Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. (38763 Views)

Banks To Stop Using Their Platforms For TSA As They Issue Threats / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by notinmege: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: The Central Bank of
Nigeria and the Bankers
Committee on Tuesday
sealed a biometric
solution pact with a
German Firm,
Dermalog, for the
development of a
payment system that
would be driven by
fingerprints.
The move, according
to the Governor, CBN,
Mr. Lamido Sanusi, will
help to revolutionise
the country’s payment
system.
For instance, unlike the
current practice where
different instruments
are used as means of
identification, bank
customers will from
2014 be identified
through their
fingerprints.
Sanusi, while speaking
at the signing of the
agreement, which was
held at the central
bank’s headquarters in
Abuja, noted that the
system would become
operational on
February 14, 2014.
The move followed the
recommendation of a
sub-committee chaired
by the Group
Managing Director,
Zenith Bank Plc, Mr.
Godwin Emefiele.
The committee, made
up of the Group
Managing Directors of
Access Bank Plc, First
Bank of Nigeria
Limited, United Bank
for Africa Plc, Union
Bank of Nigeria Plc and
Skye Bank Plc, had
shortlisted Dermalog as
the company to
develop a database for
the banking sector.
Emefiele said, “The
company that was
awarded the contract
has been given a very
ambitious deadline,
and before the contract
was awarded, it agreed
that it would deliver in
90 days.
“The first phase of the
project will connect
the central data to the
banks as well as the
central bank and the
Nigeria Interbank
Settlement System. We
believe that the
company will do so,
and by February 14,
2014, we are all very
optimistic and looking
forward for a gift from
the banking industry.
“The cost of the project
is above $50m and the
banks, in their wisdom
and in line with their
collaborative efforts,
are going to be sharing
the cost of the project,
and no customer is
going to be charged
for this project.”
Explaining the reason
for the project, Sanusi
said it would help to
provide a single
biometric database that
would serve the
purpose of
authentication as well
as address the issues of
money laundering,
fraud, credit extension
and financial inclusion.
He said, “The vision is
that this will go beyond
the banks and it is a
very tight deadline that
I have set for the
committee and the
committee has
discussed with
Dermalog; and in three
months, we can
officially say that every
single Nigerian bank is
connected to the
system; and hopefully
in the coming months,
we will expect every
customer of every
branch of every bank
in Nigeria to have
complied to this, but it
goes beyond the
banking system.
“We have about a
thousand microfinance
banks; we have
customers of pension
fund administrators; we
have customers of
insurance companies;
we have people who
deal with the stock
market, and the vision
for this is that everyone
that deals with the
financial system should
have his biometric data
captured, and this will
be used for
identification,
verification and
authentication.”
Sanusi said the project
would not have any
negative impact on the
national identity card
project, adding that the
biometric database of
the banking sector
would help to
complement the
Federal Government’s
identity management
project.
He said, “For a long
time, we have been
waiting for the national
identity card system
and progress is being
made, and I will like to
use this opportunity to
let everybody
understand that the
banking industry
project is not in any
way incompatible with
the national identity
process.”
source http://
www.punchng.com/
news/banks-to-identify-
customers-by-
fingerprints-next-year/

Sanusi is leading this Country to END-TIME oooo.
God will surely visit him soon if he doesn't repent!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by smart134: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tolexander: This is going to be a disaster o.
Amputee go plenty cos instead of stealing the ATM, na hand dem go chop to go use the finger to withdraw!

That means i will need to give someone my thumb to help me to withdraw!
even if they have ur thumb...they dnt have the password
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by herbscure02(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
African Christianity with their ideology palavar, you people have been shouting ENDTIME b4 computer was introduced till now nothing like ENDTIME again, now another technology will be introduced for identification, you people now shouting ENDTIME, have u ever seen any WHITE MAN who brought christianity to AFRICAN shouting END TIME when any technologies was introduced to them. Very Soon now your leader will be the first people who will accept the system.

If you believe that it is END TIME THING, why you still be living on EARTH, why not commit suicide and go meet your LORD for BETTERMENT of the Heaven and leave us in this world to continue using our technologies
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by eripecs(f): 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
This is nothing less than the fulfilment of the scriptures. The Bible is true and Jesus is the way. While pursuing our daily bread, lets remember that everything will soon come to an end. Enter the ark(Jesus) before flood(judgement) begins. Remember the days of Noah. Our varied beliefs cannot change God's divine program. REPENT NOW

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Daffydoc: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: The Central Bank of
Nigeria and the Bankers
Committee on Tuesday
sealed a biometric
solution pact with a
German Firm,
Dermalog, for the
development of a
payment system that
would be driven by
fingerprints.
The move, according
to the Governor, CBN,
Mr. Lamido Sanusi, will
help to revolutionise
the country’s payment
system.
For instance, unlike the
current practice where
different instruments
are used as means of
identification, bank
customers will from
2014 be identified
through their
fingerprints.
Sanusi, while speaking
at the signing of the
agreement, which was
held at the central
bank’s headquarters in
Abuja, noted that the
system would become
operational on
February 14, 2014.
The move followed the
recommendation of a
sub-committee chaired
by the Group
Managing Director,
Zenith Bank Plc, Mr.
Godwin Emefiele.
The committee, made
up of the Group
Managing Directors of
Access Bank Plc, First
Bank of Nigeria
Limited, United Bank
for Africa Plc, Union
Bank of Nigeria Plc and
Skye Bank Plc, had
shortlisted Dermalog as
the company to
develop a database for
the banking sector.
Emefiele said, “The
company that was
awarded the contract
has been given a very
ambitious deadline,
and before the contract
was awarded, it agreed
that it would deliver in
90 days.
“The first phase of the
project will connect
the central data to the
banks as well as the
central bank and the
Nigeria Interbank
Settlement System. We
believe that the
company will do so,
and by February 14,
2014, we are all very
optimistic and looking
forward for a gift from
the banking industry.
“The cost of the project
is above $50m and the
banks, in their wisdom
and in line with their
collaborative efforts,
are going to be sharing
the cost of the project,
and no customer is
going to be charged
for this project.”
Explaining the reason
for the project, Sanusi
said it would help to
provide a single
biometric database that
would serve the
purpose of
authentication as well
as address the issues of
money laundering,
fraud, credit extension
and financial inclusion.
He said, “The vision is
that this will go beyond
the banks and it is a
very tight deadline that
I have set for the
committee and the
committee has
discussed with
Dermalog; and in three
months, we can
officially say that every
single Nigerian bank is
connected to the
system; and hopefully
in the coming months,
we will expect every
customer of every
branch of every bank
in Nigeria to have
complied to this, but it
goes beyond the
banking system.
“We have about a
thousand microfinance
banks; we have
customers of pension
fund administrators; we
have customers of
insurance companies;
we have people who
deal with the stock
market, and the vision
for this is that everyone
that deals with the
financial system should
have his biometric data
captured, and this will
be used for
identification,
verification and
authentication.”
Sanusi said the project
would not have any
negative impact on the
national identity card
project, adding that the
biometric database of
the banking sector
would help to
complement the
Federal Government’s
identity management
project.
He said, “For a long
time, we have been
waiting for the national
identity card system
and progress is being
made, and I will like to
use this opportunity to
let everybody
understand that the
banking industry
project is not in any
way incompatible with
the national identity
process.”
source http://
www.punchng.com/
news/banks-to-identify-
customers-by-
fingerprints-next-year/

The above says it would be used for IDENTIFICATION, VERIFICATION and AUTHENTICATION. It didn't say anything about replacing ATM cards. It's just an extra security measure for ATM and over-the-counter withdrawals. Please do not mislead people OP.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by fittty(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

Its happening before our eyes.
Arr you this Dumbb undecided what has religion got to do with this? And where did it state you wouldn't be allowed to practice your religion. #Retard
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by wjxavier(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
ZeitgeistMovie.com.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
eripecs: This is nothing less than the fulfilment of the scriptures. The Bible is true and Jesus is the way. While pursuing our daily bread, lets remember that everything will soon come to an end. Enter the ark(Jesus) before flood(judgement) begins. Remember the days of Noah. Our varied beliefs cannot change God's divine program. REPENT NOW
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by nairacodedcom(m): 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
I don't think the Biometric registration will replace ATM cards with finger prints. This is just a unified data collection.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Iniotong(m): 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
How safe would my fingers be??
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by tribeofdavid(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=nofij]
Oh!!

How childish can you get? [/quot
childish? i want 2 impress it ur heart that Jesus is set to pick up his pple......repent please
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by hustla(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nigerians and religion
I'm sure if the Europeans didn't come,some people will be worshipping the eclipse

The internet is one of d signs of the Antichrist..why then are you on Here?

Blah blah
Pls stfu!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by hustla(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
herbscure02: African Christianity with their ideology palavar, you people have been shouting ENDTIME b4 computer was introduced till now nothing like ENDTIME again, now another technology will be introduced for identification, you people now shouting ENDTIME, have u ever seen any WHITE MAN who brought christianity to AFRICAN shouting END TIME when any technologies was introduced to them. Very Soon now your leader will be the first people who will accept the system.

If you believe that it is END TIME THING, why you still be living on EARTH, why not commit suicide and go meet your LORD for BETTERMENT of the Heaven and leave us in this world to continue using our technologies

Till we can free religion in this country
We won't move forward I swear
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by vislabraye(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good innovation. However, using it won't stop you from being a christian.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Daffydoc:

The above says it would be used for IDENTIFICATION, VERIFICATION and AUTHENTICATION. It didn't say anything about replacing ATM cards. It's just an extra security measure for ATM and over-the-counter withdrawals. Please do not mislead people OP.

yes! Yes!! Yes!!!....it is not going to replace ATM cards,just one of the plan of the CBN's "know ur customer" agenda
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ezme(m): 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: Just saw it on ait news, Banks in Nigeria to replace atm card with finger print. I don't know if i'm the only one against this development, with the current security pros.Is it not better to loose an atm card to robbers than a finger in every attack?

The ability to hear, read and interpret correctly should be considered an elite skill set. Judging from the number of likes the quoted post got.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by bebechuks: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hmmmm dats true end time things!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Dewze(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Danhumprey: I have the same thought just like you. The mark of the beast or your liberty would be greatly limited.

yes, if u mess with th government or get into their black book, they can shut down your whole life with just a click of a button. That is the coming cashless world for you.

Watch the documentary 'The Rise of The Machines' on CMBC to catch a glimpse.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by sunex: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
that will be the begining of anti-christ in nigeria.I better kip my money in my ous...
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by pickabeau1: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nice one ...

Dont forget that by page 8/11 the insults and e-fights will be brewing

Just start from page 2 .. get the flow then go to beginning to laff

Oghos1: How a typical naira land front page thread progresses.

1st page- hardly any meaningful post. Full off jokes(funnygrin n dryundecided), bullshiis n ignorant remarks etc etc

2nd page- some of d bullshiiz spill over into this n towards d end, sensible people begin to post sense.

3rd page n beyond - all d mofos posting trash would av eloped looking for anoda FP thread 2 comment on d 2st page n common sense largely prevails onwards.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by nagoma(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Iniotong: How safe would my fingers be??

Look after your fingers.

I'm floating a finger security and insurance outfit. Will register with CAC this week.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
This is d tactics of d illuminatti cult to take over the world. Anti-christ tins on point. Get ready for the rapture now.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by BetaThings: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: What happens to aboki whose two hands have been cut off by sharia?how would he withdraw his money?na sanusi lamido people go suffer am,na dem no dey get hand.

Stick to critical issues. You think disabled people don't bank?

1 Like

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Ayibaba1: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
It is a good innovation in a wrong country (jungle). What is the fate of our fingers in the hands of criminals and police? angry
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by sunex: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=notinmege]

Sanusi is leading this Country to END-TIME oooo.
God will surely visit him soon if he doesn't repent![/q

if finger print can replace the normal digit entry on an ATM and as a means of identification in banks well that's cool, I don't see anytin wrong in dat..
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by andyanders: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sanusi and his advisers should understand that not everything they come up can work in our own society.
I could remember during capturing of the finger print during voters registration exercise it was very hard as they keep cleaning the fingers up and down.
Let they increase/improve the security magnets with the current cards.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Omojayejaye(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
kelvin1191: As if the way we are reporting stolen ATM and PIN by robbers is not enough, they want us to start reporting "missing fingers". It will be better to keep the money @ home and give it to the "real owners" when they come knocking than protecting/saving it in a bank then, loose fingers and the money.
Boss na to dey Pocket up and down be dat o...
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nauttyprof(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
What do we say of those with 2-3 bank account? Will it be a thumb for the three account or one finger to each account?

Whichever the case might be, if robbers catch person, omo na die be that....lol
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by solotutu(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
angry
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

it all happening ohhh..but wait how can cbn be so stupid....so they want yahoo boyz to switch business and start stealing ppls finger prints!! and also every1 s finger printa gets recorded for total spying from whoever is capable of hacking n spying. nna dem knw... God no go allow am 4 9ja
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by PrinceNwokeji: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
How prepared are you for the coming of the son of man, christ will soon come for all things regarding to his coming if fulfilling, he that will come will soon come, he will not tarry,pls make the right choice. These are the End Times.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Youngzedd(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2013

You're a confused follower of Christ.

Can you prove this your claims with scriptural background

So for your mind, the current one you're using isn't Anti Christ whatever right

You're flexing Nairaland which you don't know how everything that made it up works and it isn't Anti Christ to you

You need to grow up.

Using coins is the one that isn't Anti Christ abi

You need thy mercy.

The creator have given us knowledge to expand it which the world is doing and you call that Anti Christ.

@Those that don't want to see the end time, it's better una go and commit suicide now there is still time.

Rubbish!!!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by meetgaya: 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Usbeel: Sooo many disadvantages! But d mst is wat if u wan send som1 2 d atm?
u cut ur finger n gv it to him/her. simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize / Can You Tell Your Friend What You Do Online That Gives You Money / Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.