Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38456 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

432 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nosyke(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
You did wonderfully well and the Good Lord will bless you beyond your expectation.

I am sure your mind is very much at ease now unlike the torment you would have gone through if your had 'eaten' the money. 780K might be a big deal but its not equal to the peace of mind you now enjoy knowing that you did the right thing, that you saved somebody from HBP. This world is a very small place, you can never tell where you will meet the owner of the money/bank manager in future.

With this feat, maybe there is still hope in Nigeria.

By the way where are those who said he should flex the money, hope you guys can hug the closest live transformer.

Weldon Op, as you have brought smiles to somebody's face by this act, may smile, joy and laughter never depart you and your household...amen

Mods, I hereby raise the motion that this thread be moved to the front page.

Omg, is this really true? FTC??
This is to sincerely thank mtn for making sure that I had internet access on my nokia 3310, my mum for not sending me on errand , nepa for not bringing light which made me stay awake to achieve this feat and finally my Pastor who told us that this week we would achieve the impossible. Ndewonu

128 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by naijacutee(f): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wow!!! Very rarely do you get an update on a Nairaland advice question. Well done for doing the right thing! There is still hope for Nigeria with citizens who are being the change they want to see. This has restored my faith in humanity, well done!

18 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by yomalex(m): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thanks For Keeping HOPE Alive

8 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Despite all the nasty events there's still good left in humanity.

God is right

Well done!

10 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by azpekuliar: 12:57am On Nov 06, 2013
Congratulations OP. You did very well. A good name is indeed better than Silver & Gold. All of those people who advised you wrongly on the other thread should hang their heads in shame!

22 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by onlyme07(m): 1:25am On Nov 06, 2013
Thumbs up OP..you can't blame those guys who cursed you,that's a sign of poverty on the land. I wonder how long it would take you to exhaust 780k if you ran away with it. Though,big cash to some folks but the token reward and blessing afterwards is the most important thing which you have recieved. God bless you for shutting the guts of the whites who think we are all scammers..

6 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by naijacutee(f): 2:06am On Nov 06, 2013
onlyme07: Thumbs up OP..you can't blame those guys who cursed you,that's a sign of poverty on the land. I wonder how long it would take you to exhaust 780k if you ran away with it. Though,big cash to some folks but the token reward and blessing afterwards is the most important thing which you have recieved. God bless you for shutting the guts of the whites who think we are all scammers..

He should blame them jor. If we continue to turn a blind eye to gross misconduct, we fail to break the cycle, and our children suffer for it. Blame them, and let us stop condoning greed and give ourselves a chance to grow as a nation.

6 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 06, 2013
@op u did marvellously well.God will reward u

3 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Tonjeola1(m): 5:09am On Nov 06, 2013
You did wonderfully well brother, the reward at the tail end will be more than the N800k, now you ve new friends who look at you as a good humanitarial. you are part of their family now, but don't use this opportunity to near the wife ooo...lol
thanks for making people believed that there are still good ones in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Basic(m): 6:14am On Nov 06, 2013
OP, don't be surprised if some of those who advised you to steal the money come on this thread and shower accolades on you. But deep inside them, they're like "this guy na big time MF!"

10 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 6:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks thanks thanks for all those who comment with their words of encouragement.
I really appreciate it

7 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Nov 06, 2013
Do I need to thank you? no be your money naw grin

Infact thank God you reported to the bank on time before any withdrawal... else they'll locate you and charge you for fraud..

Anyway, you do well..

A good name is better than silver & gold.

4 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by OmolodMilkman93(m): 7:28am On Nov 06, 2013
well done bro.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by pythonwizpro(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2013
Notin do you OP.

Keep up the moral values, one day more reward would definitely come your way but don't put hope in that man helping you beyond the 20k gift you already gotten from them. Just keep doing your thing, Que Sera, Sera. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 06, 2013
Nosyke:
Mods, I hereby raise the motion that this thread be moved to the front page.

Pastor Nosyke, undecided undecided.... Make e go FP so you go write FTC abi? tongue e nor go work for you! grin

@ OP, congrats jare! 20k is not bad afterall!! wink wink

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Madawaki01(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2013
Nice 1 op,buh d man too stingy oo,20k out of 800k angry

17 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2013
Madawaki01: Nice 1 op,buh d man too stingy oo,20k out of 800k angry
kinda stingy but I was not expecting any kobo before we DHL did it on phone

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2013
Madawaki01: Nice 1 op,buh d man too stingy oo,20k out of 800k angry
but I was not expecting any kobo before we did everything on phone
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by 360command: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2013
Good of you, its better to remain poor than been a fugitive @ large. You have inspired us all. To those banks who advised you to withdraw the money, it just shows that bankers they suffer for 9ja. Their eye don red.

5 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by simplyOJ(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2013
Good step my brother. I would rather eat 20k extended as a gift with rest of mind than stolen 800k. The book of Proverbs says "Stolen bread is sweet but it will soon turn to Gravel in your month. Well done again Bro wink

9 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2013
abeg abeg you guys should throw the "stingy" ish to the bin!

You should be thankful the man paid your expenses (transport, stress & airtime)..

Ordinarily, the bank would still come after you for a refund...

You should be thankful the Manager gave you a due recognition in the presence of other staff...

Some of us have been overpaid by careless cashiers and we made a complete refund without expecting anything in return (even though such cases are very easy to get away with without any trace).

This is the normal thing to do..
but unfortunately, the whole world system is something else...

Thank God you didn't make yourself a scape-goat..
Some of those pouring curses will be so scared to even withdraw N1000 from that money.. grin (especially when they remember their family, credentials with the bank, home & office address, telephone number-sim registration grin coloured Passport, International Passport, Driver's licence) grin

Or do you think the owner of the N800,000 will overlook the cash?
Lol... By then, The Nigerian Police Force go nearly open Barrack & Police academy on top ya head...
grin
Because your governors siphon billions and go free doesn't mean you (common citizen) will do whatever you like with another man's money grin

Do not let greed and people's opinion derail your thoughts!

If I were in your shoes... I wouldn't even accept the N20K gift...
Its not my money & I shouldn't be compensated for doing the right thing..
Haba! This is just a careless transfer...

People wey come dey refund millions wey dem find inside nylon bag nko??
It means, President Ebele Jonathan ought to honour them with GCFR
grin

19 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2013
Double Post.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2013
Acidosis: abeg abeg you guys should throw the "stingy" ish to the bin!

You should be thankful the man paid your expenses (transport, stress & airtime)..

You should be thankful the Manager gave you a due recognition in the presence of other staff...

Some of us have been overpaid by careless cashiers and we made a complete refund without expecting anything in return (even though such cases are very easy to get away with without any trace).

Some of those pouring curses will be so scared to even withdraw N1000 from that money.. grin (especially when they remember their family, credentials with the bank, home & office address, telephone number-sim registration grin coloured Passport, International Passport, Driver's licence) grin

Lol... By then, The Nigerian Police Force go nearly open Barrack & Police academy on top ya head...
grin
Because your governors siphon billions and go free doesn't mean you (common citizen) will do whatever you like with another man's money grin

grin
my brother I didn't ask any money from him he just decide on his own

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2013

grin

grin
my brother I didn't ask any money from him he just decide on his own

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: my brother I didn't ask any money from him he just decide on his own

Yep... I know...

But the part were you guys tagged him stingy isn't cool..

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2013

grin
my thoughts exactly. @Op, well done brah.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
Acidosis:

Yep... I know...

But the part were you guys tagged him stingy isn't cool..
yeah thanks thou
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by oduz: 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
[size=18pt]WHY I Will Score U 40%[/size]

DRY-ACTION, I am proud of you, u are now an NL HERO, I am one of your respondents from your first thread where you sought advice on this issue. & this was what I said .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report to your Bank Manager, accompanied by Journalists & become a Hero

[size=18pt]Touch it & u may END UP IN JAIL[/size]

IF u Finally get there, u will notice a lot of writings on the wall

Be Gracious enough to quote this WARNING on the wall, to warn others

If in doubt seek Legal Advice

Or go to First Bank HQ, ask of what happened to a customer who mistakenly saw the balance of another customer of same name on ATM & spent it, they may be kind enough to give u his cell address

Those who are now 'Approving' that u should do the 'needful' will not be there when your picture appear in the newspapers for the Wrong things & some innocent members of your family are holding Tearful get-togethers, God Forbid

Best Wishes cool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......... U missed 'accompanied by Journalists' However, there is always space in the Biggest Room in the World, the room for IMPROVEMENT. & this is how you can leverage on it ....

Go to the corporate headquarters of the Bank & drop a letter to the MD, through the corporate affairs Head, comending the Bank & their Branch Manager for helping you earn N20,000

Appeal that your mentor has suggested that you tell the story to the Press as a way to help improve morals in the nation at large

Add that it was also suggested that the Bank will need to varify the anthenticity of the story at some stage, so the need to alert them in advance

But it is also considered that using the Banks publicity apparatus may give it a better professional packaging as well as ensure some image control/monitoring/benefit to the Bank in some way ...............

Whatever process is used in getting a media support for this story will convert it from being a Nollywood Tale by the Moonlihgt, to an ESSENTIAL part of your CV which can fetch a better job/Award/appointment now or in the Future

40% is a pass mark in some schools, its just that NL mentors (TEAM INTEGRITY) think a distinguished member like you deserve something better, for being positive in the midst of High intensity negativism pervading our Forum & nation at large.

We need good role models & u have been identified as a good Prospect, I pray u do not disappoint ........

IF u take any of these steps, the value of this incidence will increase by some high percentage, & those laughing at you will frown at their own folly ........ & DRY-ACTION would be converted to Super-Action or 'Super-Dryakson', as you may desire ........

The Land is Green cool

18 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Mustay(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson:
What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

Did you ask them for their Nairaland ID? Those guys must be from NL!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? / Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Dried Bamboo To Tissue Production Factory Launched In Akwa Ibom Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.