Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu (18267 Views)

Anambra University Shut Over Killing Of Female Student / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by nwaobitex: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ok!
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by tekel(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
princesa: Kai, this people should have allowed me graduate first enh...next year am outta their faces, they for eat patience cake small na...

Hian! So i go carry that kain 'heavy' name for my Bsc cert sad
my favourite storyteller, so u are from my sch
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Owenhat: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
You r very much correct i like ur comment, thought of
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Mantiza(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Warri _Pikin

Just like Oba Femi Awolowo University sounds weird.

However, since Ojukwu had many titles and a long middle name, it would be easier to use just his first and last name or his titles and last name though.
[b]Emeka Ojukwu University
Or
Dim Ikemba Ojukwu University wink wink wink wink Better still Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu University
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
NICE MOVE.APGA KA ANYI CHORO
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by GSKing: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
timpaker:
Chimaco?
one luv, school boy...
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
I no fit laugh. Of all people na Ojukwu them see.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by mrperfect(m): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Well, Anambra has decided.
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by oduaboy1: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
princesa:

says the man who sits in his comfort zone, browse on his Nokia phone with a weekly 10mb that Mtn squeezes out to him...

What are your evidence? where are your statistics? Have you fuc.king been there? Does any of your relations school there?

who made you an oracle of its structural and educational criteria?

If you don't have something worthwhile to contribute, please switch off your phone and shut the fuc.k up...

Bloody Mofo!
shut up you are an ignorant bastard.the school isn't even among the top 50 higher institutions of learning in nigeria,the shithole of a university comes a distance 96,like which type of phucked up school is that
A more befitting name would have been Agbari Ojuiku transgendered university of cowardice anambra

4 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by ayusco85(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Just like Oba Femi Awolowo University sounds weird.

However, since Ojukwu had many titles and a long middle name, it would be easier to use just his first and last name or his titles and last name though.
Emeka Ojukwu University
Or
Dim Ikemba Ojukwu University

Ikemba Ojukwu University sounds better. (I.O.U)
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by obi123: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
why cant they have a state run scholarship or bursary in honour of an individual instead and sponsor intelligent struggling undergraduate students ? of what use is this naming up and down in the long run, i feel this will have a longer lasting impact on people than simply changing the name of the university
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Iykeponti(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
1MCN: Although I'd preferred that the school is fully remodelled to meet world class, and then name after Chinua Achebe but Odimegwu Ojukwu University gives imports dignity and power and pride than the Evan Enwerem wanted to foist on IMSU in those days. That name, Ojukwu, carries with itself a bellicose freight that sends a shiver down the spines of some people wherever it's mentioned. Even those who hate the man cannot deny the gall that tastes in their mouth whenever they mention his name.
I WAS DERE D DAY HE SLAPPED UMARU DIKO.... MEN DAT MAN IS 3MUCH grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by sundyke107: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Tosin7:

Does it mean that Nigeria has degenerated to the bottom that a non Ibo cannot see the truth and say it. I am not Ibo, I am a history just like Ojukwu, I have read so much about him to know that his likes comes once in every 1 million years. During my undergraduate studies, in the study of Nigerian history the story of Ojukwu stood out. Out there many many Yorubas worship Ojukwu, it was only on NL that saw bitterness among our people. Its so bad for our future.

God bless you for your positive comments here other than bitteness and name calling like other Nairalanders. Please do well also to criticise constructively any vices attributed to a given region or persons irrespective of tribe. Lai Mohammed was typical of such, but along the line choose the way of politicians and criticise unconstructivley all that GEJ is doing whether positive or negative.

You sound more like a distinguished and literal yoruba person. God bless Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by sundyke107: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
spade: But that school ANSU is a dump. It's like a public toilet as far as educational standards are concerned, and it woulda been a lot better if he rehabilitated the school before naming it.

For 7 solid years he left that school to rot, and now he remembers to slap on a new name to it just to pander to tribal sentiments. My people, when you wrap shhiitt in an aluminium foil, does it stop it from being shhitt?

This man is just desperate to foist his lackey Obiano on that seat to help him cover up his thieving tracks. Just like he was lying all along that his administration never borrowed money, until his asss was exposed that he not only borrowed money, but also did it from an Islamic Bank. But he has the gall to preach religious and tribal bigotry on the outside.
The same man wey dey call on the Igbo nation to help him attack El-Rufai just because the guy wrote a blog questioning his budget.
Manipulative crook.

All na for sentiments.

Say what you know.....and stop misleading people here. I can type

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by princesa(f): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
GSKing:
You guys totally forgot to add Onwa!

Onwa! Mr. SUG cheesy

he's actually my coursemate smiley
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by GSKing: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
princesa:

Onwa! Mr. SUG cheesy

Greatest NAMCOSITES!
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by 36STATES: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
ik4life: awolowo had a phd,ahmadu bello I don't know

AWOLOWO'S EDUCATION FROM WWW.AWOLOWOFOUNDATION.ORG

He had his primary school education at St. Saviour's School, Ikenne, and at Imo Wesleyan School, Abeokuta. His education at this early stage was interrupted for several years by the sudden death of his father in April 1920, an event that left him without financial support and compelled him to fetch firewood for sale, and do similar jobs, to support his schooling.

He had higher education at Wesley College, Ibadan (a teachers' college) in 1927, and much later at the University of London as an External Student. He was awarded the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) and the Bachelor of Laws by the University of London. He was called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple on November 19, 1946.

Where is your evidence he got second degree talkless of Ph.d.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by princesa(f): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
odua boy:
shut up you are an ignorant bastard.the school isn't even among the top 50 higher institutions of learning in nigeria,the shithole of a university comes a distance 96,like which type of phucked up school is that
A more befitting name would have been Agbari Ojuiku transgendered university of cowardice anambra

and i see how well trained the ivory league-topping-the-list university you went to trained and nurtured you...

Why don't you say ur opinion and stop the hate mentality filled with bigotry and ethnic rivalry...

Unilag may top the list, but can we say the same always for their students, keep on looking at quantity and not quality, Mr A-grader, Then come rain your ignorance all over the internet.

But i still insist that you show me your facts and stop spewing bullshi!t undecided
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by princesa(f): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
GSKing:
Greatest NAMCOSITES!

Great! cheesy

tekel:
my favourite storyteller, so u are from my sch
yeah babywink
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by Bpriest(m): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
princesa:

Great! cheesy

yeah babywink

are u yellow?
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by GSKing: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Bpriest: are u yellow?
she's mauve!
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by fidek(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dim Chukwuemeka
Odumegwu Ojukwu University.

DICOO University. . .aWSome !
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by malawian0000001: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
kilonshele ni be yin?

ma foo ori any tribalist that talks down on my ikemba.

whenever God's people are in danger, he raises for them a leader to lead them out of it.

the international conspiracy we igbo faced in the 60's, by now, we would have been history with history books talking about an extint african tribe called "ibo"

ojukwu, our generation is alive because of your bravery. nothing is too much for you.

why are the people of the southwest borthered about the name change? wetin concern una for this one?

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by timpaker(m): 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Bpriest: are u yellow?
GSKing:
Greatest NAMCOSITES!
princesa:

Onwa! Mr. SUG cheesy

Bursted!!! I go tell una lecturer. I go make sure say them give una enough quiz and assignment. sad sad
Infact, the stress go 'fourple' cheesy
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by malawian0000001: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
why not "COMU" with M representing "memorial" ?
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by dazzy4real(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Whats with this renaming of skul all the time? Why not build something in his name? Ok what happens if another great man dies how do u honour him after renaming all the skuls?
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by princesa(f): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
malawian0000001:
kilonshele ni be yin?

ma foo ori any tribalist that talks down on my ikemba.

whenever God's people are in danger, he raises for them a leader to lead them out of it.

the international conspiracy we igbo faced in the 60's, by now, we would have been history with history books talking about an extint african tribe called "ibo"

ojukwu, our generation is alive because of your bravery. nothing is too much for you.

why are the people of the southwest borthered about the name change? wetin concern una for this one?
my brother help me ask them oh. We wey De thing affect directly never talk reach them!
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by nwadaigbo: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
ik4life: Did ojukwu die today?,why now?,is ojukwu a scholar why not prof chinua achebe if they are sincere with themselves;obi play politic with everything,be it religion,employment,deportation saga and now a school he neglected for 7 and half years,a school he is owing their lecturers about 8 months salary.if he like let him name it peter obi or obiano university he will be defected come nov 16
is ahmadu bellow a scholar? Is awolowo a scholar? Piglet, why not shut up and stop constituting nuisance here bc your opinion does not matter at all. So, deal with it

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by princesa(f): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
timpaker:

Bursted!!! I go tell una lecturer. I go make sure say them give una enough quiz and assignment. sad sad
Infact, the stress go 'fourple' cheesy

tell then to hit me with their best shot. Am ready cool

@bpriest
am not a yellow oh, am a Muave for life cool
Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by nwadaigbo: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
ik4life: Did ojukwu die today?,why now?,is ojukwu a scholar why not prof chinua achebe if they are sincere with themselves;obi play politic with everything,be it religion,employment,deportation saga and now a school he neglected for 7 and half years,a school he is owing their lecturers about 8 months salary.if he like let him name it peter obi or obiano university he will be defected come nov 16
is ahmadu bellow a scholar? Is awolowo a scholar? Piglet, why not shut up and stop constituting nuisance here bc your opinion does not matter at all. So, deal with it. Mind you kid, u must not write in english. Use ur native language in order to stop murdering english language

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu by oduaboy1: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
princesa:

and i see how well trained the ivory league-topping-the-list university you went to trained and nurtured you...

Why don't you say ur opinion and stop the hate mentality filled with bigotry and ethnic rivalry...

Unilag may top the list, but can we say the same always for their students, keep on looking at quantity and not quality, Mr A-grader, Then come rain your ignorance all over the internet.

But i still insist that you show me your facts and stop spewing bullshi!t undecided
idiota your useless school came a distant 96th,what a shitty school.
http://m.naij.com/news/31717.html
Even better schools like UNN declined for their school being named after a cowardly seccesionisthttp://www.nairaland.com/824835/don-t-name-unn-after

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Little Mistakes That Kill Students' GPA In University / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume / University Of Maiduguri 2017/2018 Post-utme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.