Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,478 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Tecno M5 discussion thread - Phones (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno M5 discussion thread (180500 Views)

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] / Infinix zero discussion thread! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Criz: add me on whatsapp 08094691501 pls
who are referring to?
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2013
Though m5 battery is very "ok" but not "wao"; has any1 else noticed this. Once d battery gets to 15% it rapidly drains to 0% within 2minutes or less. Or is this a personal issue wt my phone?
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Gurus in d house, plz, how do i permanently close those app that kept auto opening after cleaning/closing.
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by jiggar(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Sorbital:

Yah! Have giving it a trial, though I didn't get to completion.

1. After making a backup with online nandroid backup, does it create authomatically create a folder called clockworkmode inside the sdcard

2. On coping the boot.IMG file from the stock backup ROM folder into the PC, where exactly would you have me paste it. I mean which folder in d PC

3. Does it take such a very long while for the mtkdroid tool to scan and identify my device. Though it eventually did identified all

4. On getting to step above, I waited patiently for d whole " thing" to finish processing, I did saw the tick box at the bottom left corner having yellow colour, yet I can't tick it. Note, my mouse pointer was showing normal and can of course click other things there but cannot tick the box.

5. Note, as I was waiting, some progress bar kept going to completion and starting all over, as I kept answering yes to each popped up dialogue box that surfaced.

6. At that juncture, after waiting for a long while for the box to be tickable without luck, I had to force close the application and tender the report here.

7. In your opinion, what did I do wrong, or do you think that I was not patient enough to allow the whole thing finish. Please, your opinion is highly needed. In fact, what should I do now.

Note, my phone works very well now o as I anticipate that nothing has really started happening before I ejected the phone
My brother, I think you did a very big mistake by removing your phone. That bar that was ending and starting all over again,that you mentioned, could go on for like 30mins to 1hr+, depending on the number of apps on your phone. I got to know about this, when I rooted, installed CWM and backed up my elder brother's P5. I wonder why nobody ever mentions the time frame, it takes for that bar to stop moving automatically. Well, sorry for your challenges, but I hope and pray, that someone would come to your rescue. My help stops here, why because I am using a java phone. The best.
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Sorbital:

Yah! Have giving it a trial, though I didn't get to completion.

1. After making a backup with online nandroid backup, does it create authomatically create a folder called clockworkmode inside the sdcard

2. On coping the boot.IMG file from the stock backup ROM folder into the PC, where exactly would you have me paste it. I mean which folder in d PC

3. Does it take such a very long while for the mtkdroid tool to scan and identify my device. Though it eventually did identified all

4. On getting to step above, I waited patiently for d whole " thing" to finish processing, I did saw the tick box at the bottom left corner having yellow colour, yet I can't tick it. Note, my mouse pointer was showing normal and can of course click other things there but cannot tick the box.

5. Note, as I was waiting, some progress bar kept going to completion and starting all over, as I kept answering yes to each popped up dialogue box that surfaced.

6. At that juncture, after waiting for a long while for the box to be tickable without luck, I had to force close the application and tender the report here.

7. In your opinion, what did I do wrong, or do you think that I was not patient enough to allow the whole thing finish. Please, your opinion is highly needed. In fact, what should I do now.

Note, my phone works very well now o as I anticipate that nothing has really started happening before I ejected the phone

I think u need somebody to be guiding u as u are performing the operation I think I may be of help to u 7bf3ad32. However
2. U can copy the boot.IMG to anywhere u can access it with ur pc but preferably u can create a folder for it
3. I will advise u install pdanet on both ur phone and pc, u can Google search that
4. U won't tick that yellow colour on the bottom left. And the reason u are seeing that yellow colour is because u don't av busybox installed on your phone so install busybox first on ur phone
After that connect ur phone to ur pc after the mtkdroid tools has shown ur phone details (see the pix below) u will now click on ROOT at the right bottom side and grant supersu access on ur phone then wait till the yellow colour change to green after which u can now proceed to porting of cwmr on ur phone. See the pix below for guide.
N. B= when task is complete on the mtkdroid tool. Ur phone will automatically reboot to recovery mode then use the volume up and down for navigation and use the power button to select. Then scroll to back up and restore click on back up and wait till the process is complete. Then reboot ur phone when done.
I just have to make my imei number invisible in the first pix don't worry about that so far the mtkdroid tool show ur phone details. Good luck.

Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Qunlexus4u:
2. U can copy the boot.IMG to anywhere u can access it with ur pc but preferably u can create a folder for it
3. I will advise u install pdanet on both ur phone and pc, u can Google search that
4. U won't tick that yellow colour on the bottom left. And the reason u are seeing that yellow colour is because u don't av busybox installed on your phone so install busybox first on ur phone
After that connect ur phone to ur pc after the mtkdroid tools has shown ur phone details (see the pix below) u will now click on ROOT at the right bottom side and grant supersu access on ur phone then wait till the yellow colour change to green after which u can now proceed to porting of cwmr on ur phone. See the pix below for guide.
N. B= when task is complete on the mtkdroid tool. Ur phone will automatically reboot to recovery mode then use the volume up and down for navigation and use the power button to select. Then scroll to back up and restore click on back up and wait till the process is complete. Then reboot ur phone when done.
I just have to make my imei number invisible in the first pix don't worry about that so far the mtkdroid tool show ur phone details. Good luck.

Hey always keep a watch on the mtkdroid tools, leave that green bar that keep moving just keep ur eyes on the mtkdroid tools. When everything is done u will see task is complete. The movement can take up to 1hr depending on the apps u haves on ur phone I think u will have to start all over again or u can add me so that I can put u try as u are doing it 7bf3ad32
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Qunlexus4u(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Sorbital: Though m5 battery is very "ok" but not "wao"; has any1 else noticed this. Once d battery gets to 15% it rapidly drains to 0% within 2minutes or less. Or is this a personal issue wt my phone?

Same thing here
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by lekelicom(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2013
Sorbital: Though m5 battery is very "ok" but not "wao"; has any1 else noticed this. Once d battery gets to 15% it rapidly drains to 0% within 2minutes or less. Or is this a personal issue wt my phone?
Yha me too, but still observing been first time of using
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Abtundex: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2013
copy d boot.img on ur desktop then open d droidtool beside that recovery option there is two button i think idicating upload image frm pc or phone click on pc then take d boot.img u uploaded on ur desktop then click on d recovery and wait for the process to complete it will automathically of the phone itself then boot up with the cwm recovery mode after completion one tin i forgot to mention again is that u must have busy box installed on ur phone first before you perform d task
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Abtundex: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
you right qunlexus i think busy box actually the key that must be istall on the phone for this tin to work well and patient because it takes a while to complete
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by demsid(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
lunchsplash:
23k at computer village
OK tanx I'm getting mine tomorrow
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by demsid(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
lekeli.com:

Yha me too, but still observing been first time of using
that's when p5 battery goes stronger 15% downwards endurance level
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Fweshdude(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
saddess xmas..1 of d worst day of my life..went 2 get dis tm5 with 16k in my wallet went 2 d bank 2 cash-out 8k,after cashing out i ddnt bother fixing it in my wallet just put it in my pocket,den i embarked on d journey 2 C.V..I finally got dere priced and priced and priced,den i finally agreed @ a suitable price 2 get it 22,3k,we agreed..Tym 2 cash and carry,ah pulled out my wallet 2 bring out d 1st 16k,gave d woman she counted nd waited 4 d completion..GOD!! I searched nd searched i almost got myself nude,jst 2 find out dat my 8k has been stolen..*sobbing* d woman took me 4 a joke and ordered i leave ha shop..was embarassed..ma g.f come dey trouble me 4 xmas dis xmas dat..if i'd not been a guy i would ve cried helplessly..GOD i'm just soured and filing abandoned..*holdin a rope and devilishly lookin @ d ceilin fan*..*sobbing bigtime*..what can i do...
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Josh802: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Fweshdude: saddess xmas..1 of d worst day of my life..went 2 get dis tm5 with 16k in my wallet went 2 d bank 2 cash-out 8k,after cashing out i ddnt bother fixing it in my wallet just put it in my pocket,den i embarked on d journey 2 C.V..I finally got dere priced and priced and priced,den i finally agreed @ a suitable price 2 get it 22,3k,we agreed..Tym 2 cash and carry,ah pulled out my wallet 2 bring out d 1st 16k,gave d woman she counted nd waited 4 d completion..GOD!! I searched nd searched i almost got myself nude,jst 2 find out dat my 8k has been stolen..*sobbing* d woman took me 4 a joke and ordered i leave ha shop..was embarassed..ma g.f come dey trouble me 4 xmas dis xmas dat..if i'd not been a guy i would ve cried helplessly..GOD i'm just soured and filing abandoned..*holdin a rope and devilishly lookin @ d ceilin fan*..*sobbing bigtime*..what can i do...
u wana hang ur self 4 jst 8k .haba .take heart sha .buh 4 hanging ur self .dats sick .jst make it 2 b in ur mind dat d person hu stole ur money have taking ur sorows 4 d cuming 2014.
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by GodswillAJudins(m): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Just got the m5 now cool phone
Should I charge before use or use before charge?

Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by OCcool: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Godswill A Judins: Just got the m5 now cool phone
Should I charge before use or use before charge?
charge first before use. After first charge, use phone till the battery drops to about 10 - 5%. Then charge up to 100%. Repeat step 2 about twice or thrice and your battery is good to go.
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:22am On Dec 24, 2013
stephinnoyewole: ωαηηα ρσʀт тσ ɗιѕ ƒσηє, нσω ιѕ ɗ fone єƒƒιċιєηċу, ʀαм ċσηѕυмιηg, ċαмєʀα αηɗ вα3.ωιℓℓ ℓυν тσ нєαʀ ƒєєɗвαċк αвт ɗιѕ....
тαηχ ιη αмρℓє
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by tboyw(m): 5:24am On Dec 24, 2013
Sorbital: Gurus in d house, plz, how do i permanently close those app that kept auto opening after cleaning/closing.
root ur phone
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by tboyw(m): 5:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Abtundex: copy d boot.img on ur desktop then open d droidtool beside that recovery option there is two button i think idicating upload image frm pc or phone click on pc then take d boot.img u uploaded on ur desktop then click on d recovery and wait for the process to complete it will automathically of the phone itself then boot up with the cwm recovery mode after completion one tin i forgot to mention again is that u must have busy box installed on ur phone first before you perform d task
did he use framaroot to root the phone? if yes he don't need to install any busybox again cos framaroot have done that already. concerning the boot.img, he don't have to copy any boot.img at all, he should just tick "to use boot.img from phone" thats all. 95% of rooting softwares will automatically push busybox and superusuperuser to phone, including phone software and pc software. though u would have to install busybox app if u wanna update the busybox
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Fweshdude(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2013
Josh802: u wana hang ur self 4 jst 8k .haba .take heart sha .buh 4 hanging ur self .dats sick .jst make it 2 b in ur mind dat d person hu stole ur money have taking ur sorows 4 d cuming 2014.
"jst 8k" dude u dont knw wah i deal with nd pas tru..ma 1st android was an l3 earlier dz year got stolen after 2wiks of minor usage..cum july i was given a uk used htc sensation from a chick as birth.day gift it crashed wid-in dah period,ending september i got a relieving p5 wich lasted only till october went wid it 2 ah club but it ddnt cum back wit me (stolen)..so nigga wat do u tink abuh dis huh?..*has d gods of olympus abandoned me??*..money i was xpecting 4 dz xmas didnt cum in full,nxt package am xpectin na til nxt year..was planning on spending d xmas wit d fone..*sobs* i fil rili bad rite naw..nd d fone wey i dey use now isn't kul atal asha 200 wen ma chick dey flex p5..dah kind tin..u aint d perxn inda situation so i dnt xpect u 2 understand..it fils awful bro..
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by lacosteIII(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2013
got mine 2weeks ago cos of x-mas
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by iheanyi40(m): 10:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Fweshdude: saddess xmas..1 of d worst day of my life..went 2 get dis tm5 with 16k in my wallet went 2 d bank 2 cash-out 8k,after cashing out i ddnt bother fixing it in my wallet just put it in my pocket,den i embarked on d journey 2 C.V..I finally got dere priced and priced and priced,den i finally agreed @ a suitable price 2 get it 22,3k,we agreed..Tym 2 cash and carry,ah pulled out my wallet 2 bring out d 1st 16k,gave d woman she counted nd waited 4 d completion..GOD!! I searched nd searched i almost got myself nude,jst 2 find out dat my 8k has been stolen..*sobbing* d woman took me 4 a joke and ordered i leave ha shop..was embarassed..ma g.f come dey trouble me 4 xmas dis xmas dat..if i'd not been a guy i would ve cried helplessly..GOD i'm just soured and filing abandoned..*holdin a rope and devilishly lookin @ d ceilin fan*..*sobbing bigtime*..what can i do...
xo sorry bro tak heart ,we r in d xame leauge, lost my m3 on sat2dy plus 5k n sum clothes i bought,
Mine was jazz sef, so tak heart
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by iheanyi40(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2013
Fweshdude: "jst 8k" dude u dont knw wah i deal with nd pas tru..ma 1st android was an l3 earlier dz year got stolen after 2wiks of minor usage..cum july i was given a uk used htc sensation from a chick as birth.day gift it crashed wid-in dah period,ending september i got a relieving p5 wich lasted only till october went wid it 2 ah club but it ddnt cum back wit me (stolen)..so nigga wat do u tink abuh dis huh?..*has d gods of olympus abandoned me??*..money i was xpecting 4 dz xmas didnt cum in full,nxt package am xpectin na til nxt year..was planning on spending d xmas wit d fone..*sobs* i fil rili bad rite naw..nd d fone wey i dey use now isn't kul atal asha 200 wen ma chick dey flex p5..dah kind tin..u aint d perxn inda situation so i dnt xpect u 2 understand..it fils awful bro..
nigga chill better days ahead, uxtill get 16k sef me wey no get shishi kwanu wetin i go do
My own b say i suppose sell my m3 den add d 15k i hold buy m5 bt i say next year igo buy mak i use 10k enta market use 5k flex dis period,
Now no m3,no 5k,d stuffs i bought gone
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by iheanyi40(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2013
lacosteIII: got mine 2weeks ago cos of x-mas
baba i c u,u don join tey tey sef u just go pack one side undecided
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2013
I need help with wild blood link DAT works plays DAT works
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2013
pes

Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Seth250(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sorbital: Though m5 battery is very "ok" but not "wao"; has any1 else noticed this. Once d battery gets to 15% it rapidly drains to 0% within 2minutes or less. Or is this a personal issue wt my phone? [/quote[quote author=Sorbital]Though m5 battery is very "ok" but not "wao"; has any1 else noticed this. Once d battery gets to 15% it rapidly drains to 0% within 2minutes or less. Or is this a personal issue wt my phone?
] yh,also noticed dat,it occurs a lot
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Seth250(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
GRIMM JOE: pes
where did u download it from
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Fweshdude(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
iheanyi40: xo sorry bro tak heart ,we r in d xame leauge, lost my m3 on sat2dy plus 5k n sum clothes i bought,
Mine was jazz sef, so tak heart
but y??..y dis xmas b like dis na..chei..
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
GRIMM JOE: pes
wack game
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ochillary: wack game
hey the graphic is extremely better it was 453kb but I reduce d picture quality to 183kb as u all know u can't post a file greater Dan 200kb
Re: Tecno M5 discussion thread by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
feels good being back

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (84) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.