Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

National Check-up Day Will Reduce Sudden Deaths - NMA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / National Check-up Day Will Reduce Sudden Deaths - NMA (434 Views)

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Check-up Day Will Reduce Sudden Deaths - NMA by pumpingmachine: 6:51am On Nov 06, 2013
The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has called for a National check-up day to tackle the menace of sudden deaths in the country.

According to the National President of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), the day is needed to intensify the campaign for healthy living and regular health check-up which he said are progressive strategies for addressing the ugly trend.

“On behalf of the NMA, I wish to restate our call on the executive and legislative arms of Government at local, state and federal government levels to create a separate day, at least six-monthly or once a year dedicated to free health check-up by Nigerian citizens under their jurisdiction," he said.

He mentioned the association’s recent survey that revealed that most primary and secondary healthcare systems in Nigeria lack adequate health human resource, basic healthcare facilities and services, as well as adequate funding and essential drugs.

He then called for more serious commitment by the government at all levels towards improving the quality of healthcare in Nigeria.

http://www.healthnewsng.com/2013/11/national-check-up-day-will-reduce.html

Visit www.healthnewsng.com for more Nigerian health news
Re: National Check-up Day Will Reduce Sudden Deaths - NMA by Buchianom(m): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2013
National check - up day ke Kai! This my country funny o.

Wat will NMA, PSN, AMLSN, NANNM... etc nw be doing on there annual health week's?

Abeg make dem find anoda story joor!
Every professional association ought to be doing this free health check as part of there annual health week programme, whether in urban or rural areas.

(1) (Reply)

Call 08051574114 For That Health Problem To Be Solved..... / In Case Of Emergency / Urgent Help Sought!!! Who Can Assist Me Please?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.