Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? (3267 Views)

If God Knew Satan, Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2013
Jesus said it's wrong, Paul said it too, God also said that he hates divorce. Christians should not do it but some pastors and denomination encourage it and even remarry some of the divorcees.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO: Jesus said it's wrong, Paul said it too, God also said that he hates divorce. Christians should not do it but some pastors and denomination encourage it and even remarry some of the divorcees.

Have you completed reading the whole bible yet?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2013
iamSi:

Have you completed reading the whole bible yet?
yeah yeah.... what's your point?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Remarriage of Divorced Mates. Deuteronomy 24:1-4 also stipulated that the divorced woman “must go out of his house and go and become another man’s,” meaning that she was eligible for remarriage. It was also stated: “If the latter man has come to hate her and has written out a certificate of divorce for her and put it in her hand and dismissed her from his house, or in case the latter man who took her as his wife should die, the first owner of her who dismissed her will not be allowed to take her back again to become his wife after she has been defiled; for that is something detestable before Jehovah, and you must not lead the land that Jehovah ....
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2013
iamSi: Then you should know its never a sin _ you need not to be told
it is. read your bible well. In Malachi, God said He hates divorce, Jesus said do not divorce expect for fornication (between two unmarried people read the story of Joseph and Mary), Paul said don't do it.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO:
it is. read your bible well. In Malachi, God said He hates divorce, Jesus said do not divorce expect for fornication (between two unmarried people read the story of Joseph and Mary), Paul said don't do it.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 _ Please read that aloud and let me know what you think
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 9:35am On Nov 05, 2013
iamSi:

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 _ Please read that aloud and let me know what you think
you seem like a Jew to me. Don't you know you have to back up whatever doctrine of the old testament with the new. Jesus said Moses said that because of the hardness of the hearts of the people. GOD HATES DIVORCE.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=vickyO]
you seem like a Jew to me. Don't you know you have to back up whatever doctrine of the old testament with the new. Jesus said Moses said that because of the hardness of the hearts of the people. GOD HATES DIVORCE. [/quote

Can U give scriptural support for yours? Cos I remembered you don't have any_ you are just saying what's not grounded]
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=vickyO]
you seem like a Jew to me. Don't you know you have to back up whatever doctrine of the old testament with the new. Jesus said Moses said that because of the hardness of the hearts of the people. GOD HATES DIVORCE. [/quote
]

Can U give scriptural support for yours? Cos I remembered you don't have any_ you are just saying what's not grounded
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by ayobase(m): 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=iamSi][/quote]

Which do u prefer?
Moses' version or Jesus' version?

I thought Jesus abolished some doctrines in the Old Testament.

That is one of the reasons I keep telling people that the Period of Grace is far terrible than the era of Law!
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by iamSi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Vicky where are you?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO: Jesus said it's wrong, Paul said it too, God also said that he hates divorce. Christians should not do it but some pastors and denomination encourage it and even remarry some of the divorcees.

Habah! oga where did you read that no one should divorce or marry a divorcee? quote the scripture let us look at it.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 11:05am On Nov 06, 2013
read the book of mark 10:10-12
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2013
read 1 cor 7
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Alwaystrue(f): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2013
@OP,
May we receive the grace to live according to the will of God. Grace enables us to do what God loves.

In Malachi, God said He hates divorce and convenant breakers in line with what was written at the beginning...Let No Man put asunder what God has joined together.
There is a mystery in the joining of husband and wife. (Ephesians 5:31-32)

Some laws were given by Moses to the Israelites because of the hardness of their hearts. Hard hearts and Christianity do not go together so Jesus gave us the mind of God again on divorce in Mathew 19:5-11. Infact the disciples felt it was too hard a saying and asked if it is worth it to even marry. It takes denying self to follow Jesus.

Christianity requires real saving and enabling grace and continualy need for the Saviour, Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by LebanonCedars: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dear Jmans05 and iamsi,

The commandment of God is clear on marriage and it is one man, one wife for life! Anything besides that is man made! This is the reason why our Lord Jesus came to set things in other. Notwithstanding, a canal and unregenerate person cannot and will not be able to understand the thing of the Spirit because they are foolishness to him. For you to be able to obey the law of God as human, you must be born of the Spirit: this is what the scriptures refer to as being-born again 1 Peter 1:23. It is only then you receive grace to be faithful and ever loving to your spouse among other things.

You might not be able to search the scriptures others gave above, I will therefore quote them out for you: "because The Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth against whom thou hast dealt treachously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. For The Lord, the God of Isreal, saith that He hateth putting away" Malachi 2:14,16

"And the Pharisees came to Him and asked Him, is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? Tempting Him. And He answered and said unto them, what did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered (allowed) to write a bill of divorcement and to put her away. And Jesus answered and said unto them, for the HARDNESS OF YOUR HEART he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation God made then male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and they twain shall be one flesh... What therefore God hath joined together let NOT MAN PUT ASUNDER." Mark 10:2-9

"And to the married I command, yet not I but The Lord, let not the wife depart from her husband:but and if she depart, LET HER REMAIN UNMARRIED OR BE RECONCILED to her husband: and let not the husband PUT AWAY his wife." 1 Cor 7:10,11
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Alwaystrue: @OP,
May we receive the grace to live according to the will of God. Grace enables us to do what God loves.

In Malachi, God said He hates divorce and convenant breakers in line with what was written at the beginning...Let No Man put asunder what God has joined together.

Some laws were given by Moses to the Israelites because of the hardness of their hearts. Hard hearts and Christianity do not go together so Jesus gave us the mind of God again on divorce in Mathew 19:5-11. Infact the disciples felt it was too hard a saying and asked if it is worth it to even marry. It takes denying self to follow Jesus.

Christianity requires real saving and enabling grace and continualy need for the Saviour, Jesus Christ.
LebanonCedars: Dear Jmans05 and iamsi,

The commandment of God is clear on marriage and it is one man, one wife for life! Anything besides that is man made! This is the reason why our Lord Jesus came to set things in other. Notwithstanding, a canal and unregenerate person cannot and will not be able to understand the thing of the Spirit because they are foolishness to him. For you to be able to obey the law of God as human, you must be born of the Spirit: this is what the scriptures refer to as being-born again[b] 1 Peter 1:23. [/b]It is only then you receive grace to be faithful and ever loving to your spouse among other things.

You might not be able to search the scriptures others gave above, I will therefore quote them out for you: "because The Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth against whom thou hast dealt treachously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. For The Lord, the God of Isreal, saith that He hateth putting away" Malachi 2:14,16

"And the Pharisees came to Him and asked Him, is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? Tempting Him. And He answered and said unto them, what did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered (allowed) to write a bill of divorcement and to put her away. And Jesus answered and said unto them, for the HARDNESS OF YOUR HEART he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation God made then male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and they twain shall be one flesh... What therefore God hath joined together let NOT MAN PUT ASUNDER." Mark 10:2-9

[/b[b]]"And to the married I command, yet not I but The Lord, let not the wife depart from her husband:but and if she depart, LET HER REMAIN UNMARRIED OR BE RECONCILED to her husband: and let not the husband PUT AWAY his wife." 1 Cor 7:10,11
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Alwaystrue: @OP,

The commandment of God is clear on marriage and it is one man, one wife for life! Anything besides that is man made! This is the reason why our Lord Jesus came to set things in other. Notwithstanding, a canal and unregenerate person cannot and will not be able to understand the thing of the Spirit because they are foolishness to him. For you to be able to obey the law of God as human, you must be born of the Spirit: this is what the scriptures refer to as being-born again 1 Peter 1:23. It is only then you receive grace to be faithful and ever loving to your spouse among other things.

"And to the married I command, yet not I but The Lord, let not the wife depart from her husband:but and if she depart, LET HER REMAIN UNMARRIED OR BE RECONCILED to her husband: and let not the husband PUT AWAY his wife." 1 Cor 7:10,11
Thank you guys for your posts. Beautiful exposition
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 07, 2013
vickyO: read the book of mark 10:10-12

Mark 10:10-12 KJV
And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter . [11] And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. [12] And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

I ADD:

Matthew 19:9 KJV
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 KJV
Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. [2] Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. [3] Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. [4] The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. [5] Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. [6] But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. [7] For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. [8] I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. [9] But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. [10] And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: [11] But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. [12] But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. [13] And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. [14] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. [15] But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases : but God hath called us to peace. [16] For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife? [17] But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. [18] Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. [20] Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. [21] Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. [22] For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant. [23] Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. [24] Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God. [25] Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful. [26] I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say , that it is good for a man so to be. [27] Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. [28] But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you. [29] But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; [30] And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; [31] And they that use this world, as not abusing it : for the fashion of this world passeth away. [32] But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: [33] But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. [34] There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. [35] And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. [36] But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. [37] Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. [38] So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better. [39] The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord. [40] But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.

SO WHAT IS UR POINT?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 07, 2013

Your limited understanding indicates that you dont understand the things of the spirit. As such I doubt the spirit with which you were baptised. we have many spirits.

Lets us see Matthew's account.

Matthew 19:9 KJV
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

What do you understand from the above?

Your lack of bible knowledge have manifested here too. the greek word translated "put away" here is different from the one Jesus used at Mark 10:11 as "divorce".

They are not the same. Paul is here saying that you can separate with your partner, but when you do, you are not entitled to marry another person. SEPARATION is different from DIVORCE. Separation can come in when your husband behaves in a way that you cannot bear (assuming that the bad habit is not fornication), you can separate, but he is still your husband, as such you wont marry another person. But if it on the ground of fornication, Jesus gave a go ahead order to divorce. of course this will be if you wish to. Matt. 19:9.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by LebanonCedars: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dear JMAN05,

Do you mean to say that the spirit that leave inside of you allows divorce and not peace? In your spirit, there is no "follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God"? You mean the spirit that lives in you does not allow forgiveness even when your spouse has offended you 70 x 7 times?

Now if the "put away" of My Lord Jesus is different from that of Paul, is the latter part of Matt 19:9 you quoted not clear enough? "and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery"

1 Cor 7:15b says " but God hath called us unto peace". Verse 39 says: a spouse is bound to his/her partner until dearth do them part.

Dearest, let us stop looking for excuse in the scriptures to gratify our flesh. A canal mind cannot please God. Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh! I have no reason whatsoever to leave my wife for another woman since Jesus, The Life came into my life. Maybe I would have done that if my SAVIOUR had not come into my life when He did because I was always running into the arms of strange women whenever the flesh required it (happened almost everyday). But thanks be to The Lord for delivering me out of the "body of sin". He can do same for you if you will allow Him into your heart, He is at the door. Do it and do it NOW!
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
JMAN05, fornication is having sex before the real marriage ceremony takes place. read the story of Joseph and Mary. they were betrothed and ready to get married when Mary got pregnant, Joseph assumed she cheated and so decided to divorce her before the wedding but God intervened. That's the only ground one can stand on to divorce but when the rites have been thrown, blessings given, and the two couples joined in holy matrimony, you cannot divorce. it's TILL DEATH DO US PART.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 08, 2013
LebanonCedars: Dear JMAN05,

Do you mean to say that the spirit that leave inside of you allows divorce and not peace? In your spirit, there is no "follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God"? You mean the spirit that lives in you does not allow forgiveness even when your spouse has offended you 70 x 7 times?

Now if the "put away" of My Lord Jesus is different from that of Paul, is the latter part of Matt 19:9 you quoted not clear enough? "and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery"

You are correct my dear. blame me for trusting this translation called KJV.

That last phrase you quoted at matt. 19:9 is not found in the original manuscript of the bible. It was kjv translators that inserted them. search it.

I quote other newer translation

Matthew 19:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 And I say to you: whoever divorces
his wife, except for sexual immorality,
and marries another, commits
adultery.”

1 Cor 7:15b says " but God hath called us unto peace". Verse 39 says: a spouse is bound to his/her partner until dearth do them part.

Dearest, let us stop looking for excuse in the scriptures to gratify our flesh. A canal mind cannot please God. Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh! I have no reason whatsoever to leave my wife for another woman since Jesus, The Life came into my life. Maybe I would have done that if my SAVIOUR had not come into my life when He did because I was always running into the arms of strange women whenever the flesh required it (happened almost everyday). But thanks be to The Lord for delivering me out of the "body of sin". He can do same for you if you will allow Him into your heart, He is at the door. Do it and do it NOW!

And you are the one with a carnal mind, if not you should have used the spirit to know an insertion.

Jesus gave authority to divorce on the ground of fornication. dont fix what your head tell you in God's word. be liberated.

Separation and dicorce are different just like I have said.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 08, 2013
vickyO: JMAN05, fornication is having sex before the real marriage ceremony takes place. read the story of Joseph and Mary. they were betrothed and ready to get married when Mary got pregnant, Joseph assumed she cheated and so decided to divorce her before the wedding but God intervened. That's the only ground one can stand on to divorce but when the rites have been thrown, blessings given, and the two couples joined in holy matrimony, you cannot divorce. it's TILL DEATH DO US PART.

Go and make research about the greek word for fornication. when you do, you wont disturb yourself on what fornication in the bible means.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by LebanonCedars: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN,

It seems you did not see this from your ESV. Translation: "and marries another, commit adultery".

You mean you can go to this length to twist the scriptures to fulfill your fleshly lust? Anyway, I am not one giving to argument, if you like you can marry as many women as you like and divorce them as many times as you like; it will never change the standard of God. Neither will it prevent those whom The Lord has delivered from the power of the flesh from living for the glory of God and sanctity of marriage as ordained from the beginning.

Remember though, Jesus loves you and He died that you might be delivered from the power of sin. Allow Him into your heart today and you will be surprised what power He can give you over the flesh and its lust. Shalom!
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
LebanonCedars: JMAN,

It seems you did not see this from your ESV. Translation: "and marries another, commit adultery".

You mean you can go to this length to twist the scriptures to fulfill your fleshly lust? Anyway, I am not one giving to argument, if you like you can marry as many women as you like and divorce them as many times as you like; it will never change the standard of God. Neither will it prevent those whom The Lord has delivered from the power of the flesh from living for the glory of God and sanctity of marriage as ordained from the beginning.

Remember though, Jesus loves you and He died that you might be delivered from the power of sin. Allow Him into your heart today and you will be surprised what power He can give you over the flesh and its lust. Shalom!

The ESV is clear na, pls I employ you to reread that verse. or could it be i dont understand your point?

Let me break it down in simpler way for you;

- If anyman divorses his wife except on the ground of immorality. in otherwords, you can divorse your wife if she commits immorality. Did you get it?

- and marries another, commits adultery. in otherwords, if you divorse your wife on any other reason (except the one of immorality), commits adultery.

So you do not have any other authority to divorse your wife except IF she commits lmmorality.

Did you understand?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
Paul also said marriage between believers shouldn't lead to divorce and if it does, the two partners must remain unmarried. two shall become one, what God has joined let no one put asunder. Jesus said the above, why can't you accept it?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
vickyO: Paul also said marriage between believers shouldn't lead to divorce and if it does, the two partners must remain unmarried. two shall become one, what God has joined let no one put asunder. Jesus said the above, why can't you accept it?

God doesnt like divorcing. that is true and I have never said God liked it, but I am saying that God approves divorce ONLY on the ground of fornication just like i ve said above.

I want to be sure you get my position here. separation is another thing.

Paul yes advised believers to stay with their mate, but this is if the believing mate agrees to live with him. 1cor, 7:12 this is about separation o, not dicorce.

But if the unbeliever on the other hand choses to separate, let him do so. but the believer will not remarry cos it is a separation not divorce.

Udo!
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Boomark(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
vickyO: JMAN05, fornication is having sex before the real marriage ceremony takes place. read the story of Joseph and Mary. they were betrothed and ready to get married when Mary got pregnant, Joseph assumed she cheated and so decided to divorce her before the wedding but God intervened. That's the only ground one can stand on to divorce but when the rites have been thrown, blessings given, and the two couples joined in holy matrimony, you cannot divorce. it's TILL DEATH DO US PART.

Where did you get the bolded from? [s]The certificate is waiting for you jor, do quick and come home.[/s]

Are you saying that Mt 19:5-9 was referring to someone's girlfriend instead of a WIFE?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
Boomark:

Where did you get the bolded from? [s]The certificate is waiting for you jor, do quick and come home.[/s]

Are you saying that Mt 19:5-9 was referring to someone's girlfriend instead of a WIFE?
More like, a wife to be.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
JMAN05:

God doesnt like divorcing. that is true and I have never said God liked it, but I am saying that God approves divorce ONLY on the ground of fornication just like i ve said above.

I want to be sure you get my position here. separation is another thing.

Paul yes advised believers to stay with their mate, but this is if the believing mate agrees to live with him. 1cor, 7:12 this is about separation o, not dicorce.

But if the unbeliever on the other hand choses to separate, let him do so. but the believer will not remarry cos it is a separation not divorce.

Udo!
Nope, you're twisting it. Believers are not to divorce but are free to separate. but if a believer marries an unbeliever, they can divorce if the unbeliever choose to go.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 12, 2013
vickyO:
Nope, you're twisting it. Believers are not to divorce but are free to separate. but if a believer marries an unbeliever, they can divorce if the unbeliever choose to go.

Give me a place where the bible authorise divorce for unbelievers without fornication

pls dont show me separation cos they are different greek words.

explain Matt. 19:9 using that last translation i used above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is / Did Google Map Saw God:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.