Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal (29791 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by DonaldGenes(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
nickz: Some of my fellow ibo's can be dumb sha ooooo undecided undecided cry

Seconded + 10m likes

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Please don't smoke marijuana when you want to make babies or they'll turn out like Seun.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by FreeGlobe(f): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Please don't smoke marijuana when you want to make babies or they'll turn out like Seun.
grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Swizdoe(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu has not only been caught red handed he has been caught black, blue, yellow and all handed and at all times, Seun and his fellow Yoruba compatriots and press kept mute.
Silence is the best answer for you....... I hope you understand

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by naijaking1: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
Moderator,
I beg move this Seun Kuti trash to the tribalists section. No need to continue race(tribal) baiting with this Oduah nonsense.
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by kushsy: 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo: This guy is the offspring of one of fela's dumber dancers because he doesn't carry the intelligence and creativity of his father. He's an aimless marijuana addicted agbero. Compare him to Femi and you'll know that Fela invested in one more than the other
I don't understand dis attack , what has dat young done wrong? Not going to school or being Fela son ? Dat warrant him to be silent?
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Akshow: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

Baba 70 was no respecter of person or tribe.
Seun chooses to remain mute during Ote.dollar vs Lawan saga.
He was blind when Dimeji Bankole did his thing.
But alas, he is a Crusader when it is an Oduah.
NB
Fela wouldn't be fooled by this over night Crusader of Anti-corruption.
did otedola play d tribal card? Did farouk cried that he was set up cos he is a Hausa man? Did u see Hausas loosing sleep over Farouq's case? Did u hear of the whole oduduwa community, young and old, fighting and protesting for Olubunmi ette? Face the fact,(most) igbos are d most bigoted, tribalistic, myopic and silly people on earth. Shameless people.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by gurnam: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2013

The young guy has achieved more fame...success and recognition than you only dream of when you are drunk... cool tongue
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by gurnam: 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
kushsy: I don't understand dis attack , what has dat young done wrong? Not going to school or being Fela son ? Dat warrant him to be silent?

They are weak people intellectually..that can be the only explanation for their vulgarity and insults on the guy...he dwarf them all in the area of intelligence...

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Goddex: 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
akd jr: Next time before u comment pls try and read the background of the person u talking about, I am a fellow ndi Ibo like u. And I strongly believe ur family can never surpass the record of kuti's family not even now or later except u can take the bull by the horn now!

You are a typical Yoruba brother. The bolded expose you.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Oluti(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
arsenalwenger: Seun has suddenly become the 'mouth-piece' of the Yoruba race. Wonders shall never end, this race is truely 'sophisticated'.
Are you sure you are not on weed yourself?
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by MAYOWAAK: 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Conversation as it was captured and reported by a Yoruba fly on Stella Odua’s living room wall . Stella: Old girl , how you dey ? Friend: I dey O! People wan chop you raw because of two small cars . Stella: No mind them, I chop pass my two female colleagues, the skinny one and the fat cheek one ? Friend: You think say na them set you up ? Stella: Who know ? Them too don dey avoid me, I flash them , no answer, I ping them, them no ping back, I BB them, for where ? . Friend: Wetin Oga on top talk ? Stella: He say make I relax becos he dey behind me like Iroko tree . He even say make I no go for the hearing, but I go there ,I show those little men my power nothing go happen, you know say their oga balls dey my pocket . Friend: Wetin you wear go for the hearing, you show them those curves ? laughter… Stella: I wear that Tie dye suit wey you give me for my birthday with matching head tie. Friend: Wetin your ex-husband talk about all this wahallah ? Stella: He say na God catch me . Friend : You go resign ? Stella: For where ? God forbid , You ever hear say Oba go transfer ?.. Laughter Friend : You dey read the things wey dem dey talk about you for punch ? Stella: I no dey read that Yoruba newspaper Friend: Your Ibo brothers and sisters dey fight for you there O! Stella : Make them dey fight for me , wetin them know ?..mugus. Stella: Chukwudi !!! Come kill this fly for wall… FLY.. Oh crap !!!… gat to go!!!!! That was when the house boy sprayed it with insecticide and the fly managed to fly in to file this report , he is recovering in a local hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Goddex: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
ujunwapeters: Good talk jare! Whether he smokes igbo or not, truth is truth. The madam erred and instead of taking full responsibility for her actions as Prof. Jega did in some of the elections in 2011, she's trying to take Nigerians for a ride. This is unacceptable!

You registered just yesterday and chose the username Ujunwa Peters
The new tactics now is for my Yoruba brothers to register with Ibo names and then turn round to attack Ibo interests?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
koonbey: Thank you Dear;but he wasn't out to "represent" the great Fela,he was out to express the Opinion that he holds as a result of the application of Intellect and Conscience...both of which you seem to be unable to apply...or maybe you just posses neither.
c
Wow.
Death-blow!!!!
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by preselect(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
nickz: Some of my fellow ibo's can be dumb sha ooooo undecided undecided cry

Nigeria is very much tribalistic. How d'you expect igbos to feel after a civil war that has refused to heal, years of neglect, then they finally have an airport upgraded and made to look nice, and within a short while the minister in charge is marked for prosecution/removal/jail as the case may be.

I don't know about the details or the technicalities but I can assure you the market woman in the street doesn't know either. Majority of those calling for her head don't know either,

Now here's where it gets funnier, those calling for her head today will not reciprocate this vigor if another politician or a favored demographic does something similar or worse. That has been the problem. That's why igbos (or some igbos) feel that this is part of a broad agenda to subdue them. After all 300billion naira vanished under anenih, I don't remember a national call to prosecute him. And so many others.
In 1999, Buhari was on the hot seat for forged documents and he was forced to resign as speaker following a national outcry spearheaded by the media. Within a short while Tinubu was also involved with some forgery but his case was not pursued with the same vigor. And he served out his term.

So there's always this suspicion. If the "oga at the top" guy was from another group there may have been a heavy outcry for his head. But you know people just made fun of him and that's all.

My Opinion: this national outcry is good in the long term, I hope it doesn't end here. And it will not. If she's guilty, she should be removed but to placate the igbos ( and this is important) she may be replaced with another Igbo woman ( also placating the feminists who have lost a governor and a speaker in the last ten yrs) and then those aggrieved can watch out for corrupt officers from another section and raise alarm. Rivalry between ethnic groups converted into a national clean up from corruption . Good for us all.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Oluti(m): 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
emudiaga ebbah: Fela is not Yoruba.
Yeah, he is Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Galaxydon1(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
all these ofe nmanu, when obasanjo dy loot una no talk

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by lertee(f): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ide4u: These people from the other side of River Niger, have peculiar problems!

It's a same!!
It is a same indeed.
Re u in anyway related to boko bombs? grin
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by lertee(f): 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
I can't just wait for this stella saga to end,the igbos are not taking it well grin
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by eagleeye2: 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Akshow: did otedola play d tribal card? Did farouk cried that he was set up cos he is a Hausa man? Did u see Hausas loosing sleep over Farouq's case? Did u hear of the whole oduduwa community, young and old, fighting and protesting for Olubunmi ette? Face the fact,(most) igbos are d most bigoted, tribalistic, myopic and silly people on earth. Shameless people.
Like I said in my first comment on this thread, Stella Oduah should face the music.
But what intrigues me is the reason behind the incessant calls by Yorubas for stella resignation. This type of outcry will never happen if Stella were to be A Yoruba woman. It would have died down after a week or two.
Seun, FFK, Dele Momodu, and other Yorubas have been calling for this woman's head since this scandal blew open.
I have always maintained that Stella should face whatever that comes her way (afterall I don't know her in person), but the NOISE being made by the Yorubas is getting very boring.
Biko make we hear for una.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by makanzy: 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
This should not be a tribal thing, I am an ibo man but if there is enough evidence that this lady misused public fund, she should be locked up instantly for at least five year. The leadership of this country has failed us, we have to collectively fight this people regardless of tribe
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by MAYOWAAK: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Yorubas wan give me migraine!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by IYANGBALI: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
naijaking1: Moderator,
I beg move this Seun Kuti trash to the tribalists section. No need to continue race(tribal) baiting with this Oduah nonsense.
moderator move it foward to another front page for haters in the land to see it. Seun has spoken
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by eagleeye2: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
makanzy: This should not be a tribal thing, I am an ibo man but if there is enough evidence that this lady misused public fund, she should be locked up instantly for at least five year. The leadership of this country has failed us, we have to collectively fight this people regardless of tribe
Thank you ohh.
Normally it shouldn't be a 'tribal' thing, but the HOLIER THAN THOU Yorubas will not let us hear......... If it were to be a Yoruba thief like Bankole, Otedollar, Gbenga Daniel, Amala Politician (what is that his name ohh) Adedibu, Obasanjo, Bode George (Thanks giving go dey for church) etc. All this noise no go dey on ohh....
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by Dannylux: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
just passed **
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by dad007(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
pres-elect:

Nigeria is very much tribalistic. How d'you expect igbos to feel after a civil war that has refused to heal, years of neglect, then they finally have an airport upgraded and made to look nice, and within a short while the minister in charge is marked for prosecution/removal/jail as the case may be.

I don't know about the details or the technicalities but I can assure you the market woman in the street doesn't know either. Majority of those calling for her head don't know either,

Now here's where it gets funnier, those calling for her head today will not reciprocate this vigor if another politician or a favored demographic does something similar or worse. That has been the problem. That's why igbos (or some igbos) feel that this is part of a broad agenda to subdue them. After all 300billion naira vanished under anenih, I don't remember a national call to prosecute him. And so many others.
In 1999, Buhari was on the hot seat for forged documents and he was forced to resign as speaker following a national outcry spearheaded by the media. Within a short while Tinubu was also involved with some forgery but his case was not pursued with the same vigor. And he served out his term.

So there's always this suspicion. If the "oga at the top" guy was from another group there may have been a heavy outcry for his head. But you know people just made fun of him and that's all.

My Opinion: this national outcry is good in the long term, I hope it doesn't end here. And it will not. If she's guilty, she should be removed but to placate the igbos ( and this is important) she may be replaced with another Igbo woman ( also placating the feminists who have lost a governor and a speaker in the last ten yrs) and then those aggrieved can watch out for corrupt officers from another section and raise alarm. Rivalry between ethnic groups converted into a national clean up from corruption . Good for us all.
BEST CONTRIBUTION SO FAR.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by eagleeye2: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mrs. Patricia Olubumni Etteh, was once in this kind of mess but our Yoruba brothers did not make this much noise ohh.
Etteh only stepped down as speaker, but I did not hear anybody calling for Jail terms.
NB
If Stella is found Guilty in a Court of Law and the sentencing is a jail term, then Stella should serve her punishment and maybe go to Church for A THANKS GIVING afterall someone has done it before.
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by makanzy: 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

Thank you ohh.
Normally it shouldn't be a 'tribal' thing, but the HOLIER THAN THOU Yorubas will not let us hear......... If it were to be a Yoruba thief like Bankole, Otedollar, Gbenga Daniel, Amala Politician (what is that his name ohh) Adedibu, Obasanjo, Bode George (Thanks giving go dey for church) etc. All this noise no go dey on ohh....

For true democrats and those who want see Nigeria change, what we need, is to say the truth regardless where the individual comes from
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by MAYOWAAK: 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
The Lagos-Ibadan press phenomenon is like the Kaduna mafia. Like a phantom, it exists and at the same time it doesn’t exist. That the media in Nigeria is fractured and flawed is not in question. But the majority of the Lagos-Ibadan media is owned by people from the minority ethnic groups. By the way, Igbo people own enough newspapers in the Lagos-Ibadan axis that, if what is going on is an ethnic war to expose corrupt practices of government officials from other ethnic groups, the Igbo have the means to get into the game.

Of course, that is not what is happening. But should that be, Nigeria would be the beneficiary if all corrupt elements are exposed.
The engine driving the Stella Oduah’s story does not come from the Lagos-Ibadan press. Saharareporters broke the story. And Saharareporters and Premium Times have kept the heat on. The Lagos-Ibadan press is reluctantly following along. Saharareporters and Premium Times are not owned by Yoruba people.

Online, the Igbo own more news websites than any other ethnic group. So nothing stops them from exposing the corrupt practices of other government officials. And you can be sure that once the evidence is out, the Lagos-Ibadan press will join in to lynch the suspect.TT

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by abokinside: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
Stela is a thief! Are supporters are theives! Oby Ezekwisili is an igbo woman who distinguished herself in public service, when Okupe a Yoruba man was trying to rubbish her the shameless few bigots supporting stela did not bother to stand by this great igbo daughter who has distinguished herself world over yet thw same rotten bigots are ready to die for oduah in the name of supporting an igbo daughter, like I said earlier all Stela's supporters are barawos!
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Have the quotes and grieviances on Nairaland ever been summarised and reported on the national network news NTA?

We grieve against our governments misconducts on this intangible digital space but it never materialises to anything.

That, as I said, is my definition of Uuzbering.
Political talk on webspace is called Uuzbering: rotating about the same spot without progress.
Re: Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal by twkalio(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
yorubas have always had a different definition of intellect and conscience so am I surprised at your retort?

M neither yoruba,hausa or ibo. Bt u dnt nid to belong to any of the above to air ur thoughts no matter hw partial or impartial dey r. Drunk or nt, mr seun kuti was indeed in d right expressing his thoughts. My thoughts are thus'is mrs oduah d only public office holder that has spent an outrageous sum on bullet proof cars? If we check would we find that others have spent more. if mrs oduah is found guilty do we tie her to a stake or do we fish others out that have a penchant for squandering public funds and find a way to stop dis habit or do we close our eyes to the truth and blame d cat dt made d mistae of being caught with his hands in the sauce pot?' Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ozekhome Lists 9 Reasons Why CCT Arrest Order For CJN Onnoghen Is A 'vendetta' / Many Electron Winners Will Return INEC Certificates – Festus Ogun / Circular To Stop The Leakage Of Sensitive Official Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.