Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

How To Survive A Lion Attack - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Survive A Lion Attack (27616 Views)

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by karmaleon: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
LION FOR INSIDE FOTO SEF LOOKS VERY FIERCE AND INTIMIDATING
U DEY GIV US DOS AND DONTS
WEN AT THAT POINT OUR LEGS WILL DEVELOP A MIND OF ITS OWN AND RUUUUUNNNNN!!!
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sapguy: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Software:

SAP is the largest business application and enterprise resource used
by a wide range of businesses from small enterprises to billion dollar
corporations. With the increasing dependence of these organizations on
SAP systems and their heavy reliance on information produced by these
systems, there is the need to ensure that management remains in
control, ensure information is reliable and meets regulatory
requirements.
SAP has come to stay and is presently the most robust ERP in the
world. Most fortune 500 companies are presently using it. SAP
Consultants are among the highest paid consultants in the world today.
In Nigeria, the companies that have implemented and currently
implementing cut across diverse sectors of the economy….Oil & Gas,
Telecommunication, Banking, Manufacturing, Construction, Real Estate
and Government/Public sector.
There has been dearth of Human resources in SAP world currently in
Nigeria, this is due to the fact that SAP is relatively new in
Nigeria. The few resources that are in Nigeria are equally freelancing
in Europe, Asia and Americas. This is the right time for anyone that
is looking into the future and with self-reliance in mind to delve
into the SAP world and make hay while the sun shines.
Currently SAP Academy training seems expensive for a lot of folks;
Also SAP E-learning training has not equally been adequate in
preparing would-be consultants for SAP Knowledge Acquisition (SKA) and
Certifications. This is where Newell Consulting comes in. Newell
Consulting is an indigenous Consultancy firm based in Lagos with array
of Certified Consultants with Practical on-the-job and implementation
experiences. The services rendered by Newell Consulting ranges from IT
Consultancy, SAP implementations, SAP Support/Optimization services,
Project implementations, SAP Instructor-led trainings, Counseling and
SAP IDES configuration on laptops and external drives.

TRAINING MODULES:

 SAP FINANCIALS AND ACCOUNTING (FICO)
 SAP HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (HCM)
 SAP BASIS NETWEAVER (TECHNICAL/BASIS)
 SAP SALES AND DISTRIBUTION (SD)
 SAP MATERIALS MANAGEMENT(MM)
 SAP INTEGRATION OF BUSINESS PROCESSES (TERP10)
 SAP ABAP (PROGRAMMING)
 SAP PLANT MAINTENANCE (PM)
 SAP PRODUCTION PLANNING (PP)
 SAP PROJECT SYSTEMS (PS)
 Etc

TRAINING BENEFITS:

• Become an SAP Consultant in four weeks
• Permanent access to SAP for practice even after training (No
limitation)
• Intensive instructor-led trainings (Class room based)
• Learn SAP from Certified Consultants with Implementation experiences
• Have SAP permanently installed and configured on your
laptop/External drive
• Direct access to SAP coursebooks and Materials
• Training in a serene environment
• SAP Certification guide and preparation that guarantees
success (90% success rate)
•End the year 2013 as a Certified SAP Consultant and experience a
new lease of life.
• After training Mentorship, referrals, links and groups.
• On-site internship in project locations.

Registration Information:

Fill the application form online and make your payment into the
account below to book your seat:
Bank: Skye Bank Plc
Account Name: Newell Consulting
Account Number: 1771253858

CONTACT DETAILS:
Email: saptraining@newellconsultingng.com, info@newellconsultingng.com
Tel: 08179030577, 08083090012
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Climbing a three will be my advice sha. Why should I blv dis ?
Op are u a survivor of lion attack? ..
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by cheezkid(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
do what GEORGe of the jungle did..
carry it up like john cena,
spin spin spin .
then finally give it the SMACK!!!!!!

THe lion wont ever dare to come near a human again grin

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
Well done... I pity u if u try dis your trick wit hungry lion.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by nerodenero: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vivly: There are only 34 lions in Nigeria.
What is the possibility that I'll meet one.
The figure is contestable.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Well done... I pity u if u try dis your trick wit hungry lion. I dnt doubt ur trick, bt i pity u
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by nerodenero: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nice tip but with this plenty stories and in front of a daring lion, I bet you will forget everything and run for your dare life.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by dabrake(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
This one sef na advice nii??
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
How to survive a lion attack:
1) lay down
2) say ur last prayer
3)give up
4) die!

Hope this helps?....

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by firestar(f): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
undecided

Alright. It takes guts to just stand there with your arms out-stretched and trying to look like a pissed-off puffer fish.

Before I start with lions or cheetahs, those mad dogs... should do, shey? sad

(E no easy o... to dey sing and to dance and peepu dey rejoice ee-oh.... My broda...my sistah.... nor be today o.....)
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
Smh, no offense, I think the op is high. So make I see lion come put my hand for head, dey clap and shout?? When I suppose don disappear.
The title shuda been"what to do if a Lion is very very close to you" cos the 1st instinct for any normal human being is to vanish.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by drlaykay(m): 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks op
It worked!!! cheesy cheesy
I just woke up from sleep where I practicalised it. grin grin grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vivly: There are only 34 lions in Nigeria.
What is the possibility that I'll meet one.
maybe in your dreams. grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by pendusky(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
THE TRUTH IS LET THE THING NO SEE ME AT ALL
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by free2ryhme: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Incrizz: Should you ever happen to be in the path of a lion while out on a walking safari in Africa (or any safari park) or due to the sheer bad luck of falling into the lion enclosure at your local zoo, then you'll need to know what to do. Like most information of this sort, it's better read now and tucked away for future reference, in the off chance you might actually need to draw on it when it matters most.

Steps

Tips and Warnings

See if the lion is not interested at all. In fact, most lions will choose to run when confronted by a human, especially if you show any signs of being scrawny, as they prefer to avoid confrontation with non-typical prey species. However, the desire to run away can't be said of all lions, especially those that feel cornered, are starving or feel that their territory or cubs are threatened.

1.Above all, do not run. Running around any animal that hunts for a living will incite its prey chasing mechanism faster than you can blink. It will be difficult but hold your ground and breathe steadily.

2. Tell yourself over and over, "I will not run, I will not bolt, for if I do, the lion will too."

Talk in a calm and firm voice to the lion. You can tell it anything you like really, provided it's calm and firm. After all, lions don't know a single human language, so it's all down to body and facial signals and a steady voice.

3. Try to make yourself appear larger than you really are. Lions are fairly lazy on the whole and if you look like a challenge, the chances are that the lion will treat you as such and be less inclined to attack. Things that might help increase your physical size appearance include:

4. Raising your hands above your head and keeping them there.

Pitching your jacket between your raised hands to look like a sail, and hopefully a bigger you.

Widening your stance gently and not so much as to overbalance.

Don't spend too long attempting this; it probably won't work that well.

Retreat very slowly backwards, continuing to face the lion. As you walk backwards, maintain eye contact. Never turn your back; this just makes it really easy for the lion to see a clear leaping space without eye contact to disarm him.

5. Clap, shout, and wave your arms. This isn't normal prey behavior, so this will confuse it, and give the lion the illusion that you are one noisy nuisance that needs to be avoided. Unfortunately, this conflicts with the next piece of advice, which is to avoid making sudden movements. So you'll need to clap and shout without being too effusive in the process.

6. Ready yourself for an attack. Most of the time a first and possibly even later charges are only a warning, but not always. Listen for a deep growling roar just prior to a charge. This means that you need to be prepared to do whatever you can to fight off the lion.

7. If a lion does charge you, then hold your ground, remain standing and do not bolt. Instead, clap your hands, wave your arms (no need to worry about sudden moves anymore, it's defend yourself time) and make noise like shouting.

If need be, fight back with whatever you have to hand, such as sticks, rocks, your backpack, your belt, your safari pack, your binoculars, whatever. Throw as hard as you can and aim for the face, the eyes and anywhere else likely to cause pain.

Lions will go for your throat; by staying standing and fighting back (punching, kicking, hitting with objects, etc.), you may survive––there are accounts of people having done so this way.

Only run if there is enough space between you, the lion and safety. Judging that is contextual.

Tips

Lions are powerful, beautiful animals. Take all necessary precautions to stay out of their way and let them live as nature intended. Especially as a tourist or visitor to Africa, don't do stupid things like walking alone or unaided in lion country, and going where you haven't a clue what's going on.

⁠Obey all the rules in safari parks. The rules are there to protect you; disobey them at your own risk.

-Wiki

You post some cRap u have absolutely no knowledge and one dumb mod put dis dustbin on frontpage

Even seun osewa would not act dis cRap infRont of a caged lion let alone a live lion

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Rottenegg1: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Which is why i wouldn't even dare walk in the wild without my Glock...
The sound of a single shot will make him run for his dear life...
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, I take God beg una, If luck runs out on you and you encounter a Lion..... Run for your innocent life,. Dont mind those oyinbos, all those drama wey dem tell you to dey perform for Lion front go just dey exite the Lion........ CAPISH? #ijoshy

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by PointB: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Tips works very well when dealing with a ferocious dog. But with lions, it will take a whale size courage.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Badosqi(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
This ur tips can only work on a lazy male lion. Female lion(lionness) are known for hunting and would not care to hunt you down..male lions are generally lazy, they sleep alot, defend their territory and protect their family....

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by omenykle2s: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
a мan ѕaw a lιon ιn тнe вυѕн, нe ĸnelт
down& cloѕed нιѕ eyeѕ and ѕтarтed prayιng.
нe opened нιѕ eyeѕ and ѕaw тнe lιon
ĸneelιng ιn ғronт oғ нιм and prayιng тoo.
wнaт a ѕнocĸ! нe aѕĸed тнe lιon, are yoυ a
cнrιѕтιan? тнe lιon replιed don'т yoυ pray
вeғore yoυ eaт ?
so my advice is u ruuuuun!

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
I dont care how useful the tips are. If I see lion,its either I die willingly or I run faster than my shadow
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Do these people know how enormous the beast is
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by gameboy727(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
I wouldn't even try this in my dreams. Say I encounter lion, if ah no break Usain Bolt record that day make ah know wetin cause am.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sulakishop(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Incrizz: Should you ever happen to be in the path of a lion while out on a walking safari in Africa (or any safari park) or due to the sheer bad luck of falling into the lion enclosure at your local zoo, then you'll need to know what to do. Like most information of this sort, it's better read now and tucked away for future reference, in the off chance you might actually need to draw on it when it matters most.

Steps

Tips and Warnings

See if the lion is not interested at all. In fact, most lions will choose to run when confronted by a human, especially if you show any signs of being scrawny, as they prefer to avoid confrontation with non-typical prey species. However, the desire to run away can't be said of all lions, especially those that feel cornered, are starving or feel that their territory or cubs are threatened.

1.Above all, do not run. Running around any animal that hunts for a living will incite its prey chasing mechanism faster than you can blink. It will be difficult but hold your ground and breathe steadily.

2. Tell yourself over and over, "I will not run, I will not bolt, for if I do, the lion will too."

Talk in a calm and firm voice to the lion. You can tell it anything you like really, provided it's calm and firm. After all, lions don't know a single human language, so it's all down to body and facial signals and a steady voice.

3. Try to make yourself appear larger than you really are. Lions are fairly lazy on the whole and if you look like a challenge, the chances are that the lion will treat you as such and be less inclined to attack. Things that might help increase your physical size appearance include:

4. Raising your hands above your head and keeping them there.

Pitching your jacket between your raised hands to look like a sail, and hopefully a bigger you.

Widening your stance gently and not so much as to overbalance.

Don't spend too long attempting this; it probably won't work that well.

Retreat very slowly backwards, continuing to face the lion. As you walk backwards, maintain eye contact. Never turn your back; this just makes it really easy for the lion to see a clear leaping space without eye contact to disarm him.

5. Clap, shout, and wave your arms. This isn't normal prey behavior, so this will confuse it, and give the lion the illusion that you are one noisy nuisance that needs to be avoided. Unfortunately, this conflicts with the next piece of advice, which is to avoid making sudden movements. So you'll need to clap and shout without being too effusive in the process.

6. Ready yourself for an attack. Most of the time a first and possibly even later charges are only a warning, but not always. Listen for a deep growling roar just prior to a charge. This means that you need to be prepared to do whatever you can to fight off the lion.

7. If a lion does charge you, then hold your ground, remain standing and do not bolt. Instead, clap your hands, wave your arms (no need to worry about sudden moves anymore, it's defend yourself time) and make noise like shouting.

If need be, fight back with whatever you have to hand, such as sticks, rocks, your backpack, your belt, your safari pack, your binoculars, whatever. Throw as hard as you can and aim for the face, the eyes and anywhere else likely to cause pain.

Lions will go for your throat; by staying standing and fighting back (punching, kicking, hitting with objects, etc.), you may survive––there are accounts of people having done so this way.

Only run if there is enough space between you, the lion and safety. Judging that is contextual.

Tips

Lions are powerful, beautiful animals. Take all necessary precautions to stay out of their way and let them live as nature intended. Especially as a tourist or visitor to Africa, don't do stupid things like walking alone or unaided in lion country, and going where you haven't a clue what's going on.

⁠Obey all the rules in safari parks. The rules are there to protect you; disobey them at your own risk.

-Wiki

abeg wetin be the title of this film?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by eyenCalabar(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
We can actually kill a Lion just like Sampson did. Muster some courage and the power to fight back would be done on you. Fight your fears. Just imagine yourself jumping a very long fence because you were chased by a police. It's the same thing here: courage, boldness and the believe that you can actually fight the Lion. With these three, you'll come out victoriously.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
this thread should appear under fun section pls
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
How about climbing a tree?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by spinna: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sarutobie(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
OP forgot that lions move in packs..you will hardly meet a single lion alone..and nothing is as bold as a group of lions together.They fear nothing! This might work against lone hunters like the leopard or tiger but not against lions who move in groups..even a group of domesticated dogs can stand against a bear or a larger animal..the more the numbers,the more they are emboldened..So that scenerio is highly unlikely..
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sucess001(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
Strauskhan1: Fellow Nigerians, I take God beg una, If luck runs out on you and you encounter a Lion..... Run for your innocent life,. Dont mind those oyinbos, all those drama wey dem tell you to dey perform for Lion front go just dey exite the Lion........ CAPISH? #ijoshy

You are wrong sir. if you see a lion and run, it is 99% sure he ll kill you. cos he is faster than the fastest human.

like the op said...you should maintain your stand. since a human is taller than a lion, he ll struggle to get to your neck-the spot they always target. lions know the easiest way to kill is to 'go for the jugular' and block the windpipes.

if you dont run, the possibility is that they wont attack.

its important you kip these in mind.

altho i dont agree with the clapping thin.

i wuld even suggest that you run at the lion if you are sure if wants to attack. not fly run at it but run at it like you want to attack it. most lions would run when they see an animal bold enuf to attack it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appliances From The Past. / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.