Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet (1241 Views)

Amaechi Splits Senate Panel / Maku Confirms Quitting Jonathan’s Cabinet October 20 / Six Ministers To Quit Jonathan’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by ballabriggs: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2013

N255m scandal: Embattled minister splits Jonathan’s cabinet

Some ministers in the Goodluck Jonathan administration want their embattled colleague, Ms. Stella Oduah, out of the cabinet.
Aviation Minister Oduah is at the centre of the scandal concerning the procurement of two armoured cars by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) at a combined cost of N255 million.

The Oduah-must-go ministers, according to sources, say the law must take its course in the matter, although some others are sympathetic towards her and want her retained.

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that attempts by some ministers to rally support for Oduah in the cabinet have not met with much success.
Some of the ministers are of the view that it is pre-emptive to be rallying support for Oduah when investigation is still on course.

Those who are insisting that the law must take its course argue that some of the ministers recently fired brought no moral burden on the Jonathan administration as much as Oduahgate has done.
They claim that since Oduah has always presented a larger than life image in the cabinet, due process must be followed.

According to a source, most of the ministers from the South-East have been working hard to prevail on the President to “give Oduah a second chance.”
A reliable source, who spoke in confidence, said: “We are really not united on how to treat what you people call Oduahgate. Some cabinet ministers wanted us to come out strongly with blind support for the Aviation Minister.

“But some of us are of the opinion that we should have the facts and figures from the Administrative Panel raised by the President before taking a position.
“If she is cleared at the end of the day, I will have justification for backing her.”

Another cabinet source said: “With the position of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) last week, I find it hard to believe that a Ministerial Tenders Board could ignore due process.

“So, one is eager to know the outcome of the ongoing investigation by the panel. You know, whatever decision the President will take, it must be in line with fairness, justice and the policy of the administration against corruption.
“I am neither for nor against Oduah yet until I have the right facts.”

A third source said: “I have been a bit close to Oduah in the cabinet. I respect her, but the defence so far by the NCAA or media advisers has left many gaps to fill.
“I know she has had some challenges in the past too.”

A fourth cabinet source added: “ We are divided as it is normal with any human setting.

Source
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by ballabriggs: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
I can tell Ngozi is one of the people against. The statement she released few days has fire all over it.
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Let's forget our ethnic differences and call a spade a spade. Having heard from stella herself, what she did is unethical and she should have resigned had it been it were in saner clime.

There might be a witchhunting side to it, but that doesn't matter. She should go in for it.

Umunnem, umuigbo, what we should be rooting for right now is to find another reputable ibo candidate to nominate for that post and not protecting evil.
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by amarilo: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
Lol this Ofe people una no dey tire for fake news? Minister asking jona to sack minister.

1 Like

Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
amarilo: Lol this Ofe people una no dey tire for fake news? Minister asking jona to sack minister.

Sahara reporters = fake, vanguard = fake, premium times = fake, now its the nation, and you still say its fake?

When a paper is not protecting your interest, it automatically turns to fake.

Nwanne gaa gbara ogwu gi nyuo!

1 Like

Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by amarilo: 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
shachris:

Sahara reporters = fake, vanguard = fake, premium times = fake, now its the nation, and you still say its fake?

When a paper is not protecting your interest, it automatically turns to fake.

Nwanne gaa gbara ogwu gi nyuo!
the nation = tinubu.
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by donphilopus: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
The senseful ministers will actually know that what Oduah did was wrong, so you don't expect them to be celebrating corruption..

And to those of you saying the The Nation= Tinubu, keep saying it, because I know any newspaper which seems not to be in support of the Government is for Tinubu according to you..

If Tribune should bring this kind of news tomorrow, you'll still blame it on Tinubu
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by LoveDecay(m): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
shachris: I can tell Ngozi is one of the people against. The statement she released few days has fire all over it.

Tell her to shut it, or she's next . Kwankwaso say's so !!!
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by BabaEleko(m): 1:20am On Nov 03, 2013
I hear say Aunty Stella na cougar?? I am looking for a sugar mommy ooo. It's totally fine by me to exchange the service of my dingaling for one armored vehicle ma.
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 03, 2013
Whatever!
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by naijaking1: 4:31am On Nov 03, 2013
ballabriggs:

Source

Source? Which source? That beer parlour wey una dey frequent everytime no get get address, so it can't be located. So, why are you talking about source as if there is a source outside the drinking joint?
Re: N255m Scandal: Oduah Splits Jonathan’s Cabinet by Tolexander: 5:32am On Nov 03, 2013
The ministers are less concerned in the matter. They aren't the one to dictate what should be done to their counterpart to the president. They are all on appointment and should face their portfolios!

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should do the needful!

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s 11th Private Jet! / Why Aregbesola Will Win Osun Easily? / GEJ’s Re-election Rallies To Continue While Govt Orders School to stay closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.