Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? (10391 Views)

Domestic Airlines Barred From Flying Foreign-registered Planes / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. / March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by gabrielmotors: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
I intend flying to Lagos today, just want people here to confirm if airlines will be operating today, knowing there will be a solar eclipse

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by alfredo4u(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2013
No flight. Go enter bus or use train.

I don't want to cry again ohhh.

Our flights can't withstand it.

1st to koment in swahili
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by kevoh(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2013
No it won't...Feel free to fly. Planes fly at Night and during the day nothing happens let alone a momentary blocking of the sunlight by the moon.

Planes depend on a host of parameters when flying QNH,QFE (pressure readings), cloud height e.t.c Therefore the blocking of sunlight for a few hours has no effect except the pilots decide to engage in watching the eclipse instead of concentrating on flying the plane instead.

I believe the Pilots in the house will have more info than I have.

3 Likes

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by KwoiZabo(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2013
you are free to fly. when the eclipse starts and everywhere is dark, pilots on air will park and continue the journey after the eclipse. sad See question

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by adedayodan(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2013
I dont think plane will be affected....
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by lorddarshwood(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
the airline office is responsible for that,except if they are also here to advice

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by homeboy205: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
gabrielmotors: I intend flying to Lagos today, just want people here to confirm if airlines will be operating today, knowing there will be a solar eclipse

please don't risk your life, Nigeria is not that dependable on weather stuffs, The government don't even talk or advertise the safety about the solar eclipse , please remain wherever you are until things clear off,,,, Lagos will go dark and abuja ..........please life has no duplicate
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by amakufrancis(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2013
maybe

go Ask ya geography teacher
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by iamswizz(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2013
They will fly.. or dnt they fly at night?
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by esshman(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2013
Guy even if your mission in Lag is to commit suicide, dying by crash is too gory!

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Preshnenye(f): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2013
kiss tongue hhahahahahahahah,na wa for u guys oooo,dear relax were u are tomorrw u continue ur joning nigeria leaders careless.happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by chimex38: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2013
Travelling aboard durin an eclipse.?. Well u can create history. I prefer u use a chopper instead if its necessary.

Unless u want to transcend beyond d physical realm which is in itself a good thing.... If u're sure which direction u will be goin grin
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by everyday: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2013
I don't think so
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by chimex38: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
It is safe o!
Infact FAAN has authorized it as d safest situation of transport during eclipse given dat bright weather do not seem 2 favor our air planes

u will only gain more life the eternal life grin
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Bsmartt(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
eclipse is Just a once in a while phenomenon Which I think the pilots are more informed about celestial activities.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by omiobo: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2013
To commit suicide is better than to die in plane crashgrin

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Vladm(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2013
Plz will d eclipse lead ASUU to call of d strike?
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by chimex38: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2013
omiobo: To commit suicide is better than to die in plane crashgrin
supportedgrin

AT LEAST UR BODY IS IN ONE PIECE & NOT IN PIECES
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by 3Dimension: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2013
U can fly bro. But if the eclipse start tell una pilot make he park say u wan take picture for ur DP. Hehhe

2 Likes

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by ismokeweed1(f): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2013
coolImagine this op asking yeye question

An eclipse is a once in a lifetime affair, why not get on the plane and go higher up closer to the moon than others on the ground will be?

That is front row VIP seat viewing with a/c, refreshments and swag plus na "pay per view" you go dey do so

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by donphilopus: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2013
This answers your question
The director told reporters that the partial eclipse would not affect the airspace but advised Nigerians not to think that the world would come to an end because of the occurrence.
www.nairaland.com/1502845/how-preparing-solar-eclipse
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by chucky234(m): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Mission impossible part 4 on the way,OP you are free to fly but remember that Stella Oduah and aviation workers' main concern now is how to get themselves out of the mess they are in,they careless about what happen to your plane in the air.
My advice; stay where you are till after the eclipse,you can board evening flight to anywhere if you are travelling within Nigeria.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by agrovick(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2013
I really do not knw, nw back on fp
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Danhumprey: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2013
Vladm: Plz will d eclipse lead ASUU to call of d strike?
Must everything be about ASUU strike Hian! Grow some sense of humour before you die of hypertension!

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by jmoore(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Planes fly at night. No need to worry.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by eaglechild: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2013
gabrielmotors: I intend flying to Lagos today, just want people here to confirm if airlines will be operating today, knowing there will be a solar eclipse
It is not a total eclipse in most places, so no.
Besides planes can fly at night and land where facilities are available.

But before we ask certain questions, it doesn't hurt to do a little reading of our own.
Some questions are just borderline stewpid.

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2013
. [color=#000099]wen u teach a wise man, he will b wiser, but a fool is always opposing corrections.

To u my friend, this is a forum where d wise clear their doubt and also share d little they ve, But d fools sees it as a place to showcase their foolishness.

To b open minded is d best tin that can ever happen anyone.

Pls don't quote me
[/color]
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by metti(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin
ighoosagie: Gpls where did u source ur facts frm?

My mum told me she observed the 1947 eclipse and she is still alive today. She would have observed another today if she was around.

I gave up after reading dis
He was smoking weed when he wrote that.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by ismokeweed1(f): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2013
^ ^ ^ yeah puff up and get high often, it dosen't stop me from enjoying my life unlike other unfortunate people I know THANK YOU

ighoosagie: Gpls where did u source ur facts frm?

My mum told me she observed the 1947 eclipse and she is still alive today. She would have observed another today if she was around.

I gave up after reading dis

If I called you a f00l I may get banned for saying the truth

Todays eclipse hasn't occured yet but your mom is "NOT AROUND" anymore according to your post, she travel abroad or is she dead already? Anyhow she won't be seeing this eclipse my dear
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by metti(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2013
grin shocked shocked grin
i-smoke-weed:
coolImagine this op asking yeye question

An eclipse is a once in a lifetime affair, why not get on the plane and go higher up closer to the moon than others on the ground will be?

That is front row VIP seat viewing with a/c, refreshments and swag plus na "pay per view" you go dey do so
I smoke weed, baby there is a difference between eclipse and Harley Comet. The later occur every 74years, if you see it once you might not see it again, I saw it in 1985 or there about. There is the possibilty of you seeing the former more than once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some not so bad Abia Pictures. Can be Better though! / I Need Help On How To Pay Application Fee Online / Can I Get US Universities That Accept NECO For Undergraduate Admissions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.