Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. (638860 Views)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by buoye1(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
IKUNBOMORINOMO OFURA::::Death walks with the son but he wasn't careful.
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nate7even: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
lirusehn: is oreOluwa God'sfwend tot itz God'soffering?
The thing is 'ore' has different meanings eg friend, gift, offering, favour...but of cause it depends on the ami on the word. Ore could even mean cane grin
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Howmanage: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

EXACTLY MY POINT!

THE OP IS BIASED!

ANY NAMES WHICH HAVE TO DO WITH YORUBA RELIGION WAS LEFT OUT! AND THOSE NAMES ARE VERY COMMON ONES!

STOP BEHAVING OTHERWISE TPIA! WE KNOW YOU ARE A XTIAN AGENT WHO LIKE TO KISS OYINBO NYASH!

I mean, whats the point of all this emancipation of names when you cant change your mentality.

I do not respect people like this OP. ALL double standard , 2-faced agents.

first chnge your mentality. then talk big things. angry

Make YOUR own list...!
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Idowuogbo(f): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
buoye1: IKUNBOMORINOMO OFURA::::Death walks with the son but he wasn't careful.
Dis wan name? O ga gan o!

Na una type dey name pikin Abiku.
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Emmyk(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
You gatta be kidding. List not complete without my middle name - Kolawole. smiley
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lirusehn(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Sales gal, no b lieee! grin
for ur mind o
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you are not his mouthpiece.

useless slave go kiss your white gods a$$.

Shurrup
atleast My God is better than Ur Stone gods..
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Idowuogbo(f): 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
lirusehn: for ur mind o
Shes cute! Stop hating
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lirusehn(m): 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nate7even: The thing is 'ore' has different meanings eg friend, gift, offering, favour...but of cause it depends on the ami on the word. Ore could even mean cane grin
[/quote] aww!! Neva knew.
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
lirusehn: cant say YES nor NO. U said u proud 2 b one buh serious ave neva claimed 2 b one despite d fact dam am one.

I Am Ibo..
A True Blooded Nigerian..
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
na wahoo.
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Tinkybabe(f): 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
dimples*:
I asked som1 to give me a yoruba name, he said itunu!

I know it means somtyn about peace! But it sounds like a curse word to me.

E.g look at this girl, itunu like you embarassed

Pls I need a sweeter name,ejo

OMG!you're so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy..Itunuoluwa-(peace of God) is actually a beautiful name.
I guess you confused it with oponu,which is an insult
by the way,oponu means daft. cheesy
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lirusehn(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Shes cute! Stop hating
cant stop laffin. And d *sales gal* 2 acknowledge her beauty ryt?
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lirusehn(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I Am Ibo..
A True Blooded Nigerian..
IBO? U kinda related 2 yor'ba?
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Tbken: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Victosin09: @OP, ku ise. Nice
any man or woman,boy or girl who bears igbo name and an igbo knws d meaning...he/she dnt nid 2 be told....the child undstnds his/her name as soon as he is able to hear and speak...dat shud be lyk 4rm 3yrs of age up......last bullet 90 percent igbo name starts with chi or chukwu or ends with that
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by fairygeh(f): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Who release dis one? Ogunwerey, she o gba ogun e pe? undecided
O ma da fun e ID kiss
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Tbken: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Proud Yoruba boy ! I'm sure igbo people will bring out a similar thread soon.
my post was mearnt for you and nt @victorsan
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by deols(f): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
My oriki dey vex me angry

Y nahhh??

What is it?
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Anuoluwap(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
Tinkybabe:

OMG!you're so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy..Itunuoluwa-(peace of God) is actually a beautiful name.
I guess you confused it with oponu,which is an insult
by the way,oponu means daft. cheesy
you're WRONG!!! Peace means Alafia Itunuoluwa means God's comfort
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
quivah:
yeah bro, right!
Ojo comes with the umblical cord around his neck..while Aina,around her neck..
The one with the sac is oke.. thanks for the correction

It's nothing.. No one is an island. Welcome Sis!
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
femi4: Peter means rock: Upon this "Rock" will I built my church
Peter name was later change by the lord to rock. initially Peter as translated means Reed(something easily shaken or unstable )
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Tbken: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Tbken: any man or woman,boy or girl who bears igbo name and an igbo knws d meaning...he/she dnt nid 2 be told....the child undstnds his/her name as soon as he is able to hear and speak...dat shud be lyk 4rm 3yrs of age up......last bullet 90 percent igbo name starts with chi or chukwu or ends with that
plz diz post is strictly for secret_dreams and nt 4 victorsino itz a mistake
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yejide grin smiley
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by elobyobi: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
god_of_music: Tiwatope means "Break and open" in Igbo grin grin grin

#TeamGOM

*dies*

Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by modupeaderonke(f): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
lirusehn: God d blessed i no get GF. Buh u no still fine reach ma mum. I swear down
talk ur mind now oooo,b4 is 2late,I know u lyk gud tins but sorry I no fit date u.
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by elobyobi: 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Tbken: any man or woman,boy or girl who bears igbo name and an igbo knws d meaning...he/she dnt nid 2 be told....the child undstnds his/her name as soon as he is able to hear and speak...dat shud be lyk 4rm 3yrs of age up......last bullet 90 percent igbo name starts with chi or chukwu or ends with that

Wrong
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Obasanjo means the reigning king and he sure reign twice in Nigeria history. is true your name reflect who you re?
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by ikekings1: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
When I clicked on this thread, I immediately scrolled to check the meaning of 'idowuogbo'.. Have always wondered what that name means.. Too bad I only saw 'idowu' .. What of 'ogbo'?
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lepasharon(f): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
What does AGBABIAKA mean ?..that has to one of the ugliest yoruba names about
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by lepasharon(f): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
Iwemide- my papers have come tongue
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Tbken: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
elobyobi:

Wrong
hw plz...
Re: Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. by Isiterere(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
nice 1 op, I still don't know d meaning of this name ELEGBEDE

ALL IZZ WELL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)