Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

How To Survive A Lion Attack - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Survive A Lion Attack (27618 Views)

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Mustay(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2013
komek:

Yes, u can't out run a Lion, buh standing there and applying those tips, is still not an option at all. Run first .

You've just gone round the same circle!!!

Additionally, in India and some South Asian countries, wild animals are near human territories so it isn't always about "don't go there".
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sucess001(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:

After trying this stunt on my Neighbours Rottweiler some minutes ago, and I barely came back with my Jeans intact...
I will not! "I repeat"
I WILL NOT! try it with a Leo @ alllllllllllllll
if common dog wan kee me because I no run, then I go try that rubbish with Lion abi?
OP you try...

if you take time to watch national geographic..you ll understand.

if u run...a lion will kill u cos it will outrun you. if u stand your ground it will be scared. its just like you pursuin a goat...if it runs..,.you run after it...but if a goat doesnt run from you or even runs after you...u ll first run init?

thats how it is wit lions too. its a psycological thing

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fawklicant: 9:16am On Nov 05, 2013
cacius: This is more visible.

Is this the lioness? This one is still a cub by any standard. My friend stop fooling yourself. A full grown lioness will be close to waist high considering your height. Now see what a grown lioness should look like below.

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fawklicant: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2013
cacius: I am an animal lover and I love adventures too. On my first safari trip in South Africa I went to a place called lion park in Rustenberg. Is a very big place with lions every where they have the oldest males about 2 of them in one big enclosure and some wild looking lioness in another big field about 8 of them then they have some 14 months old in another place those were the friendly ones. I saw some white couples stroking their heads and I summon courage and entered the cage to play with them. I have pictures to prove it.[s] Lions are very nice and warm animals try not to be scared when u are meet one.[/s] Here are the pics.

And you wrote all these feeling like the s.hit right? Praytell, why did you avoid the enclosure with the adult lions and lionesses in them? Sure they are nice and warm animals. Mtchewwwww!
Most wild animals' litters are usually friendly when they are still young and naive. Once they get their killer instincts on by the time they are mature, there is NOTHING nice and warm about them anymore ...unless they are fairly tame and domesticated.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Badosqi: This ur tips can only work on a lazy male lion. Female lion(lionness) are known for hunting and would not care to hunt you down..male lions are generally lazy, they sleep alot, defend their territory and protect their family....
so are u gonna act safe n try these tips with a dark maned male lion then,2 c if it works,huh?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2013
sucess001:

if you take time to watch national geographic..you ll understand.

if u run...a lion will kill u cos it will outrun you. if u stand your ground it will be scared. its just like you pursuin a goat...if it runs..,.you run after it...but if a goat doesnt run from you or even runs after you...u ll first run init?

thats how it is wit lions too. its a psycological thing

Lion won't be scared if you stand your ground, it may take it as a challenge, especially if it is a male lion.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sucess001(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2013
Fulaman198:

Lion won't be scared if you stand your ground, it may take it as a challenge, especially if it is a male lion.

some will be scared. the male ones might not. but if u stand ur ground...it will buy u time to slowly walk away
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Rexxie:
so are u gonna act safe n try these tips with a dark maned male lion then,2 c if it works,huh?
This was a safety tip on how to survive an attack by a single lion, not a whole pack. Because if they confront u in a group... Divine internship will be the only way out.
They use psychological war strategy to subdue giant creatures like elephants, which are several times their size!
The strategy includes encircling the animal, biting and scratching it while letting it charge at them occasionaly but they run for just a short distance, while the rest scratch and bite. Occasionaly they let it break loose from their seige, give it a light chase and then surround it again and the tussle for survival continues. This can go on the whole day till the poor creature gets exhausted and gives up the fight, thereafter becoming a meal!
If they can do that to the mighty elephant, can this small creature called human realy vanquish them?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fawklicant: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2013
Hbuyosh:
This was a safety tip on how to survive an attack by a single lion, not a whole pack. Because if they confront u in a group... Divine[i] internship[/i] interment[b][/b] will be the only way out.
They use psychological war strategy to subdue giant creatures like elephants, which are several times their size!
The strategy includes encircling the animal, biting and scratching it while letting it charge at them occasionaly but they run for just a short distance, while the rest scratch and bite. Occasionaly they let it break loose from their seige, give it a light chase and then surround it again and the tussle for survival continues. This can go on the whole day till the poor creature gets exhausted and gives up the fight, thereafter becoming a meal!
If they can do that to the mighty elephant, can this small creature called human realy vanquish them?

FIXED.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sucess001(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Hbuyosh:
This was a safety tip on how to survive an attack by a single lion, not a whole pack. Because if they confront u in a group... Divine internship will be the only way out.

the differnce btw us and an elephant is that we ve got brains.

and one of the use of it is to note these tins outlined here...

on anoda note...lions hardly ever attack adult elephants except @ nite when the elephants vision is blurred.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2013
Fawklicant:

FIXED.
Holy fvckk! I wanted to say 'intervention', thanx
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2013
Fawklicant:

FIXED.
Actually i wanted to say 'intervention', but oh my brain. Thanks
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 10:23am On Nov 05, 2013
sucess001:

on anoda note...lions hardly ever attack adult elephants except @ nite when the elephants vision is blurred.
That is the tactic they use to bring down any prey much bigger and stronger than them. Like giraffes, wildebeests, buffaloes, etc
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2013
sucess001:

That is the tactic they use to bring down any prey much bigger and stronger than them. Like giraffes, wildebeests, buffaloes, etc.
So with your big brain, what would you do if you encounter four very hungry lions?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2013
Nna ehn, it is Usian bolt things o.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sucess001(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2013
Hbuyosh:
That is the tactic they use to bring down any prey much bigger and stronger than them. Like giraffes, wildebeests, buffaloes, etc.
So with your big brain, what would you do if you encounter four very hungry lions?

the diff is dt a man dt has brains will not let dem wear him out but rathe rlook for an escape route. stop tinkin like a wilderbeast or a girraffe bro. wen you stand ur ground, the purpose is to buy you tme or space so you can escape.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fawklicant: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2013
Hbuyosh:
Actually i wanted to say 'intervention', but oh my brain. Thanks

grin grin grin I wasn't trying to correct your grammar. undecided wink
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by chiefololade: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
How to survive a Lion attack "USE GUN" I repeat "USE GUN"... copy that
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by 5p1naz(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
I have seen this episode on national geographic wild... I don't agree with the 'if a lion pounces on you, don't fall to the ground" truth is its weight alone sends you to the ground... Lets all hope we never encounter this beast some strange pill call beautiful..... Good article for survival tho... But before u ever encounter a lion though, think about this, if u enter ur friend compound and the guy get one killer German shepherd wey no like u, and u jam by surprise would you practice this techniques.? I'd you can't then forget lion.....
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
chiefololade: How to survive a Lion attack "USE GUN" I repeat "USE GUN"... copy that
How many people over there in nigeria own guns? And do you walk around with a gun? Does your govt permit u to do that?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by favouredprince(m): 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
op don watch mr bones tire, chai i pity u...
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
jennypinky: Nna, it is Mike Tyson things o.
Babe you got brains.

Better to die fighting. Who knows..

All the stories I have heard of lions killing people were more of those who ran.

The few I heard who survived were those who stood back and fought. Aim for the eyes, use sand, use your brain, Not legs.

This won't work for a neighbours dogs. Private security dogs are trained specifically to attack humans!

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Fawklicant:

grin grin grin I wasn't trying to correct your grammar. undecided wink
Hahaha..he didn't get the joke.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by chiefololade: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hbuyosh:
How many people over there in nigeria own guns? And do you walk around with a gun? Does your govt permit u to do that?
How many Lion are in Nigeria and did the government permit you to face a Lion?...
Nothing is legal in Nigeria
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by alexarelano(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dannylux: God forbid!!!

The kind sweat wey go enter your nyash no go gree you remember these rules.
Running would be your automatic reflex reaction!!
grin
cheesy grin abeg na pepper I dey eat ooo grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by xedyl(m): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
I hear you!!!!!!
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by wealth2al(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
just passing
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Abbott(m): 12:41am On Nov 06, 2013
Incrizz: *Hands on My mouth* O MA GOSH! FRONT PAGE? I love you Mods..hahahahah cheesy

I can't help but laugh at all the comments. As for me, I will take the advice in the write-up: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT RUN. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK. MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT AND, SHOUT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH!

PS: I once read of a story yearssssssss ago, on one of our newspapers of an African girl who was circumcised and was about to be married away forcefully.
She decided to run away from home and ran into the forest. After days of being lost and hungry, she sat against a tree, tired hungry and ready to die when out of nowhere, as if in answer to her prayers, a lion surfaced.
She said she was so grateful to see the lion because she knew she was about to be put out of her misery. She kept looking at the lion, in relief, while he merely walked around her, sniffing.
When he was done, he walked away. She felt disappointed.
She runs an NGO now against female circumcision.

Do not climb a tree. Lions do climb trees. They may not be experts but they do. They are not called best hunters for nothing.

If you meet more than one, make sure you do not run!!!!!!!! GOD ALMIGHTY WILL SAVE YOU.

I won't eat this bread. Lai lai!!!
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by dsimpleyahooc: 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abeg make una 4get dat tin na d wey lion go jam u 4 bush u go knw weda rules dey exist
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
The only thing that intimidates lions is size. Overly aggressive cape buffaloes, rhinos, elephants are the only thing that scares lions. They are truly an apex predator.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abbott:

I won't eat this bread. Lai lai!!!
lol. 'Said the lion, right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Appliances From The Past. / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.