them authoritatively answered any question with verifiable facts and figures. Is that the people you want to govern the state?. People without facts, data and stats about the state they intend to govern?. Give me a break.

It is not in speaking grammar or making bogus promises but articulating governance and stating achievable goals with the available resource at the disposal of the state.

I will build airport, I will build seaport, I will build railway, I will build kainji damn bla bla bla. PPP et all are all arrant nonsense.

Only Obiano streamlined his agenda with the current and expected economic capacity of the state. Which makes him a truly credible candidate. Ngige is a monumental failure both as governor and a senator. He's on riding on hype sustained by the APC media propaganda.

Go and vote your preferred candidate, only a liar will say that Peter Obi - Okwute Ndigbo (The rock of the Igbos) has not done well.

And his anointed candidate is also one of the credible few who can match or surpass his achievement.

15 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by MAYOWAAK: 11:04am On Nov 02, 2013
Gov Peter Obi of APGA walks through an impassable major road in Onitsha to campaign for Willie Obiano. This unmotorable road was neglected for 8 whole years, but he unashamedly walks through the same road to beg residents for votes. Ndi Anambra, VOTE WISELY!!!

14 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2013
ANAMBRA IS FOR APGA.anyi bu ndi Anambra.APGA BU UGWU ANYI,APGA BU EBUBE ANYI.we will vote Apga for continuety.KOKOROKOO chi efo o o o o

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Mgbadike80: 11:07am On Nov 02, 2013
Nairaland moderators are clearly on a smear campaign to destroy the reputation of obiano and peter obi while pushing ngige as their prefered candidate. This is very bad and one of the reasons many of the old timers have left this forum.the moderators should pull this off from the frontpage. You can't just take a piece of trash written by an unknown entity and turn it into a frontpage materials. I thereby plead with all the true sons of omanbala to stop responding to this post and any other of such posts meant to draw traffic to this site by using foul means as it regards the upcoming election in anambra. Udo diri unu.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Cordismaria: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2013
So tell us, who are u campaigning for, so dat we know who 2 volt for.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by Dannylux: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2013
Nice one, Dude!!
I'd vote for Ngige if I was in Anambra presently. No sentiments

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Anambra Voters. by ik4life: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2013
It is only a fool that will vote 4 peter's obi third term agenda.ndi anambra muru unu anya ka azu LP or APC but I go 4 LP,ngige is only in senate

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chief-Judge, Umezulike And Aneke Accused Of Forgery And Fraud / Finally Buhari Presents His Certificate, Shames Wailers / How Influx Of Illegal Miners Into Osun Threatens Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.