Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known (2373 Views)

10 More Popular Bible 'verses' That Aren't Actually In The Bible / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 12:05am On Nov 04, 2013
Christianity was first practiced by the apostles of yeshua.
They believed he was the Messiah of the Jews, even tho all other Jews didn't believe,
besides yeshua was dead already,
he couldn't have been the Messiah, yeshua didn't fulfill the prophecy.
When the Jews at the time were against the apostles for being Christians, claiming it was blasphemy.

The Jews contracted Paul who later claimed to convert to christianity.
No one knows why Paul converted but it's clear that his conversion was the biggest advantage for christianity.

Paul never knew yeshua, but he knew most of the apostles(became an apostles himself). Paul was a different kind of apostle.
1. He was half Roman, half Jew
2. He had multiple religions; Mithraism and judaism(later christianity)
3. He was more intelligent and educated than all the other apostles
4. He enjoyed lots of immunity
5. He was the one to initiate the conversion of non-Jews into christianity(at first christianity wasn't suppose to be outside Jewish territory)
6. He got into many arguments with the other apostles, especially Simon Peter.
7. He wrote about 60% of the New testament.
8. He always referred to yeshua as his personal God and savior
9. He wrote to convince that yeshua was not only for the Jews but also for the gentiles(this was not the original plan)
10. He and Peter were the founding fathers of christianity in Rome.

1. Constatine became the first Christian emperor of Rome.
2. He was a political leader, who just had half his power relieved from his office, and had to fight his way up to re-acquire it(at that time, Rome had been controlled by a civil office and military office)
3. He funded Christians, built the first churches, stopped prosecution.
4. He created his own Bible
5. He made christianity part of Roman law
6. He re-acquired both civil and military leadership.
7. He made Christians part of his inner circle
8. He set up the catholic and orthodox churches.
9. He put huge taxes on non-Christians, and had his army preach in the name of Yeshua as they killed those who didn't believe them.
10. He wasn't baptized until he was about to die.

The Romans who had newly become Christians, still devoted to their pagan gods continued to honor them. The temples of their gods were not destroyed but turned into churches.

The Romans have been modifying religions and undergoing conversions for hundreds of years before christianity.
From Greek paganism, to Kemetism, to Mithraism to catholism.

If you check out the similarities between these religions you would be shocked to what you would find.

Catholism was only created for political purposes, the rituals and ceremony which the Romans did in previous religions were carried into catholism.

Historians and religious scholars accuse them of editing the NT.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Christianity is a false tag. Paulianity is the best tag cuz all the doctrines in the church are contradictory to that of Jesus and based on paul teaching.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by engrtee(f): 8:24am On Nov 04, 2013
I hereby move a motion for the ban of op

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2013
engrtee: I hereby move a motion for the ban of op

for telling the truth? Butthurt.....
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Christianity is a false tag. Paulianity is the best tag cuz all the doctrines in the church are contradictory to that of Jesus and based on paul teaching.

too late for that.. Christianity is now a mature institution with deep roots as the tree of life.. it cannot be uprooted anymore..
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2013
voltron:

too late for that.. Christianity is now a mature institution with deep roots as the tree of life.. it cannot be uprooted anymore..

Rooted in paganism?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
I take this to mean that you are saying that Yahweh never meant to reach out to gentiles.

If so, then read the paasage below.

macof:

5. He was the one to initiate the conversion of non-Jews into christianity -at first christianity wasn't suppose to be outside Jewish territory-

(Isaiah 49:6).
"And he said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: 'I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6).

Paul quoted the those scriptures while preaching to gentiles:

(Acts 13:47).
"For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that you should be for a salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts 13:47).

One thing i give to you is that christianity was corrupted by constantine and his clique, but that has not changed the plans of Yahweh.

Again, paul was baptised by Ananias, check your facts well.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
truthislight: I take this to mean that you are saying that Yahweh never meant to reach out to gentiles.

"And he said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: 'I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6).

"For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that you should be for a salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts 13:47).

One thing i give to you is that christianity was corrupted by constantine and his clique, but that has not changed the plans of Yahweh.

Peace

to the bold- am so sorry I totally forgot that.

now to the rest-
1. The other nations dont need Yahweh, they have their own God.
2. The jews are the worst racist and tribalist in history, Nothing they do is ever meant for non-jews
3. The only the reason why Christianity is a world wide practiced religion unlike judaism is beacuse of Paul's mentality wasnt like the other jews
4. Christianity was only accepted by constatine due to its political advantage.
5. Before christianity got to roman hears, it was not a separate religion. it was only a clique for the devote apostles of yeshua.
6. The jews never preached about salvation of sin in the way christianity does. salvation and forgiveness in Judaism is achieved through confession, prayer, offering and repentance.
7. The jewish spirituality is superior to others, I dont see why non-jews should subscribe to jewish laws
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
check this out to prove the real Messiah.
https://www.nairaland.com/1496957/jewish-messiah
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof:

to the bold- am so sorry I totally forgot that.

now to the rest-
1. The other nations dont need Yahweh, they have their own God.
2. The jews are the worst racist and tribalist in history, Nothing they do is ever meant for non-jews
3. The only the reason why Christianity is a world wide practiced religion unlike judaism is beacuse of Paul's mentality wasnt like the other jews
4. Christianity was only accepted by constatine due to its political advantage.
5. Before christianity got to roman hears, it was not a separate religion. it was only a clique for the devote apostles of yeshua.
6. The jews never preached about salvation of sin in the way christianity does. salvation and forgiveness in Judaism is achieved through confession, prayer, offering and repentance.
7. The jewish spirituality is superior to others, I dont see why non-jews should subscribe to jewish laws

Men, i dont know why you are running from the points i presented to you base on your statement that "christianity was not supposed to get to other nations" but Israel.

I proceeded to show to you that it was Yahweh's plans from the onset to reach all nations.

He had told Abraham, by means of his seed, 'all nations' of the earth will certainly bless themselves.

Address this post properly and not just preoccupied with what you want to say that is not all true.

truthislight: I take this to mean that you are saying that Yahweh never meant to reach out to gentiles.

Peace

peace.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
truthislight:

Men, i dont know why you are running from the points i presented to you base on your statement that "christianity was not supposed to get to other nations but Israel.

I proceeded to show to you that it was Yahweh's plans from the onset to reach all nations.

He had told Abraham, by means of his seed, 'all nations' of the earth will certainly bless themselves.

Address this post properly and not just preoccupied with what you want to say that is not all true.

peace.

He told Abraham? who is the "he"? wat god is that?

typical jewish mentality, they believe they are superior to others.

And you should know that Peter and Paul had several arguments concerning Paul's preaching to the gentiles

The Gentiles never needed any light from the Jews.
every nation has a light of its own.

I dont subscribe to mental slavery and dependence on foreign powers.

the theme of "salvation for the gentiles" is false, Gentiles never preached any Jewish messiah so why should they believe in a false Jewish messiah?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
truthislight:

Men, i dont know why you are running from the points i presented to you base on your statement that "christianity was not supposed to get to other nations but Israel.

peace.

christians with their cherry picking. Hmmm.

If your salvation is through Jesus. Lets hear what Jesus got to say to this issue.

Matthew 15:24
King James Version (KJV)

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10:5-6
King James Version (KJV)

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Do you understand the bold? Lets see how you role with it
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
No one will say that his mother's soup is not sweet, so, keep eating what you have growen used to.

Most of what you said below is either a function of ignorant or you are deliberately being dishonest and living in denial.

So, i will let myself to address only the useful content.
macof:

And you should know that Peter and Paul had several arguments concerning Paul's preaching to the gentiles

so, amongst pegans, no body is ever corrected right ?

Well, i know if even peter is shown to you as a messenger of Yahweh, you will denie him, what you are doing up there is looking for what to hold on to to discredit paul that you "hate", because you hate Yahweh.

Since you project peter as genuine apostle, let me show you what peter said about paul to test your honesty as a person that can be trusted:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrestle, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16).
^^

from the above, now go ahead and discredit Peter's words as regards paul being a genuine apostle and show your dishonesty for all to see.

macof:

The Gentiles never needed any light from the Jews.
every nation has a light of its own.

Yeah !, you can say that again.
"gentiles never needed any light", they were content with ancestor worship and putting humans alive in the grave for burial of their leaders and the killing of twins etc.

Same ancestor worship that your fellow pegans the Egyptians did/do in pheroe worship.

Anyway, the light the bible is talking about is a short at everlasting life here on the new earth which no pegan gods can offer = "salvation".

My dear, i cant worship death people that have decayed and turned to dust which is what the pegans do as taught to them by their gods.

I thank Yahweh for giving me an opurtunity to have a short at this :

"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever."
(Psalm 37:29).

Even heaven as the case may be.

Thats ^ the best offer thereis

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
v
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

If your salvation is through Jesus. Lets hear what Jesus got to say to this issue.

King James Version (KJV)

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

King James Version (KJV)

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. " (Matthew 24:14).

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations
, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: " (Matthew 28:19).

Jesus was sent to start with the Jews that were prepared and kept clean to received him, but the bigger picture is all nations and all mankind even those that have died without hearing about him.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof: Christianity was first practiced by the apostles of yeshua.
They believed he was the Messiah of the Jews, even tho all other Jews didn't believe,
besides yeshua was dead already,
he couldn't have been the Messiah, yeshua didn't fulfill the prophecy.
When the Jews at the time were against the apostles for being Christians, claiming it was blasphemy.

The Jews contracted Paul who later claimed to convert to christianity.
No one knows why Paul converted but it's clear that his conversion was the biggest advantage for christianity.

Paul never knew yeshua, but he knew most of the apostles(became an apostles himself). Paul was a different kind of apostle.
1. He was half Roman, half Jew
2. He had multiple religions; Mithraism and judaism(later christianity)
3. He was more intelligent and educated than all the other apostles
4. He enjoyed lots of immunity
5. He was the one to initiate the conversion of non-Jews into christianity(at first christianity wasn't suppose to be outside Jewish territory)
6. He got into many arguments with the other apostles, especially Simon Peter.
7. He wrote about 60% of the New testament.
8. He always referred to yeshua as his personal God and savior
9. He wrote to convince that yeshua was not only for the Jews but also for the gentiles(this was not the original plan)
10. He and Peter were the founding fathers of christianity in Rome.

1. Constatine became the first Christian emperor of Rome.
2. He was a political leader, who just had half his power relieved from his office, and had to fight his way up to re-acquire it(at that time, Rome had been controlled by a civil office and military office)
3. He funded Christians, built the first churches, stopped prosecution.
4. He created his own Bible
5. He made christianity part of Roman law
6. He re-acquired both civil and military leadership.
7. He made Christians part of his inner circle
8. He set up the catholic and orthodox churches.
9. He put huge taxes on non-Christians, and had his army preach in the name of Yeshua as they killed those who didn't believe them.
10. He wasn't baptized until he was about to die.

The Romans who had newly become Christians, still devoted to their pagan gods continued to honor them. The temples of their gods were not destroyed but turned into churches.

The Romans have been modifying religions and undergoing conversions for hundreds of years before christianity.
From Greek paganism, to Kemetism, to Mithraism to catholism.

If you check out the similarities between these religions you would be shocked to what you would find.

Catholism was only created for political purposes, the rituals and ceremony which the Romans did in previous religions were carried into catholism.

Historians and religious scholars accuse them of editing the NT.

True, Constantine contributed immensely to the paganism in catholicism. Imagine when a pagan heads the so called christians. That past marriage of paganism and ''christianity" has contributed to false teachings which can never be erased. Some of these teachings have crept into many other denominations.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
truthislight: No one will say that his mother's soup is not sweet, so, keep eating what you have gowen used to.

Must of what you said below is either a function of ignorant or you are deliberately being dishonest and living in denial.

So, i will let myself to address only the useful content.

so, amongst pegans, no body is ever corrected right ?

Well, i know if even peter is shown to you as a messenger of Yahweh, you will denied him, what you are doing up there is looking for what to hold on to to discredit paul that you "hate", because you hate Yahweh.

Since you project peter as genuine apostle, let me show you what peter said about paul to test your honesty as a person that can be trusted:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrestle, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16).
^^

from the above, now go ahead and discredit Peter's words as regards paul being a genuine apostle and show your dishonesty for all to see.

Yeah !, you can say that again.
"gentiles never needed any light", they were content with ancestor worship and putting humans alive in the grave for burial of their leaders and the killing of twins etc.

Same ancestor worship that your fellow pegans the Egyptians did/do in pheroe worship.

Anyway, the light the bible is talking about is a short at everlasting life here on the new earth which no pegan gods can offer = "salvation".

My dear, i cant worship death people that have decayed and turned to dust which is what the pegans do as taught to them by their gods.

I thank Yahweh for giving me an opurtunity to have a short at this :

"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever."
(Psalm 37:29).

Even heaven as the case nay be.

Thats ^ the best offer thereis.

Am sorry for ur soul, stupidity and slavery has forever been imprinted on it.

Peter as an illiterate fisherman that he was couldn't have disregard for a far better man in wealth, intelligence and coon like Paul.

you should know by now that I charge the original apostles(notably Peter, Mark and John) for raisin a false Messiah to a different level, I accuse them of spreading lies and corruption.

Paul and the Romans on the other hand were only in it for political advantages. I still wonder why Andrew's account wasn't taken into consideration but Luke was.

Of course, pagans make mistakes, we are not perfect humans unlike ur holy spirit filled apostles who were born again into perfection.

You know nothing about paganism, you are just ranting poo out of ignorance and stupidity.

The gods in paganism are not dead humans, demons or mere idols(I don't know why Christians would never stick to just one of these accusations)

The gods are nature forces, one in control of a particular aspect of nature. And they all work by the laws set by God almighty.

In Africa the only people who sacrifice twins are calabar, it wasn't because their gods ask for worship or sacrifice, the ancient calabar were ignorant and un-intelligent enough to see the Joy of twins, they thought it to be too mysterious to be ordinary and in order to play safe they killed the twins.

Killing in most ancient Paganic practices were done as sacrifice to the gods, because it's a known fact that human blood as the highest level of energy which was ideal for the forces of nature to absorb and favor the community. You should try to understand people before u judge them.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Did you not see this my reply again ?

Thought you wanted me to "role with" that ^

and i showed you this:
truthislight:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. " (Matthew 24:14).

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations
, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: " (Matthew 28:19).

Jesus was sent to start with the Jews that were prepared and kept clean to received him, but the bigger picture is all nations and all mankind even those that have died without hearing about him.

Peace.

So, what say you about what Jesus said as the bigger picture ?
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
truthislight:

Did you not see this my reply again ?

Thought you wanted me to "role with" that ^

and i showed you this:

So, what say you about what Jesus said as the bigger picture ?

Lets take the history of the gospel. Mark was written before Matthew; and most account in the gospel of matthew were copied from gospel of mark with little additions.

Matthew 28:19 was copied from Mark 16:12-20 which we both know that the church added that to it. It was not original ancient scripture but a clean invention of the church.

And do you read matt 10:5-6? Where are the lost Israelites....in the wilderness.

The Israelites are sheep lost in the wilderness where other animals are but do shepherd take the goat or chicken or lion with his flock? Nope.

If you got brain, apply the analogy to the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1508769/christians-god-idol-hills this is another thread open on the topic above "CHRISTIANITY AND THINGS THAT AREN'T REALLY KNOWN" read it come back here lets crack the bible right open
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
psalms 89:6 "for who in heaven can be compared to the Lord? who among the sons of God Almighty can be likened to the Lord?" this verse proves that "Lord" here is one of the Sons of El(the Almighty God). and we all know that the "Lord" is Yahweh

judges 9:46 mentions "El Berith aka Baalberith" who is another god in the ancient semitic religions. he was worshipped by Israel after they denied Yahweh/El shaddai judges 8:33-34 judges 9:4

The idol Baalberith, which the Jews worshipped after the death of Gideon, was identical, according to the Rabbis(Jews), with Baal-zebub, "the ba'al(lord) of flies," the god of Ekron (II Kings i. 2). He was worshipped in the shape of a fly; and Jewish tradition states that so addicted were the Jews to his cult that they would carry an image of him in their pockets, producing it, and kissing it from time to time. Baal-zebub is called Baal-berith because such Jews might be said to make a covenant (Hebrew: "Berit" of devotion with the idol, being unwilling to part with it for a single moment (Shab. 83b; comp. also Sanh. 63b). According to another conception, Baal-berith was an obscene article of idolatrous worship, possibly a simulacrum priapi (Yer. Shab. ix. 11d; 'Ab. Zarah iii. 43a). This is evidently based on the later significance of the word "berit," meaning circumcision

If we are to go by the above christianJudaic circumcision is an act in honor of Baalberith.

psalms 82:1 "God stood in the congregation of the Almighty, he judgeth among the Gods"
psalms 82:6 "I have said that you all are gods, and are children of the Most High"

God there is definately the God of Israel(Yahweh) who judges among other Gods
The Almighty/most high is "EL"
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
One wonder if you just post whatever you want to believe in or you follow your opponents post at all, though this has been handled already on this thread you went ahead to post this below, it makes me wonder if the book of mark was also writen befor the Book of Isaiah.

FOLYKAZE:

Lets take the history of the gospel. Mark was written before Matthew; and most account in the gospel of matthew were copied from gospel of mark with little additions.

Matthew 28:19 was copied from Mark 16:12-20 which we both know that the church added that to it. It was not original ancient scripture but a clean invention of the church.

And do you read matt 10:5-6? Where are the lost Israelites....in the wilderness.

The Israelites are sheep lost in the wilderness where other animals are but do shepherd take the goat or chicken or lion with his flock? Nope.

If you got brain, apply the analogy to the scripture.

Try and read the below again, this time read very slowly.

I took it from up of this thread, i posted it to Macof befor:

Peace

One wonders if you red this threads/post really or you just glide through it and post whatever you want.

Have a nice day.

peace

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Truth u are really in lies

So u think Yahweh ever planned for Jesus to be the link for Israel and the gentile

do u even know wat the Jews say about Jesus?

Do u knw who the Jews really worship?

Do u knw wat it takes to be the Messiah of the Jews?

You are just living a life of lies to think that Jesus is anything more than a dead Jewish man

let's even imagine that Jesus is the son of Yahweh.
Yahweh cannot decide who goes to heaven or hell, only El can.

You really don't knw anything
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by MEILYN(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
truthislight: One wonder if you just post whatever you want to believe in or you follow your opponents post at all, though this has been handled already on this thread you went ahead to post this below, it makes me wonder if the book of mark was also writen befor the Book of Isaiah.

One wonders if you red this threads/post really or you just glide through it and post whatever you want.

Have a nice day.

peace
nice points bro.... You have said it all.... Apart from that constantine ish. The rest are Null and Void. Am glad you quoted from the old testament. That settles it.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
truthislight: One wonder if you just post whatever you want to believe in or you follow your opponents post at all, though this has been handled already on this thread you went ahead to post this below, it makes me wonder if the book of mark was also writen befor the Book of Isaiah.

Have a nice day.

peace

Unfortunately for you bro....the Jew were expecting military messiah and not Jesus. Also you guys believe Jesus is the messiah, why are you not picking words from his mouth and you running to paul who do not have any contact with him? Only if you can prove to me that Jesus was the one the prophecy was speaking about. Jesus wasn't a military man. Next try
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by truthislight: 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
On the OT prophesies fulfiling on Jesus to proof he is the messaiah, try some of what i posted on a thread to logic boy below.

The prophesies that fulfiled on Jesus christ from the OT are so many.

FOLYKAZE:

Unfortunately for you bro....the Jew were expecting military messiah and not Jesus. Also you guys believe Jesus is the messiah, why are you not picking words from his mouth and you running to paul who do not have any contact with him? Only if you can prove to me that Jesus was the one the prophecy was speaking about. Jesus wasn't a military man. Next try

see this one:

Now for the forth post (4) on bible prophesy:

This was my initial question to you
truthislight:

are you saying that there are no prophesies that has ever come true even in the bible inclusive?
and this is your answer i supposed.

Logicboy03:

Yes.

the appearance of the messaiah:

"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." (Daniel 9:25).

Note the sign to mark the appearance of the mesaiah :

"from the "going forth of the commandment" to restore and to build Jerusalem until the Messiah"
(going forth of the commandment)

and when was this words given to rebuild Jerusalem ?

"And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence." (Nehemiah 2:1).

"And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers’ sepulchres, that I may build it. And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time." (Nehemiah 2:5-6).

"Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah;"
"And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me." (Nehemiah 7:8.)

^^^ now we know when the words were given by the letter authorising the rebuilding of Jeruselam :

the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, (Nehemiah 2:1).

So, From secular sources history also shows that the first year of king Artaxerxes as ruler was 474BCE and as such the twentieth year of his rule that the word went forth was = 455BCE, we have the date for the going forth of the word and the starting point for the appearance of the messaiah

so, the duration will be a day = 1year as in yearly sabbath (Exodus 23:11). :

seven weeks(7*7= 49years) and threescore(3*20 = 60weeks *7 = 420 years) and two weeks(7*2 = 14).
(Daniel 9:25)

Total = 49+420+14 = 483years befor the Messiah will appear.

And the starting point we hard was the 20th year OF the king Artaxerxes = 455BCE

so, 455 - 483 =29CE the year that Jesus was anointed as the masaiah(baptise)
^^^ perfect prophesy (note, no zero years in date)

again, masaiah's death :

there is a calculation for the cutting off of the messaiah also.

Next is COMING :

https://www.nairaland.com/1098081/arise-sir-logicboy-knight-atheism/2#12903912

there are others on that ^ thread.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by macof(m): 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Jesus is nothing but a false Messiah

And there's more than enough prove
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2013
truthislight: On the OT prophesies fulfiling on Jesus to proof he is the messaiah, try some of what i posted on a thread to logic boy below.

The prophesies that fulfiled on Jesus christ from the OT are so many.

see this one:

Now for the forth post (4) on bible prophesy:

This was my initial question to you
and this is your answer i supposed.

the appearance of the messaiah:

"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." (Daniel 9:25).

Note the sign to mark the appearance of the mesaiah :

"from the "going forth of the commandment" to restore and to build Jerusalem until the Messiah"
(going forth of the commandment)

and when was this words given to rebuild Jerusalem ?

"And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence." (Nehemiah 2:1).

"And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers’ sepulchres, that I may build it. And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time." (Nehemiah 2:5-6).

"Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah;"
"And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me." (Nehemiah 7:8.)

^^^ now we know when the words were given by the letter authorising the rebuilding of Jeruselam :

the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, (Nehemiah 2:1).

So, From secular sources history also shows that the first year of king Artaxerxes as ruler was 474BCE and as such the twentieth year of his rule that the word went forth was = 455BCE, we have the date for the going forth of the word and the starting point for the appearance of the messaiah

so, the duration will be a day = 1year as in yearly sabbath (Exodus 23:11). :

seven weeks(7*7= 49years) and threescore(3*20 = 60weeks *7 = 420 years) and two weeks(7*2 = 14).
(Daniel 9:25)

Total = 49+420+14 = 483years befor the Messiah will appear.

And the starting point we hard was the 20th year OF the king Artaxerxes = 455BCE

so, 455 - 483 =29CE the year that Jesus was anointed as the masaiah(baptise)
^^^ perfect prophesy (note, no zero years in date)

again, masaiah's death :

there is a calculation for the cutting off of the messaiah also.

Next is COMING :

https://www.nairaland.com/1098081/arise-sir-logicboy-knight-atheism/2#12903912

there are others on that ^ thread.

Peace.

Good work at your exigesis. What you are doing is forcing the bible into your opinion. You know I can use that same quote for the current Israel president? Common I dont fall for this cheap words.

Lets start here.....

- the name of the king prophecised toward the time of messiah is contradictory with the king of Jesus days. Nope?

Was Jesus a prince....of which king?

Give me direct prophecy and not this exigesis.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Christianity is a false tag. Paulianity is the best tag cuz all the doctrines in the church are contradictory to that of Jesus and based on paul teaching.
Please do you have prove to the assertion you made? Has for Christianity and Paulianity it simply show your little understanding of scriptures because it is clearly shown in Acts 11 that it is only after Paul taught the Antioch brethren that their life style reflected Christ's hence they were called Christians, Christ's followers, it is obvious that Paul preached and emphasized what Christ taught, there brethren were called Christians. So I ask to pls show prove for your statement.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Pls stop confusing yourself, if you're ignorant about something ask and it will be properly explained to you. If you're not trying to distort facts, why not quote Mat 28:18-20 NET18 Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” or Acts 1:8-9.
Re: Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known by noblefada: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Now to the main reason why I joined this thread. As much I admire the tenacity and devotion some of you show in studying and contending with xtian beliefs and the amount of materials you read and quote, it however amazes me that after all this show of intelligence and knowledge, you guys missed a simple fact stearing you right in your face, the fact that majority of what happened and was written in the NT were taking from the OT! that Jesus life and ministry were predicted and extensively prophesied in the OT, in fact Jesus just came to live out what was already spoken and written about him.
That brings me to the issue of Paul, Paul never saw and heard Jesus preach, but was able to accurately teach and preach what Jesus preached that may unbelievers called brethren xtian. How was he able to achieve this?? simple he followed the foot steps of Jesus by going back to the OT and speaking mind of God has recorded in the scriptures. Paul quoted massively from the OT in all his epistles. That my friend is the truth. Shalom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kabbalah Anyone? / Nigerian Pastor Combines Christianity And Islam And Creates Brand New Church / Jesus Never Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.