Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46665 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigerians clerics are ignorant to the fact that church matters and state matters don't mix.

Now, this is a lesson learnt. I hope RCCG and the likes take a cue from this angry
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Dagoma: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
Na dem sabi!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Orikinla(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
There is a general low appreciation of life in Nigeria.
It is a great pity.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Orikinla: I pity the Igbos of today.
They are like sheep without shepherd.

U want to tribalize this issue, it can happen anywhere, religion has reduced some people to gullible-walking zombies
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ayab1203(f): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dr. Joe:

what is 2million compared to offerings and tithes from his sheep followers, if you think the politicians did not come with a ghana must go for the priest before storming the vigil arena, then you must be one of the sheep.

Stop elevating him naaaa. A programmed robot will be more apt.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by akins56(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
[quote
author=ajodog]But what is it that would make people take children to
night vigil there by denialing them their night sleep. This is
misinformation, am 4rm Anambra and a catholic. Politicians have left
long before this incident. It was caused by HOT FLYING OIL THAT CAUGHT
FIRE WITH A NEAR BY MOTORCYCLE [/quote]oloshi u registered just 40mins ago to spew falshehood!

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
The atheists have hijacked this thread but we the state indigenes have told u that the governor left hours before the stampede started. I'm sick and tired of nairaland and her misgivings.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by plaetton: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: The atheists have hijacked this thread but we the state indigenes have told u that the governor left hours before the stampede started. I'm sick and tired of nairaland and her misgivings.

How many lives have been sacrificed on the alter of atheism in Nigeria?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Randerl: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
Is he a regular member of that assembly?

Does he make it a point of duty as a member to attend Vigil regularly with the Adoration Ministry?

Is he also a regular donor/partner with this ministry?

over to U.

Harmvirus:
Point of correction Peter Obi did not campaign cos I was there,he only addressed us as our Governor.. He is a catholic too so I don't see anything wrong with him attending a vigil
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
May the souls of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in Peace.

cry
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by glinpsygold: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
I was there yesterday but I ve left the rush was too much people are walking through the bush if u fall down people will match u I know how it took me to come out form there. May the soul of the dead one rest in peace.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
plaetton:

How many lives have been sacrificed on the alter of atheism in Nigeria?
bros this is not right time for this na. Lets discuss on another day in another thread.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by gbagyiza: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
whirlwind7: This jungle called Nigeria! Zero organization. Zero law! Zero respect for rule of law, even by those who are meant to uphold it. Zero conscience. Zero accountability. In a sane society, governor Obi would resign over this scandalous incident. But in this jungle called Nigeria, anything and everything goes. People die like chickens. No one is held accountable for it
u hv analised d whole ting, dis country n its people r jokers.y r pastors allowing politicians 2 campaign in d preseence of God.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by crackhouse(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
in as much as I don't like Willie, I still believe this story is fake.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ninapha(f): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva: So, what's wrong with saying the name of the political party.
. He don 'said am' finish only say he no spell the name.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hmnn...Religion and politics!

Let's not be hasty in our accusations cos the stampede may have been caused by fire as claimed by some nlds.

Wish the families of the dead strenght to bear the loss.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
The refusal of d majority of known Obi/Obiano/Apga men like
Chino,
Bulldog,
Kingbang,
E-warrior,
INsincerenigerian,
Asha80
williewillie
to confirm or deny this story says alot about d culpability of of Obi/Obiano on the issue at hand. R.I.P to the dead ones.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by plaetton: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: bros this is not right time for this na. Lets discuss on another day in another thread.

No.
The problem won't go away by postponing it.
You are blaming politics, I am blaming religion.

Perhaps two heads of the same monster?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by 36STATES: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
chinjo: Long live Reverend Father Obimma Emmanuel. May God continue to increase ur annointing IJN. How many men of God can reject a donation of N2 million but he did it cause his ministry is to win souls for Christ and not to make money.

You're a disgrace to humanity. So many folks went there and lost there lives and you don't seem to be shocked by that...insted you are busy praising your criminal Fr for not accepting a donation. People like you will always wallow in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by whitecat007: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Is it me or what ? The name of political party that caused the death of tens of people was going to be kept secret, for what purpose?

Thank goodness for those who reached in poster's throat to pull the name out for us.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Na Yoruba people cause am.
Yoruba don come Anambra kill our people.
ndi ofe.mmanu we give you ultimatum
return them back to life else ogbunike go scatter ur land undecided
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sorry to those who believe this news.come to Ndi igbo page in facebook if you want the real truth
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
anitank: Exactly the same thing happened in enugu years back, the same adoration ground, the same priest. These politicians just don't like him because he tells them the truth.

Dont talk trash when am around?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by agadez007(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ngige goes to vigil,everybody go home alive
obi(ano) goes to campaign at vigil,people are carried with strechers to the moutuary
what a world
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Youngzedd(m): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
What are they hiding when the name of the parties are open like fowl nyash.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by jessywake(f): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
why is dis years election turning to another thing? Canpaines are not done in the church for Goodness sake while APGA ve shown us how they are going to bastardise us when they get to that sit.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by trendystuf(f): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Read & see the photos when you continue ... Viewers discretion is advised: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/11/photos-see-30-people-who-died-at-holy.html

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by BonnyDominic: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dis is d true person of Obi. Expect more. May d soul of d dead rest in peace. Amen
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by IYANGBALI: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
looplat: Na Yoruba people cause am.
Yoruba don come Anambra kill our people.
ndi ofe.mmanu we give you ultimatum
return them back to life else ogbunike go scatter ur land undecided
oponu ode

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by oboy3(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
crackhouse: in as much as I don't like Willie, I still believe this story is fake.
you think it is fake?now see what obiano said about it,and tell us if its fake or not
Chief Willie Obiano:
My people, it's so sad that people have heated
up the Anambra polity to the point of using
the death of our beloved brethren to
scavenge for public opinion. Now I call that
callous and evil! My supporters have never
been known for violence and will never be.
Remember that he who throws a stone into
the market will hurt his own kinsman. My
heart goes to families that lost their loved
ones, I mourn with you. May the souls of the
faithful departed rest in peace with our Lord.
Amen.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by DonHummer(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
pls u guys should stop creating lies on this issue to discredit someone or a party,, what happened was as a result of a false fire alarm raised by unknown persons,,,
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by MartinNworah: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
The Holy Ghost Adoration Ground which is located at Uke town in Anambra State is one of the biggest Catholic prayer groups in Anambra State officiated and managed by Fr. Obimma(Ebube Muonso). The stampede that has caused several false claims from many quarters is quite alarming and it is as a result of this that I'm giving a detailed account of events that transpired.
Peter Obi,Willie Obiano and the APGA team left the Adoration ground around 3 or 4 am in the morning while the incident happened at the end of the adoration service. After the final blessings and as people will slowly marching to the exit, a mole;supposedly someone positioned at the exit to raise the alarm,started shouting fire fire fire fire from the outside of the arena. Given the large numbers of people slowly moving out of the ground,they hurriedly began rushing back into the adoration ground to avoid the fire;a fire which many of them didn't even see.
This caused many of them to be wounded and I was lucky nothing happened to people close to me. Some fainted while others lost consciousness. When the stampede subsided,the bodies were gathered and were prayed for. Many of them rose up after the prayers and sprinkling of the holy water while the remaining were taken to Crown Hospital while one was taken to St. Charles Borromeo hospital Onitsha. Many of the unconscious are regaining stability as at now and we thank God that some professed dead are returning to life;this has brought some amount of joy in front of Crown hospital. This is an individual report and has nothing to do with any political party. This is the state of things and how it occurred at Uke. Bodies numbering between 10 and 30 were carried away from the ground but official statistics and reports is yet to be released from the Adoration ground or from the hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.