Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,983 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:52 AM

Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets (11896 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Activist Prays For Mali To Defeat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Tolexander: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh proved yet again why he was regarded as a born leader when he strolled into the Golden Eaglets locker room to counsel and pray for the budding youngsters after their 2-0 win over Uruguay on Saturday in Sharjah.

Speaking on the team’s impressive performance at the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013, Oliseh who is on the Technical Study Group (TSG) said the players deserve commendation but warned them against complacency.

“Working with FIFA, you have made me very proud because of your playing style and overall conduct in this competition,” began Oliseh who cried like a baby when Super Eagles finished runners-up when Ghana-Nigeria co-hosted the 2000 African cup of Nations.”But be that as it may, I don’t want you to start counting because nobody remembers the team that comes second next day except the champions.”
Golden Eaglets in jubilant mood

Oliseh said the Golden Eaglets should not regard themselves as favourites yet to lift the trophy despite playing some of the best matches at this championship.

The former Ajax and Juventus midfielder said:” You don’t start counting until the battle is won and I want you to learn from a team like Brazil who are already out of the competition because they started counting before the job was done.”
The two-time World Cup star further warned the players against complacency even as he charged them to pay attention to instruction from ‘the most competent Under-17 coaching crew.’

”In my village, we were told that you cannot be dancing and be looking at your buttocks,” Oliseh said philosophically.” What that means is that you need to listen to your coaches because they are the ones that can look at your back while you are on the pitch playing.”

He later offered prayers asking God to bless their careers as well as all efforts towards the team’s success at the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013.

orisun

17 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Grendel(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ok kiss

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Olugbenger(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Click like if you believe in prayers but know that Golden Eaglets would still suceed without Oliseh's prayer.

While only God can save Super eagles.
cool

I need to sell this particular plot of land and it's urgent.
Can i get ur likes,plss?
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Golden eaglet all the way with or without prayer.
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Danhumprey: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Good one from Sunday Oliseh. These lads would make us proud. It seem Naija is on a winning spree this year. cool

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by 190: 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by 190: 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by 190: 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by omoadeleye(m): 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
brb, i wanna read dx post.
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by 190: 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ive just bought 3 spaces Plots of land

just above me!!

cost from N200,000,000 - N500,000,000 Each

contact me on 190thelandseller@nairaland.com

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by sCun: 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
If the lose their next match, at least we know the reason.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by dabrake(m): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
190: Ive just bought 3 spaces Plots of land

just above me!!

You dey mad. grin grin grin grin grin

@topic, cool of him. I've always liked the dude.
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by alotofgrace(m): 11:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
just relocated my post down the grin Street grin
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Olugbenger(m): 11:47pm On Nov 03, 2013

just above me!!

My people abeg don't patronize this guy, he is a scam. Purchase genuine and quality products from the right source,always.
angry angry angry. Look clearly above and you would identify my own plot with C/O in a better position.
It is partly developed with some likes cheesy and I even offer it at a cheaper price.
Installmental payments too are accepted.
Thank you.
wink wink

13 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by barackosama(m): 11:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Everybody just wan make Sound. lipsrsealed
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by alotofgrace(m): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
the eaglets nor dey mature sef?
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Evalsam1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
May God answer ur prayer in Jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Nnadiguyman20(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
Cul 1
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by Deolaw: 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2013

just above me!!

Nobody cares

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by AdekunleBalogun: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
All hands must be on deck to make sure this boys not only wins the trophy but also establish themselves in the game.... All of them are young and they have good understanding of the game, all we need to do is nurture them well... Well done mr. Oliseh.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by ikekings1: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2013

just above me!!

Lmao!!! Mkpi hausa!!! Na for nairaland u dey buy land? Ur mates don build house and dey are married u still dey here dey book space..

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by airmark(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nice psyching.
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by mcevans1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2013

just above me!!

Olugbenger:
My people abeg don't patronize this guy, he is scam
angry angry angry. Look clearly above and you would identify my own plot in a better position,; i offer it at a cheaper price.
Installmental payments too are accepted.

grin grin grin

Just imagine! Pot calling kettle black grin

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by alfredo4u(m): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2013
SB JH HB l offing HK
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by gen2briz(m): 12:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Place your advert here
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by drnairalov: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2013

just above me!!

sigh smh 4 ur brain

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by redcliff: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2013
Tolexander:

Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh proved yet again why he was regarded as a born leader when he strolled into the Golden Eaglets locker room to counsel and pray for the budding youngsters after their 2-0 win over Uruguay on Saturday in Sharjah.

Speaking on the team’s impressive performance at the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013, Oliseh who is on the Technical Study Group (TSG) said the players deserve commendation but warned them against complacency.

“Working with FIFA, you have made me very proud because of your playing style and overall conduct in this competition,” began Oliseh who cried like a baby when Super Eagles finished runners-up when Ghana-Nigeria co-hosted the 2000 African cup of Nations.”But be that as it may, I don’t want you to start counting because nobody remembers the team that comes second next day except the champions.”

Oliseh said the Golden Eaglets should not regard themselves as favourites yet to lift the trophy despite playing some of the best matches at this championship.

The former Ajax and Juventus midfielder said:” You don’t start counting until the battle is won and I want you to learn from a team like Brazil who are already out of the competition because they started counting before the job was done.”
The two-time World Cup star further warned the players against complacency even as he charged them to pay attention to instruction from ‘the most competent Under-17 coaching crew.’

”In my village, we were told that you cannot be dancing and be looking at your buttocks,” Oliseh said philosophically.” What that means is that you need to listen to your coaches because they are the ones that can look at your back while you are on the pitch playing.”

He later offered prayers asking God to bless their careers as well as all efforts towards the team’s success at the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013.

orisun

[size=14pt]whenever i hear that word, the boyz game level drop to zero all the time. Nigerian journalism is becoming to get so annoying and predictable in terms of chosen words.[/size]
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by engrtee(f): 12:13am On Nov 04, 2013
Play and pray

all pray and no play makes mikel a miserable footballer

all play but no pray makes okotcha a skillful looser

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by checkdate(m): 12:15am On Nov 04, 2013
IF HE DOES NOT SAY THE PRAYERS, WHO WILL ? ?
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by lacicrips(m): 12:29am On Nov 04, 2013

just above me!!

When are you going to grow up?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by skyscraperTM(m): 12:35am On Nov 04, 2013
lacicrips:

When are you going to grow up?
yesterday. lipsrsealed
Re: Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets by hammedkola(m): 12:36am On Nov 04, 2013
ikekings1: Lmao!!! Mkpi hausa!!! Na for nairaland u dey buy land? Ur mates don build house and dey are married u still dey here dey book space..

And what of you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Private League Code. / Leganes Signs Kenneth Omeruo On Loan From Chelsea (Photo) / Manchester United Scrap Middle East Training Camp Amid Security Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.