Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (36469 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 23, 2013
I have nothing much to say other than the Fact that ''PURGATORY is FICTIONAL''.. It is not Real, It does not Exist..
If Purgatory is real and seen as an intermediate between heaven and hell, then I see no reason why It should not be found in the bible like heaven and hell.. Search the scriptures till Jesus comes and you will never find the word PURGA not to talk of the whole word.
The Word Purgatory unlike Heaven and hell was invented by man..
If at all purgatory really exist, then i will say that the Earth is purgartory!!.. Heb 9 vs 27 made it clear.. After you die, You will be Judged!!.. FINAL..

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Syncan(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2013
I-am-Winner:
I have nothing much to say other than the Fact that ''PURGATORY is FICTIONAL''.. It is not Real, It does not Exist..
If Purgatory is real and seen as an intermediate between heaven and hell, then I see no reason why It should not be found in the bible like heaven and hell.. Search the scriptures till Jesus comes and you will never find the word PURGA not to talk of the whole word.
The Word Purgatory unlike Heaven and hell was invented by man..
If at all purgatory really exist, then i will say that the Earth is purgartory!!.. Heb 9 vs 27 made it clear.. After you die, You will be Judged!!.. FINAL..

Yeah, same goes for "Trinity", "Bible", "Crusade", "Alter call", G O,"Sunday in place of Sabbath" etc. Them many bros...If you search from now till Armageddon, you no go see them for scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by POPEII: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Yeah, same goes for "Trinity", "Bible", "Crusade", "Alter call", G O,"Sunday in place of Sabbath" etc. Them many bros...If you search from now till Armageddon, you no go see them for scripture.
See finishing grin shocked choi
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
POPE II: See finishing grin shocked choi
i can't help but laff at you!!..
Syncan:

are u sure u read my post veri well?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by joyce01(f): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
No, there isn't. It's either Heaven or he'll. Once u leave dis world, there's no mercy again.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by POPEII: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
joyce01: No, there isn't. It's either Heaven or he'll. Once u leave dis world, there's no mercy again.
so your sins are judged in hell or heaven? Smh 4 u
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Abee79(m): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment
Hebrews 9:27

* The idea of purgatory is a BIG lie of the devil and many have been deceived lipsrsealed
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by ebuwealth: 2:17pm On May 20, 2017
Well I might not be understood by what I am about to saY!
Yet I still have something to share with is apparently different from must of your views, I am neither a Catholic nor am I a protetant, but yet a christian, a christian because we were first calld Christians in Antioch as "Kristianus"

well there is nothing like Purgatory as the catholic allege, yet someone was quoting 1 cor 3:15 in favour that that is refering to Purgatory
Now I must tell you that you are been mislead by the interpreter of that verse or even the scripture you used in reading that Verse. Now lets consider the PSR translation
1 COR 3 13-15

13. The work of each will become apparent, for the Day will clarify it, because it is disclosed by Fire, and the Fire Itself will test the work of what sort it is, [Yshá`Yâhuw 4: 4, 42: 23 - 43: 1-2, Mal’âkhíy 3: 2, MattithYâ´huw 3: 11, Márquwç 9: 49, 1 Këph 4: 12]
14. and if the work of anyone, which he edified, stays, he shall receive wages,
15. but if the work of anyone shall be burned to the ground, he shall suffer loss, but he himself shall be saved, but likewise, as through a fire.
Please not that those reference verses and chapters are written in Hebrew as that are the actual names for them, I mean those in the bracket

Now consider Mal 3:2 known as Malakhiy above
see what is said there:

"But who is to endure the Day of His coming? And who is the one standing when He appears? Because He is like the fire of a refiner, or like the soap of launderers!"

there Paulus (Paul) was refering to The coming of Our Saviour Yahuwshua (see why I call him Yahuwshua http://www.yahuwshua.org/en/jesus666.htm)
if you clearly read that verse very well you will that it is not refering to Purgatory at all, it is just your mistranslation and interpretation

Mind you also that No one is going to go to Heaven, The Kingdom Of Yahweh is here on earth that is why we pray that may His Kingdom Come! However, Heaven is the dwelling place of the Most High, He can not share it with man,

let me stop here thanks for reading And May Peace be your Possession In the Land of the Living!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by ebuwealth: 2:26pm On May 20, 2017
joyce01:
No, there isn't. It's either Heaven or he'll. Once u leave dis world, there's no mercy again.

My dear, Our Heavenly Father is a Merciful Father, He do not delight in the death of a sinner.
well I do not blame you dear Lovely Friend, its because Our Bibles has been wrongly translated by the scribe to favour the doctrines of the Pagan as the Bibles contradicted itself, when the Scriptures of the most High is straight and forward, as he Never Errs.
the bible translators wrongly translated the Kindom of Yahweh to mean Heaven, which is wrong, man is made to inheret the earth, only the earth and its evil shall be eradicated then the Peace and love of Yahweh shall exist as the New Heaven AND earth see the book revelation

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Pastor Richmond Leigh Is Dead / Apostle Johnson Suleman Forgives Stephanie Otobo, Reverses All Curses Laid On / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.