Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? (5486 Views)

Did Judas Make Heaven? / Did Judas Iscariot Really Betray Jesus Christ? / How Did Judas Iscariot Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2013
I have been a student of the Bible since my youth,but I have always wondered about the contradiction(s) about the demise of this important character as recorded in the Bible.

A) The gospel according to St Mathew chapt 27 verses 3-9. kJV.

3.Then Judas,which had betrayed him ,when he saw that he was condemned,repented himself and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.
4.Saying I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.And they said ,What is that to us? See thou to that.
5.And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed and went and hanged himself.
6.And the chief Priests took the silver pieces and said,It is not lawful to put them into the treasury ,because it is the price of blood.
7.And they took counsel and bought with them the potters field to bury strangers in.
8.Wherefore that field was called The field of blood,unto this day.
9.Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet ,saying And they took the thirty pieces of silver,the price of him that was valued,whom they of the children of Israel did value.

B)
Acts of the Apostles,chapt 1,verses 18-19. KJV.

18.Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity and falling head long,he burst asunder in the midst and all his bowels gushed out.
19.And it was known on to all the dwellers of Jerusalem,in so much as that field is called in their proper tongue,Aceldama,that is to say the field of blood.

How did Judas die? By hanging or burst asunder? Who purchased the field of blood? Judas or the chief Priests and elders?
Was Judas forgiven because it was stated that he repented?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by anthoniosp(m): 6:50am On Nov 03, 2013
read the bible from genesis to revelation again may u go see am ..
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by UcheHarmony: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2013
Wats ur Question,is it hw he died or weda he wz forgiven...ok wait let me dust my bible
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by sylvar02(m): 6:53am On Nov 03, 2013
He died in haramic attack of the boko boys! He wasn't bombed though! They hanged him

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2013
The holy bible contain contradicting lies. I think satan added his own story of Judas death.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by blesoh(f): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2013
u must be a muslim for asking such a question,better still an atheist.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by anthoniosp(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE: The holy bible contain contradicting lies. I think satan added his own story of Judas death.
when will you learn to watch your comments?? ... pope asked a man hu said exactly this a question " why do you read the bible?? to promote peace or to find errors?? "... bros u should knw dat freedom of speech is not freedom to say everything...y am i evn talkin to you sef?? you are a baby

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2013
anthoniosp: when will you learn to watch your comments?? ... pope asked a man hu said exactly this a question " why do you read the bible?? to promote peace or to find errors?? "... bros u should knw dat freedom of speech is not freedom to say everything...y am i evn talkin to you sef?? you are a baby

the simple answer is I read and reason. Enjoy your faith
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by anthoniosp(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

the simple answer is I read and reason. Enjoy your faith
oga u ar a baby
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2013
UcheHarmony: Wats ur Question,is it hw he died or weda he wz forgiven...ok wait let me dust my bible

Three questions-
1.How did he die-hanging or burst asunder?
2.Who purchased the field of blood? Judas oor the Chief Priests and elders?
3.Was Judas forgiven or condemned to eternal damnation? The first passage states that he repented.
Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2013
He was the one that was crucify and not jesus christ according to the quran.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2013
blesoh: u must be a muslim for asking such a question,better still an atheist.

I am not a Muslim nor an atheist,but a Christian,who desires knowledge. When I read my Bible I ask questions.
The questions are-
1.How did Judas die? A.Hanging? B.Burst asunder?
2.Who bought the field of blood?Judas or the Chief priests and elders?
3. Did Judas receive forgiveness for his sins or is he perpetually condemned? Remember the passage says he repented.
Remember all I quoted is from the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by MEILYN(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2013
blesoh: u must be a muslim for asking such a question,better still an atheist.
You are a Christian right? Why dont u answer her question now? grin grin. Thats how you Christians dodge questions and afterwards what we will hear is 'may God deliver u' 'may God help u' e.t.c e.t.c. Her question meant no harm, she was just curious. Oya madam u better answer oo. How did Judas die?

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2013
oluface: He was the one that was crucify and not jesus christ according to the quran.

Could you please quote the verses so I can look it up?
Thanks.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Ajibam: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2013
@op...
being a Bible student doesn't makes you to understand the Bible..

the way you viewed it is just like you don't believe what's written in it..

pray for the holy spirit and reread it...
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2013
anthoniosp: oga u ar a baby

And you are a dead lion. Refute me or hide your head in shame
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: @op...

He brought this issue because it confusing and contradictory....explain it or say I dont know. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by lanrexlan(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2013

This is rubbish,both verses contradicted each other,why don't you explain those verses and stop beating around the bush? The question of the Op is:How did Judas Iscariot died? Hanged himself or fell headlong? Mr 'filled with holy spirit'.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by MEILYN(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2013

Madam/Oga Ajibam, please explain to us, how did Judas die? U must have read the bible with the Holy Spirit leading you right? Can you just help us here!

2 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Dantedasz(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2013

And how does this answer the question of how Judas died?
Who bought the field where he died or if he recieved forgiveness after he repented?

3 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 8:58am On Nov 03, 2013

How can I understand the passage,when people like you,that understand it and are filled with the holy spirit refuse to explain it to me?
Years ago back in secondary school,I asked this same question of my Bible knowledge teacher,and he called me an outcast and a child of the devil. From that day I was ostracized in Bible study class because I dared to use my brain and ask a simple question.
So why not tell me the answer instead of telling me to fill myself with the holy spirit,how did Judas die and was he forgiven after repentance?

6 Likes

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2013
the holy spirit says, "go Bleep yourselves".
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Ajibam: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2013
^^^I don't need to answer you...if I answer you,I will spoil you...
I stand on my opinion that you should pray for understanding through the holy spirit ...

practice make perfection
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by MEILYN(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: ^^^I don't need to answer you...if I answer you,I will spoil you...
I stand on my opinion that you should pray for understanding through the holy spirit ...

practice make perfection
mtcheeeeewwwwww. Confused smh... Ajibam nah wa oo.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam, did you hide my post because of its truthfulness?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Ajibam: 9:10am On Nov 03, 2013
_^^that's a warning...
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by harbiola1(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2013
Honestly, these guys won't just call a spade a spade. Ajibam was talking about holy spirit which i know she is nt having because if she does, she would have knwn the answer and would have just posted it. well, i'm a muslim and i'll just add salt unto a wound. u can 1. abuse me 2. answer the question 3. dodge the question.
Now it goes thus:
1. father of Bashemath the wife of esau (isaac's son) is 2. elon the hittite is the father of ....... Genesis 36:2-3, Genesis 26:34
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: ^^^I don't need to answer you...if I answer you,I will spoil you...

practice make perfection

It means that you know not the answer to the questions,so I suggest me and you step aside and wait for some one who can provide the answers.
There is no shame admitting you do not have the answer-we learn everyday.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: _^^that's a warning...

warning?

what rule did I break?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Ajibam: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Ajibam: 9:24am On Nov 03, 2013
TheMadame:

It means that you know not the answer to the questions,so I suggest me and you step aside and wait for some one who can provide the answers.
There is no shame admitting you do not have the answer-we learn everyday.

okay...
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibam: _^^that's a warning...
@AJIBAM for the few times I have been on nairaland, i have always admired your writings and your ideas, it all change now for what you just did. We are debating an issue and everyone of us is presenting our ideas, even if i dint like his post, i still think using your powers as a MOD was uncalled for. Ban me if you like, or hide the post. And please if you know the answer kindly give the lady who is willing to learn, besides when the ethiopian eunoch was travelling to Gaza he was reading a passage in the bible and could not understand but God sent philip to interprete it to him. So you see, telling her will not spoil her. No de fall my hand abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

secular act P Diddy hosts pastor TD jakes for dinner In million Dollar Mansion. / Can A Christian Become An Atheist ? / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.