Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

My Book Of Rants! - Literature (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Rants! (78376 Views)

Collection Of My Rants / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / My Book Of Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 10:24am On Dec 09, 2011
firestar my age isn't what it used to be and my eye sight surely isn't

please dont make me go and request to be committed . . . . . . again

increase your font size dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

vesc_____ not making sense as usual, see you are ok
Re: My Book Of Rants! by swiftkare: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2011

(Not That You Asked) Rants, Exploits and Obsessions is a forthcoming collection of essays by the New York Times bestselling author Steve Almond. The collection's entries divulge the author's thoughts on such topics as his sexual failures, fatherhood and Kurt Vonnegut. The book was published September 11, 2007.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by vescucci(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
I guess we didn't ask wink
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2011
we would soon be compiling ours if i can get our errant posters to make an appearance
Re: My Book Of Rants! by sino(m): 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ooops! Sorry i think i made the wrong turn lol

Ari! So you eventually tied the sacred knot of nuptial entrapment, you did not invite me?! Im pissd at you, now consider yourself shuned.

@v. Rumour going arround town says you blow things up these days, if you can be nice enough, will be needing few dynamites to kaboom some strategic locations in the central, those guys up there are really piss'n me off.

@eja d, hmmm, sounds nice to my hears, do u like d nick? cool

@iice do you do rant?
ok me is just fooling arround, i think i miss this thread and some peeps even if dem no miss me undecided
Re: My Book Of Rants! by firestar(f): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
Hey Ariblaze, I'm fine if that's your way of asking of my well being old man. grin
Now. smiley
I'm all smiles because I've attended the most unique wedding ever! cheesy grin cheesy
Lovely!
. . .
(Flicks a errant bug off the screen)
Nigh-nigh, I feel charming tonight, hmm.
Don't wake up late! tongue
Re: My Book Of Rants! by ariblaze(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
hello
Re: My Book Of Rants! by firestar(f): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ibi lo ma ku si!
Ibi lo ma ku si,
Ibi lo ma ku si.
', '
'Ib-'
GBENU E SOUN!

Stupidstupidstuuuuuu-~(Curse)

Re: My Book Of Rants! by favouredjb(f): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2012
what should i rant about
the fact that i need money asap!
or the fact that ppl re driving me crazy at home
or the fact that due to ASUU m kinda stuck with my programme
or the fact that i now have a double workload in the office
no increment in salary?

deep sigh
Re: My Book Of Rants! by adebayo201: 8:49am On Feb 13, 2012
favouredjb:

what should i rant about
the fact that i need money asap!
or the fact that ppl re driving me crazy at home
or the fact that due to ASUU m kinda stuck with my programme
or the fact that i now have a double workload in the office
no increment in salary?

deep sigh
kiss undecided
Re: My Book Of Rants! by favouredjb(f): 8:55am On Feb 13, 2012
wetin?lol
some of these issues v bin sorted tho tongue
Re: My Book Of Rants! by adebayo201: 9:51am On Feb 13, 2012
So u knw ao d stuff dy go! cheesy

undecidedhow tomorrow go be? cry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 6:53am On Aug 08, 2012
I had to search to find this thread shocked
Here goes:

I was in such a hurry to leave. I thought, yeah, there's greener pastures yonder. Bye bye malaria, bye bye power outages, bye bye incessant heat and all the many things that frustrates Nigerians. And so I fled. Now everyday, I dream of home. Of the beloved sun we take for granted. Of having rain fall without having to wear 4 pairs of clothes. Of having the luxury to eat dodo or fresh ugu sauce whenever I want. Of seeing my family and enjoying time to rest, idle, play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the experience but the dreams won't leave me alone. I dream of Nigeria and it's so vivid, I laugh with joy. Only to wake up and face reality. My heart beats for my home. I even miss okada riders sad No matter how green this place is, Nigeria remains my home and I miss it...not the mosquitoes though grin

Hello everyone, old and new folks. I'm back with enough twisted thoughts to vent....brewing angry
Re: My Book Of Rants! by vescucci(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2012
Awww, so long. Am I permitted to say awww on here. I guess I can be permitted this one F-up. 'Sides, if you don't like it, rant your tail off.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Ejadamen(f): 6:02am On Sep 28, 2012
Hi Vesc. Where's ariblaze?
Re: My Book Of Rants! by vescucci(m): 8:39am On Sep 28, 2012
^^^ Hi Ejadamen. Blaze is lost in space. Or at his grandmother's house in heaven. Or dry humping Thatcher. Or smoking and drinking with the fishes.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by franklexo: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
ariblaze: ok maybe i need to set an example

lets see hmm:::::::::a little street fury

i slam my fist into his face

and hear the nose crunch, a satisfied feelling filled me

with him doubled over spitting out blood

my grip settled within his dreadlocked hair as if assuming a life of its own rammed his face into the side glass of the BMW parked in the almost empty parking lot, sound of glass shattering resonates through my being

splinters of glass glitters all around me,laced with drops of blood ,his blood

i carefully use my timberland , blue laced boots to gather broken glasses together and amidst his groans of pain ,i seize his dreadlocks yet again and ever so gently mould it with slow twisting movement in circles into the shining glass

get up bitch!

yeah pure Exhilaration , turn is mashed face towards me , his right eye seems to secrete fluid ,his eyeballs, but who cares , clench my fist and smash it again into the bloodied mess

ouch! a one of the glass splinters in his face cuts and embedds itself in my finger

blood, oooo blood moooooooommy

am in trouble my blood doesnt clot!

ok i hope this doesnt sound too violent

if it does blame it on the mafia movies

and documentries of prisoners shanking each other

Re: My Book Of Rants! by franklexo: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=franklexo][/quote] AM JUST NEW HERE TRYING TO MAKE AMEND IN THE FIELD OF WRITING kiss cheesy
Re: My Book Of Rants! by HotChoc11(f): 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hiiiiiiiiiiii grin,

Where's Everyone. embarassed
Jeez! I miss this place
Not been here in years..
I came to search for a 'rant' of mine (pasted in 2009)..needed to paste it on my blog
I eventually went thru some past rants
Where's everyone..? K9, Ariblaze...blue spice, sisi..?
I miss everyone.
Anyways..I changed my Nairaland account/name, used to be something else
So you can call me 'Hotchoc' now.
Will come here morw often.
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
PART 1
I looked both ways, that's how it has always been for me since my kinder-garten teacher opened her mouth that fateful day

"Always look both ways before crossing the road..." she said...

My train of thoughts wasn't even concluded when all of a sudden from the mechanic shop down the road......
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
PART 2
Blackout.....
I tried to gather my mass of jumbled thoughts. Yes!, I remember now-

"Thank God, e don wake up" I looked up after the voice, at the face of the man, the man behind the wheels of the car that hit me...

In a split second, I registered every detail; the bruise on my leg, the slight throb on my fore-head, the gathered crowd looking down on me but most of all my eyes were glued unto Lekan...
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
PART 3
it was all coming back to me as i stared at Lekan, Yes!, I remember seeing Lekan behind the wheels as the Honda accord came speeding down from the mechanic shed, seconds after I had just looked both ways...

People were already noticing and most of them followed my stare, I watched as his sympathetic smile faded into a frown, then bewilderment

"Oga na u drive the motor?" asked a voice from the crowd

I didn't bother to look at who spoke, I was too preoccupied, I kept my sense locked on Lekan, I waited for him to answer the question, to affirm the decision slowly forming in my mind

"Na mistake" I twerked my ears, making sure it came from where I thought it came from
My eyes saw his mouth move, that was all the confirmation I needed as I made to get up
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
PART 4
I had only 2 things in mind and my life was not even one of them

Adrenaline pumped into my system, I knew I was weak, I knew was not going to stand a chance but I had rage by my side

My senses were heighthened, I could feel more than see the crowd make way as I staggered towards Lekan.

The first punch was epic....
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Oscarwise1: 11:13am On Jan 19, 2015
Is me Oscarwise1 ontop call me the it is
Re: My Book Of Rants! by benega: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
following
Re: My Book Of Rants! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
benega:
following
Wow! Thanks for bumping this thread.

Hmmm....reminiscing. Good ol days. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Without Promises... / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Fighting Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.