Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,171 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27044 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2013
Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.

16 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2013
And skelewu,it baffles me,is there any chapter/verse in the bible that jesus christ sing/dance in the church?

9 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2013
Abdul Adam56: And skelewu,it baffles me,is there any chapter/verse in the bible that jesus christ sing/dance in the church?
skelewu too? Amazing.
People can dance in church but it should nt be d worldly type.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Chaleeee: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2013
What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!

110 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 03, 2013
because christianity has become a global joke, pastors read the bible and interpret it to their own advantages.
people no longer do anything unless its approved by pentecostal fraudsters a.k.a men-of-god. men who have made christianity to depend on their own charisma, some of those pastors are even telling their sheep that christianity is not a religion lol!
in the past we have pictures of jesus in our houses and cars but today we have pictures of pastors and their wives.
oh yes!! you can dance azonto, and shake/flaunt ur bobby and bom-bom all you like, as long as 'thou bringeth thy tithe to the house of thy lord thy lord shalleth blesseth thou'

"I like your Christ, I do not like your christians, your christians are so unlike your Christ" -Mahatma Gandhi

49 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2013
Silly thought.

If I'm not mistaking, such dances were not the reason why there's so much corruption in Nigeria.

They re not the reason why there's poverty in the land.

They re not the reason there's boko in the north and kidnapping in the south.

They re not criteria through which one can enter heaven.

As a matter of fact, it is good to dance anyhow for God than to do same for lucifer. e.g King David.

Such dances aren't the reason why we have bad roads, no pipe borne water, no steady electricity, no security etc in Nigeria.

And finally, psychology shows that dancing improves the state of the human minds by 35%.

Dance from ur heart, for it is good for ur health.

Good morning Nigeria!

27 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2013
emmysenior: Silly thought
u amaze me

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
so people are nt dancing in church b4 those satanic dance styles came? I dnt know hw people reason.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Vicjay1(m): 9:13am On Nov 03, 2013
hypocrite. i dance like David dance. all to the glory of God.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by SalC: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2013
It's caused by modern madness.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2013
Sal C: It's caused by modern madness.
i think so.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Infomizer(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?

Ukuts gp: so people are nt dancing in church b4 those satanic dance styles came? I dnt know hw people reason.
Please answer his questions. Don't dodge.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by alfredo4u(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2013
End time dance is allowed bro

Go and learn urs. If u don't, stand like stick and praise ur God.

My God searches heart and not dancing steps

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Polio: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2013
Disgraceful if you ask me .... Absolutely pathetic what the place of worship has become nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by IAMBREEZY: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2013
Even etighi na wa o.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by iamswizz(m): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2013
And what dance step do you rather they dance?

Because i know that no dance style originated from the church.

20 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by AbuMikey(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2013

OP, what's your point exactly? undecided

I dance like David danced!!

I'm dancing for God and not a Muth'fuckin Church goer who claps his hand when its time to dance like you! angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by bloglover(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2013
As far as u no dy rock ny*sh 4 church, u are safe, dance na dance

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ologorione1: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2013
On point.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by daviide: 9:46am On Nov 03, 2013
Wait oh If someone dances skelewu or azonto in church does not mean he or she is unholy aslong as its for the glory of GOD btw how a good christian go know how to dance skelewu or azonto? Na God truly knw our heart tho'

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by dani1luv: 9:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Please are there any other dance steps other than those?

youths of nowadays see clapping and moving from left to right old school.

even pastors do tell his congregation to dance and not stand like a stick. undecided
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by brianromel(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2013
I believe there was a verse in the bible where King David gave praise to the extent, he over rocked it and started dancing naked.

What if that were to happen in church, today. What would they say on Nairaland

10 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by glucogenic: 9:48am On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by amakufrancis(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2013
na dance jor

using it to praise Him

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
bloody religious folk.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by MaziOmenuko: 9:52am On Nov 03, 2013
What is your definition of worldly dance? People ought to praise God the way they are led. Please read 2nd Samuel chapter 6 and study how David danced makossa, azonto and skelewu when the israelites returned to ark. He danced soteeee, him wife come abuse am. He ended up cursing the wife shaa.

2 Samual > 6.14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

2 Samual > 6.21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD.

Allow people to play before the Lord the way they please.

#Mr-over-righteous#

15 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ologorione1: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2013
bloglover: As far as u no dy rock ny*sh 4 church, u are safe, dance na dance
And no hold tight or bumper 2 bumber.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by DJDOLA(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....what about galala and suor

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by D3BO9: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
well maybe we should blame the likes of ayefele well for me I don't dance in church maybe because I can't dance or cos am a shy guy well maybe we should blame the likes of ayefele well for me I don't dance in church maybe because I can't dance or cos am a shy guy
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2013
And where in the bible Jesus said you should use instruments in the church to praise God, where did he(Jesus) said you should dance in the church? Where? I need verses smiley

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bisi Alimi Blasts Apostle Suleman: An Adulterer Who Gives Your Girlfriend Head / Helen Oritsejafor Celebrates Her Husband On His Birthday. PICS / Rev. Father Cyriacus Onunkwo Buried In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.